Chocolate Contest X1 - WE HAVE A WINNER

Official community level contests.
georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: Chocolate Contest X1 - WE HAVE A WINNER

Postby georgespezi12 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:42 am

I enjoyed making the level Monroe Falls. I've learned a bit more after designing the level. The ending was so anticlimactic because I ran out of steam in the making of the level. It will need some improvements and possibly a Part 2.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:38 pm

Honestly, aside from the long wait for the results, this is probably my favorite contest in a while. The variety of levels and how good some of these turned out were really amazing. Even as someone who played through every level with their best effort, I'm still excited to see the episode. Congrats to the top 5, and I'm interested to wait for what comes next

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:38 pm
Honestly, aside from the long wait for the results, this is probably my favorite contest in a while. The variety of levels and how good some of these turned out were really amazing. Even as someone who played through every level with their best effort, I'm still excited to see the episode. Congrats to the top 5, and I'm interested to wait for what comes next
The episode will not be out til at LEAST November 23rd. The reason for this is to give the episode staff some time to make some levels for SLAM. Though from what I can see, it looks like it can be finished this week if that was not the case.

computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Eejit
Pronouns: it/he/they

Postby computerfan0 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:48 pm

If that's the case, it should be coming very soon!

(Yes, I'm aware that it's the 24th at the time I posted this)

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:48 pm

what Mech said is a minimum duration (read: it will "NOT" be out till AT LEAST ...) so as he expressed it will take longer bc the people in charge also wanted to focus on SLAM, which recently closed

computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Eejit
Pronouns: it/he/they

Postby computerfan0 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:13 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm
computerfan0 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:48 pm

what Mech said is a minimum duration (read: it will "NOT" be out till AT LEAST ...) so as he expressed it will take longer bc the people in charge also wanted to focus on SLAM, which recently closed
Yes, I am aware, I meant that it will be releasing shortly as we are past the earliest date.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Knowing the history of contest episodes in recent years, it may still take a good while.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 pm
Knowing the history of contest episodes in recent years, it may still take a good while.
Did you know that the world map is 98% complete and was 95% complete three days ago? The final step is going to take a bit. It slowed down due to SLAM's deadline coming up.

Edit: 99% of my work on the episode is done. (Has been since November 15th.) 8luestorm is actually in the middle of moving to a new house, so he physically has no computer to use right now, but has stuff planned out. The third person involved is also pretty much done and is only supplying graphics when needed by 8luestorm at this point. I would say the episode is about 70% done in my opinion? Could be more, could be less.

8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:10 pm

MECHDRAGON777 pos[i wrote:[/i]t_id=380662 time=1606618686 user_id=99]
Cedur wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 pm
Did you know that the world map is 98% complete and was 95% complete three days ago? The final step is going to take a bit. It slowed down due to SLAM's deadline coming up.

Edit: 99% of my work on the episode is done. (Has been since November 15th.) 8luestorm is actually in the middle of moving to a new house, so he physically has no computer to use right now, but has stuff planned out. The third person involved is also pretty much done and is only supplying graphics when needed by 8luestorm at this point. I would say the episode is about 70% done in my opinion? Could be more, could be less.
Indeed, 60-70% sounds about right. Don't lose hope, we're trying our best to make this episode magnificent!

Return to “Level Contests”