I think it's safe to say...

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Re: I think it's safe to say...

Postby Eri7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:46 am

Electriking wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:21 am
I think it is safe to say if we keep posting as much as we have today, we may postpone the decline of the community.
But we need other users to post as well tho, not the same ones.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 am

BTB wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 am
i think its safe to say yall mothafuckas r gay
okay, thanks for your opinion

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm pretty sure that BTB is attempting to piss some of us off by posting this.... :roll:

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 pm
I'm pretty sure that BTB is attempting to piss some of us off by posting this.... :roll:
It's best to not just acknowledge this at all

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Bitch wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 am
i think its safe to say yall mothafuckas r gay

yaas kweeen slay :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:34 am

It's so funny to me when people say the SMBX community is dying, like have you ever been to the Mother 4 reddit?

SMBX has been dying since 2012 and will continue to die until the climate change enduced apocalypse wipes out humanity and the internet but until then we're all trapped in this hellhole. π•Ώπ–”π–Œπ–Šπ–™π–π–Šπ–—.

ThePieSkyHigh
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: eat trash, die fast

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Yea, there's not too much to keep this alive. Mafia closed (I wasn't part of anything) and there were tons of people going there (although there was a different reason for closure).

I'm not sure how it would still be alive in say 1-3 tops? Maybe? Don't look at me.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 am

ThePieSkyHigh wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Yea, there's not too much to keep this alive. Mafia closed (I wasn't part of anything) and there were tons of people going there (although there was a different reason for closure).

I'm not sure how it would still be alive in say 1-3 tops? Maybe? Don't look at me.
The community has survived for 10? years at least, it isn't going anywhere. There's lots of activity on Discord and a lot of it is distributed among smaller sub-communities. Maybe the platform is changing but the forums will still remain here as a good place to showcase and share levels and episodes (Discord doesn't work too well for that) and honestly there was such little interest left in Mafia it closing had next to no impact on activity

ThePieSkyHigh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:27 pm

PixelPest wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 am
ThePieSkyHigh wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:56 pm

The community has survived for 10? years at least, it isn't going anywhere. There's lots of activity on Discord and a lot of it is distributed among smaller sub-communities. Maybe the platform is changing but the forums will still remain here as a good place to showcase and share levels and episodes (Discord doesn't work too well for that) and honestly there was such little interest left in Mafia it closing had next to no impact on activity
I see. I agree with having this as a way better place for uploading episodes and such

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun May 12, 2019 6:03 pm

I surely do agree with Knux on most this. To me, the activity and especially the creative activity started to decline in 2016.

Since then I noticed that a lot less projects are started and even less are finished. Back when I first registered in january of the year 2013, projects, levels, and graphics got posted literally on a daily basis, and that was just counting one of the two main forums that existed back then (NSMBX and Knuckles96 Forums).

When I count the people that were pretty active and contributing with graphics, projects, levels, contests and other events, etc, from the top of my head, they were Reghrhre, Chad, Valtteri, Natsu/Intuition/Hewie/Masterkyu, Squishy Rex, Jarckius, Darkonius, Airship (or was it Airsheep?), Enjl/Emral, Kyo, Bosseditor/Bossedit8, Mechdragon777, and quite some more whose names I forgot.

These days a new project gets posted barely around a week or so. Even less so for graphics. In my opinion, level postings also have declined, even though, not as much I believe. I wouldn't say that school and other real life-things are a reason for that, as that was a thing in every year of the community. Back then people also had to visit school, study, go to the doctor, play with friends outside or via internet, etc.

Nowadays Discord may be around, but if it reduces the amount of activity on the forums, then I think that is mostly just talk of different kinds. No matter if Discord or not, in my opinion the creative and productive activity has declined a lot since 2013.

Yet, I would not say that the community is dying. For now it feels more like it shrunk down by half. I assume that it will grow once beta 4 is ready... after almost 3 years of beta-ing around since beta 3, that might be, or not.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Mon May 13, 2019 2:29 am

The fact that many rippable resources from most mario titles have already been imported may be a contributor to the decline of graphics submissions. There are many more rippable resources out there (most notably Kirby, Sonic, top-down zeldas), but those sets are often much more complex than Mario games' spritesheets, which might be why they're so rarely seen.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon May 13, 2019 3:37 am

Really activity has remained fairly constant. The board activity stats don't show any declines and levels/projects seem to be doing the same. Once beta 4 is done I'd imagine there'd be a gradual increase at the very least taking advantage of the new content. This board is doing pretty well and when taking Discord into account there's really no issue.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Mon May 13, 2019 1:53 pm

That activity on here and on Discord isn't really a good indicator of the state of the community.

ThePieSkyHigh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Tue May 21, 2019 12:13 pm

Sednaiur wrote: ↑
Sun May 12, 2019 6:03 pm
Jarckius, Darkonius, Airship (or was it Airsheep?)
It was, at one point AirSheep. Its in one of his old graphics topic.

Also, why does everyone has to be safe to say SMBX is dying or not? Enjoy while you can

Back on topic: That 90% of new games for Nintendo Switch are re-makes of older games.

CaptainDrewBoy
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Hullo!

Postby CaptainDrewBoy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:08 pm

SMBX was always going to be niche, admit it, embrace it.
It's a thriving community in its own right!

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:38 pm

The sites just been reduced to a hand full of users that actively contribute. Entire episodes go unnoticed so eventually nobody will bother making them. As Sednaiur said it's declined but not totally dead. I think some quality control is good but its gotten so mafia old users seem to be hiding their episodes behind a new user name, claiming it's their first episode. Also whats up with the Wiki is it on the fritz or is somebody just blocking users they don't like?
Last edited by stageleft on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 pm

I also wish for a few more active forum participants but yeah activity has split over several branches.
stageleft wrote:Also whats up with the Wiki is it on the fritz or is somebody just blocking users they don't like?

It's been closed down for security reasons and it wasn't fixed. As of now I don't believe it will open up again.

Episodes always went unnoticed when there was nothing special about them. There's a couple of projects that get much unexpected attention so I digress with that statement. And the "X2 devs and other proficient designers" don't namedrop their standards under every project.
stageleft wrote:old users seem to be hiding their episodes behind a new user name, claiming it's their first episode

evidence?

stageleft
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Cedur wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 pm
I also wish for a few more active forum participants but yeah activity has split over several branches.

stageleft wrote:old users seem to be hiding their episodes behind a new user name, claiming it's their first episode

evidence?
No evidence its just what it looks like.
So the Wiki is closed for security reasons? weird, well its over my head.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:25 pm

stageleft wrote:So the Wiki is closed for security reasons? weird, well its over my head.

if you want a really concise answer you should ask the admins through PM.

Return to β€œSite Discussion”