New users.

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Re: New users.

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:55 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:58 am
I'm working 6 days a week sometimes 12 hours so I have been busy. Not everyone has the time to respond to every post and the user base is not what it used to be.

Just be patient and don't give up. Smbx is a great game.

Im a new user and I get ignored... Yeah because of my "Super Toad Bros. X preview" topic and no one post things on my newer project for Super Toad Bros. X. Im completely lonely here. help.
Honestly I look at many episodes and see the same thing with a lot of them. Same story line about someone being kidnapped or a kingdom needing saved. Easy world 1 levels with way to many power ups and rompyness (left to right levels with little challenge aka speedruns) and then the person suffers from burn out, loss of interest or lack of ideas and leaves.

Creating an episode is hard. I talk about it all the time but have yet to make much progress on mine. Now that spring is hear I find myself wanting to be outside more.

My point is you need to be patient and just work on it in your own time. You will get burn out if you try to hard or have the pressure of constantly posting updates here. I will look at your post and give you my oppinion but I'm far from an expert.

Also if you need level ideas check out MM on YouTube. I love watching Ryukahr. He has amazing video play and lots of levels to watch for ideas.

Added in 3 minutes 21 seconds:
Cedur wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:26 am
Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:55 pm
Im a new user and I get ignored... Yeah because of my "Super Toad Bros. X preview" topic and no one post things on my newer project for Super Toad Bros. X. Im completely lonely here. help.

Two reasons:
  • You're nine years old. At least you're not breaking any rules and you don't make immature posts as of now, but still, your expression is a bit deficient.
  • From your screenshots, it's evident that your levels are really bland.
Take a look at your recent thread in Site Discussion. Not only did you make a totally unintelligible thread that noone can do anything with, but you also sorta realized it yourself and added a comical "wow I hate myself for this post" when you could just have deleted it.
I have literally no idea what you're trying to get at with this "question". Logging into your account gives you access to all "account stuff" (user control panel, PMs) anyway? I deliberately didn't make a reply here so you can still delete it as long as nobody replies.
Wish I had seen this post sooner. I agree with this.
Oh thanks

SPEEDIE
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: u fucking wot
Pronouns: he/him

Postby SPEEDIE » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:28 pm

cato wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:28 am
Yoe she wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:53 am
Is it just me or are new users here are ignored a lot by older members.
To say the least, new users are kinda inexperienced in the forums and starting new.
Unless they made some contributions, opinions, or their own episode projects, no one would really care much about them.
I am about to post something worthless but anyway, Most forum sites look the same, kinda, the interface is always the same. It doesn't matter what the topic is about, if it's about video games or something like XDA.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:17 am

SPEEDIE wrote:I am about to post something worthless but anyway, Most forum sites look the same, kinda, the interface is always the same. It doesn't matter what the topic is about, if it's about video games or something like XDA.

that's probably because they run on the same software, like phpbb?

SPEEDIE
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: u fucking wot

Postby SPEEDIE » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:58 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:17 am
SPEEDIE wrote:I am about to post something worthless but anyway, Most forum sites look the same, kinda, the interface is always the same. It doesn't matter what the topic is about, if it's about video games or something like XDA.

that's probably because they run on the same software, like phpbb?
Yes, and because of that, members of other forums will have an easy time navigating the features on this site.

CD20Superness
Snifit
Snifit

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 am

I get comments but most of them are kinda negative. I should make more better levels.

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Tue May 19, 2020 5:11 am

CD20Superness wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 am
I get comments but most of them are kinda negative. I should make more better levels.
Just a few years ago this site used to have a massive community and you could get all kinds of feedback.
I mean "negative feedback" is actually quite useful for finding out whats bugged or missing from your episode but after a while
it gets quite predictable and dismissive. At this point in SMBX be happy if you hear anything at all.
Now its more of a click and most members seem desperate to fit in.
Pretty sad this is the case for a potentially very creative playground.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 am

CD20Superness wrote:
Atleast you seem to get Feedback. I wouldn't mind negative Feedback, since it helps to improve.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 am

DrMekar wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 am
CD20Superness wrote:
Atleast you seem to get Feedback. I wouldn't mind negative Feedback, since it helps to improve.

Thing is, I'm sometimes afraid to write negative feedback, since it can quickly be deemed offensive.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 am
DrMekar wrote:
CD20Superness wrote:

Thing is, I'm sometimes afraid to write negative feedback, since it can quickly be deemed offensive.
I understand what you mean. Of course negative Feedback isen't something everyone excepts and some People directly
feel attacked. Okay, though you're welcome to give me negative Feedback if you have any.

CD20Superness
Snifit
Snifit

Postby CD20Superness » Fri May 29, 2020 1:41 am

DrMekar wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 am
Cedur wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 am
DrMekar wrote:

I understand what you mean. Of course negative Feedback isen't something everyone excepts and some People directly
feel attacked. Okay, though you're welcome to give me negative Feedback if you have any.
At least it's better than people not noticing my projects.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:45 am

Maybe people would notice them more if you advertise them more, and put some good work into them?

I looked at the ones i found from you, and honestly one is a joke Episode which aren't that appreciated here and another i found contains a lot of spammed scenery unless you fixed that sometime.

Also it's not a very good idea to say stuff like "Oh nobody notices my projects" the activity here changed and a lot of people who posted way more before are gone also.

Return to “Site Discussion”