M52: O, My Reputation (PLAYER SIGN-UPS)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

M52: O, My Reputation (PLAYER SIGN-UPS)

Postby PixelPest » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 pm

(Cardflip / 16 Players)

The Mafia
Spokesman: Can make a player lose or gain two reputation each Night (but not their own). Can collaborate with the other Mafia members to kill one player each Night. Starts with +1 reputation.
Dumpster Diver: Can choose a player to hang out with each Night. If anyone visits that player, or they visit anyone, that player, anyone who visits them, and anyone who they visit loses one reputation. Can collaborate with the other Mafia members to kill one player each Night. Starts with -1 reputation.
Chemist: Can roleblock a player each Night. That player's colour will also be black for that Night and the following Day. Can collaborate with the other Mafia members to kill one player each Night. Starts with zero reputation.

The Town
Spokesman: Can make a player lose or gain two reputation each Night (but not their own). Starts with +1 reputation.
Sheriff: Can inspect a player to find out their colour each Night. Starts with +1 reputation.
Bounty Hunter: Can kill one player each Night. Starts with -1 reputation and will lose three reputation for killing a Town special, one for killing another Town member, and gain two reputation for killing any other player. If their reputation is zero or less they will flip red. Cannot be killed by having low (-5) reputation.
Narcissist: Starts with 0 reputation and will gain one reputation per Night, however any losses to reputation will be doubled.
Reputable Townie: Starts with +1 reputation. Thinks that they are a normal Townie.
Townie: Starts with zero reputation.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Slob: Starts with -1 reputation. Knows that they're the slob.

Third Party
Media Master: Can increase a player's reputation by three each Night (but not their own). Immune to Nightkills. Chooses a player on the first Night and steals victory if that player's team wins at the end of the game, given that each remaining player on that team has +2 or more reputation.

Mechanics
Reputation: Each player starts with a reputation which can be increased and decreased by various things.
  • If their reputation is -2 or lower and they have an ability, they will be unable to use it. (Low reputation of the Mafia members will not make them lose their killing ability, and this doesn't affect the Dumpster Diver.)
  • If their reputation is -5 they will be automatically killed.
  • If their reputation is +2 or higher their vote will count for 2 instead of 1
  • If their reputation is +5 or higher they will be able to perform one additional action on a following Night (even if their reputation drops), once per game, either (1) inspect a player at Night to find their colour or (2) protect a player at Night from any Nightkills (including themselves). Each player only gets one use of one chosen additional ability per game, even if their reputation hits +5 or higher more than once.
The following will increase a player's reputation:
  • Voting for a player during the Day that is successfully Lynched at the end of the phase, given that the Lynched player is Mafia or Third Party. (+1)
  • Being the first one to vote for a player during the Day that is successfully Lynched at the end of the phase, given that the Lynched player is Mafia or Third Party. (+3)
The following will decrease a player's reputation:
  • Not voting during the Day. (-1)
  • Not using an ability during the Night if the player has one (with the exception of the Bounty Hunter). (-2)
  • Voting for a player during the Day that is successfully Lynched at the end of the phase, given that the Lynched player is of the same team of the voter. Mafia members will not lose reputation for voting for another Mafia member. (-1)
At the end of each phase, all players will be individually sent a message, privately, stating their current reputation.

Player list
1. SAStar777
2. 116taj
3. Oshi
4. Mosaic
5. MECHDRAGON777
6. krazykat
7. thehelmetguy1
8. Nanaya Jacob
9. TheLoafLord
10. Cedur
11. ShadowStarX
12. Taycamgame
13. Radiance
14. TheNewGuy
15. glitch4
16. Electriking

Back-ups
1. TheDinoKing

Role messages

Spoiler: show
wrote:You are the Spokesman! You can make a player lose or gain two reputation each Night (but not your own). You'll collaborate with the other Mafia members, <name> and <name>, to kill one player each Night. You start with +1 reputation.

Please view the thread to review the reputation mechanic of the game, as it may impact your ability usage and general gameplay.
wrote:You are the Dumpster Diver! You can choose a player to hang out with each Night. If anyone visits that player, or they visit anyone, that player, anyone who visits them, and anyone who they visit loses one reputation. You'll collaborate with the other Mafia members, <name> and <name>, to kill one player each Night. You start with -1 reputation.

Please view the thread to review the reputation mechanic of the game, as it may impact your ability usage and general gameplay.
wrote:You are the Chemist! You can roleblock a player each Night. That player's colour will also be black for that Night and the following Day. You'll collaborate with the other Mafia members, <name> and <name>, to kill one player each Night. You start with zero reputation.

wrote:You are the Spokesman! You can make a player lose or gain two reputation each Night (but not your own). You start with +1 reputation.

wrote:You are the Sheriff! You can inspect a player to find out their colour each Night. You start with +1 reputation.

wrote:You are the Bounty Hunter! You can kill one player each Night. You start with -1 reputation and will lose three reputation for killing a Town special, one for killing another Town member, and gain two reputation for killing any other player. If your reputation is zero or less you will flip red. You cannot be killed by having low (-5) reputation.

wrote:You are the Narcissist! You start with 0 reputation and will gain one reputation per Night, however any losses to your reputation will be doubled.

wrote:You are a Townie! You start with zero reputation (or +1 if you're the Reputable Townie, who knows?!).

wrote:You are the Slob:! You start with -1 reputation.

wrote:You are the Media Master! You can increase a player's reputation by three each Night (but not your own). You are immune to Nightkills. By the end of the first Night you must choose a player and will steal victory if that player's team wins at the end of the game, given that each remaining player on that team has +2 or more reputation.

Pings, messages, and usage of Discord (IMPORTANT!)

Discord is a great tool and I'm willing to make the most of it. If you'd like me to send all communications through Discord instead of the forums, leave a message below when you sign up with your username and Discord tag. If you'd like me to ping you on Discord for phase changes, please make it known as well, leaving your username and Discord tag.

For those who don't have Discord or don't want to use it, I'm completely fine to doing so via PM on the forums.

However, I highly suggest it as it makes private discussions, such as alliances and the Mafia chat much easier to manage, for you and me, so I encourage the use of it.

Also, general discussion of Mafia games in #mafia on Discord is fine, however anything important and public, including discussions about who to Lynch, interrogations, etc. should occur in the game thread, so that those who don't use Discord aren't at a disadvantage. Posting logs is not a substitute for this as then people still aren't able to directly contribute to the discussion. In the event that everyone in the game has Discord and is using #mafia, I'll void this rule, though Lynch votes, etc. must still be cast in the thread.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Re: M52: O, My Reputation (PLAYER SIGN-UPS)

Postby SAStar777 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm

In.

116taj
Spike
Spike

Postby 116taj » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 pm

i get pinged 11 times and im still not first signup

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Oshi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:34 pm

ni

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:38 pm

(Insert Quirky Signup Message Here)

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:41 pm

HELLA IN! I waited for this game for days and it's here! 😁😁😁😁😁
Last edited by PixelPest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User has been temp. banned; will not be added to player list

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:06 pm

I wish I was messaged for this, but whatever. I am in. My headache should be gone by the time this starts.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:14 pm

hello friends I'd like to play

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Random random random random random modnar modnar modnar modnar modnaR

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Discord is a great tool and I'm willing to make the most of it. If you'd like me to send all communications through Discord instead of the forums, leave a message below when you sign up with your username and Discord tag. If you'd like me to ping you on Discord for phase changes, please make it known as well, leaving your username and Discord tag.

I do not seem to have the #3777 at the end of my Discord name anymore, but my Discord ID is the same as it is on here. Screen Name is Zoey in the SMBX server and I would like a ping for phase changes, but nothing else. I.E. All talk should be in the thread. I also hope the green text in mafia is allowed. (Votes will still be in Bold Crimson. I may send my actions via discord as well, but will do it by forum PM if I can get the forums up.)

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 pm

sign me up

erkyp3rky
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Postby erkyp3rky » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:26 am

First timer, sign me up. I'll try my best.

EDIT: Have to admit, that emoji gave me a bit of a laugh. None the less, good concept, Pixel. I'm a bit worried I might do terrible but eh, bring it on.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:45 am

IN :twisted:

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 am

Count me in.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:07 am

Sign me up!

erkyp3rky
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Postby erkyp3rky » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am

Any tips by the way?

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:14 am

TheLoafLord wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am
Any tips by the way?
1) read the rules (if you haven't yet)
2) if you're town, you're supposed to try to find evidence to find the mafia (or an offensive third party, if there is one)
3) If you're mafia, try to hide the fact that you are mafia (thus act like a town) and if you are guaranteed to be lynched, try to make your teammates have an advantage from further on (f.e: make them look like they had been against you before you were lynched)
4) be active (no need to make 20 posts per day but it's advised to post as much as you can as long as they serve surpose and preferably, do not make you look suspicious)

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Radiance » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:51 am

In

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:10 am

TheLoafLord wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am
Any tips by the way?
The more you get involved, generally, the better. Interact with others as you might be able to find leads, which will become more apparent as you play more.

You usually don't want to publicly claim your role.

Don't just randomly cast a Lynch vote or usually it'll be turned against you at some point, and don't bandwagon for a Lynch without providing your own justification.

Big thing to remember is that it's a game of deception, so people lie and the goal is to figure out who's dirty and who isn't (if you're Town), get in good faith with the other players without forcing yourself in (if you're the Mafia), and just knowing how to lay low enough to survive (if you're the TP) so you don't appear a threat to the Mafia but not low enough that if it comes down to it you're a good choice to Lynch if you aren't contributing.

A lot of these things eventually come naturally as you play more and more

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheNewGuy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

Sign me in

Return to β€œMafia”