Permanent ban after making a merged post?

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
SDA - SMBX
Spike
Spike
Flair: Legacy Editor FTW, PGE FTL

Permanent ban after making a merged post?

Postby SDA - SMBX » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:37 am

When an user makes a merged post when having the warning level at [1], he gets banned permanently? I'm just asking.

Also no heavy answers please. I don't want to do anything bad...

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Permanent ban after making a merged post?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:56 am

Are you talking about what happened to Marismb?

SDA - SMBX
Spike
Spike

Postby SDA - SMBX » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:56 am
Absolutely no. I'm generically taking about what could happen in a situation like this. That's all.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:56 am

Why are you bringing up that guy? He's not banned. There are no newly permabanned users.

Constant double-posting is against the rules, since it's not good-looking in a thread, hence a form of spam, and trivial to circumvent (just use the edit button, there's no excuse for overlooking it like 95% of all new members do). Since mid-2018 we have the auto-merge mod by Aero so most cases of multiposting fall under the radar.
But it's just one of the many technical "please don't" offenses that just give you a mild feedback from a moderator. Severe consequences are only applied if the person really refuses to understand it and keeps doing it notoriously.

SDA - SMBX
Spike
Spike

Postby SDA - SMBX » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Cedur wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm
Severe consequences are only applied if the person really refuses to understand it and keeps doing it notoriously.
Well, I accidentally merged a post once and I got a strike on my warning level from Electriking. But it's not my fault, I had a connection error and that was the result!

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:18 pm

If you mean this, you got the warning not for doubleposting but for your immaturely disdainful attitude.

First off, you don't make 1-emoji responses, especially not one telling "i don't care / go away". But, on top, you even added a very supercilious "don't talk to me like that" when all what people did was friendly advising you.

It's not the first time telling you that you have a dissocial personality. You paranoidly feel attacked by people responding you and you're being unthankful and spiteful even when people are completely friendly to you.
You take criticism too personally and sometimes sense criticism even when it's not. Your signature is spiteful and your current flair is ... quite cynical?

So if you say "I don't want to do anything wrong", this is my answer for you.

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Ace » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 am

SDA - SMBX wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:51 pm
Cedur wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm
Severe consequences are only applied if the person really refuses to understand it and keeps doing it notoriously.
Well, I accidentally merged a post once and I got a strike on my warning level from Electriking. But it's not my fault, I had a connection error and that was the result!

That's not what happened. Cedur is right; Re-read the thread and please try to understand why you received a warning, otherwise you may repeat the same mistakes. For the record, the warnings you've received make no mention of double posting.

To answer your original question, no. We don't automate the process like that. It's all dealt with manually, and there's no policy in our rules that match with what you're suggesting. You can DM me or another mod if you have further questions.

Return to “Site Discussion”