SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:59 am

I'm not a barrier through which all creative decisions of the engine have to pass, mind you.
I will point to this here LunaLua forum though where everyone is free to post their own creations. I will also point to the scripts/npcs folder, where all lua code for the NPCs we have made sits, including the fire, hammer, sledge and boomerange bros. What anyone does with those files is up to them.

Freezing the player is pretty garbage though.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:17 am

SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:45 am
Are you going to add ice bros to smbx
Ice Bros won't be added to a offical Release most likely. To quote Enjl here "Freezing the player is pretty garbage"

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:22 am

DrMekar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:17 am
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Ice Bros won't be added to a offical Release most likely. To quote Enjl here "Freezing the player is pretty garbage"
I like how you quoted that part but neglected the part where I said that I'm not a barrier to creative decisions.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:05 am

Enjl wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:22 am
DrMekar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:17 am
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
I like how you quoted that part but neglected the part where I said that I'm not a barrier to creative decisions.
I was answering the Question in terms of the Beta 4 Release and from that Context I understood that you dislike
them. The creative decisions part though sounded like something related to NPC Packs. Sorry if I understood
that wrong.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:08 am

I got one good suggestion for the Beta 4 release: MOAR VGM built-in the game! That's all! ^_^"

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:11 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:08 am
I got one good suggestion for the Beta 4 release: MOAR VGM built-in the game! That's all! ^_^"
I love bloating the packet's filesize with stuff easily done using custom music, too.

SuperSmashbroFanX
Banned

Postby SuperSmashbroFanX » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 am

Aren’t ice bros supposed to be annoying like all the hammer bros? If you think ice bros are garbage than I guess u hate hammer bros too :(

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:09 am

SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 am
Aren’t ice bros supposed to be annoying like all the hammer bros? If you think ice bros are garbage than I guess u hate hammer bros too :(
Hammer Bros at least don't prevent the player from actually playing the game. Sledge Bros do, with their stunning move, and I have never used any of those in my levels because of it.

GOD_SAMA
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: just a roaming hylian

Postby GOD_SAMA » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:05 pm

ice bros get no love man :( even tho the freezing effect could be shortened to prevent excess rage etc like theyd freeze you for half a second or something not to mention ya cant have fire bros and dont have ice bros heck what about thunder bros that stun the player lol
maybe in time somebody will create it if its not gonna be a thing future smbx updates

Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
or like you gotta shake mario to break out of the ice or something i could see it being a good mechanic

Added in 15 minutes :
oh and also could ya replace the samus player character with the one from super metroid and have her have all her abilities and such the default one that comes with smbx looks kinda meh .......tho i know this is waay too much to ask but i hope it happens eventually that and wario ( could use the one from the gba game that metroid fusion is essential a port from lol)

Added in 7 minutes 38 seconds:
that could all be done for beta 5 or 6 or something im just suggesting stuff dont wanna be that guy that gives devs a workload if they actually do what you suggest
i know what thats like ....like your bro putting another plate while you already washing a ton ......its terrible af

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:09 am
SuperSmashbroFanX wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 am
Hammer Bros at least don't prevent the player from actually playing the game. Sledge Bros do, with their stunning move, and I have never used any of those in my levels because of it.
Sledge bros add a difficulty to the game by making it harder for Mario to walk or run on ground. I never found them to be hard to get around and I think they are rather easy to kill but I still like them. It's nice to have that variety so everyone is happy.

I want ice bros because of the color they are but I don't care about the freezing part as much anymore. Then again there is already sprites that work for this.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:26 pm

GOD_SAMA wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:30 pm
ice bros get no love man :( even tho the freezing effect could be shortened to prevent excess rage etc like theyd freeze you for half a second or something not to mention ya cant have fire bros and dont have ice bros heck what about thunder bros that stun the player lol
maybe in time somebody will create it if its not gonna be a thing future smbx updates

or like you gotta shake mario to break out of the ice or something i could see it being a good mechanic

Added in 15 minutes :
oh and also could ya replace the samus player character with the one from super metroid and have her have all her abilities and such the default one that comes with smbx looks kinda meh .......tho i know this is waay too much to ask but i hope it happens eventually that and wario ( could use the one from the gba game that metroid fusion is essential a port from lol)

that could all be done for beta 5 or 6 or something im just suggesting stuff dont wanna be that guy that gives devs a workload if they actually do what you suggest
i know what thats like ....like your bro putting another plate while you already washing a ton ......its terrible af
Thunder Bros. aren't an official thing, and I'm pretty sure that particular Samus sprite was chosen because Super's is too big. And while I would like Samus to get an expanded moveset (which Beta 5 will probably do, as I've heard before), she shouldn't get the overpowered Wall Jump from Super Metroid for obvious reasons.

GOD_SAMA
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: just a roaming hylian

Postby GOD_SAMA » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:26 pm
GOD_SAMA wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Added in 15 minutes :

Thunder Bros. aren't an official thing, and I'm pretty sure that particular Samus sprite was chosen because Super's is too big. And while I would like Samus to get an expanded moveset (which Beta 5 will probably do, as I've heard before), she shouldn't get the overpowered Wall Jump from Super Metroid for obvious reasons.
well walljumps a thing mario has but i see your point and also i thought this was a fan project so fanmade powerups would be a thing
well i think i would hope its a thing

are fan made powerups a thing? or just anything fan made for smbx

Added in 6 minutes 5 seconds:
oh yea i forgot the super mario rpgs well specifically the gba one has luigi get a thunder glove so i can see how a thunder flower or something that allows mario etc to shoot lightning and stun enemies, power objects (a mechanic idea like mario needs lightning to power a door opening etc) as amatter of fact why not have utility uses for power ups like fire flower sets things on fire for reasons , ice flower already freezes could use the frozen object to press ground buttons like in zelda where link does it with statues , and the like for other and possibly new powerups that add more uses

could have puzzles that require a certain powerup to solve

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Im going to love SMBX2 Beta 4 for sure!

Hammerless Penguin
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Just kicking that kirby to the curb!

Postby Hammerless Penguin » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:12 pm

I’ve heard that beta 4 is coming out sometime in January (this month) but the month is already almost over and not a single trace or clue when it’s going to be released. Has it been delayed again....

JustOneMGuy
Spiny
Spiny

Postby JustOneMGuy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:36 pm

It kind of looks like it.

Then again, I believe it's going to be released at the end of this month. If not, somewhere between the next 2-4 months.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:42 pm

JustOneMGuy wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:36 pm
somewhere between the next 2-4 months.
I don't think that a "End of January" Release would turn into a May Release :sweat_smile:

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm kicking everyone who acts like january has ended before january has ended in the butt

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Besides, this has been talked on the smbx main server.

It could be just a few days late, but who minds a few days.

Amyrakunejo
Spike
Spike
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer
Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Postby Amyrakunejo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:01 pm

The only thing I'd not want is XInput exclusivity since I have no readily compatible XInput gamepads (my wired PowerA PS3 USB gamepad does not work at all with any XInput device plugged in and my Logitech Dual Action is wonky at best with it).

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:06 pm

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:01 pm
The only thing I'd not want is XInput exclusivity since I have no readily compatible XInput gamepads (my wired PowerA PS3 USB gamepad does not work at all with any XInput device plugged in and my Logitech Dual Action is wonky at best with it).
So, you're saying you tried to play with a wired controller? Don't waste your time, I had problems with that b4. And I was also reminded that SMBX2 isn't controller friendly

Return to “Events and Announcements”