Off-topic discussion.
The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 5: Player Analysis

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Uranus wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Yeah, didnt do too well, Had fun though.

Also, only half of the mafia got wiped out, not 3/4
Oh the 3/4 was in reference to 3/4 of you died in one Day and Night Cycle. Since Dawn and jordan died on N2 and you on D2.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: just cool

Postby Uranus » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:40 pm

The Thwomp King wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:38 pm
Uranus wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Yeah, didnt do too well, Had fun though.

Also, only half of the mafia got wiped out, not 3/4
Oh the 3/4 was in reference to 3/4 of you died in one Day and Night Cycle. Since Dawn and jordan died on N2 and you on D2.
Ok.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Would be good to post the games as well so I'm not confused at first sight thinking there were 5 mafiosos (bc there's a fifth spoiler for Mafia overall) (and also the 2nd 3rd party was originally a townie)

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Still can't believe Fyre dying painted black immediately after using his Ability 1 on Kanye truly was a coincidence.

Well, the dying part I knew was gonna happen (mwahahahahahahaha), but not the painted black part.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance I would've been destroyed if Salt didn't paint Fyre black.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:30 am

SAStar777 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm
Still can't believe Fyre dying painted black immediately after using his Ability 1 on Kanye truly was a coincidence.

Well, the dying part I knew was gonna happen (mwahahahahahahaha), but not the painted black part.

Honestly, I think there's a good chance I would've been destroyed if Salt didn't paint Fyre black.
If I paid enough attention to follow Kayne's instruction OR caught you before night 6, then you would have also lost. I never agreed to hiding night 6 to my knowledge, but on a change of topic... where is M7's analysis?

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Uranus » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:15 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:30 am
SAStar777 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:20 pm

If I paid enough attention to follow Kayne's instruction OR caught you before night 6, then you would have also lost. I never agreed to hiding night 6 to my knowledge, but on a change of topic... where is M7's analysis?
Dawn was gonna pass it to Mosaic who didnt pay attention to the game. So I don't think we are getting one.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Uranus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Hello people. Court has been dismissed and the state has reviewed your progress and listed the logs, here are the Mafia 10 Logs for the Innocent, The Guilty and the Jury.

Analysis

Third Party:

TayCamGame, The Judge: You managed to stay relatively hidden but was narrowed down by Thwomp. Imo you were close to a blue but I feel like your impact was minimal (though me forgetting your abilities did help a bit in your downfall sooo sowwyy)

Inferno, The Crooked Lawyer: Oh boy, So you managed to align yourself with the mafia, good. It paid off as Fyre put out a well timed plan for LGL to die which helped both sides and helped you win the game. However, you did reveal the mafia in a rage which was an unnecessary move, Please refrain from this in the future. In conclusion you did good individually .  You did not do a great job at infiltrating the town alliance either but I am giving you an orange because you won and your plans were not foiled but you failed to be loyal to the mafia.

Third Party Review: Both Third parties did good imo,  Not much else to say here.

Mafia:

SaStar, the Baliff: Well done on leading the mafia, you managed to stay out of relative suspicion and did not make any bad plays. Sad that you were spotted by Thwomp’s Gang, otherwise you played pretty well.

Mr Greenman, the Corrupted Witness: You were not that active tbh but not red because you stayed out of sight and were semi active.

FyreNova, The Backstabber: Your plan to kill LGL ended up working well and it got both sides to win something, However, two game flaws were being suspected by Thwomp’s gang and killing Greenman to “just end the game” instead of working with him in the Mafia’s final moments. Still, good job.

Mafia Overall: You guys managed to kill 3 specials pretty early on which was pretty nice. You were screwed out by Inferno sadly, you guys had real potential to win but were screwed. Best faction this game imo.

Town:

Koobnoob, the Attorney: Died night one, you could not have any impact on the game

Computerfan, the Prosecutor: You were inactive but managed to get hooked up by Thwomp and successfully healed. Probably the lightest green of the game though.

LGL, the Witness: You could have gotten rid of Fyre early in the game but were muted, you had a chance to convince the jury to kill Fyre but unfortunately did not use it the opportunity.

MECHDRAGON, the Helper Defense: You were pretty inactive but managed to clutch in late game by taking attorney and being hooked by Thwomp. Overall, a light green but still good

Saltlord, the Green Mason: You were Thwomp’s little buddy who didn't do too much but gave Joe updates despite being inactive and assisted Thwomp when needed. Played pretty well.

Joemama, The Red Mason: you were pretty inactive but did help with the Fyre lynch. Not much to say otherwise.

TTK, a Townie: You lead the town alliance and correctly guessed all three mafias and guesshotted Taycam. You lying about inspection results helped town kill the required people. You had a different playstyle this game which I like. Nice job Thwomp.

Helmet, a Townie: Most things that apply to Mech are the same here except the ability stuff.

Light Yagami, a Townie: Very inactive, only shitposted and did nothing but leak your role. PLEASE MAKE AN ATTEMPT NEXT TIME.

Dawnfire, The Miller: You were inactive and didnt really participate in much game wise. At least you tried to be somewhat active. A bit disappointing tbh, I wanted more from you on your return.

Town Overall: You guys did decent. Thwomp and his crew carried the town but it wasn't a trainwreck like M8.

Game Overall: It was ok. There weren’t any outstanding plays but nothing really dumb either. Could have done more with the jury mechanic and better hosting though. Not a trainwreck but nothing great either.

Plot: A lazy judge invites 15 people to a courthouse and gets hooked on MTPO. He almost gets a WR but when he finds out he forgot to stop the clock, he goes mentally insane and kills 99% of the Punch Out!! Cast along with some others. He is stopped and murdered by TTK and the others. The Boss offers Koobnoob a drink while two beings, Tonie and Mafo spectate every single mafia game. Mafo secretly plots to take over the universe with the help of a beefed up Mr Back Corner.

M10 Logs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... Olkoa4XRWj

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 11: Player Analysis

Postby SAStar777 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:30 am

The first game of season 3 has ended!
This one was an interesting concept as it was a faction game!

For this one, we took a game that was in the old game concept thread that was never played and gave it a go. It was Fantasy is my Ecstasy by Magna. You can find the orginal one here, but I ended up making some changes that I felt were necessary (mainly the Apoplexy Orge, who would've easily been exposed with votes in the orginal, and the Southern King, who would've changed how instas worked). The revised version can be found in the game logs here.

Now then, as for player reviews...
Arachnids: show
Davidk400, the Eastern Magician
  • First death of the game on your grand return. You couldn't make much of an impact besides somehow contacting one of your teammates only to be lynched that same phase. RIP
Rating: ORANGE

FyreNova, the Kamikaze Underling
  • Well you ended up resorting to just helping others thinking you couldn't win. Which...honestly, that was a good thought since Davide was the first death and Koob wasn't being helpful at all. Let's base this analysis off of that instead.
  • So, LGL contacted you immediately and you two agreed to claim to each other the first chance you got. I bet you were startled when he said "Honorable Knight." Fortunately, you got him to agree to lynch you if he had to get rid of you.
  • Inferno later contacted you as well, but you initially wanted revenge for...a past event, so you edited a log of your conversation with him in order to try to get him lynched. ...Where did you get "Graverobber" from if the Morphing Miller isn't a Graverobber, though? (The Morphing Miller was a new role entirely.)
  • Later on, you told Uranus you knew another orange, but instead of just telling him straight away, you decided to get LGL's permission first. Unfortunately, timezones messed that up a bit.
  • Afterwards, however, you revealed your alliance with LGL when Salt just wouldn't listen to Taycam assuming oranges have to die just because they have the Honorable Knight.
  • Finally, you decided to help Inferno after all and you two started plotting against Taycam and Uranus. Sadly, Inferno wanted a snipevote finale, but school got in his way and the last two Lions won anyway.
  • Thinking about it, if that snipevote finale happened, you could have then betrayed Inferno again (by having whoever wasn't lynched between Taycam and Uranus vote with you againt Inferno) and won anyway. Not sure if you would have done that, though.
Rating: GREEN

Koob_noob, the Apoplexy Ogre
  • You only used your ability once, even though you could have used it multiple times (specifically, until you gotten one kill with it).
  • On top of that, you never claimed to Fyre even after he claimed in public, which really hurt your team's chances further than the Day 2 lynch did.
  • Please, PLEASE do better next time.
Rating: RED

The Arachnids Overall
  • Well, considering one wasn't doing much, one was the first death of the game, and one ended up helping others out instead because of the aforementioned two...honestly, this team fell apart pretty quickly team-wise. Fyre was the only one that did well.

Cobras: show
Computerfan0, the Morphing Miller
  • The one game where it's literally impossible for you to be a normal Townsperson, yet you were STILL inactive for some inexplicable reason.
  • AND you only used your morphing ability once, not even using the copied ability afterwards. I understand that you wanted to wait until you knew some roles, but you could have just as easily learned three roles early on just by copying them.
  • You at least told Inferno (your teammate) (well, Kanye at the time) who Koob (your copied target) was, but that was about the extent of what you did this game. Never copied since nor used the copied ability.
  • Honestly, where were you most of this game? This is the one game where being a regular Townsperson was impossible and you ended up...like this.
Rating: RED

MECHDRAGON777, the Wise Wizard
  • So, as far as I could tell, you were a bit out of it this game as you initially tried to inspect two people that weren't playing.
  • You also only talked like once mentioning that you had no strat for a faction game like this. I know you have a job now, but not talking much is...not very good. Especially for you.
  • But, one of your teammates, Inferno, contacted you. Sadly, as luck would have it, he was working with Taycam to gather info and fakeclaimed to you as Taycam's role using the info he gave you. Oof.
  • Smart idea to not tell someone who claims to be of another team your color, let alone your role, though. ...But I have to wonder how things would have played out if you simply told him your color...
  • Also, you were the only death outside of lynches as LGL died soon after killing you, Fyre never got lynched, and Koob never scored a kill. I'm not sure if I should congratulate you on that, add a grave marker for you in my Terraria graveyard of NSMBX Mafia deaths related to events that stuck out to me, or both. ...I think I'l do both. Congrats on being the only death outside of lynches this game! ...Now I gotta add a grave marker for you in my Terraria graveyard of NSMBX Mafia deaths related to events that stuck out to me.

Inferno, the original Northern King
  • Inferno didn't want to be reviewed. So, no review for him this time. If he changes his mind, though, I'll edit this post to have a review for him.
Rating: ???
EDIT: Inferno wanted it, sooooooo...
  • So, when the first death happened on Day 2, with Davide getting lynched, you panicked thinking he was one of your teammates. That was...weird. Sure, it was possible he was color swapped, but uh...nope. Those didn't really make much of an impact until later on.
  • Then Day 3 came, and Jordan announced he roleblocked you 3 times in a row, which was a true statement. You then said you weren't roleblocked which was...also a true statement. Yeah, roleblocking doesn't actually work on daytime abilities, especially not doubled votes as those could only be stopped by voteblocking. And roleblock targets that didn't have an ability that could be blocked don't get informed. Sadly, people didn't know this and the statements you and Jordan made were deemed contradictory.
  • And then Fyre edited a log in order to get his revenge on you. This, the roleblocking thing from before, and prior strees left you so frustrated that you...temporarily subbed out to recover. Which also led to the real Honorable Knight dying in your place and also took Koob's kill away since he used his ability on you the night before.
  • Then when you returned to the game, you teammed up with Taycam and Uranus. But Taycam fooled you into thinking Computerfan lied to you, even though Computerfan previously Koob was the Apoplexy Ogre after morphing into him. ...Though, I guess to be fair, Apoplexy Ogre, a Rigger, could be easily faked since it's kinda tough to pull off a kill with it.
  • You also teammed up with Fyre in a separate group and started planning to betray Taycam and Uranus. This was going well...until the end when you planned to have a double snipevote to eliminate one of them. But school said no. And then you got double snipevoted instead.
  • Honestly, this is tough to judge. The start was kinda rough for you and you being temporarily subbed out was essentially what saved you back there. But later on, you actually formulated a plan that would've ruined your biggest rivals but got that screwed over by real life. Plus, people didn't fully understand how roleblocks work.
  • ...Hmm...I think your plan to secure your victory may actually push you into your rating's range, since it meant you would've made a big comeback for your team with you being the only member of it alive, but only barely because of everything that happened before (and by that I mean one more minor mistake could've cemented an orange for you). Had school not screwed you over, you could've followed it up by voting off whatever Lion you didn't get rid of the next day, leaving you as the winner since you would've always had the voting advantage over Fyre.

KanyeBakingCupcakes, the temporary Northern King Replacement
  • Kanye didn't want to be reviewed either. Doubt he'll change his mind on this, but I'll keep the offer I'm giving Inferno of editing this post to have him reviewed anyway open just in case.
Rating: BLUE (for the lulz) ???

The Cobras Overall
  • Honestly, this team had a lot of potential lost. Maybe if Computerfan and Mech were more active things could have played out a lot differently. Definitely would've been better for this team. But as it stands...

Lions: show
Taycamgame, the Western Magician
  • Early on, you tried to get as much info as possible, which inadvertently involved getting Inferno to fakeclaim to a teammate using info you gave him.
  • You also learned Chilly's color from Inferno, leading you to realize that he and Jordan were on the same team after Jordan publicly claimed.
  • ...And then you presented that to the public. How come? That easily got them to start an alliance themselves.
  • Regardless, however, you eventually got in contact with Uranus, and you two were probably the best coordinated duo of the game. The only other alliance I can think of that was close also involved you two, but had Inferno in it as well, though you ended up needing to betray him in the end.
  • Also, your color swaps were phenomenal when they started to actually make an impact. They made Fyre think he was the last Arachnid after Salt died and turned Inferno against Computerfan, his own teammate. You even lied to Inferno after the Koob lynch saying you didn't swap colors.
  • In the end, you ended up backstabbing Inferno with a double snipevote before he could backstab you with a double snipevote that had one count as two. If you voted him earlier, or if you lynched Fyre last instead, I highly doubt things would have ended well for you and Uranus. So, good job.
Rating: BLUE

LGLMAKING, the Honorable Knight
  • So, early on, you contacted Fyre and formed an alliance with him even though he was Kamikaze Underling.
  • You two were planning things well, given you got an early Inferno lynch setup of your own and were deciding kill targets.
  • Or, well...one kill target. Unfortunately, after Mech died, Kanye was called in to temporary replace Inferno while the latter was getting voted on for...I won't go into more details regarding that. But Kanye wanted an inactive gone and you just weren't active enough.
  • Making matters worse is that that was when Fyre wanted your permission to tell Uranus about you. Sadly, timezones struck again, and messed you up before you could get in contact with one of your own teammates.
  • I say you did well for what you were able to do, though, since your lynch reasoning was due to unfortunate circumstances.

Uranus, the Fearless Fairy
  • Early on, you also tried to get info with alliances, though when Fyre decided he should get permission from LGL before telling you about him, timezones ruined everything.
  • You also correctly identified LGL as the Honorable Knight after he was lynched, however, and got the news to your only other teammate.
  • Soon after, you two went on to be probably the best coordinated team of the game. I'd keep going, but I feel a bit of what I said about Taycam applies to you as well (i.e fooling other players with colors and betraying Inferno before he could betray you).

The Lions Overall
  • Honestly, thinking about it, this game might have had the best chances of winning given they had the least restricted killer. However, the Honorable Knight died so early. But the remaining two members took it from there, showing that they didn't need their killer to be alive for long in order to win.

Wolverines: show
Chilly, the Ancient Healer
  • Inferno contacted you early on, and you two formed an alliance from there.
  • However, Jordan later claimed in public and Taycam exposed you and Jordan as teammates. You took this opportunity to reveal to Jordan your role so you could start working from there.
  • ...Too bad people just wanted the Wolverines dead, though. Not sure why since your early lead was gone after Salt was lynched. You were active at least.

Jordandiablo, the Goblin Swordsman
  • So, yeah, LGL legitimately didn't kill the first two phases. He did kill Night 3, but by that point, you were convinced the Honorable Knight was Inferno (your constant roleblock target) and that the kill was due to the Morphing Miller.
  • Still a good move to try to get Inferno lynched, though, since he had the Cobra role that could easily claim to get an alliance with little to no consequence and had more voting power than anyone (Northern King, a Doublevoter).
  • You even contacted Uranus, Salt, and Fyre a day before in order to get support beforehand.
  • Unfortunately, however, people seemed prejudiced against Wolverines after they scored a lead early on, leading to your downfall on Day 6.
  • Also, I'm not sure why you proceeded to roleblock Inferno again on Night 6. I thought you knew his role at that point?

Saltlord, the Southern King
  • Early on, Jordan contacted you and two others so he could gain support for an Inferno lynch. He even claimed in the group.
  • Yet, you didn't ever tell him who you were. I know you all agreed in the group to not tell each other who you were unless necessary, but you could have capitalized on this by telling Jordan your role behind their backs.
  • Also, you were so adamant that Taycam was the Honorable Knight that the only evidence against it you didn't quickly dismiss was Fyre's log of his alliance with LGL. I can understand you not believing Taycam when he told you he was not the Honorable Knight and knew the Fairy, but Fyre was vouching for him as well.
  • And then you just ended up getting lynched after people decided they needed a blue gone. You were active during your time alive, but I feel you could have done better.
  • Also, you forgot about your ability half the time you were alive this game, even though I reminded you while you were asleep. Yikes.

The Wolverines Overall
  • This team got a nice strong start but ended up disposed of even after their lead was taken away. Not sure why everyone else wanted them gone after the first one, but I must wonder how much further this team would have gone if that wasn't the case.

As for my personal thoughts...
Here you go: show
Man, killing should have been done better this game. Thinking about it, I probably could have kept the original Apoplexy Ogre, but I didn't like the idea of that role being exposed after one kill (person gets lynched, another death happens the same day, people see who they voted for and it wasn't the lynch target...bam, Apoplexy Ogre exposed). The exposure would have left them getting claims from the other Arachnids, yes, but the Ancient Healer wouldn't protect them, leaving them as Honorable Knight fodder. And if they didn't die the next night, there likely would be nobody voting for them again. All this is why I changed the Apoplexy Orge in the first place. Mistake? Possibly.

That said, the main reason killing should have been handled better was how long the game took. This game took 9 full cycles, 2 more than M2. I feel the main contributing factor was the Honorable Knight dying early. They were the least restricted killing role in the game, and one of only 3 killing roles overall. The other two depended on lynches in order to kill. However, they never even got to kill. Only one came close, but had that taken away. The Honorable Knight, however, could kill every night, only being unable to for a night if they kill a teammate (originally, they died if they killed one of their own, which is...no, just no). If the Honorable Knight lived past Day 3, this game would have gone a lot faster most likely. But as it stands...welp.

And then there's the activity. In public...you'd be hearing crickets a lot, at least in the later phases. But behind the scenes...oh, boy, that's where all the juicy stuff is. It's kinda like people developed a phobia of talking in public in the lategame to avoid getting info out to other factions. I'm not sure if this is a faction game-only thing, but I say it's better for literally any other game to have most of the activity in public.

As for me as a host...well...this was NOT my finest hosting job. At all. I knew I needed to fix my sleep schedule so I can change phases in time (phase change was noon EST this game, an hour earlier than usual), but I ended up sleeping past phase change time 2 or 3 times. Not only that, but I also didn't remember to tell Taycam he was voteblocked Day 4 until half an hour later. ...Yeah, sorry, guys. I'll do better next time I host, I promise.

And finally, the best play of the game...
It is...: show
Color Switcheroo Shenanigans
  • Taycam and Uranus needed a way to mess people up after losing LGL. Fortunately for them, Taycam had the ability that's just right for that.
  • With them seeking to confirm Koob's color, Taycam swapped it with Salt's Night 4.
  • Salt ended up lynched Day 4 and came up red instead of blue because of the swap. This threw people off, especially Fyre who then proceeded to accuse Salt of playing badly and think he was the last Arachnid.
  • Night 5 came, and Taycam, without telling Inferno, switched the colors of Inferno and Koob.
  • Following the Koob lynch, Inferno asked Taycam for color swap info as he was in contact with Computerfan, his true remaining teammate. Taycam told Inferno he didn't swap colors Night 5, leading Inferno to believe he was lied to by Computerfan.
  • This, in turn, made Inferno easily turn against Computerfan later on, something that likely wouldn't have happened otherwise. Computerfan flipping purple didn't change anything either as Taycam then told Inferno he swapped his color with Computerfan's the night before (which he actually did, but that didn't matter as Inferno and Computerfan had the same color).
Last edited by SAStar777 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Uranus » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 am

Yet, you didn't ever tell him who you were. I know you all agreed in the group to not tell each other who you were unless necessary, but you could have capitalized on this by telling Jordan your role behind their backs.
Actually now that I think of that, I'm pretty surprised why he didn't do that.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Mafia Revival - Season 3 - M12: Casino Panic Analysis

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 pm

Mafia Logs and Actions
Role List and Game Info

What's good everyone? See above for the logs and actions of M12, and the google doc of the analysis (even though I'm just copying pasting it here). Scores are cumulative on both myself and Inferno's thoughts per player.

Player Analysis

Mafia

Drifloon - The Floorman
Spoiler: show
- You were an effective member of the team in the early game being the lead member for the duration of it
- You were found out by Mech and Sas though by Day 2, but you handled it pretty well
- Also your intuition to block Oshi (the doctor) was clever too as you deemed him suspicious for being too quiet as well
From Inferno
- For the first few phases, you did pretty well in terms of activity and interacting with the mafia.
- Sadly, your roleblocks were on basic townies, and couldn't really contribute to much due to you being lynched early. If you lasted a bit longer, you could've been looking at a green.
- Your ideas of fake-claiming Upperhand would've been pretty cool to see, but would've shaken the ground for later phases, and sadly failed to make the statement early.
Swiss - The Upperhand
- You were continuously a contributing member of the team and always ready to help your teammates whenever you could
- You were the biggest follower of the trio, but needless to say you were active and nothing short of a positive part of the team
- Also nice choice picking Fyre to kill in N5. You and Jordan figured he was the most trustworthy to town to an extent, but it ending up sealing the win. This move alone pushed you out of the follower category and should Fyre have not been roleblocked, it’s reasonable to say you could’ve pulled off getting LGL or Salt lynched
From Inferno
- Really kept a low profile and made himself to stand out as a townie even though he wasn't. And the consistent activity from him also helped him too. Heck, me and Thwomp thought he was a townie as well. (No I didn't - TTK)
- Made some good kill suggestions, mainly with Fyre as it helped you all win. Really exterminated your giant threat from throwing you and Jordan off this game. Your paint choices on Salt were slightly questionable though, but you didn't know he was a literal red role, so its a pass.
- Pitching in with the Mafia activity helped too, and gave you a grant advantage to good plays.
- Overall, this is your best game yet
jordandiablo - The Bartender
- Yet another effective member of the team, and probably the most efficient with leading after Drifloon got lynched
- Your choices to silence the people you did were fully justified as it definitely led to some of the more crucial moments to mafia winning the game (i.e. silencing Sas on N3 so he’d get lynched pretty quickly)
- Your choice to not silence anyone on N5 was questionable, but it didn’t really matter once you and Swiss targeted Fyre as a kill
- Your decisions on who to kill made sense for the most part too, so overall great job
From Inferno
- Your plays were excellent, mainly when it came to getting SAS, the roulette master, lynched. And your kill choices were nice too.
- The activity you also gave to the game was great too and threw off people picking you up as the Bartender.
- Keeping a low profile too besides the issue you had with the role, it was great overall.
- I can simply say you make the best silencer in my personal opinion, and being able to throw off the Manager and Roulette Master were really good plays. So good performance!
Mafia Overall
- This mafia squad was a well oiled machine for sure. Everyone worked together well and no one was a true liability or a risk factor against the mafia. Each of you played with cool heads and really made winning a fairly easy time.
- That being said some of the credit to your win does have to go to Fyre helping kill some potential threats as well though
- From a gameplay standpoint though, had Drifloon not been inspected then there’s a very solid chance all 3 of you would have never been deemed suspicious by the town. I mean Swiss and Jordan weren’t on anyone’s radars after Drifloon’s death
- So even with a more proactive (and smarter) town I could definitely picture this team still having a great shot winning overall. Excellent job guys.

Town

Mechdragon777 - The Detective
- It was a discussion in dead chat, but you seriously gotta stop targeting Sas for stuff. Whether it be an interrogation or as a target for inspection or whatever the case may be, this is clearly meta if Sas is the target. Even if your reason is he’s the only player you know in the game, that’s not a valid excuse to pick him when we literally have the graveyard listing all living players in the game. I’ve been patient with dming you specific details for the game, but whoever the host might be shouldn’t be constantly spoon feeding you the general information that all you gotta do to find is to click to see in #role-list and #role-info. I’m sorry for being rude like this, but it’s the truth of the matter.
- That being said, the alliance you did form with Sas at least did come to use as you worked together to get Drifloon lynched with Sas as your voice. Keeping your identity safe early on is important.
- Considering all the eyes on Sas in N3, you probably could have stepped in to defend Sas towards the very end of the phase to both protect him and maybe prevent mafia from targeting you, but you died from Fyre the Dealer instead
- Overall you really didn’t play that terribly, but the meta stuff is my biggest gripe with your gameplay. Your choices were logical and you did take down a mafia. Just more activity when it was needed was probably warranted. Also Fyre killed you because he was suspicious you may have been an important role.
From Inferno
- You had a simple job that could've had this game in the bag, but your insistence on meta-playing SAS does not help you here. Arranging an alliance too would've hurt you too since you revealed your number and SAS could've went to pick yours and pull off his win on you.
- Taking second-thoughts into account goes a long way. And also, claiming to not know any players and only knew SAS was participating is not a really valid excuse as you have done this multiple times in the past with him every time you had an inspect ability. This is why pre-game exists since you could familiarize yourself with every player you're playing with.
- Your plan with SAS when it came lynching to Drifloon seemed good on paper, but it was not executed properly and resulted him in death. The least you could do was defend him and decided to wait on a day knowing there was a silencer that could've hushed him, or someone who would've wanting to kill you. It's pretty much best to speak up when there is a very good chance/opportunity to do so. Your demise did come from the Dealer anyway.
- Your performance can be much better, and you seriously should consider STUDYING the players BEFORE playing the game instead of waiting AFTER it started.
Oshi - The Doctor
- It was nice to see you back in the game, but unfortunately this wasn’t your best. I will defend your decision to heal Sas because “Everybody Loves Sas,” but you probably could have picked someone else to heal on N2, and the heal on Fyre was somewhat questionable at first, but it makes sense when Sas was deemed suspicious to most of town.
- You were a decently active player, but Mafia caught on that you were a helpful town, which led to your death on N3. It didn’t help when Tay came forward that he was roleblocked but died as a townie, and then you were blocked and didn’t announce it which only further confirmed to mafia that you may have been a special.
- Overall not much to say otherwise. You didn’t really get to do terribly much to benefit town
From Inferno
- No Review Found
Saltlord - The Manager
- The last town special standing by the game’s end, but you were a little slow with your actions throughout the game
- You defended yourself fairly well when eyes were on you, but your choices on who to roleblock were questionable. Oshi seemed like a helpful player, so I’m surprised you blocked him on N2. You also were just a few minutes too late with your N4 action.
- Overall though you really didn’t contribute much, made an alliance with a silenced sas too late as you narrowly missed being in an alliance with him and Mech. Had you been a bit more proactive in the early game there’s potential you 3 could’ve done a bit more. At least you were a semi-active presence when you weren’t silenced
- Also gonna throw in the last bit in N5 with LGL and coming forward as Manager, but it was too little too late to really surmount anything.
From Inferno:
No Review Found
Helmet subbed by Dawnfire - The Assistant Manager
- Helmet - all you did was target Sas because I guess “Everybody Loves Sas,” and you didn’t contribute you much at all
- Dawn - when you subbed in all you did was target Sas N3 because I guess “Everybody Loves Sas,” didn’t target anyone N4, and you didn’t contribute anything at all, even when you were getting lynched D4
- Both of you I expect better, but Helmet gave valid reason for dropping the game so he doesn’t get an actual score.
From Inferno:
Dawn
- The worst town special this game would have to go to you sadly. We get you had to sub in for Helmet, but come on, you could've at least been active.
- Your plays were not great to be exact either with having to give your double vote off to SAS because Helmet did it himself. You would've been better off trying to rally a town alliance and crap, but your activity goes to show that you wouldn't have itched to do it anyway.Helmet (Orange) - Assistant Manager
Helmet
- Unlike your sub, you were fairly active. But you could've at least chose other players to utilize the double vote on. Sorry to have to see you dropped out early, but hopefully you'll kick tail in a future return.
LGL - Townie
- You brought in small tidbits of info during the first half of the game that could’ve been semi-helpful
- After like D3 you really didn’t contribute anything except saying hello or trying to get the last message in the phase or something like that.
- But then you came in on N5 to try to put the pieces together, but you were too little too late just like Salt.
From Inferno:
- I was considering a green considering your fair activity this game, but you really didn't act until the last minute at games end. But good job participating in getting the Roulette Master lynched, you really did help sort of there.
Koob - Townie
- I think your behavior could’ve been a bit better towards the likes of Sas and what not, but I can’t deny you were a fairly active townie
- Rallying with Fyre to lynch Sas wasn’t the best move as Sas was willing to help town despite being the RM
- Most importantly you drew the attention of Mafia and even TP for a bit. Mafia chose to kill you off on N4, and this is an underrated thing as you did diverge a potential kill on a town special.
- So nothing too crazy, but good work keeping mafia from killing a town special for an extra night
From Inferno:
No Review Found
Ch1lly - Townie
- You didn’t do anything throughout the duration of the game and just died eventually. Do better. If other stuff is going irl, feel better man.
From Inferno:
- C'mon, be more active man. If you were busy though, then that's understandable.
Taycam - Townie
- You weren’t around long enough to really have an impact, so automatic Orange
From Inferno:
- Died fairly early unfortunately. If Uranus would've managed to pull out a town alliance with you involved, I would've loved to see the dastardly duo return, but the mafia killed you off regardless.
Uranus - Townie
- You too weren’t around long enough to have an impact, so also automatic Orange
From Inferno:
- Sorry to see you die night 1. I was really anticipating you committing a Kanye this game and rally up a town alliance to handle the pesky mafiosos and third parties. So sadly, nothing could've been contributed
Note:
Neither Uranus or Taycam were chosen as kills for meta reasonings for clarification. They did win the previous game, but being targeted by Mafia was not because of this or other meta reasonings
Town Overall
- The colors speak for themselves. Not a single person got green or blue in town and for good reason. The town was either too inactive, followed the mafia or TP blindly, or got killed off before having an impact
- Not much to really say other than you all made this game an easy time for Dealer and Mafia

Third Party

Sastar - The Roulette Master
- This will be a review combining your performance with your desire to help town (at first)
- You were really unfortunate and somewhat fortunate in the beginning because “Everybody loves Sas,” so it sucks you were silenced and inspected, but you were given double votes and chosen to be healed so that’s not bad
- You really only got one proper chance to pick a number through the whole game, and you were so close to winning had the mafia not killed Taycam on N2. You also got silenced again on N3 when eyes were on you when Fyre led the charge against you and then you got lynched
- That being said, when you had opportunities you didn’t play at your best this game either. You did form an alliance with Mech and was his voice to lynch Drifloon.
- If I’m being honest though, Mech did tell you his number picked was 7, so you had a golden opportunity to both help town with lynching Drifloon AND snagging your win by picking 7. Yeah it’s a somewhat dirty move, but ultimately you’re a TP and you had your independent win condition which was to match a person’s number
- Had you played more selfishly this rating would’ve been green or even blue as who knows what town or mafia would’ve done if you had that win on D2. Otherwise I hope people learn to stop targeting you soon in the early game.
From Inferno:
No Review Found
Fyre - The Dealer
- Personally I think you being TP really gave an opportunity to see how you would do on your own. You’ve been on both good and bad teams with towns and mafia, so I was excited to see what you’d bring to the table this game and you didn’t disappoint
- You were an active member throughout the game and are probably both the most helpful to town and the most deceitful to the town which was great.
- You pushed suspicion onto Sas from D2 - D3, and while it may not have been the greatest of arguments you both got under Sas’ skin and got town to join your side in the argument. A couple people in dead chat thought this was dumb of you, but I couldn’t help but laugh at how ingenius this really was. For one this caused the town to trust you as you ultimately led a TP to be lynched, yet the mafia had no reason to target you because your move diverted any attention towards them.
- You also were chosen as a heal from Oshi on N3 out of fear Sas may have targeted you which again, you pulled off coming off as the most trustworthy town
- Even in D4 you accidentally mistook Upperhand as Dealer which definitely makes it seem you’re not the Dealer at all.
- You were pretty lucky to pull the Upperhand as an ability 3 nights in a row. The first kill on Mechdragon was amazing as you read through Mech as being an important role (basically not a townie), but the kill on Ch1lly didn’t make as much sense since he didn’t do anything the entire game so it was probably safe to assume he wasn’t anything special.
- Your biggest shortcoming was not hitting an actual mafia member though, but needless to say this is your best game in a while. Watching your performances each game is always a treat, so keep at it man. You’re gonna get a good win one of these days
From Inferno:
- Honestly, this was the best role for you possible considering its perks. Mainly with all the RNG elements that came with it, you utilized them to your advantage so thats a huge bonus there.
- Rolling those 3 Upperhand abilities was nice, and kill choices were on point such as Mech who was the detective, but you honestly got thrown off when Salt roleblocked you when you were gonna snipe out Jordan. And you asking for the mafia to not kill anyone was a really poor play, mainly under the excuse you managed the semi-vigilante being on the loose still.
- Activity was good as well, and you had it in the bag the first half, but that last half was a poor performance. But good hustle in the end my friend.

Overall Thoughts:
- This game really could have been much better, but really could have been much worse too.
- I will start by saying the game definitely needed a bit more polish to it, and that’s the fault of myself and the other game balancers involved. We did have to clarify the proper goals of the Dealer. The initial intention was for Dealer to be an active TP, not a passive TP like the Roulette Master, hence why they could steal the win by surviving until the end of the game.
- We also did have a couple instances of almost rerolling at the fault of Inferno and myself, so fortunately we didn’t need to do anything, but for this being my second time hosting I will definitely do my part to be much more proactive like I was in M8. Inferno may have been a bit too talkative in chats as well and maybe borderline shared too much info with town and mafia, but I take fault for not being able to limit conversation between hosts and players still. So I do apologize this wasn’t my best job, but expect a better job on my end in M13.
- Now to the actual game itself… yeah this was kinda a mess. Town was once again the worst group this game, and as my review showed, everyone was an orange or red. Fyre was kinda lucky and Sas was pretty unlucky as TPs, and Mafia really kinda snaked through a majority of the game.
- Most importantly though the biggest problem and say it with me everyone, “EVERYBODY LOVES SAS!!!” This shit seriously needs to stop. I would gladly set aside a potential coincidence of like 3-4 people targeting the same person, but the fact of the matter is everyone keeps targeting Sas to some sort of capacity at the start of almost every single game and not only does that suck seeing as a host, but I’m sure it’s annoying the shit out of Sastar too. I’ll let Mosaic continue with further details if he chooses to again, but guys we really gotta stop using meta to dictate decisions in the beginning of the game. If the reason you’re targeting someone in the beginning is because “They’re good at the game,” or “Oh they won recently,” or “They’re the only player I know,” or “It’s their first game back,” or “I hate them,” then you need to step back to realize how you’re ruining the fun of the game. Anyways I don’t want to be a broken record, so I hope you all are paying attention and think about what you’re doing in future games.
- Anyways I still had fun hosting and this was a really unique concept, but the execution could’ve been better with both hosting and through the gameplay itself. I hope to see you all in the next game, and may M13 be a step up.
Best Plays
These were kind of hard to come by but if I had to choose:
- The double kill of two town specials, Oshi and Mech on N3
- Fyre gaining the town's trust and bandwagoning the lynching of Sastar
- Swiss initiating the kill on Fyre in N5
- Salt roleblocking Fyre in N5, ultimately costing town the game :p
- Drifloon taking lynching like a true champ

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 am

I think M12 was the first time someone was the only one to get a blue rating for themselves, even if their team got a blue rating overall. Every other time was either two people getting individual blue ratings or zero people.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Mafia Revival: Mafia 13: Moral Match Revival Analysis

Postby The Thwomp King » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Mafia Actions
Role List and Game Info
The M13 Plot
M13 Logs

What's good everyone? Gonna be a bit before I do the logs for M13, but feel free to look at the actions sheet, the google doc of the game itself, and the plot I added as a fun twist to the game.

Player Analysis

Mafia

Drifloon - Dark Spirit
- You were once again an effective member of the team in the early game being the lead member for the duration of it
- You were pretty unfairly deemed suspicious by Inferno and the town alliance for your questions regarding TP and ghost and such, but there certainly was a chance for you to infiltrate the town alliance
- Had you been able to last longer I think you would’ve worked well with Oshi to come up with a winning strategy
Oshi - Prank Caller
- You had potential to be the game changer of mafia given you had the strongest ability of the 3, but unfortunately your teammates were killed in consecutive phases in addition to you being deemed sus in the lynch immediately after Koob’s lynch
- I do have to account for you giving up and somewhat gamethrowing yourself, but it was unfortunate to see you leave the game early in your second game straight upon your return
- Props to you for roleblocking Vigi twice in a row in the beginning though, and it sucks you couldn’t make it to N3 to get Jordan killed based on Koob’s stalk info considering that would’ve potentially impacted the game if you killed the medic
Koob - Stalker
- Probably the least contributing of the 3 mafia considering one phase Drifloon had chosen your action target for you, but you were still somewhat present at least
- You weren’t necessarily the best at not being suspicious considering the town alliance decided that Vigi should shoot you, but even then that was also partly a random decision on their part too
- Good move stalking inferno, since there was a good chance medic (or even TP or sheriff) could have visited them, but you pinned Jordan visiting Inferno N3 as helpful info for Oshi
- Also you did offend LGL at one point in the game which I also address in his review. If things get personal please leave it out of the game and take the time to discuss these matters maturely amongst one another, and also please be more considerate of others’ feelings
Mafia Overall
- This is really an orange more so because of the lack of opportunity that you guys really had in the early game
- Each of you were practically guess-shotted in 3 consecutive phases one way or another, and unfortunately each of you really couldn’t have done much to change people’s minds because of how large the town alliance grew
- There were decent ideas and actions sprinkled, but not much could have really been done for you guys to snag the win

Town

Taycamgame - Vigilante
- Kinda funny how you were roleblocked twice during your first 2 nights and because role blocks weren’t shared, you had to expect that night immunity is a possibility here too
- Regardless you were a little too trigger happy, and the penalty really didn’t kick in for you until your N5 kill on Helmet, which at that point didn’t matter considering town was in such a good spot by then. Perhaps limiting kills is the best route for this role in the future
- Anyways you joined the alliance part way through the game, though you honestly were the most trustworthy of the starting 4 with proof as Vigi vs the trio of Uranus, LGL, and Inferno who didn’t fully trust you at first even though they all contacted each other at random with no proof they could trust each other (glad you called them out on that btw)
- So all things considered you did your part for the alliance and had some good guess shots on the likes of Drifloon and Koob, but you did play fairly well overall as a part of the alliance, a voice of the town as a fake claimer to the ghost (attracting the ghost themselves to you), and inevitably helped seal the win through process of elimination
Jordan - Doctor
- You undervaluing yourself in postgame annoyed me considering you honestly deserve a somewhat decent score
- You were logical with all of your heal choices, and you picked up on a town alliance part way through the game
- The town never did fully trusted you in which my thoughts are similar to what I wrote for Taycam, but you did what you were told and were a positive factor to the team despite them not feeding you honest information all of the time
Swiss - Sheriff
- You weren’t as active as you were the previous game, but hey not everyone can keep the momentum going with each game. You forgot to inspect someone night 1 as well which I do have to factor though
- You were mostly passive in the town chat and your inspection of Koob N2 went nowhere when he flipped black. It was ultimately your vote on Drifloon that triggered the insta, and in return the remaining 2 mafia killed you as an act of revenge
- Had you inspected N1 there would have been strong potential for you to start your own alliance had you inspected a blue or green that first night, but overall your impact on the game was neither positive nor negative
Uranus - Necromancer
- You were among the first to get reached by Inferno and eventually you two and LGL were the start of the town alliance that dominated throughout the game
- You were by far the most careful of the starting 3 as you were a town special, but I still critique the basis of trusting these 2 when you had no context or proof going into it
- Even then it felt like at times you overvalued your role compared to the likes of Tay and Jordan, who both I felt deemed themselves trustworthy to the alliance despite you being highly self-preserved. I say this considering the fact that Necro is kinda meant to be the sacrificial member of the town alliance considering they have that final message they can send upon their death. So while you did have a letter prepped in the later phases of the game, you were basically just an orange townie by game’s end
- Anyways you did your part for the alliance and helped with toning the more aggressive ideas and actions of your teammates so you played fairly well
Davide - Ghost
- You were in a kinda awkward position from the start of the game when Tay targeted you N1. You were both protected by a roleblock and night-immune, so Tay kinda suspected you from the start
- Eventually when Tay and Inferno conducted their plan with Tay claiming ghost, I thought it made sense for you to reach them to join the alliance to try to be as trustworthy as you could. You were also cautious yourself so it’s good you didn’t join blindly
- Unfortunately at the end of the day the alliance didn’t fully trust you and you didn’t fully trust them, and eventually they decided it was best to lynch you as a fail safe to the idea of TP still running around (which they were)
- So there really isn’t much that you could’ve done differently, so all things considered I think you did the best you could have
Sastar - Townie
- You were basically a traditional helpful townie this game. You put your thoughts out there for how to handle certain situations, and no one really suspected you either
- You eventually contacted some of the alliance, and you were an overall decently positive factor to the game
- Good job, and I’m glad to see you survive until the end again vs the early targets you had post M8
LGL - Townie
- The second third of the starting trio. You blindly trusted the other two as well, but also contributed to reaching out to a lot of people here and there to try to find leads of your own
- You probably had around the same impact as Uranus, but even then you did have some ideas here and there
- Only reason I’m dropping you to orange though is because of the way you acted towards Koob and how he led to some personal motivations in the game for you. Please keep personal matters out of the game and please talk amongst each other over issues you both had. Respect is a two way street, and while you were rightfully offended by something he said, you decided to bring that into the game further through discussion and even voting
Inferno - Townie
- Boy did you go all out this game, but because you made a huge effort to copy the aggressive strategy Kanye performed in M8 (and I guess mine to an extent from M10), I will compare your performance with those two.
- I want to start by saying luck is an honest factor in mafia, so neither of the three players in this were completely about skill. That being said while luck is a factor, your performance was very heavily weighted on and relied on said luck. You jumped to the conclusion instantly that you could trust Uranus and LGL without any context to what they could be capable of in N1.
- Spoilers for M8 - In comparison to starting alliances, Kanye in M8 didn’t really get the cogs moving until Night 2 of M8, where he didn’t form an alliance with anyone until Helmet revealed he was petrified (silenced) on Day 1. Yes there is a chance Helmet could’ve lied, but it was reasonable to say Kanye could risk it given his role as a townie. This not only is a reasonable way to utilize risk as it’s not just a blind guess, but rather Kanye knows he’ll either be targeted by Mafia/TP or get an actual alliance going with the detective. Furthermore Kanye deemed Uranus suspicious during the early stages of the game due to how he thought Uranus was a bit too active in trying to help town. In this case Kanye reached Fyre and Sastar as fail safes to look into Uranus as suspicious in case Helmet was not trustworthy afterall; Kanye used his role to his advantage to share information and his thoughts with other individuals while not just saying “Hey you seem trustworthy, let’s work together.” Come the next phase, Helmet revealed to Kanye that Uranus flipped red, Fyre proved to Kanye he was trustworthy by baiting Uranus to panic with the “random” lynch vote towards him, and even Az jumped in to seal Uranus’ fate that phase as well. At that point it made sense for Kanye to form an alliance with all four members as each of them had minimal reason to be mafia killing their own team member and was fairly convinced the TP wouldn’t try to be this active in the early game. At that point his biggest luck factor was on whether the TP infiltrated the alliance (which could’ve happened had Sastar been deemed trustworthy by Kanye).
- So the major difference between you and Kanye in this? Kanye took the first couple of phases to read the room; he waited and listened to see what potential catalyst would start kicking off the game. Once he read that he seized the moment to do his part in the game.
- You on the other hand went into an alliance blind with Uranus and LGL, and it fortunately worked out for you. The same can be applied with each person you deemed suspicious. Taycam was logical and how you probably should’ve acted towards Uranus and LGL, but when he proved himself to you, you remained more reserved for the wrong reasons for a little too long. Drifloon literally asked a question about night immunity with the ghost and TP, and this somehow led to you thinking “Oh shit he sus let’s kill him!” which just isn’t proper justification, but you got lucky with getting a scum out. The same can be applied with Oshi somewhat though he kinda was more obvious than Drifloon, and the initial suspicions on Saltlord also didn’t make sense at first in the Day 3 lynch before jumping to Oshi.
- So anyways my advice is to keep calm, and to not let your anxiety dictate your decision making. If you can take a step back to see what’s happening around you I think that will go a long way into making more effective decisions. This does rely on the game being active, but every good game of mafia has some relatively active conversations in the town hub so base this strategy off that.
- I think you’re on your way to being an effective player, and you did a good job communicating and reaching out to others so you kept the game entertaining at the very least. Just be patient and vigilant; react to a situation vs acting up a situation
FyreNova - Townie
- Died Night 1 so automatic orange rating, but you left an impact with the jokes that followed the phases after your death
TheHelmetGuy1 - Townie
- You made it far into the game, but had next to no impact though. You hardly spoke throughout the game, and the only thing I can honestly note is the conversation you had with Uranus before getting killed by Tay
- Anyways hope you can be active for the next game you’re in
Mechdragon777 - Miller
- You died somewhat early, but I don’t think you even realized the game started until after you were killed which is why this is a red rating

Town Overall
- If I’m being totally honest, I wish there was a score between Green and Orange because that’s how mediocre I thought each town member was overall.
- The fact of the matter was that town did end up winning the game overall, and communication amongst the most trustworthy was very apparent throughout.
- But even then I jumped between green and orange between each and every player because each individual really wasn’t that stellar or stood out.
- Overall it was nice seeing town win, let alone seeing an active town for once, but the fact of the matter is some decisions weren’t the most logical, and town essentially got extremely lucky at the end of the day.
- I will give this a green score too, but just know all players with a green or orange rating were all around the same caliber of quality and had there been a score between the two then you all would’ve likely gotten that instead

Third Party

Saltlord - Identity Thief
- I thought you played decently throughout the game, but some reason I just wanted more out of you with this role
- Perhaps maybe you should’ve chosen a target N1 vs rng, but it was funny that you picked the same target as mafia for both N1 and N2. Unfortunately the only color you actually stole the entire game was Mech’s red color as Miller. Somehow you only took out townies (and miller) which is pretty unfortunate
- You had eyes on you for next to no reason in D3, but attention was swayed towards Oshi when you defended yourself on the activity claim Inferno made along with Sas defending you
- The decision to not kill N3 made sense as to leave an impression that Drifloon was the TP instead of you which was smart too, but perhaps you could’ve guess shot another townie since those were the main individuals you killed anyways
- Overall you played well and you ultimately got narrowed down to for the D5 lynch due to process of elimination from town alliance in addition to some bad luck on your end
- I do have a feeling it may be time for you to look into doing some new strategies moving forward though based on how there have been slightly more eyes on you over the course of these past few games

Overall Thoughts:
- There was so much luck involved, but honestly this felt like the most smooth running game in a while and kinda the most in the norm sort of game too if that makes sense
- There were no blue ratings, but there were hardly any people that had very negative impacts on the game itself
- We had an active town, mafia, and TP for the most part, conversations were relatively active in the town hub, there were alliances being made (perhaps too many), and overall it felt like people were having fun for the most part
- So with that I found this to be the most straightforward game in a long while. It wasn’t too long or too short, and I think we’re at a trajectory of getting more solid games in the near future
- This will likely be my last game I’m running for quite some time, but I had fun overseeing this one and this was my favorite one to watch over
- Anyways I wish everyone best of luck with M14, and I hope we can keep the positive momentum going despite my many critiques within the game itself
Most Notable Plays
Not too much stood out a the "best" plays, but these were the most impactful I suppose
- The 3 consecutive guess shots on mafia in D2, N3, and D3 respectively
- The alliance dictating the entire game from D1 onwards
- Mafia and Identity Thief targeting the same people N1 and N2
- Swiss not inspecting anyone N1, preventing a true alliance to potentially start
- A majority of players being active in town hub
- Too many fucking alliances
Last edited by The Thwomp King on Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Uranus » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:46 pm

To be honest, I never completely trusted Inferno early on in the game.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 13: Player Analysis

Postby SAStar777 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:51 pm

So, thread ownership got transferred to me. We should be able to keep the original post and the thread name up to date now.

I actually went ahead and redesigned the original post, as well as updated it to include everything past M5.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 13: Player Analysis

Postby The Thwomp King » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Just added logs for M13. Apologies on the delays.

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Mafia Revival: Mafia 14: Player Analysis

Postby Radiance » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm

M14: Peak of Democracy but Better

M14 Role List
M14 Logs
M14 Roles and Actions

Player Analysis

Mafia:

inferno - Breaks the Laws of Language
Your D1 vote didn’t make sense. The town is getting advantage at lynching Swiss but you also voted for Swiss. And you nullified Oshi’s -1 vote on Swiss. You also posted in public chat lots of irrelevant information but you rarely post about the game events which made you suspicious in the eyes of the Town Alliance.

Your role reveal is a double-edged sword, (1) you can be safely lynched, or (2) you are faking Vengeful Anti-lyncher to gain another kill. It’s just unfortunate that the Town Alliance figured out that you are saying the truth.
Davide - Breaks the Laws of Living Things
You didn’t vote in D1 which lessened the chance of somehow lynching another person instead of Swiss.

You followed inferno’s conclusion that Taycamgame is the TP which seems that you are supporting inferno as a teammate.

You also confirmed that inferno is the Breaks the Laws of Language which is a no-no.

You still thought that Taycamgame is the TP even if you targeted Uranus and he didn’t die with a protection message.
Oshi - Breaks the Laws of Lynching
The -1 vote on Swiss made sense so you can gain an extra kill if all of you voted and if the town isn’t paying attention. You also led the mafioso to focus on voting MECH which spared inferno’s life for a bit. You also stayed low but it’s just unfortunate that the Town Alliance figured you out by elimination.
Mafia Overall
Mafiosos voting on MECH in D2 is the best play by the mafia because although MECH acted suspicious, this allows them for Inferno to live for another cycle.

You were all pretty down when TTK has already pinpointed two of the mafiosos but you forgot the fact that one of you can be (1) safely lynched, (2) can or cannot be lynched, and (3) punishes town when lynched.

Town:

Saltlord - he protecc
You didn’t protect anyone in N1. Even if your protection won’t protect someone from being killed, still try protecting a random person. Your protections on the next two phases made sense though. And you planning with TTK in early game helped the town a lot to identify who are the possible scums and possible specials.
jordandiablo - he attacc
You wasted one of your three kills on a Townsperson. If Fyre wasn’t killed, the Townie alliance has more chances to be built. You were killed N1 though so you can’t redeem yourself in the game after N1.
Taycamgame - and most importanly, he inspecc
Your inspections made sense and with the help of your ability (inspection) and process of elimination, the Town Alliance’s hunches on who are the scums were strengthened. And the fake logs for Uranus wouldn’t be possible without your help.
thehelmetguy1 - Mayor Tim
You died without having much impact on the game. You didn’t use your action in N1 and your action in N2 is nullified because TTK is silenced.
FyreNova - Townsfolk
You tried to bait anti-town to kill you. It’s just unfortunate that the anti-town ignored you and the Vigilante killed you instead.
MECHDRAGON777 - Townie
You’re fine being sacrifice which led you being seen as suspicious. Maybe because the Vengeful Anti-lyncher exists. I’m pretty sure if you only said to vote Swiss again, things would be different. And you being lynched made the town’s victory in a jeopardy.
SAStar777 - Town
You also helped the Town Alliance by sharing your ideas but not in the same degree with TTK and Taycamgame.
LGL - Towner
You died N1 and you didn’t have done any impact on the game.
Swiss - amogus
While your public claim as a miller helped the town, you didn’t vote for Inferno when the public chat said so. This led to a KitB and MECH being lynched. You redeemed yourself by cooperating with the town in voting.
The Thwomp King - The Mime
The Mime reveal is a great move so that you can get the trust of the town and have them cooperate with you. You know all the anti-town just by reading their languages. You managed to fool the mafia by declaring to lynch Davide but ask the confirmed town to lynch inferno instead. You managed to fool the mafia again in public chat while also fooling Uranus in DMs by killing them each other. You and Taycamgame carried the game. But there’s two questionable things you’ve done. (1) Trusting thg1 and immediately adding him to the first Town Whisper group. thg1 could be a mafia faking silence. (2) You planned to not speak when you’re silenced not until SAS convinced you to say your silence message. Overall, you’ve done great in this game.
Town Overall
The town isn’t that active until D3. The mechanics of the game encourages the town to vote because if not, the Mafia gains another kill. While some individuals have done great plays, the cooperation among all the town in public chat is pretty weak. This led to MECH being lynched and the town's victory in danger.

Third Party:

Uranus - Not Mayor Tom
Your kill targets made sense until TTK influenced your kill targets. Your predictions also made sense for N3 and N4. It just unfortunate that TTK figured out your role via elimination and reading language.

Best Plays
  • Mafioso’s cooperation to vote for MECH which led to a KitB
  • TTK fooling the mafia to kill Uranus in public chats and TTK fooling Uranus to kill a mafioso via fake logs with Taycamgame.
  • Taycamgame riding inferno’s theory that Taycamgame is the actual TP.

Worst Plays
  • You all posting pictures in public chat.
  • Gifest in LGL and Fyre’s town whispers chat.

I had trouble logging those.

Overall
This is a pretty interesting game to spectate. All the mafiosos, town alliance, and TP are tense and they all thought they will win the game. I had fun with this game.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 14: Player Analysis

Postby SAStar777 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:49 pm

Drifloon wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm
Worst Plays
  • You all posting pictures in public chat.
  • Gifest in LGL and Fyre’s town whispers chat.

I had trouble logging those.
Wow. The worst plays were really just images and gifs?

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 14: Player Analysis

Postby Radiance » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 pm

Yes

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
But in all honesty, almost all of the worst plays here came from irl issues and maybe my death message for Taycamgame so I decided to put none aside from making me log things harder

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 15: Player Analysis

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:03 pm

It's been ages since this game happened, and I honestly should have had this thing up far sooner than I did, but here goes.
Uranus, The Rainbow Slime
Essentially lead the mafia when alive.
Was the most active on his team.
Kinda went down a bit easy when they were lynched Day 2 however.
Never used ability, which kinda sucks

Swiss, The Spiky Slime
Didn’t really use their ability at all.
Pretty inactive.
Even when being lynched, he didn’t even really try to get out of it.

Joe Mama Tauneza, The Magic Slime
Never took advantage of what was honestly a pretty neat ability to have.
Was pretty inactive as well.

LGL, The Watchful Slime
Made a good move watching Sastar night one, given he’d be a common visit target.
Picked good watch targets overall with picking Inferno night 3 as well.
However had a bad night 2 strat involving not using his ability until one specific person decided to write him back, when he could have easily used it on anyone.
When he was in danger day 2, he made the right moves to save himself especially given the lack of a present doctor.

Inferno, The Psychic Slime
Manged to establish an alliance with Sastar through some good strategizing.
Was pretty active and contributive during the game.
Unfortunately died to a merge death relatively early on.

Sastar, The Chilling Slime
Was able to get contact with Inferno, allowing a mini alliance that eventually became a bigger sized one.
Was overall pretty active before he died.
Dying to a merge kinda sucks, but yeah.

Umbreon, the Blazing Slime
The person playing before you had “burned up”(i’m not sorry) one of your alerts, and in general you didn’t really take advantage of your ability when it mattered (atleast so far)
Was also insanely inactive, not really even speaking much at all at any point.

Helmet, A Regular Slime
Not too much notable to say, was pretty inactive.

Taycamgame, A Regular Slime
Was pretty active throughout the game, kept contact with the alliance, but didn’t come up with too many of his own ideas.

Drifloon, A Regular Slime
Was in general active where it counted, but didn’t come up with too many of their own strategies.

Mechdragon, A Regular Slime
Was not very active, not much to really be said.

Jordan, A Regular Slime
Again, not much notable to say.

Oshi, A Regular Slime
Yeah...you didn’t deserve to die as early as you did, not much to really say here either.

Saltlord, The Red Slime
Died Night 1, big oof, but it was good for town as you would be tough to figure out if you died later on in the game.

Best Plays Of The Game
LGL’s Watch Targets: In general, throughout the game, when it came to all of the visit targets that LGL selected each night, they all made sense, despite stumbling on one of them slightly.
Night 1: Watching Sastar was logical given how common of a target he tends to be early on in mafia games.
Night 2: The place he stumbled, he waited for a specific person to get to him on something, and as a result, wasted an ability usage.
Night 3: Given the situation, being that he had contact with Inferno and the like, along with him being the Psychic Slime, giving him knowledge on who has doubled votes, he was able to learn who visited inferno and killed him.
Night 4: Mech is yet another common target, and given the pool of people remaining in the game up to this point, it made sense.

Each Team Overall
Mafia Overall
Once Uranus died, the mafia team was honestly really inactive and didn’t really try to use their abilities to their team’s advantage at all. None of them used their abilities once, it really was a situation in which they held on to things for a bit too long, until the point in which it killed them, perhaps if they took risks and tried strats more often, they could have done better, maybe even won.

Town Overall
Other than the specials (Minus Techno), nobody in the town really did too much notable in helping out the town. Even in the case of non-specials that were active, neither of them really came up with too much strategy wise. Not the most active overall. Other than a hand-selected number of them.

My Personal Thoughts
This game absolutely could have been a lot more active than it ended up being. Though this likely is partly related to the fact that when this game was played, it was around when school was wrapping up for a number of people, so I suppose it can somewhat be justified in that regard. Didn’t help that early on, some people needed to be subbed out (One for life reasons, one because they literally should not have been on Discord at their age.). Another thing this game had several design oversights such as the lack of a doctor and how useful the Chilling Slime actually was. The latter was really situational, and maybe should have protected players as well as prevent merges, not that it did though. And though things got a bit better towards the end, when looking back on this game overall, it honestly was not the greatest.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper

Re: Mafia Revival: Mafia 15: Player Analysis

Postby Uranus » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:05 am

You couldn't really blame me for not using the ability when I died so quickly. IIrc I was gonna use it after day 2 but that didn't work out.

Return to “Sandbox”