delete post

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
MustardCake
Snifit
Snifit

delete post

Postby MustardCake » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:34 pm

In the Q&A topic i asked "why can't i delete a post" and i got an answer.
RudeGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:17 pm
you can't delete posts if someone posted after you in the same thread.
I don't understand why you can't delete your post after someone else posts.
I have some posts that only says "Deleted" in brackets and those posts doesn't have a purpose, at all, and should be deleted.
I think we should have the ability to delete a post even after someone else posts.
What is your opinion on this idea?

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Re: delete post

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Thi is disabled as people deleting posts would disrupt conversations and cause confusion in threads. You also should not be removing the content of posts as that causes the same problems.

MustardCake
Snifit
Snifit

Postby MustardCake » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Electriking wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:34 pm
Thi is disabled as people deleting posts would disrupt conversations and cause confusion in threads. You also should not be removing the content of posts as that causes the same problems.
You're right, it is actually a really bad idea, but my posts that only say "Deleted" in brackets still doesn't have any purpose and really should be deleted.
Seriously...

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 am

These are obviously people trying to delete their post (from embarassment and for the purpose of covering up) and then ...

if someone really has a reason to want something deleted they should ask staff, and if they don't and you see this again, go ahead and report.

Snaps_xD
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Snaps_xD » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm

I posted my project post by mistake before it was finished and now its posted twice. Once with a screenshot and once without. I want to delete the second one but I cant and thats stupid

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:33 am

Snaps_xD wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm
I posted my project post by mistake before it was finished and now its posted twice. Once with a screenshot and once without. I want to delete the second one but I cant and thats stupid
It's not stupid. You can't delete a post after another user has responded as it could make the conversations in topics seem like complete nonsense. Also if users could delete topics that they own there could be a lot of confusion and a lot of help threads, etc. would be much more difficult to manage.

Also you could have deleted your one topic since no one had posted in it and just edited the first post in the other

Snaps_xD
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Snaps_xD » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:44 am

PixelPest wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:33 am
Snaps_xD wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm
It's not stupid. You can't delete a post after another user has responded as it could make the conversations in topics seem like complete nonsense. Also if users could delete topics that they own there could be a lot of confusion and a lot of help threads, etc. would be much more difficult to manage.

Also you could have deleted your one topic since no one had posted in it and just edited the first post in the other
Thats true but my post is deleted now and it would be nonsense if it would stay there. Also Im a newbie and I didnt realize that I could do that. I get why this option isnt there but it kinda annoys me

enicholas275
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: i want everyone to see the magic on this group

Postby enicholas275 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:18 am

you tried to click on the X?

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms