What Is And What Should Never Be

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Last Global Announcement on this Forum?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:56 pm
Sancles-Chan wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:52 pm
Then PixelPest, Kley and I would bid our farewells and resign from our position as "heads" of the community.
Can we have this part though, this is good. (Kley can stay)
Let's appoint Waddle the position of SMBX God for he has done all the moderator work in recent history anyway, and wave the rest goodbye. (Kley can stay)
Are you sure? We really don't want a disastrous repeat of last time back in 2014*....

*Y'all know, the HSMBXC attack, I read about that from the wiki

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!

Postby Waddle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:22 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:07 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sancles-Chan wrote:

Let's appoint Waddle the position of SMBX God for he has done all the moderator work in recent history anyway, and wave the rest goodbye. (Kley can stay)
Are you sure? We really don't want a disastrous repeat of last time back in 2014*....

What's that supposed to mean? I wasn't involved in that and this situation is hardly comparable

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything
Pronouns: he/him

Postby TheNightingale » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:48 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:32 pm
I wouldn't have any problem if the community moves to reddit, as long as it keeps having the air of the forums (which will take a lot to get used to because I haven't used reddit too much and I don't know that much how it works) and the community agrees with the decision
Though almost every member doesn't agree with it

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:07 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:07 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sancles-Chan wrote:

Yeah WADDLE don't be doing anything crazy now you hear

Reiuji Utsuho
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Time to make myself disappear

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:10 pm

While I may not frequent these forums a lot, I just want to add in my voice in saying that I also don't support moving the community to Reddit, and even less having to force anyone to go there just to participate in whatever active portion of the community does make the move.

These forums have been around for a long time, and there's still quite a lot of activity that seems to take place on it so I don't see the point of throwing it away in favor of a new place that less people are going to be willing to move over to and deal with. That's not mentioning the fact that due to Reddit's karma system, you could easily have people abusing it to mark down people needlessly, like what happened with the (long removed) reputation system that existed on this forum.

I simply see the move as pointless, and if the desire is to move the community to Reddit and then to resign, then why not promote new admins to take charge of the community if you no longer want to run it or are to busy to do so?

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:17 pm

I have one more thing to say after going through Knux's post. I realize now that I may not be the best to talk about activity simply because my saying could be biased. I mean, I do live in a rather unique timezone myself, so seeing a rather small amount of users online every day wouldn't technically mean that the activity on the forums isn't ideal. I can give that to Knux and leave it be. About the whole Nintendo, it is true nothing ever came out of SMM, and really SMBX isn't talked about enough for them to notice us now that I think about it. Literally, nobody talks about it on YouTube, the only content creators using the damn thing that I know of personally are bossedit8 and MECHDRAGON777, and at one point Wraith Admanknight. While still afraid, I can be at ease if only a little.

I'll save some of the stuff I have to say after Kley's channel is up and running on discord.

Return to “Events and Announcements”