SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Wiimeiser
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:42 pm

That's the one I was using. I think. This is the code I'm using:

Code: Select all

local autoscroll = require("autoscroll")

function onEvent(eventname)
	if eventname == "StartScroll" then
		autoscroll.scrollRight(0)
	end
end
EDIT: I think I have an inkling of what I did wrong here, though I might be wrong there too.

EDIT2: Yeah, changing it to autoscroll.scrollRight(1) fixed the issue.

cmantheninja121
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He

Postby cmantheninja121 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:51 pm

Also, would it be possible for swimming to work how it did in SMW where holding up makes you go up fast, and holding down keeps you in place?

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby KnownStranger » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Add harmful water that works like the original water but slowly damages the player, update the semisolid slopes (slope blocks configured with "semisolid=true") because I want that slopes from Super Mario World and more bosses from SMB3 and SMW.

BuurBull
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he

Postby BuurBull » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:17 pm

Dude the version dosent work, PLS HELP!

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:39 pm

BuurBull wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:17 pm
Dude the version dosent work, PLS HELP!
Can you be more specific please?

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby KnownStranger » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:07 pm

I found a bug while I tested a level.
The collectible triggers are at each beam for trigger "layer events" and each beam has different collectible triggers.
In the first image, I placed a "layer1" (torpedo ted generator in Left direction).
In the second image, I placed a "layer2" (torpedo ted generator in Right direction).
Toad was walking from left to right, so he first triggered the collectibles that trigger the event for "layer1", and then, you know waht happened. But in the third image, in that place with a arrow is Toad, and you can see that the "layer2" was replaced by "layer1".
I'm trying to be as specific, for the devs can fix this thing if it doesn't have a sollution. And sorry for the bad grammar. I'm using translater and my low knowledge of english. Also the torpedo teds can pass through the player filters.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby deice » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:53 am

Weirdgoomba4932 wrote: Also the torpedo teds can pass through the player filters.
this is intended behavior. torpedo teds do not collide with any blocks, just like in the original super mario world.

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby KnownStranger » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:19 pm

deice wrote:
Weirdgoomba4932 wrote: Also the torpedo teds can pass through the player filters.
this is intended behavior. torpedo teds do not collide with any blocks, just like in the original super mario world.
I thought it was some bug without fixing. In ATWE exists a custom block that destroys the torpedo teds; and I thought it was just a graphic replacement.

Wiimeiser
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: What?

Postby Wiimeiser » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:17 pm

If only NPCs could be made sizable, then trigger zones wouldn't need many duplicates.

(If the trigger is supposed to be based on screen position rather than character position, setting the event to run on activation works just fine in my experience)

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Postby cato » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 am

Two things I encountered:

You can set a Star Coin to be a hidden item (SMW) but even if the id is set, the game treats it as id = 0 with the hud not displaying the Star Coin counter. If you set a Power Star to be a hidden item, it flies off.

You can set a Hammer Bro not to face to the player (followplayer = false) (will always face the default direction it is set) in a custom NPC config. However, the first Hammer Bro with such properties every Hammer Bros that isn't loaded in the section you start, then loaded by walking towards their spawn location, will always faces left (and not faces right when the player walk passes it) despite it being set to face right. Moreover, upon despawning that Hammer Bro (by moving far to the right then backtrack), it resets and faces to the right.

BuurBull
Goomba
Goomba

Problem in smbx2 pal!

Postby BuurBull » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:07 pm

SMBX2, a nice new good game, but I have a problem, I use pal installer, cuz it dosen't have any viruses, but it dosen't work, when I click on the icon, it says: <<The Program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.>>, do somebody knows how to fix it PLS!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:!

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby deice » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:12 pm

BuurBull wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:07 pm
SMBX2, a nice new good game, but I have a problem, I use pal installer, cuz it dosen't have any viruses, but it dosen't work, when I click on the icon, it says: <<The Program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.>>, do somebody knows how to fix it PLS!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:!
1. the error is probably caused caused by the fact that you are missing the necessary visual c++ redistributable package. if i recall correctly, the 2015 version should work with smbx2.

2. in the first place, there's no reason to use the pal version anymore, there's the newer beta 4.

BuurBull
Goomba
Goomba

Postby BuurBull » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:21 pm

deice wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:12 pm
BuurBull wrote:
1. the error is probably caused caused by the fact that you are missing the necessary visual c++ redistributable package. if i recall correctly, the 2015 version should work with smbx2.

2. in the first place, there's no reason to use the pal version anymore, there's the newer beta 4.
Thx for the help but Beta 4 on my computer contains virus, that's why I use Pal, and also, the link is really working? Anyways I'll try, and again thx! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :) (:

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby ShadowXeldron » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:36 pm

BuurBull wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:21 pm
deice wrote:
BuurBull wrote:

Thx for the help but Beta 4 on my computer contains virus, that's why I use Pal, and also, the link is really working? Anyways I'll try, and again thx! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :) (:
Beta 4 does not contain viruses. If you get a virus warning, as long as you downloaded it from codehaus.moe it's a false positive and the warning can be safely ignored. Also, a lot of things made in Beta 4 won't work in PAL and vice versa. If it truly was a virus, we all would have noticed already.

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby KnownStranger » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:35 pm

Boom Boom and Larry Koopa are "nerfed" in Super Mario Bros X. In the original game Boom Boom becomes more aggresive every time Mario stomps his head. And Larry would be better than before if he jumps in his shell phase (like in the original game).

BuurBull
Goomba
Goomba

Postby BuurBull » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:04 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:36 pm
BuurBull wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:21 pm
deice wrote:

Beta 4 does not contain viruses. If you get a virus warning, as long as you downloaded it from codehaus.moe it's a false positive and the warning can be safely ignored. Also, a lot of things made in Beta 4 won't work in PAL and vice versa. If it truly was a virus, we all would have noticed already.
Ok I'll try using beta 4 one last time! thx

AToMIC
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: I'm here
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AToMIC » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:43 pm

I'm so glad after all these years later SMBx still gets the updates and usage it very much got back in the early days. I do apologize if bumping is still frowned upon here, but this is a pinned thread so I feel like there's an exception.

SMBx Beta 4 so far has been phenomenal and I think the devs deserve some credit.

If suggestions are welcomed here then I'd say maybe small quality updates for already existing NPCs. I see that has already happened for things like Koopa shells and bullet bill cannons. I'd say go even a step higher in that path if possible.

Things like the option to change what Hammer Brothers throw (like in SMBx 1.4). Or the ability to change the directions for piranha plants rather than have separate entities for each direction.

World maps could use some more features too. Curvy and diagonal paths or additional level types. I see hammer brothers and Nabbit go unused in SMBx's files so heck it looks like things in that department are already planned.

Regardless of what updates or additions happen, the dev team is doing A+ effort! :D

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:04 pm

For those of you wanting updates you can go to the Google spread sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Please keep in mind the development team is but a hand full of people with busy lives and alot of work to do for 2.0 so progress will be slow. Patience is a virtue.

ben
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby ben » Sun May 08, 2022 4:45 pm

I would like to ask a question, but the answer will probably be "yes". :)  

Is everything I create with the level- and world editor in SMBX 2 in the beta phase of this software compatible with the upcoming (full) major version of SMBX 2?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun May 08, 2022 4:50 pm

no. the beta label signifies potential compatibility breaks. if we were to retain compatibility indefinitely, the new characters and multiplayer would remain forever broken.

Return to “LunaLua”