This is the place for video games!
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Video Game Rumors

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13 pm

I figured I make this topic about video game rumors, since nobody in the history of the SMBX forums made this in the past! :roll:

So post some of the video game rumors you've heard and/or discuss them. So here's some of the rumors I heard:
  • Street Fighter V Champion Edition getting a Nintendo Switch port.
  • A new "Traditional" Paper Mario & new Metroid game is in the making.
  • The rumor of the president of Capcom wants to a Nintendo vs. Capcom arcade game.

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Video Game Rumors

Postby Oshi » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Some people really think that Reimu might get into Smash for some reason. I heard that part of the speculation for this is because Antimony of Common Flowers is supposed to be getting a Switch port "soon." Personally, I think that Goku has a much better chance and is more realistic given that there was recently a new DBZ fighting game released, and of course people want Goku in Smash.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:15 am

Oshi wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm
Some people really think that Reimu might get into Smash for some reason. I heard that part of the speculation for this is because Antimony of Common Flowers is supposed to be getting a Switch port "soon." Personally, I think that Goku has a much better chance and is more realistic given that there was recently a new DBZ fighting game released, and of course people want Goku in Smash.
I faintly remember a quote from Sakurai that characters like Goku are completely off the board because of characters considered for inclusion having to originate from a video game themselves.

So regardless of the likelihood of Reimu or any other Touhou rep, I think since that post from September it's pretty silly to hold out for characters like Goku or Hatsune Miku.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:59 am

Literally any Smash Ultimate prediction could fall into the category of rumors.

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==

Postby Oshi » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:15 am
I faintly remember a quote from Sakurai that characters like Goku are completely off the board because of characters considered for inclusion having to originate from a video game themselves.

So regardless of the likelihood of Reimu or any other Touhou rep, I think since that post from September it's pretty silly to hold out for characters like Goku or Hatsune Miku.
Damn. Well there still is Doomguy and perhaps a fighter from Mortal Kombat.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 am

Oshi wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:32 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:15 am

Damn. Well there still is Doomguy and perhaps a fighter from Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat is very unlikely. I think that a Dead or Alive Fighter would be way more realistic. I personally hope for Hitomi or Raidou

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:27 am

DrMekar wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 am
I think that a Dead or Alive Fighter would be way more realistic. I personally hope for Hitomi or Raidou
Are you sure about that? Wouldn't that increase the age rating from E10+ to 13+?

Also, I made this topic for video game rumors that are for other video games, not just SSB Ultimate! But okay! ^^"

DiamondDude
Bit
Bit
Flair: Bowser Main

Postby DiamondDude » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:42 am

What about the video game rumors long ago?

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:44 am

DiamondDude wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:42 am
What about the video game rumors long ago?
Sure, you can talk about rumors from long ago in this topic! :)

DiamondDude
Bit
Bit
Flair: Bowser Main

Postby DiamondDude » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:46 am

Well, in that case, I mainly want to talk about the two rumors that actually fooled me.
The Laser suit in SMW, spent 5 minutes in the Secret Area getting that exit.
And SSBB's Random character slot being Geno. Was convinced, never got anything about how to get him.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:48 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:27 am
DrMekar wrote:
I think that a Dead or Alive Fighter would be way more realistic. I personally hope for Hitomi or Raidou
Are you sure about that? Wouldn't that increase the age rating from E10+ to 13+?

Also, I made this topic for video game rumors that are for other video games, not just SSB Ultimate! But okay! ^^"
Fair Point, though i personally don't find Dead or Alive much more Street Fighter :D

Of course. Just wanted to join the current Subject :)

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:29 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:27 am
DrMekar wrote:
Wouldn't that increase the age rating from E10+ to 13+?
Pretty sure that Super Smash Bros has characters from 18+ games. That hasn't made Smash Bros itself 18+.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 pm

I recently heard this rumor on Twitter, that Microsoft wanted to buy SEGA as 1st party game devs. If that's 100% true, then that'll spell end for the SEGA AGES on switch

Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Ecruteak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm

There's a few rumours I heard back in the day, some of which I fell for.

- Even though I was skeptical, I still tried those various methods for unlocking Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS.
- Some kid in my primary school told me NSMB DS had a honey-themed world, but nothing about how to unlock it. I didn't believe him, though, since I'd never heard anything about it before.
- A different kid told me you could unlock ROB in Mario Kart Wii by doing some crazy shit like beating every 150cc or Mirror cup with three stars and without touching an item box.
- One "rumour" even originated from a dream I had as a kid where I beat the boss of NSMB DS's World 6 as Mini Mario and unlocked a new world (like in Worlds 2 and 5). I tried it out, but of course nothing happened.
- I also fell for the SMW Laser Suit power-up video mentioned earlier. A classic hoax.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri May 29, 2020 6:03 am

BUMP!

I heard rumors from yesterday on Twitter that SEGA is planning on returning to the gaming console industry on the next console generation. If it's real, I'm so gonna pay big $$$ for this new SEGA console! :D

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Sat May 30, 2020 9:21 pm

If it's true, I will try to keep an eye on what's going on with Sega. Honestly, I don't think it could overtake Nintendo or PlayStation, but I do think it could overtake Xbox.

Starshi
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.

Postby Starshi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 am

There was this rumor that yoshi was obtainable in Pokémon red and blue, which I believed for some reason. Another classic rumor was Luigi in SM64 and Waluigi in SM64DS.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:10 am

YoshiSuperstar wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 am
Another classic rumor was Luigi in SM64 and Waluigi in SM64DS.
Obviously, I heard that rumor in the past about a million times. :|

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 am

YoshiSuperstar wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:40 am
Waluigi in SM64DS.
Oh, Yeah. I actually tried to unlock him for quite a while, only because of this stupid rumors and this
irritating fourth Door, which was orginally even meant for Waluigi, before they scrapped him because of
timing issuses or whatever.

GibiSamtin
Goomba
Goomba

Postby GibiSamtin » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 am

Hello, thank you for sharing your game-developing rumors with us here. I find that these ports today are not really needed since we all got a personal computer in our homes. In my opinion, they just need to add more raid content to the old school games or try to make more PVP at deathmatch-oriented servers. Also, developers make some promotions and contests between their players to make the community happy. The prize can be money or other games, such as the different rust items/skins or other prizes that you can afford. Have a great day!
Last edited by GibiSamtin on Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Video Games”