Bowser Run

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Re: Bowser Run

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 am

Doesn't that make the room scroll even when you're not in it?

SMBXxer
Panser
Panser

Postby SMBXxer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:58 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Doesn't that make the room scroll even when you're not in it?
No, for two reasons.
1. Autoscroll only works in section 1.
2. I never told him to set up an Autoscroll in the other sections.

Eden
Rex
Rex

Postby Eden » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:17 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Doesn't that make the room scroll even when you're not in it?
Well it could if the event was on "auto-start". And the problem is that when it's not on auto start, a warp to the zone 1 would get you to the very end of it, where the scroll should end. I conturned the problem by putting the npc, which is an invisible axe, whose death causes the scroll to begin in the exact same place as the instant warp that transports you at the beginning of the Zone 1. This way the scrolling doesn't have time to get ahead of you but and you still can play from the beginning.

Maybe there is a simpler way to do it but this one works

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:47 am

You can also make something like "Teleporting a Level to another Level". Which means, at the end of the first level you put a warp that leads to another level but the problem is that the checkpoint isn't really working on the first level.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Magician » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:06 am

It's an excellent idea and it's executed pretty well.

Theoretically you could also put the player in a few situations that allow Bowser to get closer, and require you to use some sort of stunning weapon (like veggies or shells or grabbable NPCs) in order to prevent his fire breath in those situations. Perhaps one of those situations would reward the player for conserving the item and waiting for an opportune moment to do so in order to stay alive. Of course, they'd only be considered "stunning" weapons if there weren't enough of them to destroy the boss entirely, but there could be something like hidden items (edit: how they'd be hidden, I'm not sure. Maybe just hard to get?) that effectively allow you to defeat Bowser early and get an alternative level exit.
Last edited by Magician on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:07 am

Is it okay if I replace Bowser with Kamek and use this in an episode? Thanks in advance!

Eden
Rex
Rex

Postby Eden » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:53 am

Magician : Yeah that's a good Idea ! I feel like this level is complete so I wouldn't complexify it with this idea, but if re-use this concept i will totally try to add this stunning object thing. It would make the player less passive.

FanofSMBX : Yes you can ! Maybe just credit me somewhere, but if you forget it's no big deal

DerpMcSkerp20

Postby DerpMcSkerp20 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:08 am

looks really cool for a first post! i know the level im making isnt going to be the best, but its going to be dang good!
and this one looks dang good! its original, and having the theme of bowser chasing you, is unique and original,
i wonder what mario did that make bowser so mad to get off his lazy butt and run XD
Screenshot Glance 8.5/10

SMBXxer
Panser
Panser

Postby SMBXxer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 am

Wow, a year long bump...
Not gonna moderate here, save that for the mods.
But still, it's a great level.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:21 am

SMBXxer wrote:Wow, a year long bump...
Not gonna moderate here, save that for the mods.
But still, it's a great level.
It's okay to bump a thread even after a year as long the post he made contributes to him. In my eyes it does also.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Bowser Run (Step 1)

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:42 am

I haven't played your level yet. But it looks awesome. I'm going to download and play it and I'm gonna tell about your level's physics soon.

PopYoshi
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:23 pm

A boss battle styled SMW? i like it. I need to download this level

SMBXxer
Panser
Panser

Postby SMBXxer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:29 am

My advice to everyone; download this level.
It's a SMW styled NSMBW Bowser fight, it's amazing.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 am

SMBXxer wrote:My advice to everyone; download this level.
It's a SMW styled NSMBW Bowser fight, it's amazing.
It's even better that this one fight gets a lot of attention... and I do mean a lot of attention. Good job creator!

I wish you would make more like this. Currently this is just amazing even if it has been created for a Year ago.

Liraxus
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Liraxus » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:36 pm

...This is good.

This is definitely one of the more original ideas I've seen, I would love to use this in the future when I get to a point I can begin planning a final boss.

Eden
Rex
Rex

Postby Eden » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for the positive feedback ! I'm amazed and very happy this level still gets some of your attention.
Some people asked me to do some other boss levels, as it happens I did another SMW styled boss level which didn't get nearly as much attention : http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =81&t=9861
I would really like it to be reviewed, but maybe I shouldn't have posted in the "casual" section then ? I didn't really know what it meant when I did. Well anyway thanks a lot everyone, I'll tell if I do something else that's worth playing in the future

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:42 pm

I found a glitch that lets you skip bowser entirely,all you have to do is jump over him and all the hazards except the poodaboos and the rinkas are renderd useless.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Artemis008 wrote:I found a glitch that lets you skip bowser entirely,all you have to do is jump over him and all the hazards except the poodaboos and the rinkas are renderd useless.
Jumping over Bowser doesn't count as glitch it's something someone would do who can't win it legit.

LuckyLuigiX4

Postby LuckyLuigiX4 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:45 am

Uhhh...I can't get this to work I can get other levels to work but not this one. HELP! :oops:

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 am

LuckyLuigiX4 wrote:Uhhh...I can't get this to work I can get other levels to work but not this one. HELP! :oops:
Did you save the level to your worlds folder? Also, the level might be contained inside the level's folder, so try double-clicking the level's name folder.

Return to “The Best”