"Save locked by Map Author" possible fix please?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Baltic
Pronouns: She/Her

"Save locked by Map Author" possible fix please?

Postby Baltic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 am

Hello everyone. When I released my Demonstration of my episode of Adventurism in the 1.4.4 Super Mario Brothers Extreme Engine, I failed to realize that there was an issue that was brought to my attention via the user "Grand Goomba". They stated that when they tried to activate their save data, the message of the save data Occurred. Now I have seen it for myself and I am very perplexed. Now of course it still allows me to play the episode until I go to exit and save to where I get "Subscript out of Range".

Here is the applicable Screenshot.

Please can you help me as soon as possible? I have looked up this solution on Youtube however there is no such existing video or guide for a fix...

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Re: "Save locked by Map Author" possible fix please?

Postby Eri7 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 am

Did you remove the option to save in your episode through the world map settings?

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 am

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 am
Did you remove the option to save in your episode through the world map settings?
I have checked and I have not. I have blocked four characters from being played and I have disabled two player. I have not disabled "Auto Saving" or any saving feature.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Did you use a cheat while playing?

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:22 pm
Did you use a cheat while playing?
Whilst I was playing I did not. If I did then I would've understood why that may have been the case.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Can you provide the world map? I could check it out to see if something is wrong with it.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:46 pm
Can you provide the world map? I could check it out to see if something is wrong with it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bif8c ... UCSYq_s-2q

This is the link for the demonstration. It includes the world map and levels so if there is something else in there that I am unaware is causing the error you may be able to notice.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Hello. I sent you the world link yesterday and I just wanted to check if you potentially have any update or news about the bug?

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm

KingXanderYT wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:56 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Hello. I sent you the world link yesterday and I just wanted to check if you potentially have any update or news about the bug?
Sorry, i was busy today so i didn't have much time to check it out, i will do it later however, just letting you know i didn't forget about it.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm
KingXanderYT wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
Sorry, i was busy today so i didn't have much time to check it out, i will do it later however, just letting you know i didn't forget about it.
Hey thanks for the update! I shall check in probably tomorrow to see if there is progress on a possible fix.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 pm
KingXanderYT wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
Hey, i'm here to do my check up. Any progress or is it impossible to fix?

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Well i have been trying to find the problem, its weird because i don't get the same problem as you but i am not allowed to save in game. I removed the settings file which contained the world map setting but it didn't change anything, i think something is broken with your world map and you will have to start over, i am sorry, i hope someone who knows how to fix the problem either helps you or you accept the fact the saving feature can't be implemented because of an unknown reason i still can't understand.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Download
See if this fixes your issue. I don't know if it will because I can't test as 1.4 does not work for me, and you will probably have to restore some of the setting you may need, as all I did was copy the map tiles onto a new .wld file.
Last edited by ElectriKong on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baltic
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Baltic » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Electriking wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm
Download
See if this fixes your issue. I don't know if it will because I can't test as 1.4 does not work for me, and you will probably have to restore some of the setting you may need, as all I did was copy the map tiles onto a new .wld file.
Hello and thank you for participating in helping to resolve this ongoing issue. Unfortunately I cannot load this wold file since it comes as a text document instead of a proper world file. But thank you anyway.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:02 pm

KingXanderYT wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 pm
Electriking wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm
Download
Hello and thank you for participating in helping to resolve this ongoing issue. Unfortunately I cannot load this wold file since it comes as a text document instead of a proper world file. But thank you anyway.
Wrong download (though to be fair you could have copied the text in the map file to a document and change the format to a .wld file, which would work as it is a proper world file, but it ended showing the contents instead of a file icon).

Return to “Help and Support”