SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Wiimeiser
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Cedur wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:12 am
Wiimeiser wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:51 am
Enjl wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:38 am
Why are you using the version that has been deprecated by the PAL version?
Just couldn't be bothered to switch at the time, a lot of it due to the fact my antivirus is really overzealous with any executable that's not either part of Windows or downloaded from a digital distribution service...

can't you just simply ignore it? what is your antivirus?

(you're gonna be switching soon for Beta 4 anyway)
I use Trend Micro. And yeah, Beta 4 proper is coming out too soon for me t bother switching to PAL now...

Amyrakunejo
Spike
Spike
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer
Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Postby Amyrakunejo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Wiimeiser wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:51 am
...my antivirus is really overzealous with any executable that's not either part of Windows or downloaded from a digital distribution service...
Your AV needs to be trained.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:57 pm

Also, are flurries going to be given actual picked-up animations like the other SMB2 enemies in the future? It's not like they don't work with framestyle=2, they just don't have it for whatever reason.

Edit: Also I found an error with background-6. It has a pixel leftover from the background of World 1-2, probably an error in the original rip.

Husklyman
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby Husklyman » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:19 pm

I downloaded the game but it does not open (windows 10)

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:50 pm

Husklyman wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:19 pm
I downloaded the game but it does not open (windows 10)

How did you try to open it, did you get the antivirus message?

besides, this version is going to be deprecated in about a month anyway

princejarethh
Goomba
Goomba

Postby princejarethh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:31 pm

I like the editor, but how do I use KEYS with locked doors in SMBX2?

Amyrakunejo
Spike
Spike

Postby Amyrakunejo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:49 pm

princejarethh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Carry the key (either by holding it or placing it in inventory-depends on character) and go to the door. Press up.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:01 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:49 pm
princejarethh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:31 pm
Carry the key (either by holding it or placing it in inventory-depends on character) and go to the door. Press up.
You can't hold keys in the editor, only when playing the game.
To establish a scenario where carrying a key in the game is required to enter a door, use this checkbox.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Those of you who are in codehaus may have heard of these upcoming changes already, but for those who haven't, I have made a little guide:
http://codehaus.wohlsoft.ru/blog/2020/0 ... in-beta-4/
This post only concerns those of you that have made or used NPC packs with extra settings, but better prepared than,,, badly prepared meals? Works for me, certainly. I'll update my own packs to this new standard shortly as to provide an example, so look out for that if you aren't sure what exactly needs to be done.
Beta 4 is coming along nicely, by the way. The patch notes are massive and I'm very excited to be able to share them with you all.

Amyrakunejo
Spike
Spike

Postby Amyrakunejo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 pm

I don't think I ever asked before, but are Ruby/RGSS and Lua code logic compatible?

Hoeloe
Foo
Foo
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Not really, no. You could probably write something to convert between the two but it would be complicated and likely wouldn't be possible for anything too complicated.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Glad to see those Arrow Lifts are getting their missing functions from SMB3. Really excited for Beta 4!

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:56 am

SMBX2 Blog wrote:On top of that, there are a few new blocks, and a lot more stuff is accessible in the editor now. You can now make dark sections, level timers, visual effects, weather, all without a single line of Lua!

woooooow thanks <3

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Who else things we need a cappy powerup in the next build? Im down for it! Also i want placeable SMB2 whales!!!! I love whales!!! We've got dolphins, so why not whales. I also want some purple and green variants of shy guys that work more like galoombas when thrown (i.e staying on the ground for a short time after thrown, until getting back up), heavy fire bros from maker 2, cat banzai bills, chain chomps, big shy guys, big ninjis, big pow blocks, Koopa troopa cars, grinder ukkikis, big buzzies, chomp sharks, normal pipe cannons, squigglers, ant troopers, blue spike tops, penguin suits, para-spike-tops, the angry sun, moon, snow spikes, snow pokeys smw pokeys, smb1 sledge bros, smb1 bowser jr, smb3 bowser jr, smw bowser jr, meowser, smw bowser, mario kart blue shell, spin drills, skipsqueaks, star thwomps(Mario kart snes), cape feathers,electrokoopas,burts,clawdaddies,fly guys,fishin' lakitus,fishin' boos ,Bopping Toadies(sml2), nep-e-nuts,piscatory petes,stilt guys,goonie birds,spray fishes,taptaps,Bēros (SML2), Cat bells,Grubbies, sharks, Noko Bombettes, boost panels, snufits (floating fireball-shooting snifits), moneybags, Toriuo, and strollin stus. It'd make making levels much easier, with more stuff.

Amyrakunejo
Spike
Spike

Postby Amyrakunejo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am

Aren't Nep-Enut and Gargantua Blargg just background elements with collision polys attached? (I mean in Yoshi's Island)

There are quite a few of those suggestions that could be done with custom sprites, and some that wouldn't make sense in a 2D platform game...engine...

I do agree with the SMB3 sun though (I think this is being worked on).

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am
Aren't Nep-Enut and Gargantua Blargg just background elements with collision polys attached? (I mean in Yoshi's Island)

There are quite a few of those suggestions that could be done with custom sprites, and some that wouldn't make sense in a 2D platform game...engine...

I know that visually they're done as squashed triangle meshes. I suspect the collision to kinda be a subset of that.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:08 pm
Who else things we need a cappy powerup in the next build? Im down for it! Also i want placeable SMB2 whales!!!! I love whales!!! We've got dolphins, so why not whales. I also want some purple and green variants of shy guys that work more like galoombas when thrown (i.e staying on the ground for a short time after thrown, until getting back up), heavy fire bros from maker 2, cat banzai bills, chain chomps, big shy guys, big ninjis, big pow blocks, Koopa troopa cars, grinder ukkikis, big buzzies, chomp sharks, normal pipe cannons, squigglers, ant troopers, blue spike tops, penguin suits, para-spike-tops, the angry sun, moon, snow spikes, snow pokeys smw pokeys, smb1 sledge bros, smb1 bowser jr, smb3 bowser jr, smw bowser jr, meowser, smw bowser, mario kart blue shell, spin drills, skipsqueaks, star thwomps(Mario kart snes), cape feathers,electrokoopas,burts,clawdaddies,fly guys,fishin' lakitus,fishin' boos ,Bopping Toadies(sml2), nep-e-nuts,piscatory petes,stilt guys,goonie birds,spray fishes,taptaps,Bēros (SML2), Cat bells,Grubbies, sharks, Noko Bombettes, boost panels, snufits (floating fireball-shooting snifits), moneybags, Toriuo, and strollin stus. It'd make making levels much easier, with more stuff.

I guess there are custom graphics for like half of the stuff you listed.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:22 pm

There is custom stuff for that, but i mean like official npcs. ones that are coded to behave as they do in their games. I want to have skipsqueaks that jump when i jump. i want whales that can be placed and resized to my liking. and I want fishing lakitus that dont have to be made using events!!!!

Added in 2 minutes 10 seconds:
Amyrakunejo wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am

But what about the mario maker moon? It would most likely work like it does in mario maker 2, right? If the stage is set to be underwater, it should also make it dark.

Added in 1 minute 44 seconds:
I really want the cape feather. It'd make SMW levels feel great!!! Youd be able to fly around, and then dive down and cause a pow-block-like effect.

Added in 3 minutes 4 seconds:
Cedur wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 am
TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:08 pm

I guess there are custom graphics for like half of the stuff you listed.

Not cappy, though!!!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:47 pm

We're not a npc programming machine. Learn lua and make yourself happy by creating what you wish for.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Some of those requests seem rather strange. Why do we need three versions of Bowser Jr., who I'm assuming would behave the same in all of his different variants anyways? And aren't Star Thwomps pretty much just invincible Thwomps? You could just modify a normal SMBX2 Thwomp for those. Valtteri made an Angry Sun way back then, but I'm pretty sure it no longer works, and even if it did it's not it's own NPC. Maybe someone could update that and include the Moon as well since it has the same AI? Also, some of those NPCs are already made, try checking the LunaLua forums.

Also minor nitpick from 1.3 that's still there in the PAL build: Hammer Luigi is using the wrong frame for his falling animation. No reason why this can't be fixed considering it just involves editing his graphics file.

Return to “Events and Announcements”