Level Contest 7 - Topic 2 - THE WINNER

Official community level contests.
HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Level Contest 7 - Topic 2 - THE WINNER

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 17, 2014 10:59 am

Getlucky12341 wrote:People think it should be out quickly because all the levels are made already.
Have you not seen a Tower of Biased episode and/or played one? It takes quite a long time to make the hub, link all the levels together, and possibly the graphics, including a possible handmade final boss.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat May 17, 2014 12:49 pm

If people would only think about this.

If you rush something it looks horrible. Give them the time making the hub slowly and good looking.

The Dark Knight

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat May 17, 2014 4:16 pm

58 . The Dark Knight - Frozen Hills (5.698/10) fuk
castlewars: 4.47/10
The designer's ideas are just plain weird - what is it with them using Valtteri's cover of Let It Go as the level music as a way of trying to mock him? Yes This is quite clearly a joke level what?! due to the comparably short length, music used, and other hints which I'll keep mentioning in this review, yet still playing like a regular level. JOKE LEVELS WOULD HAVE SPAM AND MAMMOTHS The level uses the SMB1 style, which appears to have been used quite well considering the fact it's underused nowadays your point?, and the gameplay appears to capture the feel of the SMB1 levels, in particular those in world 5, and the snow eyecandy was a nice backdrop for this level even if the level was really well decorated. However, there are more clear hints this level isn't serious as a lot of the NPCs were placed without proper testing. what the fuck Kicking a Koopa shell towards a row of blocks can cause them to ricochet back in the player's direction it's called not being a dumbass if the shell hits them, and mistiming the green Koopa Troopa's movement above a pipe can result in unfair damage. castlewars worst smbx player
Chad: 6.75/10
This level is pretty standard length and design, but the graphics are really nice to look at. The falling snow fits really well with the dark sky, and the level's decorated really well and decently constructed. The sizable placements in particular give it some extra depth. Not sure about the music choice, though. It's very serene and fitting, but hearing an actual voice is somewhat distracting. stfu lord valtei best voice ever i fap to it I get that this is "Frozen" hills, but lyrics don't mesh with Mario for me. lol I'm not really taking off any points for that, but it's worth noting. ok Still, fairly good and ambient level overall.
Firespike33: 5.5/10
Decent. The graphics were all right and the design was solid, but as a pretty typical level with just a couple of secrets, none of it stood out. WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC!?!?!??!
Quill: 6/10
Overall a decent SMB1 level that was fun to play. It's just your normal Mario level, but that's still pretty neat! Many of the enemies in the level fell into the pit before they could even attempt to fight Mario. LIES BITCH The best part about the level is the music though. I mean, holy shit, how did you find something so glorious?! you are best judge You know, that explains the enemy issue. They found the music so awesome that they killed themselves as they didn't consider themselves worthy enough to listen to such a heavenly song. smbx conspiracy
Valtteri: 5.5/10
Oh no you didn't... What a great music choice! glad you like it lord valteori Not much else to say about this level, really. It's casual and has a snowy theme. I like it for what it is, but again, it's nothing special. The slopes are used pretty randomly. thats like saying a hill is random and slopy its just natural shit dude cmon lord valteori you are smarter than this a level would be unrelaistic if it waS just flat ground

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat May 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Are you really saying stfu too chad? Wow this is just omg.

Kyo
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Kyo » Sat May 17, 2014 4:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
58 . The Dark Knight - Frozen Hills (5.698/10) fuk
castlewars: 4.47/10
The designer's ideas are just plain weird - what is it with them using Valtteri's cover of Let It Go as the level music as a way of trying to mock him? Yes This is quite clearly a joke level what?! due to the comparably short length, music used, and other hints which I'll keep mentioning in this review, yet still playing like a regular level. JOKE LEVELS WOULD HAVE SPAM AND MAMMOTHS The level uses the SMB1 style, which appears to have been used quite well considering the fact it's underused nowadays your point?, and the gameplay appears to capture the feel of the SMB1 levels, in particular those in world 5, and the snow eyecandy was a nice backdrop for this level even if the level was really well decorated. However, there are more clear hints this level isn't serious as a lot of the NPCs were placed without proper testing. what the fuck Kicking a Koopa shell towards a row of blocks can cause them to ricochet back in the player's direction it's called not being a dumbass if the shell hits them, and mistiming the green Koopa Troopa's movement above a pipe can result in unfair damage. castlewars worst smbx player
Chad: 6.75/10
This level is pretty standard length and design, but the graphics are really nice to look at. The falling snow fits really well with the dark sky, and the level's decorated really well and decently constructed. The sizable placements in particular give it some extra depth. Not sure about the music choice, though. It's very serene and fitting, but hearing an actual voice is somewhat distracting. stfu lord valtei best voice ever i fap to it I get that this is "Frozen" hills, but lyrics don't mesh with Mario for me. lol I'm not really taking off any points for that, but it's worth noting. ok Still, fairly good and ambient level overall.
Firespike33: 5.5/10
Decent. The graphics were all right and the design was solid, but as a pretty typical level with just a couple of secrets, none of it stood out. WHAT ABOUT THE MUSIC!?!?!??!
Quill: 6/10
Overall a decent SMB1 level that was fun to play. It's just your normal Mario level, but that's still pretty neat! Many of the enemies in the level fell into the pit before they could even attempt to fight Mario. LIES BITCH The best part about the level is the music though. I mean, holy shit, how did you find something so glorious?! you are best judge You know, that explains the enemy issue. They found the music so awesome that they killed themselves as they didn't consider themselves worthy enough to listen to such a heavenly song. smbx conspiracy
Valtteri: 5.5/10
Oh no you didn't... What a great music choice! glad you like it lord valteori Not much else to say about this level, really. It's casual and has a snowy theme. I like it for what it is, but again, it's nothing special. The slopes are used pretty randomly. thats like saying a hill is random and slopy its just natural shit dude cmon lord valteori you are smarter than this a level would be unrelaistic if it waS just flat ground
Your complaints and justification are impressive. I'm stunned.
Last edited by Kyo on Sat May 17, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sat May 17, 2014 4:36 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Valtteri: 5,000,000/10
yes you're entirely right i will change my rating right away congratulations you have won the contest with the score average of 1,000,004.544/10

The Dark Knight

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat May 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Valtteri wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Valtteri: 5,000,000/10
yes you're entirely right i will change my rating right away congratulations you have won the contest with the score average of 1,000,004.544

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Sat May 17, 2014 4:40 pm

oh man that's right the music how could i have made such a fundamentally grave error in judgment
see my score was a typo i actually gave the level a 675/1.0 because of the music and music only and the decimal was in the wrong place this whole time SPOILERS

as the winner of the contest you receive a live performance of Let It Go by Valtteri in your front yard at 3 in the morning, estimated shipping time is 4 to 6 weeks congratulations

The Dark Knight

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat May 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Chad wrote:oh man that's right the music how could i have made such a fundamentally grave error in judgment
see my score was a typo i actually gave the level a 675/1.0 because of the music and music only and the decimal was in the wrong place this whole time SPOILERS

as the winner of the contest you receive a live performance of Let It Go by Valtteri in your front yard at 3 in the morning, estimated shipping time is 4 to 6 weeks congratulations

Mabel
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Mabel » Sun May 18, 2014 12:45 am

I demand every judge rate my music 10/10 tyvm xdddddd

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun May 18, 2014 1:00 am

Mabel wrote:I demand every judge rate my music 10/10 tyvm xdddddd
The Dark Knight wrote:
I don't know. I'm not really a judge so I can't do much but approve.

ragont
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby ragont » Sun May 18, 2014 3:25 am

Chad wrote:as the winner of the contest you receive a live performance of Let It Go by Valtteri in your front yard at 3 in the morning, estimated shipping time is 4 to 6 weeks congratulations
i wonder how many cargo freighters it takes to ship parts that heavy.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sun May 18, 2014 8:54 am

The Dark Knight wrote:This is quite clearly a joke level what?! due to the comparably short length, music used, and other hints which I'll keep mentioning in this review, yet still playing like a regular level. JOKE LEVELS WOULD HAVE SPAM AND MAMMOTHS
No. Not necessarily. I know you're banned, but you can't just say that if a level contains mammoths, then it's deemed a joke. Go play other joke levels such as Block Bollocks and you'll see. I thought that it was a joke because of the music, and it's not just any old music - it's a cover by Valtteri. This means that you must have tried to mock him because of the fact that it is Valtteri's cover and the quality of the MP3 you used.
The Dark Knight wrote: Kicking a Koopa shell towards a row of blocks can cause them to ricochet back in the player's direction it's called not being a dumbass if the shell hits them, and mistiming the green Koopa Troopa's movement above a pipe can result in unfair damage. castlewars worst smbx player
I am not the worst SMBX player, and I am not a dumbass. It's actually true. Have you even tested your level? I kicked it at a row of blocks and the slope below it meant that the shells rebounded and would be hard to dodge due to the slopes around there and the other NPCs.

Getlucky12341
Rex
Rex

Postby Getlucky12341 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:12 am

castlewars wrote:
Getlucky12341 wrote:People think it should be out quickly because all the levels are made already.
Have you not seen a Tower of Biased episode and/or played one? It takes quite a long time to make the hub, link all the levels together, and possibly the graphics, including a possible handmade final boss.
I know it takes a long time, I was just saying that that's what people think.
Also, where is ToB5?

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Sun May 18, 2014 9:36 am

any good smbx player can avoid a fucking shell lol

Getlucky12341
Rex
Rex

Postby Getlucky12341 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:45 am

Blueoak wrote:any good smbx player can avoid a fucking shell lol

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Wind » Sun May 18, 2014 10:11 am

he must be blind :mrgreen:

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sun May 18, 2014 10:40 am

True i say. This is also directed at Castlewars.
Last edited by Mable on Sun May 18, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mabel
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Mabel » Sun May 18, 2014 10:41 am

Getlucky12341 wrote:

Git Gud.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg