Super Mario Origins Duology(38A)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Re: The Super Mario Origins Duology for 1.4.5 [Formerly SMB: Remastered]

Postby ItsIggy » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:03 am

Did you know that the SMBDX version of The Lost Levels recycles the world maps for SMB1? I thought for this remake I need to do better, so instead I will be making my own unique world maps for The Lost Levels. So here is a teaser of what that map will look like for WORLD 1 of The Lost Levels.

In other news I have been overhauling and optimizing how some of the scripts and systems work to make levels easier to create and work with. As soon as these new systems are done I should be able to make levels faster than I ever had on this project before! Expect the GIFs and images in this topic to get an overhaul soon to show off things more up to date with the current status of the project, as well as include stuff from TLL. Also I'm back to work on the battle levels and I am hoping to put them up for download soon!

For those interested in the level I teased a while back you can now download it at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=25565 I even made a YouTube video of it! It used many of the same scripts and other systems I'll be using for the Origins Duology. It's almost sort of like Demo 1.5. The SMB2(USA) HUD used in that level will also be available as a separate download soon!

ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Re: Super Mario Origins Duology(38A)

Postby ItsIggy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Now since I haven't posted here in a while you may think the project may be dead, but that couldn't be any further from the truth. Within the past month the following has happened:

-Finished the HUD for this project to be fully multiplayer compatible! This makes SMBX 38A history to be the first ever episode to have a fully multiplayer compatible HUD!

-Work has finally started on the unlocks & totals room in Peach's castle.

-SMB1 player sprites which this project uses have been updated with offset fixes and is available for download here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24978

-Returned to work on the You vs. Boo battle levels, which in addition to utilizing the new compatible HUD it will also use SetaYoshi/Yoshi021's upcoming multiplayer compatible parallax layers script! (No screenshots or GIFs yet.)

ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Postby ItsIggy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:12 am

Just thought I would pop in to say that THIS PROJECT IS NOT CANCELLED. I've just reached that phase of development where I have finished all the fun stuff and have to do all the really boring and tedious stuff. Here's what's left to do:
- Finish the race/battle levels
- Various Link gfx fixes
- End castle Toad animation gfx
- Once all scripts are finished apply them to all of the "stripped" levels and adjusts variables/scripts accordingly to the level
- Make the beginning and end story cutscenes
- Beta testing and bug fixing

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:22 am

Seen this project pop out from nowhere, and I gotta say it looks pretty decent so far, especially with all of the SMB1 styled graphics for the new content going hand-in-hand well with the base graphics of original SMB1.

ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Postby ItsIggy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:55 pm

I often try to refrain from posting about my personal life on here, but in this case I will make an exception. You are probably reading this seeing I haven't posted on here in a while thinking "Is the Origins Duology cancelled?" I can assure you that it isn't. You see for years I struggled with an addiction to my medication, and I was not aware I was addicted to it until just a few weeks ago. My medication made me disassociate, it made me negligent, it made me moody, it made me depressed, it made me focus on all the wrong things, and it most certainly impacted how much I worked on this project. It was eye opening to learn this about myself, I knew something was wrong with me. All this happened because I thought I needed a higher dose, that's what my doctor thought as well. This isn't the direct fault of any individual. I can say that my darkest days of addiction have passed. I am currently going to a therapist, I am already doing better and I know that brighter days are ahead of me. I don't know when I will return to work on this, but I know for certain that I have made far too much progress on this just to quit. I'm not giving up, I refuse. I will return to this one day probably in some number of months from now.

In conclusion: For my own mental health I am taking a hiatus. I'll be back, I'm sure of it. The Super Mario Origins Duology will still be released one day, and when it does it will be awesome!

ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Postby ItsIggy » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:08 am

Hey y'all as of today I'm returning to work on SMOD! I should also give a heads up that the main topic will be getting overhauled very very soon, as some of the information is out of date and the GIFS/Images do a very poor job of reflecting the current status of the project. Some of them are even years out of date.

ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Postby ItsIggy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:59 am

Super Mario Origins Duology is now back in active development! Currently I am focusing on giving the Toad sprites a complete facelift, here is a tease of the new and improved sprites! Top row is old, bottom row is new.

ItsIggy
Bit
Bit

Postby ItsIggy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:19 am

Once the 1.4 update for my SMB1 sprites(teased above) releases I fully intend on overhauling the opening post as much of the information is years out of date, watch this space!

Ibaka
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Nothing
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ibaka » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:54 am

Now this is cool

Return to “Projects”