How you can make Graphics in 38A

Share guides you have written for SMBX, and related tools here.
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

How you can make Graphics in 38A

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:01 pm

HELPED WITH 5438A38A (not really I just used 1.4.5)

Hello! If I put somethings in caps I'm sorry and if im not making sense sorry about that too im just trying to help about it but anyways! I Made this because It seems like people aren't using graphic or some prople are using other peoples graphics!

-Hi. So in 38A (I think Wohlstand) made an app that comes with 38A which is "The MarioShop." It's helpful to use when making graphics or when you think somethings wrong with your graphics and you can fixed it simply

-You can select a file to literally FIX your graphics or fix other peoples graphics now if you have a way to make one already you can simply read this or you can know this or I DON'T KNOW IF I'M MAKING SENSE!

-For Example you can open a file and zoom in to fixes mirror problems you think there are. (Wow it crashed! But anyways) You would have to Zoom out in order to see closer to your graphic your fixing

-You can change your color on the right side of the tab and their might be other tabs there. On the right side you can see tabs that says R, G, B and A and you can't access it

-On your left side you can see tools you can use

-On the fourth tab on your right you see an SMBX cursor. Then when your go back to the right side you see *A NEW* tab.

-As you can see its called "TOOL SETTING." You can change the color to the color you want lol. If your lazy like me I just wanna fill it in you can press on the FIFTH tab on the left which means you can fill it in.

-By the way talking back to R, G, B and A you can now use them. (I'm trying my best not to use big words)

-If your making the graphics not fixing them using the fourth tab is good for you. The rest of the tabs aren't helpful to me but if you want you can use them

I hope this helped you alot!
Spoiler: show
NEWS: I STILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! now this might be going to my signature so lemme tell you. After I completed Super Toad Bros. X, An future episode will be ready to be tested! An demo of it is gonna come as fast as I can do. So be warned when Super Toad Bros. X is finished! But anyways I hope this helped you alot :mrgreen:
THIS IS AN REAL SPOILER!: show
Okay fine the future episode is called Super Mario 65

UnderscoreFyreNova
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Rock hard!
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: How you can make Graphics in 38A

Postby UnderscoreFyreNova » Thu May 14, 2020 11:43 pm

wohl didnt make 38a lmao

Bomb Kicker DX
Rex
Rex

Postby Bomb Kicker DX » Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 pm

bruh, where did you get this idea of Wohlstand making 38A? XD
btw, nice guide

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue May 19, 2020 1:11 am

The first post doesn't claim that Wohlstand made 38A. It says that they thought Wohlstand created MarioShop. That is likely not the case either but I don't understand how both of you managed to read that wrong.

Either way, if anyone looking to use MarioShop comes across this thread: A better idea is to use any third party software. Paint.NET and GIMP are good, free choices that have more than a month of development behind them and are perfectly suited for pixel art.

UnderscoreFyreNova
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Rock hard!

Postby UnderscoreFyreNova » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:49 am

No need to be rude lol

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:07 pm

lol!

38A is a Chinese guy 5438A38A who developed the whole SMBX-38A game. I only had to help SMBX-38A to come into SMBX community by my research together with Kevsoft of his build that didn't worked at first. Before that moment, it was known as one another "SMBX 1.4" fake. SnoopyTour was tried to tell about "SMBX 1.4", but people here didn't belove him. We with Kevsoft took the build (because it's Baidu, it's hard to retrieve a download without Chinese account), and made it working on my end with Windows XP VM that I had. Later I did the video where that game works. And later, I had to join QQ messenger and I found a way to contact with 5438A38A directly.

P4VL0VSKEY
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Multi-talented

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:15 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:07 pm
lol!

38A is a Chinese guy 5438A38A who developed the whole SMBX-38A game. I only had to help SMBX-38A to come into SMBX community by my research together with Kevsoft of his build that didn't worked at first. Before that moment, it was known as one another "SMBX 1.4" fake. SnoopyTour was tried to tell about "SMBX 1.4", but people here didn't belove him. We with Kevsoft took the build (because it's Baidu, it's hard to retrieve a download without Chinese account), and made it working on my end with Windows XP VM that I had. Later I did the video where that game works. And later, I had to join QQ messenger and I found a way to contact with 5438A38A directly.
Will that tool (Mario Shop) will be added to SMBX2 or PGE?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:28 am

P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:15 am
Can't say for PGE, but for SMBX2: no, never. You will have more success by using an image editing software that isn't bad. Some examples:
https://www.getpaint.net/
https://www.gimp.org/

Essentially, why would we (game engine developers) want to make a piece of software in a field we're not familiar with (image editing software development) just for it to become a worse alternative to already available free public software made by people who have much more experience in the field? As far as I can tell, all it would do is slow development down in necessary fields (furthering smbx2 development) down.

P4VL0VSKEY
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Multi-talented

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:48 am

Enjl wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:28 am
P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:15 am
Can't say for PGE, but for SMBX2: no, never. You will have more success by using an image editing software that isn't bad. Some examples:
https://www.getpaint.net/
https://www.gimp.org/

Essentially, why would we (game engine developers) want to make a piece of software in a field we're not familiar with (image editing software development) just for it to become a worse alternative to already available free public software made by people who have much more experience in the field? As far as I can tell, all it would do is slow development down in necessary fields (furthering smbx2 development) down.
I understand. I know, that is hard for devs and I understand you. You are doing great job and I hope, that you will make SMBX2 better in future time.
P. S. I prefer using paint.net

Link: https://www.getpaint.net/

BeyitBB
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Math nerd
Pronouns: he/him/his/they/them

Postby BeyitBB » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:51 am

In SMBX 1.4.4, I initially had trouble with the graphics (they always had the white background) but found a solution. I shouldn't have edited PNG images, but edited the graphics on new GIF images instead (masks are needed too), which will be converted into PNG images automatically when you 're-open' the level (after I save, I open the level again).

Besides, I have no idea what is Marioshop and how to use it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by ElectriKong on Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards

Postby ShadowXeldron » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:02 am

BeyitBB wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:51 am
In SMBX 1.4.4, I initially had trouble with the graphics (they always had the white background) but found a solution. I shouldn't have edited PNG images, but edited the graphics on new GIF images instead (masks are needed too), which will be converted into PNG images automatically when you 're-open' the level (after I save, I open the level again).

Besides, I have no idea what is Marioshop and how to use it. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I think it's stated above to be for 1.4.5. Note that I might be wrong because my antivirus shrieked at 1.4.5, and I only used 1.4.4 for like 10 minutes to see what all the fuss was about.

About those white backgrounds, which image editor are you using?

Return to “Guides”