M53: It's Your Choice - Postgame Thread

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

M53: It's Your Choice - Postgame Thread

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

It's your choice

- 15 players
- Cardflip
- Semi-mystery
- Mafia vs. Town vs. Third Party (3v11v1)

Mafia - They win by killing the Third Party and being equal to or outnumbering the town.
Godfather
or Kingpin
Consort
or Maid
Thug
or Doublespeaker

Town - They win by killing all non-Town players.
Sheriff
or Officer
Doctor
or Lookout
Vigilante
or Bodyguard
Freemason
Freemason
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller
Millwright

Third Party - They win by being the last or one of the last two standing.
Serial Killer
or Arssonist

List of roles:
Roles: show
Godfather: A mafioso who cardflips green upon death and inspection.
Kingpin: If they get nightkilled or lynched, the rest of the mafia will gain another kill for the night after.
Consort: Can roleblock a player of her choice each night.
Maid: Can lurk around a player each night to learn their color.
Thug: Can beat a player of his choice each night to make them cardflip black if killed that night or if lynched the following day. Cannot target the mafia's kill target.
Doublespeaker: May fake his vote in the thread each day. Upon faking his lynchvotes, the doublespeaker will send his real vote to the host and the vote casted in the thread won't count.
Sheriff: Can inspect a player of his choice to learn their color.
Officer: When voting during the day, his votes count as two. Once throughout the game, he may also host a double lynch. However, during a double lynch, each of his votes only count as one per vote.
Doctor: Can protect a player each night from nightkills. Can self-protect once throughout the game.
Lookout: Can track down a player each night to learn who they visited and/or who visited them.
Vigilante: May kill a player of his choice during the night. If he kills an innocent, he will be voteblocked for the following day and will flip red if lynched that day.
Bodyguard: Can protect a player each night. If the protected player is attacked, the bodyguard will take the hit and die instead but will also kill the offender. If the bodyguard is attacked, then the attacker will only be taken down if the bodyguard has targeted himself.
Freemason: Has contact with the other freemason.
Townsperson: A regular townsperson who can cast a lynchvote during the day.
Miller/Millwright: A townsperson who flips red/yellow but are unaware of it.
Serial Killer: Can kill a player each night. Immune to nightkills.
Arsonist: Can either spill gasoline on a player's house each night or light up all the gased houses on fire and kill the inhabitants and their visitors, but NOT the people they visit. Ignition pierces through protection. Immune to nightkills.
Notes: show
  • The mafia has to choose one of them to commit the nightkill due to the Lookout and the Bodyguard
  • The vigilante won't be notified whether he was voteblocked for the day. If he kills the godfather, he doesn't get punished but if he kills the miller or millwright, he does.
  • Roleblocked players only get notified if they had and tried to use their ability
  • The Officer has to make the choice of the double lynch the night before. During a double lynch day phase, each person can vote for two people and the two most voted players will be lynched. The day's length remains 24 hours.
  • Upon a freemason's death, the other one still survives
  • If the arsonist targets the protection target of the doctor and/or the bodyguard, the protector and the protected player both die. (just like any other type of visitor and their target)
  • The serial killer's kill and the arsonist's house-burn cannot be roleblocked, but the arsonist's gasoline-spilling can
Players: (6/15 alive)
1. xDestroy - N1 - Townsperson
2. SAStar777 - N2 - Sheriff
3. Cedur - Freemason
4. thehelmetguy1 - Freemason
5. glitch4 - N4 - Doctor
6. GforGoomba - D2 - Millwright
7. Taycamgame - D3 - Townsperson
8. Mechdragon777 - D4 - Miller
9. Radiance - N2 - Townsperson
10. TheLoafLord - D1 - Kingpin
11. Doesntpostverymuch - N4 - Serial Killer
12. Nanaya Jacob - Doublespeaker
13. Eclipsed - Maid
14. krazykat - N4 - Bodyguard
15. timocomsmbx2345 - Townsperson

Backup players:
1. Oshi
Role PMs: show
Role PM wrote:You are the Mafia Leader. You may choose to be either Godfather or Kingpin.
Godfather: A mafioso who cardflips green upon death and inspection.
Kingpin: If they get nightkilled or lynched, the rest of the mafia will gain another kill for the night after.
Role PM wrote:You are a Mafia Member. You may choose to be either Consort or Maid.
Consort: Can roleblock a player of her choice each night.
Maid: Can lurk around a player each night to learn their color.
Role PM wrote:You are a Mafia Member. You may choose to be either Thug or Doublespeaker.
Thug: Can beat a player of his choice each night to make them cardflip black if killed that night or if lynched the following day. Cannot target the mafia's kill target.
Doublespeaker: May fake his vote in the thread each day. Upon faking his lynchvotes, the doublespeaker will send his real vote to the host and the vote casted in the thread won't count.

Role PM wrote:You are a Citizen of the Law. You may choose to be either Sheriff or Officer.
Sheriff: Can inspect a player of his choice to learn their color.
Officer: When voting during the day, his votes count as two. Once throughout the game, he may also host a double lynch. However, during a double lynch, each of his votes only count as one per vote.
Role PM wrote:You are a Citizen looking after fellow townspeople. You may choose to be either Doctor or Lookout.
Doctor: Can protect a player each night from nightkills. Can self-protect once throughout the game.
Lookout: Can track down a player each night to learn who they visited and/or who visited them.
Role PM wrote:You are a Citizen who can handle weapons with mastery. You may choose to be either Vigilante or Bodyguard.
Vigilante: May kill a player of his choice during the night. If he kills an innocent, he will be voteblocked for the following day and will flip red if lynched that day.
Bodyguard: Can protect a player each night. If the protected player is attacked, the bodyguard will take the hit and die instead but will also kill the offender. If the bodyguard is attacked, then the attacker will only be taken down if the bodyguard has targeted himself.
Role PM wrote:You are a Freemason. You're in contact with the other Freemason, namely <name>
Role PM wrote:You are a Townsperson, whose goal is surviving and defeating the Mafia and the Independent Criminal by the means of lynching. Watch out though, since you might be Miller or Millwright.

Role PM wrote:You are the Independent Criminal. You may choose to be either the Serial Killer or the Arsonist.
Serial Killer: Can kill a player each night. Immune to nightkills.
Arsonist: Can either spill gasoline on a player's house each night or light up all the gased houses on fire and kill the inhabitants and their visitors, but NOT the people they visit. Ignition pierces through protection. Immune to nightkills.
Pings, Messages, and Usage of Discord (IMPORTANT!)

Discord is a great tool and I'm willing to make the most of it. If you'd like me to send all communications through Discord instead of the forums, leave a message below when you sign up with your username and Discord tag. If you'd like me to ping you on Discord for phase changes, please make it known as well, leaving your username and Discord tag.

For those who don't have Discord or don't want to use it, I'm completely fine to doing so via PM on the forums.

However, I highly suggest it as it makes private discussions, such as alliances and the Mafia chat much easier to manage, for you and me, so I encourage the use of it.

Also, general discussion of Mafia games in #mafia on Discord is fine, however anything important and public, including discussions about who to Lynch, interrogations, etc. should occur in this thread, so that those who don't use Discord aren't at a disadvantage. Posting logs is not a substitute for this as then people still aren't able to directly contribute to the discussion. In the event that everyone in the game has Discord and is using #mafia, I'll void this rule, though Lynch votes, etc. must still be cast in the thread.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Re: M53: It's Your Choice - Postgame Thread

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:24 pm

Kill me.
Ok, now to put it simple, the last phase alone is enough reason to hate this garbage.
I don't know if I really wanna play the next game.
Last edited by Thehelmetguy1 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:27 pm

A few things I want to say to some people.

Cedur and Helmet: How did you two disagree on who to lynch on Day 3 and Day 4 (until Cedur said that Helmet should vote for Eclipsed on Day 4)? You two were Freemasons!! You could've at least discussed it before a day started (er...at least...I THINK you two didn't talk it over).
JacobI can't believe you and Eclipsed managed to survive after you told DPVM who the mafia was. Like...wtf? Telling him was a terrible move in the first place. (Yes, everyone that didn't die, the mafia chat and the dead chat were in the same server. And yes, Jacob did tell DPVM about the maf.)
DPVM: I can't believe you managed to get out of Day 2 alive. Like, how does that happen?! Also, tbh, I kinda wish you betrayed the mafia while making it look like you were bluffing being the SK. (Difficult, yes, but you managed to get away with fakeclaiming, sooooooo...)
Goomba: Oh, how do I put this in a nice way...? ...Uh...you...kinda should be a bit smarter when playing. This was the second time you got yourself lynched when you were an unaware Miller/Millwright. It's gonna be REALLY concerning if you get scum at some point.
Eclipsed: Thanks a ton for that Night 1 inspection. REALLY appreciate it. ...Sarcasm aside, I can't believe you managed to get Timo to side with you. I mean, yeah he wasn't paying attention, but he probably knows better than to instantly trust a Townie claim. (Er...how did you convince him?)

...Okay, I'm done.

xDestroy
Nipper
Nipper

Postby xDestroy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Can we please archive mafia again?
Also, can we stop giving new players so much leeway.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Well, I should point something out.
At least it wasn't as much of a cringefest as M52

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:42 pm

What do I do to avoid sus?

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:44 pm

xDestroy wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:38 pm
Can we please archive mafia again?
Also, can we stop giving new players so much leeway.
Mafia's already being a summer and event-only thing here. What's the point of archiving it if it's already like that?

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:58 pm

To SAStar:

The thing is that at the point in the game we were at

There were 2 mafia, 1 sk, a 4 person town alliance, the miller claim they were never going to lynch and timcom

If you look at the stats there are 5 “trusted” townies an sk we needed to get rid of and 1 untrustes townie. It was virtually impossible with the mafia to win under these consitions so the only way to do so was to get the SK on our side especially since jacob and I trust was waning at this point in the game. Town was definitely going to win and mafia was definitely going to lose. We agreed that if we can’t win we should at least try to get the SK to win since two town protectives was just stupid in our eyes. Which is why we also told sk the entire town alliance.

Jacob did a really good job pulling off the impossible by convincing DPVM to help us so props to him.

Also for timcom, i told him mech votes me the instant I voted for him, so thats why that vote happened.

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Radiance » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:53 pm

To the mafia and TP:

Thank you for killing me. I didn't experience yet how to be killed by three persons at the same time.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm

i coulda won it krazy didn't self protect.

edit: Also i knew my luck had ran out when jaccob told me, and i was like: ok...?

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Gotta be real here, two protects in one game, and one that kills? Thats just a pain in the ass for the mafia and the sk.
Otherwise this game was just so RNJESUS sided with the fucking mafia is was so disgustingly funny. Ok so first off, we have us inspecting mech day one and killing dvpm, and look how that turned out.
Then day 1 came and I'm so sorry Loaf of so screwed you over there is no way can apologize for it and yeah that happened.
So we decided night 2 to kill rad and sas, and WHOOOO boy, WE GOT TWO GODAMN CONFIRMED TOWNS AND ThE PAINS IN OUR ASS. also we inspected krazy
so day 2 came and thanks to, dvpm bad joke, and the town being hungry for votes they all targeted him, me trying to be as town as possible and get someone else lynched to save ourselves, i found some people that acted very non townie which were G, and Tay, and bless their hearts for making things worse for all the parties.
Night 3 came and went as screwed as it is, with krazy living, and glitch being blue, and this meant, WELL FUCK US AM I RIGHT. Since the masons were being p protective of the blues, so its easy to read them off as they were protecting them.
day 3, the day when we realized, we are in a fucked situation, we have 4 confirmed townies, 2 failed lynch votes, an sk, and two highly suspect townies, AND THANK GOD FOR MY BOY Eclipsed for masterminding everything, since I was busy most of the time with events and stuff, sorry I couldn't assist more. Anyways tay died and yeah the dreaded night 4 comes into play
Ok this what happened, I had to go in and get DPVM, sorry man you were a good player, but godamn the people would lynch you for anything, and yeah... that joke, was p bad, get him to get one of the blues, the thing is i actually have no idea who was the actual bodyguard at the time, or remember heh, sorry, but we deicded to try our luck, and whoever died well wins basically as we all knew one of us would die, at least I think.
Day 4 Holy hell this day is just a clusterfuck, like godamn, if it weren't for Eclipsed I swear I would actually be dead, and good lord thank fucking RNJESUS, like what the fuck is this game.

Special Shoutouts to my partners Loaf for best support early on to get my bearings together and allowing me to think and sorry for killing you in the end, thank you, and Eclipsed for doing most if not all of the late/midgame masterminding, without you I swear I would have screwed up long ago.
Also thanks to DPVM for somehow agreeing with everything I said? It was kinda weird, but I guess you need free lynch targets too am I right, and kinda giving up somewhat when I found you, I'd say sorry man, but basically I'd say its both of our wins, since without you we would have lost.
Radiance wrote: To the mafia and TP:

Thank you for killing me. I didn't experience yet how to be killed by three persons at the same time.
I'm cring
Dude gotta be real sorry about that, but you just came up and said, "Ayy lmao lynch me" Like who wouldn't want to do that to stop townies from ruining their plans.

To everyone else, thank you for playing I guess, like its one experience down, and I can't wait for it to happen to me, but I guess luck just somehow happened to pick us all the phases. Sorry, but thank you for the experience, and I hope to see you next game.Noseriouslyjointhenextgameplsibegofyouitllbelonely

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Radiance » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:19 am

It's not that bad lmao. I'm happy that you wasted a kill just for me. Both you and DPVM killed me N2 lmao

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:23 am

Mafia won because a lot of the townspeople acted really suspicious, lol

Gg though, I had a lot of fun with this one

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:59 am

Doesntpostverymuch wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm
i coulda won it krazy didn't self protect.

edit: Also i knew my luck had ran out when jaccob told me, and i was like: ok...?
You probably would have won if krazy didn't self-protect. You were in a really good position since jacob would have been lynched the next day

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:58 am

Being in anger of Timo's vote change and looking back at the messages, I noticed that Timo's vote (the first post already) was 18 mins beyond phase change time. On the other hand when Krazy changed his protection to SaStar Night 2, he was also too late, and SSX didn't accept the change and explained me why SaStar still died. In M28, TheDinoKing also made a vote to lynch off Nato before the phase change was posted but it still exceeded the scheduled phase change time so Zeldamaster didn't count it.

There were three votes on Eclipsed, one on Mech, and Jacob's doublespeaker vote which was in fact on Mech, and then timo's vote should have stayed on eclipsed as before. With a 4:2 Eclipsed should have been lynched, and after knowing that Timo wasn't the TP the town alliance considered him pretty good:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Well if I am to make a bet, it is either Eclipsed, Jacob, or both

so you can say with a 90% certainty that Jacob would have been lynched, as I suspected he was the typical mafia-sided active ringleader, just like Warlock two games ago. Upon this change the town can be declared winner with good conscience.

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:25 am

i didn't know radiance was killed by both of us, i just killed him because i didn't want him to tell anyone i claimed sherif

and he fucking did even though i specfically told him not to

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:32 am

well, that's what happens if there are already confirmed townspeople. Though your big luck was that for some reason I thought it already happened Night 1, and Night 1 was very memeish overall, so I happened to accept your "excuse", didn't expect it to be true at all

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 am

Honestly of this server was slightly more active, this would of been a bit more fun

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:54 am

A good 70% of all players was active, and you were the biggest letdown for activity by your own fault. Mech had technical struggles but still voted. Taycamgame came back and became the center of attention negative-wise (unfortunately). Going by the amount of discussion alone, this game could have been better for sure, but it wasn't too bad either, there are also other reasons for having such a tricky situation by day 3 (mostly losing the sheriff). But, we grow with our challenges, eh?

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:54 am

This game was quite fun, but a dissapointment in the end.
BTW, thanks to those who trusted me on Day 3. Had my choice to vote Timo been heard more from other people, he would have been lynched Day 3. (He's still town so either way it would make little difference, however, i would have voted EC in the final phase following the alliance choices. But tbh i guess anyone could have been in that position and voted EC)
Also is it funny that Jacob put himself in the Most Suspicious on his list, along with SSX, and turned out to be mafia all along? Damnit, i have to admit you had fooled me in this game, gg.
Let's hope M54 will play out better than this. GG

Return to “Mafia”