[Unavailable]

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.

On a scale of one to ten, how do you rate this story so far?(Explaination is appriciated)

25%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
38%
No votes
38%

Total votes: 8
PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Seven.

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:29 am

Number seven.
Last edited by PersonNamedUser on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Jesus Christ is Lord!
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mosaic Adventures(My Mind has been changed, so read)

Postby King Mario » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:39 pm

Wow! Thanks Mosaic. What a surprise!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Who Eight the Chapter)

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:43 pm

As I've promised, here's the next chapter, right here for you to read.
Chapter 8: Pieces The Puzzle: show
"As the tired out group had intended, they made it back to their place of residence, and slept through most of the day, given their lack of sleep the previous night beforehand. It wasn't until the day was over halfway through that the group were incited to get to their preparations for their trip, within a couple hours, they had their carriers, holders, and what have thee prepared, and to the spot in which the planes departed, they departed. They arrived at nightfall, their flight booked to leave soon."

I: Untimely Leave

"Okay, so i'm pretty sure that we've packed everything we need for this trip."

"Hundred percent?" Hoops asked. "You are a bit forgetful, maybe double check incase you forgot something?"

"Hmm, you could be right, maybe I should," Mosaic responded.

"Nah, I think you did a good enough search, Mosaic, we should be good," Rosy added.

"Easy for you to say Rosy…given how organized your bag usually is," Hoops replied.

Rosy stroked her fur in the bug's direction in acknowledgement, in which the crawler rolled his eyes.

"I'll check the cases again just in case," Mosaic ultimately responds.

As he's doing this, Berry begins to tell Rosy something.

"Oh? What's going on Berry?" she asked.

Berry continued, finishing his statement.

"Oh wow, you're right, I'll ask," Rosy said in response. "Mosaic, are you sure the plane's leaving at ten o'clock tonight?"

Looking up from his task, Mosaic responded.

"Yeah, I think so, that's what the ticket said anyway, here it is if you're curi-" He began to say, then being cut off by a sudden voice that flooded into the airport halls.

"Ten o' clock flight, plane number eighty-nine, booked for the destination, Sarasaland, will be leaving within five minutes. Repeat, Ten o' clock flight, plane number eighty-nine, booked for the destination, Sarasaland, will be leaving within five minutes." declared a worker on the speaker.

"Ah, I'd think that answers your question," Mosaic instead said. "Let's get going," he then said, getting his own packaging and the others getting theirs.

As the group made their way to the takeoff port, and eventually, the airline, a bit of discussion was had between them.

"Hey, Mosaic, I had actually been meaning to ask this," Rosy began.

"Eh? What happened?" Mosaic asked.

"Something i'm realizing is that, well...we kinda are going on this trip on a whim, we should really do something to inform Team S.M.B.X on where we are since we never really mentioned to them that we were going to go on this trip, I mean, you only told us you were planning on us going on this trip earlier today for crying out loud," Rosy explained.

"Oh," Mosaic responded. "I actually did think of that and decided that a good idea would be leaving them a note on the door that they can read that tells them where we went."

"Ah, I suppose that works."

It is around here that the group had made their way to their seats in the relatively crowded seating area, and the plane had taken off, oncourse to Sarasaland.

"I wonder what Sarasaland will be like, and what we'll see there and such…" Hoops thought allowed.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, but I imagine it'll be a beautiful place to see regardless," Rosy responded.

"...hmm, Mosaic, do you know anything about what Sarasaland is like?"

"Ah? No, not at all actually, all I know about it is that Daisy rules over it."

"Speaking of her, is she the one we're planning on seeing?" Rosy asked.

"Indeed it is, I figure we should at least try to get acquainted with her," Mosaic responds. "She seems to know Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad pretty well given how much we've heard them talk about her, but we have yet to meet her in person ourselves, so what I figure is, why not do it now?"

"Those are good reasons for us to go see her, but what else are we planning to do after that?" Rosy replied, then asked. "We shouldn't just stay there that one day and then go."

"I'm thinking after that we'll do a fair amount of sightseeing there, and if there's any other tourists attractions there, well, we may as well check them out."

"I suppose that is a good way to unwind, after having to deal with fighting off Bowser's troops and the 8-bits all the time, and then when we're not doing that, dealing with a number of other things too, to just not think about it in this case," Rosy stated. "What do you think about this Hoops?"

"Eh, it sounds like a decent plan regardless," he responded.

Berry then asked a question, when he had been silent this whole time.

"When will we get there? I think we could ask a flight usher about it," Rosy responded.

"Good idea, I'll do it now," Mosaic added in.

Mosaic signals down the flight usher, a Toad in the appropriate attire and asks the question.

"Ma'am, how long will this flight be before we reach Sarasaland?"

The Usher responded. "Oh, only nine hours."

"ONLY nine hours? It's going to be morning by the time we arrive!" Mosaic responded.

"Welp, this is gonna be a long flight…" Hoops shared.

"May as well try to make the best of it…" Rosy added.

Eventually however, each of the group fell asleep, feeling it was better to sleep on the plane, given they were all still sleep deprived from their activities the previous night. And as such, the group rested as the plane carried them to Sarasaland.

"It was in this moment however, that back at home, fate would arrive upon Team S.M.B.X in the form of a virtual carried voice. The Mosaic group had chosen a bad time to take an extended period of time off like they did…"

The Next Early Morning, at Mario's Pad...

Mario and Luigi were both sleeping silently in their respective bunks, like the two of them normally would.

The silence however was broken by a loud ringing noise.

"Huh, huh, wha, what's-a that?" Mario said aloud, being woken up by the ringing.

With a quick turn to the left, the plumber quickly found the source of the noise, his phone. Seeing this, he quickly picked it up and answered.

"Whoever is-a calling, you better have a good reason for calling us this-a early," Mario stated, not a fan of being woken up so soon.

"Heh Heh Heh, so I guess that means you're there, correct?" the voice on the other end said.

"Wait...I recognize this-a voice…" Mario stated. "E. Gadd! Why are you-a calling me at-a five forty-five in the-a morning?"

"Funny thing there my whickersnapper," E Gadd began to explain.

"Whipper-asnapper?" Mario asked, correcting him.

"Potato, Po-tot-o," E. Gadd responded. "I actually tried to contact your buddy earlier, what was his name...Moscow?"

"...Mosaic?" Mario asked.

"Ah yes, Mosaic. I tried to call him a bit earlier, but he didn't pick up, didn't respond, nothing…"

"That's-a...odd," Mario replied. "But umm, why are you calling-a me then?"

"Heh, well, I'll save the details there, but I'd like you, green stache, and your other buddies to meet with me as soon as possible, I've found some intriguing stuff on that there thingy your friend gave me the other day."

This got Mario's attention, despite his semi-delayed reaction, and he responded "W-Will-a do I-a guess…"

"I'll be waiting, toodles!" the professor responded, then hanging up.

After putting the phone back up, Mario lied back down, covering himself in his blankets, closing his eyes again.

At about fifteen minutes past six was when Mario had woken up and decided it was the time to make his move, waking up Luigi and passing E. Gadd's info to him.

"We're...going-a back to that scary forest again?" Luigi asked.

"Just to talk with-a E. Gadd I-a guess…" Mario answered.

"Oh...O-akay…" Luigi responded.

The two bros after grabbing a quick breakfast made their way out of the pad, and through the warp pipe, this very pipe leading them to the direct outskirts of Toad Town.

Though Mario knew where the pipe was, Luigi was a bit confused on where it was that his brother was going to lead him.

"Hmm, something tells me Toad is-a over in Toad Town in the main square right-a now," Mario stated. "Let's go get him real quick."

"Okie dokie…" Luigi said, just going along with it.

When the two made their way into the town square, they indeed saw Toad there like they figured they would, in which he seemed to be staring at the water in a fountain, lost in thought.

"Hey-a Toad!" Mario shouted.

This immediately caught Toad's attention, causing him to look up and over at the source.

"Oh! Umm, hey Mario! Hey Luigi! So, what's up?" Toad asked.

"We just-a got a call this morning from him."

"Who Mario?" Toad asked.

"Umm, Professor E-a Gadd," Luigi answered for him.

"Oh, him, what about?"

"He wants us to-a meet him at the place he met with us the other-a day," Mario informed.

"Huh, that nerve racking place again?" Toad thought aloud. "Well, okay…"

"Think we should-a ask Princess Peach to come along too?" Luigi asked.

"Ah umm...don't worry about it, she seems to be too busy too at this given moment."

"Oh...I guess we-a tell her later what's going on?"

"I'd suppose so, it's not like we can't."

With this said, the three made their way out of Toad Town the way that they came in, and continued on the way to Colorful Hills to find the pipe from the other day, when they weren't too far from the hills, they passed by a tree and noticed someone laying back on it, hands behind their head.

This someone was none other than Link, who also had his eyes closed, seemingly thinking through a number of things.

"Huh, what's Link doing here?" Toad asked aloud, somewhat asking the others as well.

Luigi gave a shrug, not knowing what to say.

"I don't-a know…" Mario inputted. "Hey-a Link!"

Hearing this, Link opened up his eyes, seeing Mario on the ground.

"Oh...hey Mario…" Link responded.

"What are you doing in that-a tree?" Mario asked.

"Just thinking…"

"...Do you...want to-a tell us what?" Mario questioned.

"...I'm good…"

"Alright then…" Mario replied. "Well, do you want to tag along with the three of us?"

"Where are you headed?"

"To see-a E. Gadd, you know, that scientist-a guy," Mario informed.

"Oh...that guy...I suppose," Link replied, then jumping down the tree and following with the group.

As the group continued on their way to the Colorful Hills, it not being far by now, a thought crossed Toad's mind and he decided to ask Mario about it.

"Hey, Mario, wouldn't bringing Yoshi along be a good idea?"

"Oh umm, to be completely-a honest, I actually don't know where he ran off to."

"...You don't?"

"Yeah...ever since we saw him at the-a game the other day, he kinda just-a slipped away somewhere once it-a ended."

"I see…"

"If I had to guess, I'd think he's-a on some kind of extended date with his girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? Do you mean…?"

"Yeah, I mean-a her."

Meanwhile...at Yoshi's whereabouts...

As was Team S.M.B.X's suspicion, Yoshi had indeed taken a ferry booked for Chocolate Valley, Dinosaur Land, and he'd had brought a date with him, this date being none other than the pink...dinosaur like creature, Birdo, having a name the same as her species for an unclear reason.

Yoshi started the conversation by asking Birdo a question.

"Oh? Umm...umm...what did I want to talk to you about?" Birdo responded to Yoshi's question, able to understand him.

Yoshi affirmed this being his question in response.

"Well...I'll...I'll try to put it into words as best I can, okay?"

Yoshi responded that whatever she needed to say, it's alright, she can say it.

"Well here it is," Birdo began. "Did I ever tell you that...well…" Birdo tried to say, not sure if she wanted to say. She eventually then turned to the nearby railing on the ship and leaned on it, looking at the sea.

Yoshi was puzzled at this and asked what the issue was.

"Well...I...I feel...lonely…"

Yoshi was surprised to hear this and asked why, and for how long she's felt like this for.

"For...for years…" Birdo slowly responded.

Yoshi has concern about this, given this is something Birdo never really said.

"Why I feel like this, it's well...I don't really have anyone I truly connect with…other than you..."

Yoshi found a lot of surprise in this, and asked about some individuals, seeing if this was entirely true.

"Mario? Luigi? Them? They and their other buddies I only ever really saw as acquaintances, not really friends…"

Yoshi understood, staying quiet to let Birdo continue.

"And well...there is someone I know, and…"

Yoshi asked who it was.

"Well...they're...like...kinda my friend but...not really?"

Yoshi wasn't sure how to respond to this hearing it.

Starting to tear up a bit, Birdo continued. "And well, it feels like...no one else cares for me...like they find me weird or something, and want nothing to do with me…"

Yoshi then began to have a sympathetic look on his face, showing concern.

"And sometimes, it feels like you're the only one I have," Birdo continued. "Like...I...honestly don't know what I'd do without you…" Birdo said, then letting herself go as she went from shedding several tears to straight up crying.

Seeing this, after a bit, Yoshi decided he shouldn't leave her like this, and said some words of encouragement in his language and walked next to her, and began to stroke her in the back a bit, comforting her.

"...Oh…" Birdo spoke, only now noticing. "T-thank you Yoshi…"

Yoshi then told Birdo that she'll be okay, as he's there for her.

II: The Puzzle Frame

Back To Team S.M.B.X's perspective...

By now, the four guys had made it to the front door of the temporary lab of Professor E. Gadd, Mario giving him a knock.

"Ho ho ho, no need for that my fellow Mario, the door's open."

"Oh…" Mario responded, he and the other three letting themselves in.

"Alrighty Professor E.-a Gadd," Mario began. "What do you have to-a show us? Is this connected to that frame Mosaic gave-a you a bit ago?"

"Oh ho ho, indeed it is Mario," E. Gadd began. "But umm, where's Princess Toadstool?"

"She's busy…" Toad responded.

"...Yeah…" Mario added, a thought lingering in his mind.

"Well okay then, still, it's time to spill the beans, so listen up you four."

The four did exactly that, all putting a hand to their ears.

"To start off, this artifact that your buddy gave me...it's a frame for a certain guiding object…"

"Wait…it guides you...it's round…" Link began. "Is it…"

"Right you are elf boy, it's the frame to some kind of ancient compass."

"A compass huh? That's...a bit arbitrary…" Toad added.

"Well...what's the-a catch?" Mario asked. "This can't just be any-a ordinary old compass right?"

"Heh, And you're indeed right there fella."

"O..." Mario replied, intrigued to hear this.

"For one thing, take a look at the sides," E. Gadd asked of the group, then showing the sides of the compass, exposing tiny holes of some kind.

"Huh, there's holes on it...like something goes there…" Toad analyzed. "Do you know what goes there?"

"I...didn't find anything to suggest what might," E. Gadd embarrassingly answered.

"Oh…I see…" Toad replied.

"Okay, and what-a else?" Mario asked.

"I'll tell you now, ho ho."

"Let's-a hear it."

"...This compass, from what i've researched, is bestowed with many strong, probably magical powers."

"Wow, no way…" Toad responded.

"Mama mia..that sounds like-a something…" Luigi stated.

"...that's what they found?" Link stated, thinking aloud.

"What are these-a powers exactly?" Mario asked.

"I...I don't know, hahaha."

"Oh…" the four all stated simultaneously, disappointed.

"From what I've read in this ancient book I have though, it bears some kind of powerful magic in it."

"But...but...didn't you just-a say…-" Luigi began.

"The only issue there," Prof. E Gadd continued, ignoring Luigi. "Is well, as you can see my dear youngsters...this compass is empty! The pieces are all gone!"

"I...can-a see that…" Mario replied.

"Me-a too…" Luigi added.

"Yeah...it is…" Toad commented.

"...Yeah...that's clear…meaning?" Link asked.

"What this means is, no pieces, no powers. No magic, zilch, nada, nothing!"

"Oh...makes sense…" Link responded.

"So umm, where do we-a start to find the pieces to the-a compass?" Mario asked.

"Hoo hoo hoo, I thought you'd ask that," E. Gadd replied. "The needle should point you to where the nearest shard is."

"That's-a very helpful…" Mario said. "Are there-a any places you recommend for us to start-a searching?"

"Oh indeed there is my fair Mario fellow," E. Gadd answered. "During my research I found that there's two places worth checking out. A mountain and a pyramid."

"Oh? Sounds interesting...what about them?" Toad asked.

"From what I know mushroom, both have some kind of connection to this compass that the group found, and by visiting these two places, maybe you guys could learn a thing or two on that thing, heh."

"Well, where-a is this mountain and-a pyramid exactly anyway?"

"The mountain is actually...the Dino Mountain over in...that place where all those dino people gather."

"...Dinosaur-a Land?" Luigi asked.

"Ah yes, that's the name, thank you my fella Luigi."

"And the pyramid?" Toad asked.

"Hmm...the pyramid should be...somewhere in Desert Land I think."

"Somewhere? So you don't-a know where it-a is?" Luigi asked, a bit frightened by this.

"Well, not exactly, my dear fellow, though I was able to get a hold of these two maps, one for the mountain and one for where that pyramid may be, heh."

"Okie-dokie…" Luigi replied.

"You-a did? That sounds-a handy!" Mario stated.

"Well, they're also a bit aged and worn, so, they may be a bit less handy for that reason...just like me…"

"Oh…" Link commented. "Well...I personally think we should take the maps, helped me out many times where I'm from."

Given this, the inventor handed Mario the maps.

"And with that said my plucky group, I'll also lend this thingamajig to you all," the inventor then said, also handing the compass frame to Mario.

"thank-a you," Mario formally replied.

"And well...be sure to hold on to those things, you don't want to lose them. Otherwise, you're most definitely not finding those pieces."

"Plus, don't we kinda not want the frame to fall into the wrong hands?" Toad pointed out. "Imagine if Bowser got a hold of this thing…"

"You're...You're-a right Toad," Mario acknowledged. "...maybe we should have someone hold it that the Koopa Troop wouldn't expect to?"

"Link?" Toad brought up.

"...I'd prefer to not…" Link answered.

"How about-a you Toad?" Mario asked.

"Umm...n-no...I...I couldn't handle it…" Toad replied. "I'd...I'd probably lose it, you know? Screw it up...like I do alot…"

"I...I-a see…. Well I can't-a a hold on to it for obvious reasons. So umm..." Mario began, looking in the direction of Luigi, who had his back turned, pretending to whistle. "Luigi, how about you hold-a on to it?"

Luigi heard this, and began to object. "What! B-Brother, w-w-why-a me?"

"Well, you're the best option here I-a feel," Mario answered. "Link and Toad don't feel responsible about holding on the compass frame, i'm too obvious of a person to keep something important like-a that on, and plus, given that you're...you know…"

"A coward?" Luigi asked.

"Umm...y….yeah, a-a coward…" Mario, though hesitant to, affirmed. "I doubt that the-a Koopa Troop would expect you to be holding on to-a something this important."

"...True…" Luigi responded.

"So come on-a brother, please this one time, take one for the-a team," Mario tried to convince.

After some brief thought, Luigi gave the answer. "I...I'll-a do it…"

"Yeah, that's the-a spirit Luigi!" Mario congratulated Luigi on, giving him five.

"So it's settled between you four correct? Green pistachio is holding the important mcguffin, and you're all going to go off and search for the pieces I presume?"

"As soon as we get-a word to Princess-a Peach and the Mosaic Group, that's the-a idea."

"...I...I-a guess so…" Luigi filled in.

"Probably so…" Toad added.

"...I guess we're overdue for another adventure," Link said. "Atleast...these three…"

"Heh, well my humble group, I hope the best of odds go to you on your conquest."

"O-a...kay E, we'll be seeing you off-a now," Mario responded.

"Toodles to you too!" E. Gadd replied.

"Goodbye," Toad said.

"...See ya…" Luigi added.

Link just gave a nod as the group made their way out of E. Gadd's lab, back into the woods, and soon enough, back to the familiar lush, green fields of Mushroom Plains.

"Well about time something different came along…" Toad said. "I was wondering when E. Gadd would get back to us on what that thing was."

"Going to be-a honest, I was wondering the same-a thing," Mario said.

"Maybe we should-a call Mosaic and his buddies about-a this?" Luigi asked.

"Hmm, E. Gadd mentioned he had trouble contacting him, and I was going to wait until later to contact him for that reason, but I guess it-a doesn't hurt to try again," Mario replied, then pulling out his phone and dialing Mosaic's number.

Back at the Mosaic Group's flight...

The plane by now had completed the nine-hour flight to Sarasaland and landed, in which the Mosaic group departed from the plane as well as the airport, making their way directly outside and surveying the scenery.

In all directions, they saw repeating scenery, there was alot of sand, rocks, cactuses and pyramids as far as could be seen, and by looking close enough, it even looked like there was some distinctly question mark marked blocks here as well, some opened, others not. In a number of ways, the landscape resembled Desert Land back over in the Mushroom Kingdom, this however wasn't Desert Land, but was a part of Sarasaland.

"So here we are it seems, Sarasaland, it's...something from what I can see to start off," Mosaic commented.

"I think what we should start with is figuring out what part of, or to be more accurate, which kingdom of Sarasaland it is that we're in," Rosy stated.

"Kingdom? Does this imply…" Mosaic began.

"From the quick research I did on the place while we were on the plane, yeah, Sarasaland consists of four or so different kingdoms, and each of them seem to be known for a different thing."

Berry gives his opinion hearing this briefly.

"I agree that it's an intriguing fact, I was somewhat intrigued to hear this myself," Rosy replied to Berry's input. "But anyway, considering the desert-like geography of this place, I believe that the plane landed in the Birabuto Kingdom."

"Birabuto Kingdom huh? What genius thought that exotic name would attract tourists?" Hoops opinionated.

"It was enough to bring us here in all fairness…" Rosy answered.

Hoops just remained silent in response.

"Well, anyway, what I wanted to ask about Sarasaland consists of four...kingdoms. Does this imply that Sarasaland is bigger than the Mushroom Kingdom?"

"I wouldn't say so, based on the articles I've read on it, they're all much smaller than the Mushroom Kingdom is."

"Ah, makes sense."

"However, if you were to combine the four size wise, it's probably about the size of the Mushroom Kingdom, or a bit bigger."

"Sounds about righ-" Mosaic began, before he was interrupted by a continuous ringing sound. "...Oh boy, my phone's ringing, would make sense that it rings right when we arrive…" Mosaic ranted a bit, but checked who it was anyway. "Mario huh? What's this about…" Mosaic stated, accepting the call. "Hey Mario, so, what's up?"

"Hey! You-a answered!" Mario enthusiastically declared. "I wanted to call you-a to tell you something."

"Oh? What exactly?" Mosaic asked.

Mosaic then remained silent as Mario filled him in.

"Wow...so...that thing we found in the pyramid…that's what it was? A magical compass?"

"...What…" Hoops said, interested in the discussion.

"Yeah, very-a crazy right?"

"Well...We'd love to help you guys out, but the issue is that, well, we're on vacation."

"Vacation? Where'd you guys-a go? Don't tell me you guys went to-a Isle Defino…"

"Oh, no no no, we went to Sarasaland," Mosaic responded.

"Good-a move Mosaic, good-a move…"

"What makes you sa-wait a minute..."

"Yeah...I have-a history with that-a place…"

"You do…"

"...yeah...any-away, Sarasaland is a nice-a choice, somewhat varied landscape, and maybe you'll meet-a Daisy there."

"We actually plan to."

"Oh? Well hopefully that goes-a over we'll. I'll catch you-a later."

"You too, see ya." Mosaic replied before hanging up.

Back to Team SMBX...

"So Mosaic answered I'm assuming?" Toad asked.

"Yeah, and I now know where him and his-a buddies went off to," Mario answered.

"Did they go to-a Sarasaland?" Luigi asked.

"Yeah, they-a needed the vacation I suppose," Mario informed Luigi. "and they probably aren't going to be-a-back for at least a couple of-a days."

"So we're-a going it alone…" Luigi stated.

"Sure looks that-a way," Mario answered. "Anyway, let's-a go tell the Princess about this now."

As such the group of four began to make their way to Mushroom Castle. As they made their ways there, they discussed a bit with one another.

"Um, Mario, I had a question if you don't mind," Link asked quietly.

"Hmm? About-a what exactly?" Mario responded.

"I don't mean offense to him but...why is Luigi such a coward?"

"Oh…" Mario replied.

"Like...I notice with doing almost anything, even the slightest bit brave, it seems to freak him out, and he never wants to do it…"

"Yeah…"

"Well, is there a reason for that?" Link asked.

"To be honest, I don't-a remember why or when he got how he-a did, but he wasn't-a always this way," Mario replied.

"He wasn't?" Link responded.

"Yeah, awhile back, he was-a of the more moderate, and there wasn't too much that got him too scared, atleast too-a much."

"Do you think we could try to get him to work back towards that? It's something I'd want to see myself to be honest."

"Not gonna lie, I want to-a see him get-a back to that point myself but...it's something he's-a struggled with for a very good while at this-a point, atleast over like...nine years by now if i'm counting that right…"

"That's rough, getting out of a bubble like that can be tough, but I feel it can be done...if you just push yourself."

"Huh? Link...you-a talk like you've been in a position similar to-a Luigi's before…"

"...I am?" Link asked.

"Huh? What are you guys talking about?" Toad asked the two, inserting himself in the discussion.

"Oh, we were discussing-a...an-a subject…"

"Were...you talking about me?"

"Oh, no, of course-a not."

"Okay, well regardless of what you guys were discussing, I don't think I mind too much if-"

It was at this exact moment, that Toad's speech was interrupted. For, at a distance, some kind of loud thundering billowed in the distance.

"W-What is-a that?" Luigi frantically stated.

"What is-a what Luigi?" Mario asked.

"I...heard a sound...it sounded like an-a….booming of some-a kind…" Luigi answered.

"I don't hear any-" Toad began, before he was cut off by another distant booming.

"Wait a minute, I heard it too!" Toad then said. "It sounds like it came from...Mushroom Castle…"

"No...No-a way...we're...we're-a not…" Mario began. "To the-a castle!" Mario then commanded the group, in which they all then rushed in the direction of the loud sounds, praying that the noise wasn't what he thought it was.

III: Again?

The group of four all rushed their way into the town, over the bridge, to the castle, and see smoke coming from the castle, and a crowd of Toads standing outside, looking at the castle with distress.

"...Someone bombed the castle?" Link stated. "That's awful!"

"...You'll get used to it…" Toad replied.

"Well...maybe we should-a ask a Toad what happened?" Luigi brought about.

"Don't-a see why not, let's ask this Toad right-a here." Mario answered, then tapping the Toad to get their attention.

"Hey so-a, buddy, what happened?"

"...guess…" The toad answered.

"Hmm, let's-a see, so...the castle was attacked…" Mario began to analyze.

"Yes…"

"And you guys are all out-a here because...Oh-a no...no-"

"Umm, where's Peach? Wouldn't she have told us about what happened to the castle and who attacked by now?" Link asked, not being used to this.

"Welp, there's your answer right there, the Princess has been...Kidnapped again by-"

"MAMA-MIA!" Mario exclaimed, this being the billionth time he's heard this, then fainted.

"Brother...are you-a okay?" Luigi asked.

"Yeah, come on bud, it's not the worst thing to happen," Toad said to the passed out Mario.

Mario quickly woke up from his unconscious state, in which the Toad figured he could finish now.

"By...the Koopa Troop..."

"...What-a way did the airship go…" Mario nonchalantly asked.

"That way…" the Toad replied, pointing west.

"Towards-a Dark Land huh? Well...let's save her again I guess...come on-a gang…" Mario told the group, leading them to the outskirts of Mushroom Plains, where they discussed their plans.

"Okay, so here's the-a plan," Mario began. "I think that we should-a split up."

"...Split up?" Link asked.

"W-W-What?" Luigi replied.

"I gotta ask the same thing, why split up?" Toad added.

"My idea is-a basically well, someone has to go rescue the princess, but at the same time, I don't think we should-a completely drop Egadd's discovery either and should look into the places he asked us to go to."

"But isn't Peach being held hostage something that we seriously sho-" Link began to ask in a serious manner.

"Eh...don't worry about it Link..." Toad asked, in which Link mainly felt confusion in regards to.

"What i'm-a thinking is that me and-a Luigi go after the airship to rescue Peach, while you two go check out the two-a spots Egadd pointed out to us," Mario said toward Toad and Link.

"Huh…" Link commented.

"Hmm, doesn't sound like a bad deal, i'm for it," Toad inputted.

"Glad I dont-a have to go to one of those places alone atleast…" Luigi stated.

"Yeah...you wouldn't have-a wanted to knowing-a you, which is why the two of us are-a staying together…"

"...Suppose there's nothing wrong with doing it this way," Link eventually inputted.

"Guess it's an-a deal," Mario then said, handing the two maps to Link and Toad. "You-a two discuss how you'll go about that," Mario told the two. "We shouldn't-a spend too much more time here, the airship-a getting away! Come on-a bro!" Mario then shouted frantically, rushing in the direction of the airship, giving Luigi a sign to catch up, in which he did, though hesitant in doing so.

As a result, the objective had been made clear among the group, despite their initial plans of sticking together, they split the tasks, and went on their respective ways.

To Be Continued...

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Poll: Feedback Edition)

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Perhaps this would have been handy to add earlier, but may aswell add this now, it's all in the title, vote on the rating that you'd give this story so far(after catching up ofc) and explain why in replies, helps with improving.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Who Eight the Chapter, and Poll: Feedback Edition)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:26 pm

To be honest with you, Mosaic, I'll give you a 8/10, since it's about the same tier as mah SMBX community based story (Lethal Labyrinth). You should add some SMBX members* in the story in later chapters. ^-^"

*Anyone would do, expect for me!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Insert Nein Joke Here)

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:09 pm

A few days later than I intended to post this(busy with stuff), but here it is now.
Chapter 9: Pieces To The Puzzle PART 2: show
I: Old Tricks, New Toy

It was within the interior of the aircraft, it’s destination set for Dark Land, where the fruit-named monarch was currently held hostage, chained down to a chair.

Within the holding room were also three of the seven koopalings, Larry, Iggy and Wendy, Kamek, and the Koopa King himself, Bowser.

Eventually, the turtle monster decided to taunt the princess.

“Heh heh, this time my little Toadstool, I have the upper hand,” Bowser told Peach.

Not taking him seriously, Peach responded. “Okay Mr. King stupa Koopa, what makes you come to that conclusion?”

“You haven’t seen it have you?” Bowser questioned. “Well here you go you ignorant little girl,” In this, Bowser pointed to his neck, having a pendant wrapped around it. Decorating this pendent was some kind of crooked shard, glowing with a yellow tint.

“Old tricks, new toy huh…” Peach commented. “Because yes, that’s obviously worked when you tried to use the Grand Star...and the vibe specter...and the star rod Bowser.”

Putting a claw underneath the princess’ neck, the Koopa King menacing responded. “We’ll have no more of those comments here...capeach?”

“...not funny…” Peach responded anyway.

There wasn’t much conversation beyond this as the ship continued on it’s path to the dark volcanic badlands.

II: Split Quarter Ways

Back on the ground, the Mario Bros were wasting no time, making pursuit of the mobile ship on foot, chasing it towards a group of hills, these very hills being known as the Sunset Hills.

As the two hustled, Luigi brought about some discussion, stopping in his tracks.

“Hey, M-Mario.”

“Huh? What’s the-a problem Luigi?”

“I...I-a honestly dunno if I want to-a come along now…”

“Wha…”

“Well, I just-a kinda have a bad feeling about me coming along this-a time, and well...because you’re often used to going on-a journeys like this for this kind of-a reason alone, I was wondering if I could...you know...like-”

“Brother…may I-a ask you an-a question?”

“Sure, anything Mario.”

“Well...what i’m wanting to ask is...why are you-a so inconsistent?”

“Huh? What? what do you-a mean?”

“Like, you’ve had alot of-a times where you’ve tried to opt out of going on-a quests with me and the group.”

“Y-Yeah…”

“And I know-a why. But what I find a bit-a weird too is well, you seem to get upset or...jealous, I don’t-a know? When you’re left behind.”

“Oh…”

“Like, I think I-a recall a time where I went to Peach’s castle just for cake, but it ended up evolving into another rescue mission, I actually had been thinking of bringing you along, but you decided to stay behind that time.”

“How...how did you-a know?” Luigi asked, looking away nervously.

“Well...I have an-a confession to-a make regarding that…”

“...which?”

“Which is well...I’ve...kinda looked inside your-a diary that you keep in that room under our-a bedroom a bit…”

“Y-Y-You looked in-a there!?”

“It...was mainly by-a chance, but yeah…”

“Well...I-a guess I don’t have a choice...to...to answer you’re-a question...well…well...well...”

“Are you having-a trouble saying it?”

“I...I don’t-a know how to respond…”

“Oh...I-a see...I guess we should just-a…-wait…”

“Huh?”

“THE-A AIRSHIP! We can’t let it get any-a further, come on Luigi!” Mario exclaimed, quickly hustling in the direction of where it flew, practically leaving Luigi behind.

Seeing this, and that Mario didn’t seem to be making him come along, he looked around for a bit, and nearby, he saw a blue pipe nearby, colored differently from most other pipes in the areas, green to be specific. Realizing what the blue pipe entailed, he decided this is what he’d use as a bailout.

In his haste, Mario momentarily slowed down and looked behind him, realizing his brother was nowhere to be seen.

“Mama-mia…” he thought to himself before continuing on without him.

Toad and Link meanwhile had returned to the main town area of Toad Town, and discussed with one another how they were going to do things.

“Okay, so for starters, do you know how to get to Dinosaur Land and Desert Land?” Toad asked.

“...not really...don’t know the place too well…”

“Oh, well between Dinosaur Land and Desert Land, which one would you say you know slightly more about? Even if only by a tiny bit?”

“...Desert Land…”

“Huh…”

“...something wrong?”

“Not really, but umm Link, I’ve noticed this for a fair amount of time since you showed up but...you don’t talk much do you?”

“...was never really the talkative kind where i’m from…”

“I see…”

“...and well...combine that with the fact that i’ve only been living in this place for about...a year or so, it’s not easy to adjust, making lifestyle changes in so many ways…”

“Oh...I see…umm...”

There was a short period of silence before Toad eventually broke it, continuing their previous discussion topic.

“...Well, to get back to the point, if you feel a bit more comfortable with tackling the pyramid in Desert Land, I can go to the mountain in Dinosaur Land,” Toad offered.

“I suppose that should work…” Link accepted. “But to ask my earlier question again...how are we going to get to these two places?”

“In regards to Desert Land...I think there should be an easy way there through a warp pipe in the Mosaic Group’s neighborhood, keep note that it’s yellow in color.”

“Oh, thanks...how about you though?”

“I know a shortcut to Dinosaur Land outside of Toad Town that way.”

“Okay...given I was at Vibrant Park the other day, finding the pipe shouldn’t be hard...”

“You sure?”

“...Yeah, pretty sure I can find where it is…”

“Well alright then,” Toad said, handing Link the Desert Land Pyramid Map, “hopefully we both find something interesting at these spots, see you later.”

“...See ya…”

The two after giving their parting words went their separate ways, Link heading south and Toad heading east of the town to the pipe he knew of.

Toad of course had no issue tracking down the pipe, and once he did, quickly dove in, not wasting any time.

Link on the other hand had a bit more difficulty tracking it down, having to traverse through a large amount of grassy pastures, question blocks, pipes and such scattered about.

Other than this however, there wasn’t much else that stood in the way. He made his way to the Vibrant Park, and after a bit more searching and memory jogging in where he saw the Mosaic Group meet with him the other day, he found their neighborhood.

After some further searching, as well as even finding the Mosaic Group’s house at one point as well as the note they put up, he eventually found a yellow pipe, this being the one Toad had told him about before.

“Well, let’s do this…” Link thought to himself, and not putting it off any longer, jumped in.

III: Road Split Brothers

Back where Luigi was, he had made it the other side of the pipe he escaped through, upon emerging on the other side after a steady landing, he began to walk through it, somewhat aimlessly.

As he wandered however, thought began to run through his mind.

“...I...I-don’t-a want to go…”

“I don’t-a want to go back…”

“I...I really don’t-a want to go back and...fight the Koopa Troop…”

“But...but…”

“As...as-a brother said...if I don’t...I’d miss out on the adventure...the-a travel…”

“And...if I-a don’t…I could-a miss out something meaningful with him...”

“I...I don't-a want that…”

“And...I shouldn’t-a force Mario to go on-a journeys like-a this on his own...if I can-a help it…”

“He’s handled things himself bef-”

“No, that’s no-a reason…” Luigi interrupted his other thoughts. “I really shouldn’t make him do-a that if I can make an-a difference…”

“...I’ve….I’ve been-a this-a way for a long-a time…”

“Deep down...I know it...I want to change...and well...I-a can...even if it’s-a hard.”

“That’s...That’s what I should-a do...go help an-a a brother out...I mean...it must-a mean something that he gave me this, right?” Luigi then spoke aloud, then pulling out the compass frame he was given and staring at it.

As he stared however, he noticed something interesting about the frame…

The needle started to twitch.

“Mama-Mia!...did...did it-a find something?” Luigi reacted.

Testing the compass a bit by pacing about in different directions in the cave corridor he was in, he eventually realized that whatever it was that the compass was reacting to, it had to be located within the cave.

As such, he decided instead to follow the compass within the cave and see where exactly it was that it’d lead him.

IV: Stalling Conflict

Back where Mario was, he was still pursuing the airship, having just made it to the edge of the Sunset Hills, and in fact, had pretty much caught up with the airship, being directly below it, infact, he saw that the anchor that the Koopa Troop always tended to leave hanging off, probably that one underpaid, overworked troop that forgot, not too far off from him.

“Okay, i’m not-a too far off from it now, looks like this could-a be a hasty rescue this time around.”

As he said this, looking up at the ship however, he saw something, or more accurately, someone, kinda big and yellow falling to the ground, in a way that looked to be intentional.

Seeing they were falling very close to him, the plumber jumped aside, avoiding being squashed.

Getting a closer look at the creature that fell, after seeing their details; wielding a bullet bill cannon, pink shelled, wearing a pair shades...he quickly identified them. Roy Koopa.

“Hey! Mario! What you think you’re doing?” the Koopaling snapped at Mario.

“I think it’s-a pretty obvious, i’m trying to save the-a princess that you’re-a dad loves kidnapping so-a much,” Mario snarkingly answered. “Now move aside Roy, you’re in the-a way.”

“You linguini loser,” Roy insulted. “I’m here specifically TO get in the way!”

“Is that-a so? Not the-a first time I’ve heard that...” Mario responded. “Well don’t-a mind if I-a do,” Mario responded, drawing his hammer.

“Put 'em up, fatso,” Roy responded, kicking off the fight with a blast from his cannon.

As the flying bullet flew Mario’s way, he quickly deflected it with his hammer back at Roy, which the koopa quickly dodged.

“That’s how you’re gonna be huh? Guess I’ll just mix up strategies,” Roy responded, then making a large jump into the air.

Seeing his intent, Mario dodged once again, then forming a flame in his hand.

He gave the flaming ball a short toss and then swung it at Roy with the use of his hammer.

Roy blocked the shot with the bulk of his cannon, and shot back with two more of the large bullets, in which Mario easily dodged.

Wanting to change up strategies a bit, Mario began to infuse both hands with fire and unleashed a barrage on Roy.

Roy blocked a number of the shots once again with his cannon, however, a decent number of the shots made it through, knocking him back a bit.

“Landed the first strike I see, don’t mind that…” Roy said as he prepared to shoot the cannon again, firing three more bullets at Mario.

Mario dodged the first bullet as it approached. He then ducked under the second one. And finally deflected the third with his hammer once again, this time hitting Roy on point with the deflected projectile, it blowing up and sending the turtle flying on impact and crashing back into a wall.

Roy recovered, at a relatively slow pace, preparing to fire the cannon once again, aiming it as they prepared to resume and continue their battle.

Back down below, within the depths of the Jewel Caverns, Luigi had still been following the guidance of the compass, but even after all this time, his hunt was fruitless.

“Mama-mia...is this thing ever going to-a-”

Luigi began to utter to himself before he looked up and saw a distinctive figure up ahead.

Based on what he could work out from the silhouette...this looked to be a Rex.

Intrigued by this, Luigi walked closer to get a better look at them.

On closer inspection, he saw more details of the Rex, namely that this Rex had a dark green body, something that while some rexes, like Striker had, not all Rexes were like this. But on top of this, this specific rex had also been wearing a green robe, this robe covering everywhere but his tail and feet, the latter of which, to Luigi’s shock, were completely bare, exposing the pointed features on it, kind of like that of a Birdo.

Remembering his earlier advice, Luigi quickly stuffed the compass frame into his pocket before making his way closer to the Rex to greet himself.

Before he did so however, the Rex noticed him first.

“Huh, hello there aimless wanderer, what might you be doing here?” The Rex asked Luigi.

“Oh...you know, just-a….wandering around…” Luigi responded, trying to play it off while being somewhat humorous.

The Rex looked at Luigi’s clothing for a bit, analyzing it and then asking a question.

“Huh, are you some kind of electrician?”

“No, no, not at-a all, what makes you-a say that?”

“Well, given your outfit, I thought that might have been a profession you partook in, something of that sort…”

“My overalls…” Luigi contemplated, then looking at them himself.

“I guess I kinda do look-a bit like one…”

“What would you say you are then?”

“What would a say I-a am? Would coward suffice as an-a answer?”

“You consider yourself one? You were brave enough to wander here on your own I can see.”

“I...see…”

“Hey come on, that’s not what I meant, I was asking about your profession, like...what do you do to provide for yourself?”

“Oh, I'm an-a plumber…”

“A plumber? I don’t know what that is….”

“Well, a plumber is-”

“Sounds like some kind of tacky job.”

“Er…”

“Dunno, would have liked it better if you were an electrician, nice clothes though, see that you like to sport green as well.”

“Well...I only have electrical powers to be-a honest...and...thanks?”

“Huh, we seem to have more in common than I thought…”

“Hmm?”

“Anyway, now to ask, why are you really down here?”

Realizing this implied the Rex didn’t believe his earlier question, he decided to answer, not giving him all the details.

“Well...I was-a trying to get out of helping my-a brother Mario rescue Princess Peach from the King-a Koopa…”

“Mario? Princess? King? Who might these individuals be?”

“Huh?” Luigi thought to himself, finding this Rex not hearing of them somewhat odd. “Everyone in both the-a Mushroom Kingdom and Dinosaur Land knows who they-a are…” further thoughts came.

“You never heard of them? Everyone in the-a Mushroom Kingdom and Dinosaur Land has heard of-a them…” Luigi said to the Rex aloud.

“Well...no one ever told me about them.”

“I see…”

After a brief moment of silence, the Rex continued the discussion.

“Oh wow...we spent all this time intermingling and we never got one another’s names…”

“We...We-a didn’t did we?” Luigi acknowledged. “I guess I can-a start by introducing myself...i’m-a Luigi…”

“Well hello there, Luigi, nice name, I’m Meredith,” the Rex finally revealed.

“Meredith huh? Interesting-a name…”

“Thanks for your compliment,” Meredith responded. “Based on what you’ve told me earlier, you consider yourself a coward?”

“Yes...And everyone else that-a is around me does as well...and I don’t know if that’ll ever-a change…”

“Well...what I’ll tell you there is what you should do there is get out of your comfort zone, work towards changing yourself in the way you consider best.”

“Huh…”

“With some of the changes, or some of the decisions that you may make, you may get criticized by those around you, there’ll be people who won’t like changes that may come about, they may even persecute you in fact…”

“That’s...an-a strange way of wording it…”

“What i’m basically telling you is the truth fella, don’t be discouraged, if you think you can, and you think you must, then do what you must.”

“I-I’ll-a try…”

“Exactly, now, as for what you should do no-”

At this moment, at a distant spot in the cave, something, most likely a rock or stalatchie fell on the ground, making a sound, this being loud enough for both Luigi and Meredith to hear.

“That reminds me...I don’t why I wasted so much time…” Meredith thought aloud.

“Wha?”

“I don’t have time for pep talk, need to return to my mission, I’ll be seeing you off now man in green.”

Hearing his words, Luigi tried to get one last question in as he left.

“Wait, what do you-a mean by your-a…” Luigi began, but seeing how the robed dragon had gone off already, realized he wasn’t going to answer most likely. “...He can’t-a hear me back here…. One-a things clear from-a that...I should return to my-a own mission and help Mario out…” Luigi told himself. “Don’t-a worry brother! I’m-a coming!” Luigi then said, turning the opposite way, rushing out the cave in the direction he came, having his new found determination to help his brother out in his predicaments.

Back above the ground, Mario was still in battle with Roy, they exchanged several more blows here and there, then eventually backing off from one another for a moment.

“Heh heh,” Roy snickered.

“What’s so-a funny?” Mario questioned.

“Oh nothing, it’s just that I find it kinda silly. You spent all this time messing with me that you forgot what you considered your objective.”

Gasping in response, Mario then looked around in the sky, seeing the airship was nowhere in sight.

“That being said, I may have been smacked down quite a bit by you tubby pasta man, but my work here is done,” Roy taunted. “And looks like my ride's here too!” Roy said, spotting a Lakitu, who after drifting down to Roy’s level, dropped down a fishing line with a hoop at the end of it.

After the Koopaling grabbed the ring, the Latiku shiftly carried him off, despite the notable bit of difficulty in doing so, heading back in the direction of the airship.

“So long lasagna loving lump!” Roy said to Mario as he was carried off.

It was at this moment that Luigi had seen from a distance where Mario had been standing, and he quickly made his way over to him.

V: Rethinking

“Brother! Brother! I’m-a sorry for-a running of earlier like I-a did, but i’m here to-a help!” Luigi stated apologetically.

“Oh! Hey there-a brother, well, basically what happened is well...I-”

Before he could finish however, he was suddenly hit with one last surprise bullet bill from Roy, knocking him over into a nearby pit, this pit seemingly being connected to the Jewel Caverns.

“That’s for yesterday on the flagship!” Roy shouted from afar as the Latiku carried him further away.

“Mama-mia...right when I-a get here…”

“You-a said it brother...now...could you throw me an-a vine or rope or something?

“Umm...sure, I’ll try to-a look…” Luigi responded, then scouting the surrounding area, mainly putting focus on the question blocks, hoping there’d be something in them.

As Luigi searched, Mario looked around in the pit that he was knocked into, seeing that he was in a small pocket of the cave, with a warp pipe leading deeper in, and most notably, several question blocks, five to be exact.

As such he decided that while Luigi looked for something to get him out, to unopen these and see what was in them.

Upon opening the first block, he found only coins.

He then opened the second one and found a familiar red-petaled, green steamed flower within, a fire flower.

Instead of absorbing it right away, Mario instead decided to pocket it, and got back to opening the other blocks.

The other three were much higher up than the first two, and as such, he needed something to reach them with.

Originally he thought of throwing his hammer at them, but decided to use another method.

He looked around the room a bit and saw several blue blocks stacked atop one another, grab blocks…exactly three.

“Okay...let’s-a do this right…” he thought to himself.

Grabbing the first block, he went underneath one of the floating blocks and threw the block in his own hands at the one above.

There were only coins in it.

Though a bit disappointed, he repeated the process again for the second block, once again, only coins.

“Okay, here we go...third times’ the-a charm?” he then thought as he prepared the third block.

He then threw it.

Out of the final block...emerged another flower with the same look as the earlier one, this one however being light blue instead. An ice flower.

The flower fell out of the block and onto the ground.

“Nice…” Mario thought to himself, then picking up and pocketing the ice flower as well.

It is after this that Mario then headed back over to the opening to the surface and shouted up it.

“Brother! Have you-a found anything yet?”

“...Yeah...I found a springboard.”

“Well let’s-a send it down!”

As such, Luigi did just that and threw the bounce pad down to Mario, which Mario, upon seeing it’s landing quickly bounced onto it, the force being enough to quite literally, “spring” him out of the cave, and back onto land.

“Figured you weren’t really going to sit this-a one out, now were you brother?” Mario then said, starting a conversation.

“Really? What makes you say-a that?” Luigi asked.

“Hmm, I don’t know, something just-a told me you’d be back,” Mario then started.

“I see...but...where’s the-a airship? I saw you fighting Roy, and we saw the airship earlier, so...I assumed that-a, well...you know…”

“Yeah...that wretched reptile…” Mario began to explain. “They-a knew that I was trying to catch up with the-a airship so we could retrieve the princess, who’s probably already being transported to Dark Land by now...and so Roy apparently jumped ship, specifically with the sole-a purpose of stalling for time…”

“Oh-a no…So...we’re not going to catch the-a airship?”

“Yeah...and I should have-a known...known that thinking we could catch a moving aircraft on foot was an-a idea...but eh, I guess that’s a me...impulsive…”

“Do you think...maybe we should-a head back to Toad Town and regroup?”

“...Yeah...that’s what I'm-a thinking, we don’t need to-a be in any sort of a hurry I’d think, I mean, what’s the-a worst Bowser has ever done to Peach while she’s held hostage?”

“...make attempts at a forced-a marriage? Twice?” Luigi pointed out.

“...True…” Mario realized. “...But...it’s not-a like she is being tortured there or anything…”

“Or-a worse…”

“Luigi...that’s-a...nevermind,” Mario began, then cutting himself off. “let’s-a head back to Mushroom Town, take a rest, recuperate, and-a figure out what we’re going to do,”

“Sounds like an idea…”

And with that, the Mario bros began to go opposite of the way they came, back through the sunset hills, back to the civilization of Toad Town, to work towards what their next step would be.

“Between the varying circumstances in occurrence, to the Mosaic Group’s leave of absence, to the discovery made of the wacky scientist, E.Gadd, to the recurring of what was clearly a cliche with the princess, as well as the mysterious green-clothed reptilian that a green-clothed hero meet, there was certainly a lot that had now come our heroes’ ways, how would this all unfold? The answers will come...in time…”

To Be Continued...

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mosaic Adventures(No Joke This Time, Chapter 10)

Postby PersonNamedUser » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:20 pm

So we've finally reached a double digit chapter count...
Pieces To The Puzzle Part 3: show
“Our tale continues...”

I: Map Pinpoints

Link, having just emerged from the other side of the warp pipe, arrived at his destination, Desert Land. After scouting the surrounding area a bit, seeing only sand, question blocks, cactus, etc. Two things were clear from this, for one, it was clear he was in Desert Land, and second...he was clueless on where he should go from here.

“No notable landmarks are really around here I’m starting to remember…at least from what I’d know...” Link thought to himself.

“How am I going to find the place...maybe the map?”

Link, after consulting the old map he was given, saw some details on it. He saw that on the map was a large structure, this most definitely being the pyramid, and that it was surrounded by what looked to be a forest of palm trees and a lake of water...an oasis.

“That scientist person was right...this thing really isn’t that useful…”

He then folded the map and put it back in his pocket.

“At least I know that it’s in an oasis…not many other details though...”

“But where...only have been in this world for about...a bit over a year by now, don’t really know it as well as the hyrule field or anywhere like that…”

After contemplating what to do for a bit longer, it quickly ticked.

“...maybe I should just get directions from the locals if they know the specific pyramid i’m looking for?” Link eventually concluded.

As such, after looking around a bit more, he saw from afar what looked to be a desert town, and as such headed towards it.

He saw several different buildings around too, mostly made of sandstone and the like, with what looked to be stone and wooden doors plastered on them, after further inspection of the buildings, one having a sign stuck out on the side, a fire flower imprinted in color. one having a sign of a blue bed on it, most likely an inn or something of the sort. But by looking around long enough, realized he wasn’t really finding anything around to help.

“There’s really no guides in town huh? No directory...No regional map...not even a fortune teller as far as I can tell…”

After further thought and seeing the civilians around, it quickly clicked what the next logical step was.

“Guess I should talk to the townspeople given there doesn’t seem to be a specific place set up from what I can see…has helped out many times in the past.”

After asking several different people in town about the pyramid and oasis he was looking for, he got very vague answers from pretty much all of them, none really helpful.

“...so no one seems to know what it is that I’m looking for huh...how am I going to do this…”

“Hmm, maybe I should just take a rest at the inn and think about this later...sleeping on the tree wasn’t really what I’d call ‘quality sleep’, and besides…-”

“Psst, hey you…” a voice called out to Link.

“Someone calling me?”

“Yes, you in the tunic, back here,” The voice called again, Link turned to the source to see who it was.

It was a Koopa Troopa wrapped in a cloak, covering their face and body all the way down to their shoes.

Link found the fact that this Koopa was present somewhat odd, but given he was desperate, decided to give them a chance and walked over to them.

“So...who are you?” Link asked.

“Not important, but what is important is that I overheard you talking about wanting to look for a pyramid within an oasis, correct?”

“Um, yeah...why?”

“You’re in luck,” The koopa responded, then pulling out what seemed to be a map. A map of Desert Land to be exact, with a trail of red lines on it leading somewhere.

“What’s the illustration meant to entail?” Link asked.

“Should be obvious, it’ll give you at least some form of guidance on what may be the place you’re trying to find…”

“What’s your price?” Link asked.

“Anything worth something currency wise…” the Koopa responded.

“Okay...would this do?” Link asked, then pulling out of his pocket a familiar, green, six-sided crystal-like gem, a Rupee, presenting it to the koopa.

The koopa was left speechless among seeing Link pull this out, being very unfamiliar with Link’s form of currency, but eventually was able to utter a response.

“Y-You keep the map! I’ll take it!” The koopa responded, quickly snatching the gemstone and practically throwing the map into Link's hand.

“Thanks for the map,” Link expressed.

“Don’t mention it, thanks for this exquisite gemstone…”

“See ya I suppose…” Link responded.

“Goodbye,” the koopa replied, waving as Link made his way in the direction the map guided and out of the town.

In following this map, Link went through a number of different things throughout the desert, past a number of question blocks, platforms, warp pipes, platforms, and the like, not without having to fight a number of koopa-troop aligned goombas and koopas along the way as well as dealing with some of the creatures that dwelled within Desert Land such as Pokeys, Chain Chomps and the elusive Fire Snakes.

Soon enough, after following the red marks on the map to the end of where they guided, after taking a look around, Link realized the map didn’t bring him to the Oasis.

“Even with that map...no sign of the pyramid huh…” Link thought to himself, somewhat bummed, and continued to wander up ahead.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have given him that Rupee, especially given that map-”

At that moment however, Link, by looking ahead, saw something peculiar…. Green grass...and a forest of palm trees.

“...or maybe not...could that be it?” Link then thought, seeing this.

The green-tunic’d pioneer, seeing this decided to make his way up to where he was arm length distance from the palm tree woods.

“...is this where that pyramid is?” Link questioned, giving his map from E. gadd a peak. “The map details seem to match…. Hmm...I consider myself an adventurer, it’s pretty clear what to do, what did I come out here for anyway?” Link then told himself. “Here goes…” he then said, making his way into the palm trees woods.

For the most part, exploring the oasis went smoothly, and soon enough, he made it to a clearing where he saw the very thing he came out here to find. A large pyramid, notably rather run down. as stated by the previously meet E. Gadd had informed, it indeed looked ancient.

“Wow, so it’s really here…. May as well investigate.”

Link scouted the structuring and design of the pyramid, seeing if, on its multiple layers, each with a walkway, he could find an entrance of some kind.

Soon enough, around the center, he found it sealed shut, with some mystical-looking markings on them.

“Hmm, there should be a secret switch or button somewhere to open this,” Link thought, being used to puzzles like this.

He started by looking on each layer of the pyramid steps to see if there was any pressure plate that could be stepped on or panel that you could push your hand against, finding nothing.

He then decided to go back down to the location of the entrance, remembering a detail there, this being that there was several pairs of large pillars on either side to the entrance.

He made it back to the entrance, and began to investigate the pillars, wondering if there’d be some kind of detail not meeting the eye on them.

And quickly enough, on the pillar in the second row to the entrance, to the left, he noticed it, a spot hidden on it that looked separate from the rest of the pillar.

“Hmm, this looks like it could be something…” Link thought upon seeing this detail.

Thinking it was what he thought it was, he pressed his hand on it. The separated area indeed let back from the force of his hand.

Upon doing so, an eye-catching spectacle took place. The lining of the panel glowed a distinctive light shade of blue. And upon looking at the entrance of the door, several previously unlit cracks in the wall slowly filled with this same blue lighting, eventually reaching the previously locked door, which then slid open. There was nothing blocking the way in now.

“That did it…” he thought. “Well...time to head in,” he then thought, heading through the now opened entrance to the ancient structure, intent on seeing what could be discovered within it.

Meanwhile, at Toad’s Whereabouts...

The mushroom midget had made it through the pipe, and had stepped foot into the land of the dinosaurs, Dinosaur Land to be exact, specifically in Donut Plains.

“So...I think Dino Mountain is north of here?” Toad thought aloud. “Well atleast based on memory and what the map shows it does,” he continued, looking at the way the map was laid out.

“No point in stalling. let’s get over there,” Toad thought, then starting to make his way north.

Traveling in this manner for a while, nothing too notable happening along the way, other than the fact that he came across a berry bush, and, having a feeling he should do so, plucked a fair number of the berries. And soon enough, the momentous slope rested before him. Dino Mountain.

Upon seeing this, a sudden wave of nervousness and fright overtook Toad, only now realizing what it is that he signed up for.

“What...what was I thinking?” Toad thought. “Why did I agree to this…” his thoughts continued.

“...Why did I agree to climb a mountain…a dangerous, trechnous mountain? In a land of big...gargantuan...reptiles. Alone?”

Nerve continued to run through Toad’s mind in this manner for a good while, but eventually, another thought came about.

“No...No Toad...you came this far, don’t turn back now.”

Toad then took a deep breath, not that it made him feel any better at all, and then looked around for a way up the mountain. He quickly found a wall of rocks that could be used as footholds, and began his climb up.

As he made his way up the mountain with a fair amount of difficulty, he eventually made it to a decently large footholding, and decided to look up again, seeing how much further up ahead he had to go.

He saw that he still had quite a ways to go before he made it to the top; the spot the map he had acquired led him.

“Oh man...I’ve only just started climbing this mountain...and i’m already exhausted…. There’s gotta be a faster way up...”

Toad then, on the large platform he had wound up on began to look around, see if there was anything to do so.

“Maybe there’s a warp pipe to the top...or a flight based power up like a P-Wing...or propeller mushroom...or something of that sort…”

As he continued to search however, he found none of the distinctively question marked blocks; only brick blocks or blocks already opened.

“Nothing around here...What will I…” Toad began to think, then something caught his eye in front of him.

II: DINO Mountain

There were several creatures up ahead, three to be exact. They were small, blue in color, and white on their bellies. They had red shoes or something of the sort that covered their feet and red, rounded spikes that ran along their back, and like Rexes, Yoshis, or other dinos of that caliber, had a pair of eyes positioned at the top of their heads.

“Those...those small dinosaurs over there...they...kinda look like...those ghostly dinos the marios and the princess saw a lot in the haunted houses here in dinosaur land....except that...they're alive…” Toad continued to think. “Aren’t...aren’t they called...Kuribins?” Toad’s thoughts ran. “...wait, no, Kuribons…” Toad recalled.

As these thoughts ran, Toad quickly decided to hide behind some nearby rocks.

“...how would these guys react if they saw me...a mushroom person here? I...I’d rather not know…”

“What are you saying Toad, if they bother you, you can deal with them,” Toad told himself, then deciding to stop hiding, began to go by the small dinos.

Rather quickly however, the Kuribons took notice of Toad’s haste and looked over in his direction, in which Toad froze, making eye contact with them.

The reptiles, also staying in place, eyed Toad for a while, seemingly awaiting what he’d do.

“Huh...they seem harmless…” Toad thought.

He stood, eying the dinos back for a while longer, and this continued for a bit of time.

“They don’t seem to be doing anything,” Toad then thought, beginning to walk. “Don’t mind me, just passing through,” Toad stated aloud, hoping it’d keep the Kuribons away, which it seemed to, as they only continued to watch him, keeping a distance.

Toad then continued to look for ways up the mountain, eventually catching the eye of what seemed to be a somewhat steep slope leading further up the mountain.

“That looks to be a good path up…. Only issue is...could I really climb a slope that steep on my own?” Toad thought. “Hmm, dunno, maybe there’s-”

It was then that, to Toad’s surprise and shock that a loud sound echoed throughout the peaks of the mountaintop; this sound was none other than a roar.

Frightened by the booming cry, the nearby Kuribons flead, quickly leaving behind the mountain platform and scurrying off elsewhere.

“Wh...what’s that?” Toad thought aloud, fearful of the source of the roar himself.

As Toad continued to listen, there then began loud, pounding thuds. Based on the “rhythm” of them, they seemed to be footsteps, footsteps of some kind of large creature, and they seemed to be getting closer and closer to where Toad stood.

“Where...could it be?” Toad thought to himself. “Whatever it is-Toad said as he began to head away from it-I better find a place to-”

Before he could finish his sentence however, it was then that he heard a thud again; far louder than any of the ones beforehand. and not only that, but it sounded that it was RIGHT BEHIND HIM.

Realizing there most likely wasn't a point in fleeing now, Toad decided now was the time to decipher what exactly was behind him.

And there he saw it, it was indeed a large creature like he thought it was. It had a blue-green body, four limbs, each of which ended with three white toes, several pink spikes that ran along it’s back, a short tail, and a head shaped somewhat like that of a ceratopsian, but lacking horns of any kind. And on their head above the snout, a pair of oval shaped, white eyes.

And not soon after, two more smaller dinos with very similar features and physiology jumped up to the creature’s level as well.

“O-Oh no...a Dino Rhino...and...Dino-Torches...didn’t Mario once say he narrowly avoided being eaten by one of them in a circus trap set up by Bowser?”

As these thoughts ran in Toad’s mind, the three dinos all looked his way and stared.

Toad gulped, still nervous, but tried to calm himself down.

“M-Maybe they’re friendly like the Kuribons were?”

Toad then began to slowly make his way around them, in which they continued tracing his movements, not taking their eyes off of him.

“H-Hello Dino...group...family...congregation...g-gang...don’t mind me…” Toad tried to play off. “J-just a regular old mushroom person minding their own business...following a dusty old map…. Right in my hand...right here,” Toad then said, taking out and showing the map to them.

“So with that said, y-you guys do you...I’ll do me...y-you got th-”

Before Toad could finish trying to convince the Rhino-like dinos to not bother him, all three of them’s mouths gapped open wide. They had all fired a stream of blazing hot fire Toad’s direction.

Quickly taking notice of this, Toad frantically made a dive to the side, dodging the flames, then briefly checked the map wasn’t burned. Seeing it wasn’t, he quickly tucked it away.

“T-They aren’t friendly…” Toad realized.

The two dino-torches that rode the dino rhino then unmounted their larger brethren, and the three did what looked to be communicating.

Toad observed this, both puzzled and worried at what this was about.

Once the trio of dinos stopped speaking to one another, the two dino torches just stood in place, looking Toad’s way, while the Dino-Rhino began to scrap the heel of their foot along the ground.

“Oh dear stars…” Toad thought, realizing what was about to happen.

As Toad thought would happen, the Dino-Rhino then began charging right at Toad. Behind the Dino-Rhino, the two Dino Torches seemed to be lying in wait for some reason or another, but despite catching eye of this, Toad waited for the Dino-Rhino to be not too far from him, and then, with anxiousness, dodged by jumping over it.

The dino took notice of their target’s leap and quickly broke their movements.

As Toad fell back down, the two dino torches looked up to his direction, mouths open, and blasted him with fire balls.

Toad was able to narrowly maneuver around them, and upon landing decided to try to focus on dealing with the dino torches first.

As he ran the Dino-torches’ directions, the Dino Rhino that had previously made a ramming attempt had turned around, and shot a large fireball Toad’s way.

Toad noticed the fireball, and dodged it, the fireball nearly hitting a dino torch instead, but also missing.

Given this, Toad continued to rush in the Dino-Torches’ direction and quickly gave one of them a hard kick, knocking them down. Despite the hard hit, they were able to get back up again.

As the Dino-Torch recovered, the other fire breathing dino shot another flaming ball in Toad’s direction, which Toad once again narrowly evaded.

The stray fire ball hit the recently struck dino-torch, knocking them down once again, this time, knocking the Dino-Torch out cold.

With one dino down, Toad had slightly more confidence about being able to deal with the two remaining dinos, and decided first to try to focus on the other dino-torch.

While he stood on guard trying to think however, the Dino-Rhino was on it’s way once again and was rushing Toad’s way.

Toad, thinking this would help him, not remembering earlier, jumped on top of some nearby brick blocks, thinking it’d help him.

“Shouldn’t be able to reach me up here…” Toad thought.

Toad was wrong, as shown when the Dino-Rhino, with just a slight running start, lept up and smashed the blocks toad stood on from below, breaking his foothold, in which he then plummeted back down, landing on his back, face to the ground.

Toad quickly looked up and saw the rhino-like beast looking right at him, growling aggressively.

Seeing this, Toad fearfully scurried backwards as the creature then tried to bite him several times, which he did so to avoid such.

After eventually getting back on his feet, seeing that the dino had actually backed him into a corner, saw the high up mountains behind him, he had to think of a way out of this.

Which after quick thinking, jumped atop the Dino Rhino.

The Dino-Rhino quickly noticed and threw Toad off immediately, in which the latter then landed on the ground, next to the Dino-Torch from before.

The small fire breathing reptile took the opportunity to get in an attempt at barbequing Toad, but with quick reflexes, Toad once more evaded the fire stream.

Toad saw a nearby warp pipe, and got the idea that this was his ticket out.

But then he realized that the pipe actually lead DOWN the mountain, not up, like he was headed, so that wasn’t the option here.

Toad then further began to think outside the box, then getting an idea.

The two dinos were once again on their way, and this time around, the Dino-Torch tried to rush at Toad and tackle him.

Toad stood still in wait for the Dino-Torch to be in reach to enact his idea.

Once the critter’s feet had left the ground, having made their jump for their attack, Toad quickly wrangled the reptile by it’s right ankle and began to spin them around in a circular manner, to the dino’s shock.

Toad spun around like this for a while. The four-legged dinosaur attempted to wriggle free in him doing this, to no avail.

After building up enough momentum, Toad hurled the small dinosaur, tossing them head first into the warp pipe at a rapid speed, inducing a hard concussion; knocking the dino out in one fell swoop.

“That only leaves me with one more to deal with...the big one…” Toad thought to himself, still somewhat nervous.

Toad looked back behind him and saw there was the large ceratopsian, ready to charge once more.

As this occurred Toad began losing focus, but then saw behind the dino rhino a couple things. These things being a question block, and next to the question block, the steep slope that he had seen earlier.

“I should try to open that question block…” Toad thought, given that all of the other blocks around either were already opened or too far for him to reach.

The large quadruped had finished preparing for a charge and was now charging at Toad head on.

Toad then, taking a quick breath ran towards the Dino Rhino and lept over it. The Dino Rhino was quick to notice and began to stop, starting to turn around once more.

Toad had landed and was making a straight sprint for whatever it was that was in the question block.

As he did so, the Dino-Rhino fired off another large fireball, which, nearly hitting Toad, still knocked him down.

Seeing that it’s target was crippled once again, it began to, without charging, rushed Toad’s way.

Toad, with a bit of difficulty shook it off, and seeing the dino rapidly approaching, hastily closed what distance stood between him and the golden block and unboxed it.

In the box...something started growing out of it, which even stopped the Dino-Rhino, being somewhat curious about what it was. This something that grew out was a vine.

“Looks like my ticket out of here…” Toad thought as the vine grew.

Toad then noticed something...the vine stopped growing. It had hit a small foothold on the mountain, and as such it only grew a measly five feet; nowhere near enough distance to make a significant amount of ground between him and the reptilian below.

“No...no it isn’t…” Toad then realized.

Toad then began to panic, as the Dino Rhino wasn’t too far away now and had just now begun to come back to its senses after seeing the vine momentarily.

Trying to think of what to do, it suddenly hit him, a crazy, out of the box idea.

He first started by plucking the vine from the block.

After doing so, the Dino Rhino was preparing another fireball for him, and then fired it.

Toad dodged it by simply making another jump, being very careful for the vine he grabbed to not get burned.

As the Dino Rhino prepared to charge again, Toad saw this as his opportunity, he saw a nearby short hill, high enough to create a wall, but low enough to jump on.

Toad hustled over to the hill, and waited for the reptilian beast to charge.

Soon enough, the rhino-resemblant dino rushed his way. Waiting nervously for the right moment to move, just before the dino rhino hit him, he jumped up to the elevated hill.

As a result, the Dino Rhino crashed face first into the side of the hill, being largely dazed by the impact.

“Now’s my chance…” Toad thought, then leaping onto the dizzy reptile, mounting it and drawing the vine along it’s mouth, for leverage.

The large-bodied ceratopsian came back to its senses, and noticed Toad on it’s back, assuming the worst, the creature then began to roar loudly, making violent attempts to throw Toad off.

Toad held on for a while until the Dino-Rhino stopped resisting, showing that he wasn’t going to harm it now.

And as such, the Dino-Rhino eventually stopped, in which Toad, through some sign language and reasoning, made a deal with the Dino-Rhino.

“N-No...I-I’m not trying to floss you...” Toad first said aloud.

He then explained through his signs that he needs a way to get up the mountain, but doesn’t feel confident in being able to climb a steep slope like the one that’s right there over, wondering if he could give him a ride up.

He offers in return that it and the dino torches that he just knocked out, can have every berry he has in his bag, all of them being berries that cannot be found on the mountain.

The Dino-Rhino seemed to consider the deal for a moment, and eventually decided it'd accept.

And as such, starting at the steep slope, the Dino-Rhino began to give Toad a climb up, the latter of which kept the vines in the former’s mouth, as a way of keeping a grip and not falling off.

Meanwhile, At Mushroom Plains…

III: Shortcuts and Cutoffs

As the Mario Bros. had planned, being unable to catch the airship at the hills, headed back to Toad Town. It is here in which they then begin to discuss what it is that their plan should be on saving the princess this time around.

“Okay brother...we’re-a here, what’s the-a plan?” Luigi asked.

“I’m-a thinking, I’m-a thinking…” Mario responded, and as such tried to think in his mind about what their next move should be about how to go about things. Eventually, after further thought, he updated his brother on things. “I...don’t-a know to be honest,” Mario eventually responded. “I’m not-a really good at coming up with complex strategies, I usually just dive in first and ask-a questions later…”

“Yeah...you-a do do that alot…”

“Well...I-a do, and it-a works...usually…”

Luigi was quiet for a bit, but continued. “So you don’t-a know what we should-a do?” Luigi then questioned.

“Yeah...I’m drawing an-a blank…”

“Well...I don't have any good ideas my-a self…” Luigi replied and added. “And not gonna lie...I could go for an-a pizza pie right now…”

“It is around-a lunch time…” Mario answered. “And you know, I am a bit hungry my-aself….” After some further thought, Mario continued. “Know what, let’s-a go get a bite to-a eat, and while we’re there, think of what our next-a move is…” Mario eventually concluded.

“Okay...that sounds-a good…” Luigi responded, as the two looked for a local pizza place, eventually spotting one in the form of Pizza Of Mushrooms, a pizza place chain around the kingdom. Seeing it, they pushed aside the double doors and headed in.

Within the interior of the building, they found much of what was to be expected within what’d normally be expected in a pizza place; something like what they’d see in their hometown back in Brooklyn.

At the register they saw a Yoshi in a red-white uniform taking orders. There however currently was no line, so the Mario bros had nothing to wait on and went straight to the counter, the Yoshi being shocked to see them here.

“Hey buddy,” Mario said to the cashier, being familiar with this one specifically with how often he came to this spot. “The-a usual please.”

“Oh, um...sure! Coming right up,” The front-desk managing dino responded, then heading over to a back room, telling the order to the workers there.

“Guys, the Mario Bros are here, you know what that means, give them the Marios’ special.”

As the Mario Bros looked for a place to sit, quickly finding one and making their way over to it, they made a few comments to one another.

“It’s-a crazy that we’ve become so-a recognized here over the years that they named an-a special after us…” Luigi started off.

“Isn’t it?” Mario responded. “But hey, only-a right they give us something to show thanks, not like we’re being-a paid to do this…”

“Mario…”

“Wha? I was just-a saying…”

“Don’t-a worry about it…”

“...Okie dokie…”

After some brief silence, Mario picked things up again.

“While we’re-a waiting, we should get back to the-a subject and figure out what we’re-a going to do.”

“Yeah, any-a ideas yet?”

“Not really…”

“I just thought of something...should we-a inform the Mosaic Group on what’s-a going on?” Luigi suggested.

“...that’s an-a really good idea, maybe they’ll-a even have an idea regarding what to-a do,” Mario responded in agreement.

As such, Mario got out his phone and dialed Mosaic, then awaiting an answer.

Meanwhile, at Sarasaland...

“So Mosaic, think you can quickly go over what the plan here is?” Hoops asked Mosaic.

“Sure Hoops,” Mosaic responded. “So on the first day of our trip, so yeah...today. We’re going to take the Ferry, which should take us to the capital of Sarasaland, City Sarasa. We’ll meet with Princess Daisy assuming there’s no complications, do some other things there for the day like checking out the Circuit there, maybe even see a kart race or such, and on the second day, take the Ferry back. When we get back, we’ll go on the tour around Birabuto that they seem to be having on a daily basis.”

“Sounds good, after?”

“After staying at a local hotel or inn on the second day, we’ll probably take the railway system that seems to exist around Sarasaland, correct Rosy?”

“Yeah, there should be one.”

“And then throughout the week, pay visits to the other kingdoms and attractions that are around here.”

“Well okay, so where is the Ferry we’re taking?” Hoops asked.

“I’m pretty sure I saw a directory or such earlier, and based on that, it should be north of us I think.”

“Well okay, let’s ge-”

It was at this moment that, picking up Mario’s call, Mosaic’s phone began going off.

“Another call already?” Mosaic said, pulling his phone back out and checking who it was. “It’s Mario again…”

This intrigued the four, but regardless, Mosaic gave the call an answer.

“Hello?” Mosaic said.

“Hey-a there Mosaic so umm, I have some...news to-a deliver to you.”

“News? What kind?”

“Well...let me-a lay it onto you.”

“Okay…”

“Well first off, the group has split-a up, i’m with Luigi, and Toad and-a Link are alone as of now.”

“Wait, why did you guys split up? Weren’t you looking for the pieces?”

“They...did what?” Hoops added to the conversation.

“That’s...just-a it...the...the princess was kidnapped...again.”

“Oh…” Mosaic responded. “I was wondering when that’d happen again with how much you guys told me it does…annoying...”

“So me and Luigi are-a trying to rescue her again while Toad and-a Link are looking into these-a two locations E. Gadd told them to check-a out, and...we’re in an-a snag…”

“Wild guess from me...did you try to catch a moving aircraft on foot?”

Mario was silent, shocked that Mosaic guessed that, but responded. “...Y-yes actually...what made you think that?”

“Saw it happen in a rushed 3d platformer video game one time…”

“Oh...I-a see…” Mario responded. “But anyway, we’ve now-a stopped at Toad Town to regroup and-a figure out if there’s is an-a way to quickly make it to Dark Land.”

Luigi then chimed in. “Yeah...me and-a brother have tried to figure something-a out, but we got-a nothing, so this is why we’re-a asking you guys about-a this.”

“Faster ways to travel? Hmm…umm...” Mosaic responded, then trying to think of something. “Do you know any shortcuts to Dark Land?” Mosaic eventually asked.

“Not off-a hand no…” Mario responded.

“Like, no warp pipe, no cannon, no planes, nothing?”

“Nope…” Luigi replied.

“Hey Mosaic, what are you guys talking about?” Hoops asked.

“Oh umm, alot…” Mosaic answered.

“Maybe you guys could put the phone on speaker?” Rosy suggested.

“Hmm, good idea,” Mosaic responded, clicking the speaker button.

“You-a there Mosaic?” Mario asked.

“Yeah, I was just talking to the group…”

“So to ask again, you guys have no ideas of how to quickly make it to Dark Land without taking the long route?”

“None…” Luigi responded.

“Hmm...do you guys have access to a Warp Whistle?” Hoops added in.

Being shocked by this suggestion by Hoops on both ends, there was a moment of silence from everyone, having not thought of this as of yet.

“A...Warp whistle?” Mario asked.

“Yeah...those things you can blow into and have them warp you wherever you want. they have this orange-brown color?” Hoops replied, trying to see if Mario knew what he referred to.

Mario was just silent in regards to this.

“Mario? Something wrong?” Mosaic asked.

“No, there-a isn’t...it’s just…” Mario began. “I’ve heard of them...but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one…”

“Didn’t we-a actually find some kind of orange-brown whistle in that-a circumstance of navigating the-a Mushroom Kingdom lands to help the kings?” Luigi said.

“I think I-a might actually remember something like-a that…” Mario responded.

“Well, do we still-a have something like that?”

“Wait, you mean you guys have actually seen one of these things before?” Hoops asked.

“I...think I-a vaguely remember finding something like-a that from a toad one time…like, it was long before I met any of you-a four,” Mario then said. “But to answer Luigi’s-a question, I don’t think I-a have it anymore because I-a-”

“‘Threw-a it away because he thought it-a was a scam’, i’m calling it, that’s what he’s gonna say...” Hoops predicacted.

“Threw-a it away because I thought it-a was a scam.”

“Agh! I called it!” Hoops said, disappointed to hear it. “Welp, I don’t where you guys are going to find another whistle, so I guess that crosses off that option to-”

“Wait a minute...I just thought of something Mario and Luigi could do,” Rosy suddenly brought about. “Could I get some words in?”

Sighing, Hoops responded. “...I guess you can get some words in…”

“Sure you can Rosy,” Mosaic replied, holding the phone closer to Rosy.

“So given what I thought of, here’s my idea,” Rosy began. “What if you guys were to travel through Subcon to get to Dark Land?”

“What if we were to-a...wait, huh?” Mario began, then realizing what Rosy said. “Wait, why-a Sub-acon?”

IV: Dream Warps

“Remember that one that time all of us, all of you guys, and all of us were in Subcon in a fight with the 8-bits, and while we were there, found a Subcon door that connected to Water Land despite us only traveling about ten miles or so when we were there?”

“Wait a minute…” Mosaic realized. “Yeah, Rosy is right, I remember we were surprised to find it, as Water Land was literally hundreds, if not thousands of miles away from when we entered the subcon door I believe.”

“Wait, how could-a that have happened?” Luigi wondered regarding this.

“Don’t quote me on this, but I believe at school over in Subcon, there was something we were told about how like...i’m not sure what it was, but I think it was about how, I believe...given the dimensional properties of Subcon are very different from that of the dimension of like...the Mushroom Kingdom or the like, travel in Subcon covers far more distance than travel in the place we are now, the Mushroom Kingdom of course.”

“Wow...that’s-a something…” Mario responded.

“So basically in simpler terms, I think what it means is that one foot of travel in Subcon is three meters where we’re all standing...probably more than that…”

“So...if we were to-a travel through Sub-acon and get to Dark-a Land that way, given the connections that the-a two dimensions seem to-a have, does that-a mean…” Luigi asked.

“Yeah...I think it means you’d guys would make it to Dark Land a lot quicker,”

“Well I guess it’s-a simple as-a that, we’ll just find a door in Subcon that goes to-a Dark Land, easy as-a pizza pie!” Mario declared.

“Speaking of pizza pie...I think our-a order is ready Mario...be right-a back…” Luigi said, getting up from his seat.

“Only one issue with your “perfect” plan that you gave to them Rosy,” Hoops said.

“Oh? What is-Oh, I think I know what it is…” Rosy questioned, then quickly realized what the issue was.

“Yeah...do we even know a door in Subcon that heads to Dark Land? Or if there even is one?” Hoops pointed out.

Hearing this, Mosaic just asked himself. “Well do you guys know any door to get there?”

Mario then thought for a bit and responded. “We...We-a don’t actually…” he eventually admitted, realizing how impulsive of him it was to jump the gun so fast.

“Welp...back to the drawing board I guess…” Mosaic said.

Luigi by now had returned to the table, the pizza ready to eat, and asked how things were going on a plan.

“Not-a good...we still don’t-a know what to do…”

“Oh-a no...hopefully we-a figure out something soon…” Luigi responded.

“Maybe we should go back to my Warp Whistle idea?” Hoops suggested.

Mosaic had thoughts running through his mind as he stayed on the line with Mario and tried to think of something.

“Warp Whistles...Subcon...Travel...Water Land...” thoughts ran. Mosaic thought and thought, and it was when these four words entered his mind and he thought for longer, that it finally hit him. “Wait, I have an idea!” Mosaic shouted.

Mario, who was in the middle of taking a sip of soda, cartoonishly spit it out when Mosaic shouted this on his phone.

“What-a is it? What-a is it?”

“So for starters, do we know where that base was that we fought the 8-bits at that one time?”

“I-a might...it wasn’t that long ago to be-a honest…” Mario answered.

“Okay, so here’s my idea,” Mosaic began. “What if we were to head back to where that base is, and see if we can find that door to Water Land?”

“Huh? Why-a Water Land?” Mario asked.

“My idea is that you guys go there, and see if you can get a warp whistle from someone that’s living there, there’s a lot of Toad houses there after all, and you’d know that they always have crazy stuff they hide there…”

“You-a got that-a right…” Mario said in response to the Toad house bit.

“And assuming they do, use THAT to warp to Bowser’s Castle?” Mosaic explained.

“What if they don't have-a one though?” Luigi brought up, scared of the worst happening.

“Well...we’re desperate here, we’ve exhausted our other ideas, so that’s the best I can suggest to be honest,” Mosaic replied.

“Hmm...I think we should-a give it-ta shot,” Mario responded.

“So I guess it’s settled, head to Subcon, find the shortcut to Water Land, get the whistle, alright?” Mosaic asked to affirm.

“I think-a so,” Mario responded.

“...I...I-a guess…” Luigi added.

“Hey Luigi, don’t worry, you can do it, you and Mario always do,” Rosy dropped in.

“...Okie Dokie…” Luigi replied.

“Anyway, we’ve got a ferry to catch, good luck with the plan, hope all goes well!” Mosaic then said, intent on ending the call.

“Okay Mosaic, hopefully you and your-a group enjoy your vacation, see you next time!”

“Bye bye!” Luigi said.

“Adios,” Hoops said, trying to be clever.

“May the stars be with you!” Rosy gave as her parting words.

Berry then quickly got off a bye in his language before things cut off, realizing he sat out the entire conversation.

After Berry got in his goodbye, Mosaic hit the “End Call” option, ending the conversation.

Back To The Marios…

“Good thing that-a worked out,” Mario said. “Let’s-a finish our-a pizza, and get out-a there.”

“Yeah…” Luigi added.

As the brothers planned, they finished up their pizza, left their check and tip in a considerable amount of gold, blue and silver coins and rushed out the door.

“So...do we remember where the-a Sub-acon door leading us closest to where the old-a base is?” Luigi asked.

“I’m pretty-a sure there is a door to-a Sub-acon east of-a here,” Mario replied. “So, you-a ready? I’m pretty-a sure given we have the Ice and Fire Flower from earlier, we don’t-a have a shortage in regards to power-ups.”

“I’m never-a ready…”

“Sounds like you-a are based on your-a voice, let’s-a get moving.” Mario said, heading to the eastern exit in town.

Mumbling to himself a bit, Luigi followed his brother’s lead.

After traversing the plains for a good amount of time, passing by a lot of the usual scenery, pipes, question blocks, blocky square footholds, grass, bushes, etc. eventually, a large hill stood before the two.

“The Sub-acon door should be-a right on this-a hill I believe,” Mario informed Luigi.

“Okay…” Luigi responded.

“Up we-a go,” Mario said, then starting to scale the hill with Luigi tagging behind.

As they walked up, Luigi made a bit of conversation.

“To be-a honest Mario.”

“Hmm?”

“These plains look kinda familiar, like we’ve been-a here more than once or-a twice.”

“Yeah, I’d-a say you’re right on that-a one,” Mario responded. “We went-a here for a picnic one time, and it was-a then that I think we first-a discovered Sub-acon,” Mario continued.

“We-a did? I thought that was your-a dream…”

“Hmm, it’s-a weird-a case, of how I may have dreamed the adventure...but also went on it-a too?” Mario continued.

“...Huh…”

“I’d-a try not to think too-a hard about-a it.”

“Okie dokie…”

“And since-a then, we’ve gone to-a Sub-acon on a number of occasions, commonly going to these-a plains to take this-a door.”

“And are-a doing this again.”

“Pretty-a much.”

By now, the two had made it up the hill, and with a turn to their left, it is there that the red, rectangle decorated door rested before them. Fittingly, it looked like something out of a dream.

“Let’s-a quickly discuss one last-a time how we’re-a doing this,” Mario began.

“Okay…” Luigi responded, as he paced around near the door.

“So we’re going to-a go into-a Sub-acon…”

“Okay…”

“Find where that old-a base of the 8-bits is…”

“Alright…”

“Find that door to-a Water Land…”

“Okie dokie…”

“And try to get our hands on a warp-a whistle.”

Then beginning to lean on the door, Luigi replied.

“Okay, I guess if that’s what we have to-a do, it’s w-waaaaaaaaa!” he then said, the door surprisingly opening just from him leaning against it, leading to him falling down into Subcon, given there was no solid ground on the other side.

“Mama-mia! I’m-ma coming Luigi!” Mario said, quickly and frantically diving in after his brother, their plan being kicked off just a tad bit sooner than the two expected.

To Be Continued...

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Mosaic Adventures(No Joke This Time, Chapter 10)

Postby King Mario » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Hello there Mosaic! How's the next Chapter coming along?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Chapter 11 time)

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 pm

King Mario wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:34 pm
Hello there Mosaic! How's the next Chapter coming along?
Funny that you ask, it's actually finished.
Mosaic Adventures Chapter 11: Pieces To The Puzzle Part 4: show
I: Dino’s Farewells

Back at Dinosaur Land, Birdo and Yoshi had long arrived at Chocolate Island, and had been seeing the sights that were around. Mainly, the fittingly chocolate-colored hills that could be seen in all directions. Surrounded by a blue ocean from a distance.

At this point, the dino couple had spent an extensive amount of time together and were planning to go their separate ways.

Yoshi first asked Birdo a question to make sure things would go smoothly.

“Do I...have a way back? Yeah...I have a magic potion.”

Yoshi continued.

“It should go to the grassy place of Subcon yeah…”

Yoshi gave another response.

“Y-Yeah...I...think I’ll...I’ll be okay now Yoshi…”

Hearing this, though hesistanting a bit, Yoshi then asked one more question.

“My plans? Well...i’m probably going to head to the desert area of Subcon at sundown, that way I can watch the stars…”

Yoshi then put a word in.

“After? I...I don’t really know…. But I will be seeing my…friend again...relatively soon... at least from what we’ve planned…. Now, that’s enough about me, how about you?”

Yoshi then explained what it is that his plans were to Birdo.

“You’re going to do more on Chocolate Island and then head back to Yoshi’s Island? Sounds great...”

Birdo then took the magic potion she brought along for getting back and threw it on the ground. In the spot that she threw it appeared a red door, like that of what is typically seen for doors heading to subcon.

“See...see you some other time Yoshi...hopefully…” Birdo then said to Yoshi to close things off.

The two go in for a kiss with one another, but quickly find given their face shapes how awkward it is, and as such, settle with an air kiss.

The two dinos then finally, for real went their separate ways, Yoshi staying on Chocolate Island for the time being and Birdo heading back into Subcon.

Meanwhile, at Link’s Whereabouts...

II: Ancient Discovery

Having opened the seal to the old triangle-shaped structure; Link was now, like any explorer would, exploring what it was that was inside.

The ceiling was pretty low, the walls were worn; and in general, it seemed that a lot of time had passed since anyone had last been inside.

“What’s in here I wonder?” Link thought to himself. “Let’s find out…”

Link began to investigate the pyramid, walking through slowly. Observing the surrounding walls to see if he could see much of interest.

As he was walking, he suddenly stepped on something and looked below to see what it was.

“A...pressure plate?” Link thought to himself. “What could this be fo-”

At that moment, a chamber on the walls suddenly opened; and out came what seemed to be a statue shaped like a Birdo or the sort; mounted on a stand.

The statue then suddenly out of the snout area shot Link with a fireball, which he quickly dodged. He then quickly dodged another fireball that came his way from the other side; given that from what it seemed, statues were summoned on either side after the trap’s activation.

After avoidance of these statues, not commenting aloud on them, Link continued through the temple halls. While in here, given how things were structured, saw a pit ahead with several platforms a distance apart that could be stood on top of.

By looking into the pit below, Link saw some kind of sand of sorts shifting in place...quicksand.

“...there seems to still be a fair handful of traps here…” Link thought to himself.

As he thought this, he slowly made his way across the sand pits; careful not to fall in.

After conquering later halls of the pyramid, Link eventually hit a dead end.

Except, not exactly.

What he had found was a door; sealed shut and accompanied by a bunch of vibrantly colored square shape panels.

“What might this be?” Link wondered. “Some kind of puzzle?”

Link stepped on one of the panels, trying his curiosity. As a result of Link’s experimentation, the panel made a sound. This sound almost sounded like...a note on a piano or something of the sort.

Link then tested some of the other panels; seeing that they all made musical sounds like the first one did. He then checked the door once again, and observed that it was still locked just as tightly as it was beforehand.

“There isn’t much else I can do with this door at the moment it seems…” Link thought to himself, then looking around; not seeing any other paths leading further in.

“Looks like I’ll have to head back and see if…” Link began to say, turning around to leave.

It was at this moment that Link then saw a kind of small blue light of sorts flickering in the distance behind him.

This sight intrigued Link; and as such, he decided he should investigate and see what the light was. As such, he walked his way over.

The light he realized was, in fact,; a wisp.

“It’s...It’s a wisp…” Link stated. “What are they trying to tell me?” he then said, seeing it was flying around him a bunch, clearly intent on his attention.

As he watched the spirit fly around, eventually; they flew upwards; as this specific spot of the pyramid was more open.

After creating a distance of around five meters from where Link stood; the wisp then began to fly around again; showing Link the way.

“Up there? But how-”

The wisp then showed Link a moving platform on which he could stand that was across the room.

“Hmm...that should do it I suppose.”

Link made his way over to the platform. And once he set foot on it; it began to carry him up to where the wisp had shown. And as such, allowing him to reach the higher areas of the pyramid.

Link then saw another corridor ahead; which the wisp from before began to guide him through; wanting him to see something.

As Link followed, he looked at the walls around him, seeing a number of murals seeming to portray different events that took place.

One was what looked to be a group of dinos of some kind. If they were Yoshis, Rexes, Birdos, or another kind all together was unclear. They looked to be divided into groups, holding a number of different tools and weapons in hand such as spears, rods, and staffs.

Link found curiosity in what this meant to convey, but continued following the lead anyway. He saw more murals of a similar style along the walls showing different things as he continued.

Eventually, Link and the wisp hit another dead end. Torches on either side of it; unlit.

“Another dead end…. So...question...why did you lead me here?”

Answering Link’s question, the wisp then started swirling around a specific area of the wall. Seemingly wanting Link to take a closer look.

Needing a source of light, Link took one of the unlit torches. He rubbed it hard against one of the pyramid’s surfaces, and as such; had a light source now.

Using the lit torch to better see the wall, he saw what it was that the wisp was wanting to show to him.

There was a bunch of text on the wall; written in some kind of ancient, or secret language that he couldn’t understand.

Upon further investigation, he found other intriguing details. There were more of the blue-tinted cracks in the walls; like there was outside the pyramid, and in the middle of the cracks...a spot for...your hand?

“Huh...what’s this about?” Link thought, seeing this.

The wisp then began to point Link to the exact thing he had taken notice of. The hand shaped carving, five fingers.

“Put my hand on it, right?” Link asked.

The wisp gave Link the sign to do so; and as such, Link reached out his hand and placed it in the carving.

The cracks in the wall like before, began to glow. Which, while Link was intrigued, not as much as he was before as he had previously observed it right outside of the pyramid.

Suddenly, the foreign writings on the wall began to glow themselves. And like something out of a movie, shined in a blinding manner; in which of course covered his eyes.

Link eventually uncovered his eyes once he was confident the light was gone, and saw that the scenery around him had changed massively.

He was no longer in the dusty old pyramid walls from before. Instead, he was in some kind of lush, green forest of sorts.

“W-Where am I?” Link wondered.

He then decided to take a look at his hand and realized he was...transparent?

“What’s this about?”

As he questioned his new location as well as conditions, he noticed a blue glow swirling around him.

It was the same wisp from before…

“Huh...you’re still here….”

The wisp then began to fly around a specific group of bushes, guiding Link in said direction.

“You want me to see something over there? ...well...I guess...”

Link followed the wisp to and through the bushes and eventually saw a clearing.

In this clearing, there was a rather large group gathered. Or to be more accurate, several smaller groups creating one larger one gathered.

Based on what could be perceived, it was three different ones. One consisted of Yoshis, one of Rexes, and one of Birdos.

There were further details too however that seemed to distinguish them from normal members of their species; namely in the clothing they wore. The yoshis and rexes both wore robes, the two however being styled in a different manner from each other.

The Yoshis’ ones were more wavy and layered in areas, while the Rexes’ ones were more straightened, not really with layers on them. While the Birdos didn’t wear robes, they all seemed to wear pendants and necklaces of some kind. Despite these differences in wear, one thing the three tribes seemed to have in common was that they all lacked the shoes that two of the three species were practically always seen with in modern day times.

Along with this, Link also noticed that an individual seemed to stick out among each tribe.

There was a Yoshi that wore a purple-black robe, but along with this, a pendant with some kind of symbol on it. this symbol being what seemed to be a circle with a good number of lines protruding from it in multiple directions; all surrounded by another hollow ring.

In the rex tribe was a rex; his body was maroon in color, they wore a blue robe, and a pendant with a different symbol, that; from Link’s angle, he wasn’t able to make out.

The birdo that stood out, though they didn’t have any large differences from the other birdos. They were green in color; suggesting they were a fire breathing member of their species, wore a pendant like the others did, and seemed to be a bit larger than the others were too.

And from what Link could see, it looked that the three tribe “leaders” were in a smaller circle with one another; surrounding some kind of thing being used as a table.

And from what he could see between them, there seemed to be some kind of writing on it with several signatures at the bottom.

“Given our agreement, this day going forward; despite what differences we may have, our tribes shall stand united,” the rex began to say. “Meaning, to keep things simple, what’s yours is mine, be it, resources, land, knowledge, the like. And what’s ours is ours too. Or, you know...however the saying goes...”

This got a bit of a laugh out of the tribal groups, before the conversation was continued with the birdo tribe leader keeping everyone on topic.

“Anyway, tribe,” the birdo leader began. “Referring to all of you, the first thing we’re wanting to focus on is building a settlement on the ground that we stand, understood?”

Though finding things a bit awkward given that the changes on the agreement had just come into effect, the tribes basically understood this.

“Alright, so, I'm pretty sure our blue dino acquaintance knows what it is we’re building the settlements out of; and where we get the materials correct?” the green birdo continued.

“I would...and as we’ve had the time to familiarize with each other...call me Rhea.”

“Well Rhea, as our agreement said, we’ve been provided useful tools by those funnel-mouthed dinos. After your tribe fulfills your end, it’ll be our turn to fulfil our end of the deal,” the rex tribe leader stated.

“Yes it will,” Rhea replied. “Follow our lead,” the dino lady said, turning around, leading the fellow tribes to the “resources” they agreed they’d guide them to.

“Huh...what’s this about?” Link wondered. Curious of where they were headed, Link began to follow. But before he could get far, suddenly, the blinding light came back in, forcing Link to cover his eyes once more.

Once he could open them again, he found that the scenery that had surrounded him previously, the forest of trees, was gone. He was back in the walls of the ancient old pyramid, standing in the room; the same position as before the “vision” came in.

“What was that…. There were several tribes discussing some stuff...about resources, and the like…. But huh...i’m drawing a blank….”

Link easily found his way back out of the pyramid, but after doing so, wondered where he should go now.

“I already explored this place...and there’s not a point in heading back…” Link thought. “Mosaic and his buddies are on vacation, the Marios and Toad aren’t around...and Peach...she’s...I...I hope she’s okay…”

After thinking in this manner for a bit, eventually making his way out of the oasis, he just began to wander the desert plains, not having much else of interest he could think of partaking in at this given time.

III: Breaks, Up and Out

Meanwhile at the Mario Bros’ whereabouts...

The Mario Bros both continued to plummet down to the dream-dimension grassland below, given Luigi’s previous accident in the gateway to said place.

The brothers eventually hit the ground, in which Mario had a pretty steady landing, expecting the long drop. Luigi on the other hand landed on his bottom, clumsy as always.

“Mama-mia…” Luigi said. “Bad-a landing…”

“Well...that’s-a why you gotta watch where you’re-a leaning…” Mario replied. “Now, let’s-a head this-a way; i’m pretty-a sure it’s where the old-a base is,” Mario then said, beginning to lead the way.

After traveling several miles through the familiar dreamland, passing by multiple sets of palm trees, vases, and such that they had grown to be familiar with in Subcon; soon enough, the worn down structure rested before the two brothers.

“Here it-a is…” Mario said.

“I…-a see…”

“Let’s-a find that doorway now, come on Luigi,” Mario then said, heading through the door and inside the building.

Giving a sigh, Luigi followed his brother into the ruined base.

As the duo transversed the base, as would be figured, Of course, given the place was ‘abandoned’, The once lively-halls were anything but that in present day time; In other words, completely barren; Not a single soul in sight.

“This place gives me the-a creeps...it’s too-a quiet…”

“The sooner we-a find that door Luigi, the sooner we can-a be out-a here, don’t-a worry,” Mario said, staying close and putting a hand on his green-capped bro for comfort.

The brothers continued to transverse the empty hallways, mainly just finding the same scenery throughout, the bricked walls, the vases, both grounded and floating, several loose sprouts still stuck in the ground, etc.

Eventually, Luigi picked up the discussion with a question.

“Hey...brother...how are we going to-a find the door when everywhere here looks the-a same?”

“...good-a question actually,” Mario responded as he walked. “I remembered that we-a saw the door SOMEWHERE in-a here, but for exactly-a where…”

“Hmm?”

“I...I don’t re-Ow!” Mario began, then running into something he didn’t notice.

“Oh...you o-akay?” Luigi asked.

“Yeah, I'm-a fine…thanks for-a checking...” Mario responded, slowing down as he looked at what he ran into.

Luigi looked too and commented. “It’s..it’s an-a door…”

“It-a is...may as well see what’s in-aside…” Mario added, in which the two then entered the room behind it.

On the inside the room was rather spacious, several platforms of green blocks along the walls of it. All these details however paled compared to details at the other side of the room, namely, a key, several phantos, and on the wall, a VERY large phanto mask, greenish-gray in color, the eyes shut off.

“It’s an-a key...guarded by-a phantos…” Luigi commented.

“Yeah...it-a is…” Mario added, seemingly lost in thought in that moment.

“Huh, brother, what is-”

“Wait a minute, I just-a remembered something!”

“Wha...what did you remember?”

“When we-a found the-a door that went to Water Land, it was behind a locked-a door.”

“Are...are you-a saying that to get that door again...we...we-a have to…”

“Yeah...I’d say-a so.”

“Mama-mia...are you sure there’s-a no other-a way we can-a do this...like...that you’re not-a remembering wrong or-a something?”

“To be-a honest...I could-a be remembering it-a wrong, but I feel the fact that there’s-a key here means somewhere in these-a halls is a door that’s-a locked. And there’s an-a possibility that behind that-a locked-a door is the warp we’re-a looking for…”

“I...I suppose you’re-a right…”

“And if it-a makes you feel any better, I’ll hold the-a key and be-a careful of the phanto.”

“Oh...thank you…. You sure you can-a handle it?”

“Yeah, for-a certain.”

“Okay...I’ll wait over near the-a door.”

“...Alright,” Mario said, then making his way across the room to the key.

As Mario continued along the room however, Luigi looked ahead and upward; thinking he saw something.

Except that this something he saw didn’t seem clear to view but...seemed to be becoming more and more clear by the moment…

Eventually, what it was that was in the air became so clear that he could make it out.

It was a shy-guy...a shy-guy ghost...they still had the features of a shy-guy, such as the mask and a body shape resembling their normal looks, but they lacked legs; and behind them instead was a trail ending in a “tail” of sorts.

“M-Mario…” Luigi said quietly, but not loud enough for Mario to hear.

After he said this, he began to notice that, around the room, more were appearing; loads more...soon enough, there was about...ten...twenty...no...most likely thirty of the masked ghosts in the air, and many of them seemed to be facing Mario’s direction.

By now, Mario, not seeing the ghost guys, had made it to the pedestal in which the key rested on, and was just now beginning to reach for it.

“Mario!” Luigi then shouted.

Grabbing the key in his hands, ready to run anticipating the phantos, Mario turned around.

“Luigi, what’s-a…” Mario asked, then seeing what it was that Luigi was shouting about. “The-a...problem…”

At this moment, the eyes of the large phanto on the wall began to glow red off and on, and one of the phantos that had been previously stationary on the wall began to move.

The Shy-Ghosts atm, kind of like what boos would do, were covering their eyes given Mario looked their way. But realizing what chaos was about to ensue, Mario quickly rushed past them, escaping pursuit of the phanto as well.

“Run-a for it Luigi!” Mario quickly told his brother as he ran by him and out of the room.

Listening to the advice of his brother, Luigi quickly followed, making haste out of the room as well and in a panic.

As the brothers hustled, more things stood in the way to confuse and throw off their path in small, spherical, shock-inducing creatures. These things being Sparks.

As if the Phanto chasing the two and the large hoard of Shy-Ghosts wasn’t enough to throw the two off, multiple sparks, swiftly scaling along the walls, ceiling, and floors, hindered the plumbers’ paths as well.

Eventually, at a breaking point, the two bros, without even realizing it amidst their panic, ran off in opposite directions.

Luigi found a door leading somewhere else. This very door in fact lead him away from the base, nowhere near it...out of subcon entirely.

Mario on the other hand, like had been his hunch beforehand discovered a door which required a key. Without even thinking, the italian threw the key into the lock and opened the door, rushing his way out of the base and jumping off onto solid dirt...the door was on an elevated spot on the base.

“Whew...that was a close-a one, ay brother?” Mario said, then looking to his side and realizing that Luigi wasn’t with him. “B-brother?

Mario then looked around for awhile, having realized that due to the door being elevated, he couldn’t reach it now and wanted to see if he could find another way in.

However, he found none.

“I...I hope he’s-a fine but...it looks-a like we’re going to have to part-a ways…” Mario eventually concluded, realizing he had no way to reach him now. “And now that i’m-a thinking about it, I feel like the-a door was actually right outside of the-a base, not directly in…. S-See you-a later brother...t-take care of your-a self,” Mario then said, trying to shake off having to leave Luigi behind for the second time, this time seemingly for good as he left the rundown base behind.

As he wandered, he began to think to himself.

“Okay, so...the-a door should be somewhere around-a here...right?” Mario thought to himself.

As he looked around the relatively open field of palm trees on the hill in which he stood, he noticed that on the downward slope of the hill, what seemed to him to be a large red...bow, or such was panning into view.

“Do I recognize...that-a bow…it looks-a kinda...familiar...”

As the bow continued to pan in, soon enough, he saw the wearer of the bow. One pink Birdo.

She looked somewhat down at the moment, but looked up as she walked up the hill, and noticed the plumber, snapping her out of her mood.

“W-Wait...is...that...Is that umm...Mario? Like...the Mario?” Birdo thought to herself, seeing this.

“Hold on...I...I’ve seen that-a Birdo before,” Mario realized. “Hey-a you, you’re...that-a Birdo aren’t you?”

“O-Oh! It is you, and...yeah, I...I am…” Birdo answered.

“You’ve been to alot of my-a parties as well as kart races during competitions we’ve-a had, right?”

“Oh...yeah, I have...often because...Yoshi went to them and…you know.”

“Wait...and weren’t you around to help us out in that circumstance of us trying to stop Peach’s voice from being stolen?”

“...Y-Yeah...my language...was literally explosive for awhile after that I kinda remember…”

“Didn’t you also help this-a...Popple guy for some-a reason at one-a point?”

“Y-Yeah...but...I don’t talk about that…”

“To change the-a subject a bit, were you by any-a chance just on a date with-a Yoshi?

“Yeah...I-I was…”

“Well...did you-a guys enjoy it?”

“I’d….I’d say so…”

“That’s-a good. But anyway, I gotta be on my-a way now, the Princess was captured...”

“Again huh...can’t she catch a break from that?”

“Guess-a not…”

“Well...good luck, I’ll...I’ll be going now…”

“...O-akay...see you-a another time.”

“Goodbye…”

With Birdo’s last comment, the two departed from their brief acquaintance with one another, with Birdo walking by and leaving.

After scouting the surrounding area for a bit, there he saw it. There were several grassy footholds submerged partially within a pond, and on top of one of these footholdings was a door.

“I think that’s the-a door…. Well, here we-a go...” Mario said, then sprinting towards the door.

Meanwhile, at Peach’s whereabouts, aka, Dark Land...

The Koopa Troop had long since arrived at Bowser’s Castle within Dark Land. Peach had been locked upon in the dungeons, the Koopalings and Jr. were doing work around the castle; while Kamek, and their boss, Bowser, aka King Koopa, were in the middle of a discussion on what their next move would be.

“Alright your evilness, so what sho-”

“Please...call me boss,” Bowser interrupted.

“Er...er, alright so umm, boss,” Kamek continued. “Now that we’ve got the princess in the dungeon, what’s the move now?”

“I think you’d know,” Bowser responded, then tapping a single claw-nail on the yellow-tinted shard on his pendant.

“Oh yeah, finding more of those pieces...that would have been my move too...but I thought I should, maybe...check.”

“You bet, so now let’s discuss that,” Bowser continued.

“Okay...so from what I've read your wick-umm, I mean boss; the other pieces of this...I think it was a compass from what I've read, are spread out across the Mushroom Kingdom.”

“Mhmm...go on…”

“And each of the pieces seem to have their own unique colors and properties as well as powers that they bestow upon the holder of them.”

“Sounds perfect.”

“In regards to what powers they give...err, while I don’t know, based on what color the one you’re wearing is, I’d say...that’s the mind shard…”

“As we’ve already figured out.”

“Yeah...boss, it’s crazy to think what you can do with that thing…”

“When my minions are being lazy, well, I’ll just make them do their tasks with this little trinket here. Hahaha.”

“Y-yeah…”

“I could even make the Princess do anything I say...even…-”

“King Dad! King Dad!” a voice interrupted.

“Ah! it’s Jr.” Kamek said, knowing who’s voice it was.

“Oh! Hello there my son, what’d you want to tell me?”

“King dad...wait until you see what I just found digging through junk!” Jr said, having rushed into the throne room; holding his hands behind his back, hiding what he found.

“What’d you find?” Bowser asked the smaller koopa.

“Check it out!” Jr responded, finally revealing the concealed object.

This object was none other than what seemed to be a straight tool with a long, yellow handle. On one side of this handle was a metal guard, in the middle a Bowser. Jr printed emblem. And finally, most notably, at the top, a large clump of bristles decorated in some kind of colorful liquid of sorts. This very thing was a large paintbrush. Not just any paintbrush, but the Magic Paintbrush.

“It’s...It’s...Isn’t that the thing that wacky scientist gave you?” Kamek questioned.

“Yep,” Jr. responded.

“And the thing you framed that annoying, obnoxious red plumber for in that one instance way back?” Bowser added.

“You bet it is King Dad, sure gonna have a lot of fun with this thing next time I see those plumbers and their loser friends!” Jr. replied.

“Sounds like this should be an easy victory for us,” Bowser said with cockiness.

“I wouldn’t be so sure of that...Boss,” Kamek continued. “Remember th-”

Before Kamek could finish however, Bowser began to just give him a glare.

“O-Okay...to get back on topic sir,” Kamek started, trying to ignore what happened. “What do you think should be our plan to track down the other pieces of this compass?”

“Argh, I don’t know,” Bowser responded.

“Well...if this thing King Dad is wearing is the part of a compass, shouldn’t we have a frame to guide us to those other shiny pieces?”

“There is a frame...that we don’t have Jr.,” Kamek explained.

“Oh…” Jr. replied.

Bowser, Jr. and Kamek thought for a bit about how to go about it, continuing discussion further. Eventually, an idea came to Kamek.

“Mmm, I have an idea,” Kamek said.

“Well, what are you waiting for? spit it out!” Bowser demanded.

Within the dungeons of Bowser’s Castle was locked up for the clique-eth time, one prisoner. Princess Peach Toadstool, who was contemplating several things.

“Oh my, oh my...here we go again...just waiting around for the Marios to show up and come to my rescue...again…” Peach thought to herself, sitting around within her cell.

After sitting around for extended periods of time, she eventually came to a realization.

“Wait a minute...I don’t need to sit around waiting for those two to show up...I should try to find a way to break out myself…”

Peach started by looking at the bars of the cell.

“Maybe I can pry them open?” She thought. “Nah...that’s not my style... and I'm not strong enough to do that…”

Peach investigated her holding place further, and noticed something peculiar in one of the neighboring cells.

This thing was none other than a key, lying face up on the floor, and fortunate enough, it was an arm’s length away from Peach’s cage.

“Huh...I could make an easy key pun here, but think I should just take the key,” Peach said. “Looks like Bowser’s still his moronic self, leaving something like that there.”

Peach reached through the bars of the cell for the key, grabbing it easily and then quietly opening it; seeing that the guards at this given moment seemed to be dozing off.

Seeing this, the princess snuck past them. And leading out of the dungeon, saw a hallway branching to the left and to the right.

Careful not to be seen, Peach took a look to the left hall; and then to the right of the hall; and from what she could tell, hunch told her that the hall on the left would lead her out. At first, she played things in a stealthy manner; but eventually, she made it to a large open area of the castle and realized it didn’t matter what she did here, and as such, just made a run for it.

“So it looks like it’s settled, I’ll send an order out to all of our troops across the kingdom to search everywhere for these pieces! The vastest of plains! The highest of hills! The deepest of caves! The darkest of seas! Everywhere!” Bowser exclaimed, repeating the pitched plan.

“That is correct boss,” Kamek affirmed.

“Sounds like a good plan,” Bowser responded. “Glad I thought of it.”

“You mean when I tho-”

“Your wickedness! Your wickedness!” a voice broke out, catching Bowser, Kamek and Jr.’s attention.

The voice came from a Koopatrol, who had frantically rushed to the throne room of his authority.

“That’s Boss for you, underling!” Bowser responded. “...now tell me, what’s the ruckus?”

“T-The, T-The...Princess…”

“What about her?”

“S-She’s...not in the dungeon...she...she seemed to...b...break out…”

Hearing this, the Koopa King stormed off his throne and grabbed the smaller, armor-suited turtle by the neck.

“Then what are you waiting for?! Go get her!” Bowser roared, then dropped the soldier back on the ground.

“O-On it...Boss…” the Koopatrol responded, then heading back out of the throne room to pursue the escaped monarch.

Rushing through halls, jumping platforms, outrunning the Koopa Troop, Peach continued to run as fast as her legs could carry her with a fair amount of difficulty.

Though it was tough to do so, she eventually saw the exit straight ahead...across a drawbridge going straight over a pool of lava…

Peach quickly took a peak behind her as she continued to run, seeing that the large assembly of Koopatrols, Dry Bones, Goombas, Koopa-Troopas, etc. weren’t far off from her.

Peach realized that she had to lose them and buy time someway or another.

It is then that the idea hit her on what it is she should do.

As she continued to run, she pulled out her trusty fry pan that she kept on her for use as a weapon and looked to the side of the drawbridge, looking for the draw. She quickly spotted it.

Upon seeing this, Peach hurled the cooking tool at the draw as hard as she could. The impact of the thrown object did exactly what she had intended to. The draw began to spin around a bunch rapidly, bringing up the drawbridge.

“This is cutting it close...but I need to buy more time….” Peach thought aloud, then proceeding to the next move, being that she jumped the drawbridge as it pulled up.

The stone bridge on the other side wasn’t too far, and with the use of her dress, she is able to slowly glide down to it, having a relatively safe landing.

“This will only buy me a few seconds...but it may be just long enough to lose them…” Peach thought, continuing to rush away from the dark stronghold and into the volcanic wasteland.

All around was more of the same brown, bare soil; leafless trees, lava pools, pipes, and floating question blocks.

Realizing that it wasn’t going to be long at all before the Koopa Troop showed up, intent on recapturing her, Peach quickly hid from view behind a warp pipe.

The squad of troops had pursued the escaped princess to the dark wastelands; and all began looking around for her, with none of them seeing her.

From afar, she noticed one of the troops talking with the others; and based on the lip reading, the assumption the troops made is that she went somewhere else further away from the castle, and all left the area; looking deeper into the plains of dark land.

“It...seems like I’ve lost them,” Peach stated, going out of her hiding place, then examining the pipe she hid behind. She compared this pipe to the other pipes in the area, all of which were red.

The pipe she had been hiding behind however, was yellow.

“Interesting...does this imply I’ll warp somewhere different all together?” Peach wondered. “I’m trying to escape here...may as well figure that out now.”

Peach, wasting no more time, dived down feet first into the yellow warp pipe, completely unbeknownst to where it’d take her.

Meanwhile from afar, in the army of troops sent to retrieve Peach by Bowser...

“I feel a disturbance in the retrieval mission…” One of the Dry Bones said.

“The dino pair brought a close to their date...the green tunic’d explorer uncovered compelling information...the italian brothers had been separated from one another; and the kingdom’s monarch, which an evil turtle tyrant had been holding captive; made a break for it, and succeeded. Where will this tale lead for our crew next? Time will reveal the answer to that question.”

To Be Continued...
double digit higher than ten hype!

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Chapter 11 Time)

Postby King Mario » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Thanks for the new Chapter! I'm looking forward to what's next. Until next time, take care!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Chapter 11 Time)

Postby PersonNamedUser » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:06 pm

King Mario wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm
Thanks for the new Chapter! I'm looking forward to what's next. Until next time, take care!
You're welcome! and that's nice to hear.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

12' O Clock

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed May 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Chapter was the twelve.
Last edited by PersonNamedUser on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Chapter 12 O' Clock or something)

Postby King Mario » Sun May 30, 2021 3:10 pm

Great Job! Keep up the good work, and have a nice day!

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Chapter?

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Last edited by PersonNamedUser on Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Mario
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Mosaic Adventures(Chapter 13...)

Postby King Mario » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi there Mosaic! Nice fair weather here today! How's your story coming along? Chapter 13 was quite a cliffhanger.

Return to “Art Board”