SMBX Community Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament OFFICIAL THREAD (RESULTS!!)

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

SMBX Community Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament OFFICIAL THREAD (RESULTS!!)

Postby zioy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Hey everyone! The SMBX community Smash Ultimate tournament is at hand! Now that interest checks are over and we've confirmed how many people are interested, it is confirmed that this event is indeed happening. Discussion of the event will happen in this thread for general discussion and the SMBX Discord server's #events channel for details, discussing times with your opponent if the scheduled time doesn't work, etc. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, here are the rules:

Rules:
  • Double Elimination
  • Each set will be Best of 5/First to 3
  • 1v1, 3 Stock, 7:00
  • Items will be turned off, as well as Final Smash Meter, Spirits, and Stage Hazards
  • Sets will be hosted in online Battle Arenas. The players for each set will decide who makes the arena, making sure that the arena follows the rules in this list.
  • Stage: Loser's Pick, Legal Stages only (list and procedure down below)
Stages:

Starters
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks
  • Town and City
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Kalos Pokemon League
  • Unova Pokemon League
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Yoshi's Island
Stage-Picking Procedure:
  • For the first game of each set, the two players may either agree on a stage from the Starters list, or decide to strike. If striking is chosen, the players choose someone to go first by some form of RNG. Whoever wins will strike ONE stage from the starters list. The other player will then strike TWO stages from the starters list. Following this, the player who struck first will choose a last stage to strike, effectively choosing the remaining stage to be played.
  • For subsequent games, the winner of the prior match will ban TWO stages from the entire legal list, and the loser will choose from the remaining Starters AND counterpicks.
  • Because of the way Battle Arenas work, it is possible for one player to select a stage that has NOT been picked or may not even be legal in order to troll, or even by accident. If this happens once, restart the game, it is not valid. If this happens again from the same person, they will automatically lose the set.
Times and Dates:
  • Because the SMBX community spans many timezones, some sets may be hard to schedule. To try and circumvent this, each round will span a week. Anyone who has not completed their set within the week will be disqualified. Based on the information I have, almost everybody participating has at least one overlapping time per week, so this shouldn't happen. I will try my best to schedule matches for players with overlapping times (given on the interest form), but some people will just have to figure out when to have their set by figuring out a time with their opponent personally.
The Bracket:
The bracket has been seeded mostly randomly, taking into account everyone's self-proclaimed skill level from the interest check. The bracket may be found HERE if you're interested in following the tournament.

Post-Set Procedure:
After completing your set, please report the score to me. The score is simply how many games each player won and who won. This way I can keep the bracket accurate for later analysis.

FINAL RESULTS:
Spoiler: show
The final results for this tournament are:

1. Uzendayo (Daisy, Lucina, Simon, Pikachu, Inkling): 8-1 (MegaDood)
2. MegaDood (Mega Man, Ness): 4-2 (Uzendayo, Uzendayo)
3. zioy (Yoshi, Ike, Mr. Game and Watch): 3-2 (MegaDood, Uzendayo)
4. Faronien (Richter, Roy, Incineroar): 4-2 (Yoshi_Superstar NL, Uzendayo)

5. Waddle Derp (R.O.B., Ganondorf, Dark Samus): 2-2 (zioy, Faronien)
5. Yoshi_Superstar NL (Yoshi): 2-2 (MegaDood, Uzendayo)

7. Koopa-Fan (Mega Man, Cloud, Pokemon Trainer, Donkey Kong, Ike): 2-2 (sdace, Faronien)
7. Mega Masquerain (Yoshi): 2-2 (Waddle Derp, Uzendayo)

9. FlatKiwi (Piranha Plant, Samus): 1-2 (Faronien, Mega Masquerain)
9. sdace (Jigglypuff, King Dedede): 1-2 (zioy, Uzendayo)
9. Suecra (Inkling, Link): 1-2 (MegaDood, Koopa-Fan)
9. World Star 9 (Luigi): 1-2 (Waddle Derp, Faronien)

13. Murphmario (Mario, Samus): 0-2 (Suecra, Uzendayo)
13. Oshi (Jigglypuff, Ness, King Dedede, Dr. Mario): 0-2 (zioy, Koopa-Fan)
13. Shin FireyPaperMario (Ryu): 0-2 (Mega Masquerain, World Star 9)

MmmMario
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: Yeet

Re: SMBX Community Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament - Interest Check [ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME]

Postby MmmMario » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:38 am

Would show interest if I owned either a Switch or SSBU.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: SMBX Community Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament - Interest Check [ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME]

Postby Waddle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 am

Sounds like a fun time! I'm in

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am

Would enter this SMBX community tournament. But gotta check my schedule first.

[Edit]: I'm in. I'm gonna use my M30 Bluetooth Gamepad for this tourney. 8-)

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Postby Eri7 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 am

I would have if i had the online feature but oh well.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:22 am

Would if I had a switch.

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything

Postby TheNightingale » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:25 pm

Mosaic wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:22 am
Would if I had a switch.
Same

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:25 pm
Mosaic wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:22 am
Would if I had a switch.
Same
In my case it's the lack of SSBU. I have a Switch and Nintendo Switch Online Membership, but not a copy of the game.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Sounds great! It would be a good way to make friends and have fun, and get experience from playing better players and teaching others alike! I really want to do this, it'll depend on the times it's held though.

Starshi
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.

Postby Starshi » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 am

I have everything, so I would like to join this! It does depend on when and if I have time the day it starts.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 am

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 am
I have everything, so I would like to join this! It does depend on when and if I have time the day it starts.
Fill out the form! That way we can figure out what times to make it so as many people as possible can participate!

Starshi
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Hi. I like to make stuff.

Postby Starshi » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:52 am

zioy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 am
Fill out the form! That way we can figure out what times to make it so as many people as possible can participate!
My b, I didn't read properly, I have filled it out now

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:59 am

Yoshi_Superstar NL wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:52 am
zioy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:05 am
My b, I didn't read properly, I have filled it out now
Thanks!

I’m gonna be leaving this open until the end of tomorrow, then we’ll decide how we’re going to be running this. It definitely looks like we have enough interest as of now to run it, and most people have at least one or two overlapping times available per week. I’ll keep y’all posted!

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==

Postby Oshi » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm

I would love to try this, but unfortunately my living conditions don't really support this very well--I switch between houses because of the fact that my parents are separated, also meaning that I have two different Switches and two different Nintendo accounts. Theoretically, I could use both accounts to participate, but it might lead to some confusion.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Postby Eri7 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:31 am

Oshi wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm
I would love to try this, but unfortunately my living conditions don't really support this very well--I switch between houses because of the fact that my parents are separated, also meaning that I have two different Switches and two different Nintendo accounts. Theoretically, I could use both accounts to participate, but it might lead to some confusion.
Huh why do you have 2 switches? Can't you just bring one of the switches to the other house?

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Oshi wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm
As long as you have Switch Online on both, participating on two different accounts won’t matter.

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==

Postby Oshi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Alright then, I'll do this.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Stupid question: If the tournament IS gonna happen, then who's gonna broadcast it?!? :o

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:59 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:47 pm
Stupid question: If the tournament IS gonna happen, then who's gonna broadcast it?!? :o
Because of the way the timing is most likely gonna end up working, it’s possible that some of the sets will be streamed and some will not. Once the interest gauging phase is over more details such as broadcasting will be discussed.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:31 pm

Thread updated. More details will be given in the Discord server's #events channel.

Return to “Events and Announcements”