Mafia 52 Host Signups - We've got our winner!

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Which game do you want to play for Mafia 52? (Choose the one game you like the most!)

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm

116taj - Upgrades and Downgrades: Better Edition
29%
PixelPest - O, My Reputation
38%
SAStar777 - Passive-Aggressive
19%
krazykat - Colorful Catastrophe
14%

Total votes: 21
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Mafia 52 Host Signups - We've got our winner!

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:22 am

Mafia 52

We're looking for your quality mafia hosting skills and your quality mafia games for our next game!

You've seen Mafia.
You've played Mafia.
Now, it might just be your time to host some Mafia!

Sorry to I, but he will not be hosting.

How do I apply?
All you need to do is post your game concept in this topic!
However, you must have participated in at least one mafia game in order to host a game.

After you have posted, three out of your four Game Masters, PixelPest, Warlock, and I, will edit your post write our reviews at the bottom.
If we have comments or changes that we strongly recommend and are required to be taken for approval, we will edit in red.
Optional suggestions may be in either yellow or orange
Any other comments or compliments will be written in green.

Tips to Remember:
Each user may only submit one game, so choose wisely!
Your game should contain around 13-17 players.
Have about 1 mafia member for each ~4 town members.
Your game doesn't need to be overly complex to be fun and interesting. Sometimes a good combination of roles can produce a better result.
Don't try to go overboard with the custom roles! You don't need to change the entire theme of your game for it to be interesting.

How the host signups are held:
1. Game submission
2. Game masters reviewing the games
3. Poll Round 1 - Vote for the games that you would be willing to play in. The top 3 most voted games advance further onto the 2nd round.
4. Poll Round 2 - Pick a favored game in the top 3

Ready for Mafia?
Think up some ideas!

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Re: Mafia 52 Host Signups

Postby Radiance » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:27 am

M??: Peak of Democracy
Credits to SSX for the title

Cardflip
17 players

Mafia:

Bartender serves as the leader of Mafia while the Godfather is not around. Color blue shows up when inspected and when killed. Can also nullify a player's vote due to its borrowed power from the Godfather.
Blackmailer can silence a player for the next day phase at night thus preventing the target to vote as well.
Doublespeaker can fake their votes in the thread. The real vote will be sent to the host.
Framer can frame a player at night. The framed player will be seen as red by sheriff at the same night it is framed.

Town:

Sheriff can inspect a player at night to know his color.
Confused Copper can inspect a player at night to know his color but the color given by the host is random. Knows that he's a sheriff.
Doctor can protect a person at night. Can self-protect once.
Vigilante can kill a person at night but will turn into red when killed an innocent at the next day and night phase.
Mime can vote but his vote doesn't count. Doesn't know that he's a mime.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Doublevoter
's vote counts 2 instead of 1. Doesn't know that he's a doublevoter.
Miller doesn't know that he's a miller.
Millwright doesn't know that he's a millwright.

Third Party:
Jester will join the winning side once it's lynched.

Personally, I would want to change the consort into a role that nullifies a certain person's vote but I think it'll make the mafia weaker. I've been also thinking if I should add a mandatory voting rule or not.
ShadowStarX wrote:There is some information that is quite unclear to me: a) can the doctor self-protect and if yes, how many times can they do so b) how long does the vigilante turn red (for the following day or the following day and night or the rest of the game) also does the Jester steal victory or win alongside the other victorious team? Also make the doublespeaker forced to vote publicly in order to use their ability. (while also clarifying it in the game)
Also I think that having a triplevoting godfather is kind of ridiculous. I'd suggest making the godfather's votes worth 1 while adding another rather weak mafioso, since the ratio of mafia and town seems a bit unbalanced to me. I could imagine the 4th mafia member as a doublevoter (namely a charismatic mafioso).

The concept is good, though. (even though I'm personally not a huge fan of the jester, but it's not an inherently broken and unbalanced role and it also fits the theme of the game, so I guess it's good to go as the 3rd party)

Looks fine to me now, approved. The concept is cool as well. My point regarding the Jester still stands but that is solely subjective, so the game is good to go in my eyes.
PixelPest wrote:I think that the Mafia is pretty underpowered since one of them doesn't have an ability and two just involve voting. The wording for the doublevoting roles is a little awkward; I'd probably word it as "vote counts as 2 instead of 1" as at the moment it sounds like the player might actually physically vote twice. Also might not have two doublevoting roles for the Town as the Town is already much stronger than the Mafia. This works better now overall.
Warlock wrote:PixelPest has pretty much summed up this game's issues. I'd remove the town's two doublevoters as they already give the town a tremendous advantage against a fairly weak team of Mafiosos. I'd also change one of the mafiosos that mess around with voting and replace it with a more powerful role - having three seperate mafia roles that all deal with voting makes the game fairly bland. Looks much better now.
Last edited by Radiance on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:19 am

M52: A song of Ice and Fire
15 players.
Faction Game.
Players cardflip the colour of their role when killed / inspected unless stated otherwise.
Lynches are mandatory.

The planet Coolflame has always been peaceful, until recent times. The community split into two equal factions - The Ice Elementals and the Fire Beasts. The war was always destined to happen, but no-one knew it would come so soon...

Ice Elementals - 7 players
Ice Lord - Once per night chooses to either KILL or INSPECT a player of their choice. If that player is on the Ice Elementals, they will flip BLUE, but if they are on any other team, they will flip RED. Does not learn roles, only colours, of players.
Ice Samurai - Once per night can KILL a RANDOM player. If that player is on the Ice Elementals, they will flip BLUE, but if they are on any other team, they will flip RED.
Ice Inspector - Once per night or day can INSPECT a RANDOM player, learning their exact role. Will never inspect the same player twice in one game. If the original Ice Lord is killed, they can CHOOSE who to INSPECT each night rather than it being random. Decides at the start of the game if they use their powers during night or day phases.
Ice Heir - A normal Ice Elementals townie that becomes the Ice Lord upon the death of the original Ice Lord. Does not know they are the Ice Heir initially. Votes to lynch a player of their choice each day.
Ice Elementals Townie x3 - A normal townsperson who votes to lynch a player of their choice each day.

Fire Beasts - 7 players
Fire Lord - Once per night chooses to either KILL or INSPECT a player of their choice. If that player is on the Fire Beasts, they will flip RED, but if they are on any other team, they will flip BLUE. Does not learn roles, only colours, of players.
Fire Samurai - Once per night can KILL a RANDOM player. If that player is on the Fire Beasts, they will flip RED, but if they are on any other team, they will flip BLUE. Does not learn exact roles, only the colours.
Fire Inspector - Once per night or day can INSPECT a RANDOM player, learning their exact role. Will never inspect the same player twice in one game. If the original Fire Lord is killed, they can CHOOSE who to INSPECT each night rather than it being random. Decides at the start of the game if they use their powers during night or day phases.
Fire Heir - A normal Fire Beast townie that becomes the Fire Lord upon the death of the original Fire Beast. Does not know they are the Fire Heir initially. Votes to lynch a player of their choice each day.
Fire Beasts Townie x3 - A normal townsperson who votes to lynch a player of their choice each day.

3rd Party - 1 player
The Smuggler - Once per night can SMUGGLE a player of their choice. Can kill a smuggled player the following day. Smuggled players are roleblocked. If The Smuggler chooses not to kill the player, they are released (and unroleblocked). However, if they do choose to kill the player during the day, they can not Smuggle again until one Night / Day cycle passes.

WIN CONDITIONS:
Ice Elementals - Wins if The Fire Beasts are reduced to one or less players.
Fire Beasts - Wins if The Ice Elementals are reduced to one or less players.
3rd Party - Wins if still alive at the end of the game; steals the win in the process.
PixelPest wrote:Forcing players to use their abilities randomly really seems to destroy the purpose of those roles, since it could backfire very easily by killing a person on your team, inspect someone you don't care about knowing the role of, etc. Also there could be up to 5 kills each Night with the current set-up which is really over the top. The Smuggler also is really underpowered since they're all alone and if they kill they lose their ability for a Night.
ShadowStarX wrote:I agree with all the issues PixelPest had mentioned above before I wrote up my review. (RNG and underpowered Third Party) Making a faction game with 2 teams plus a 3rd party is not feasible. (I'm speaking from experience) In the case of the third party dying, the game would become very boring. I personally recommend making 3 teams with 5 members each plus a stronger third party then the current one. Remove the randomness factor as much as you can. You could go with teams of Sheriff/Deputy/Vigilante/Sidekick/a 5th type of role.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:54 am

M??: Cult Chaos
The people of Salem, Italy were happy that the Mafia has been stopped, but now we have another crisis on our hands...

Cult
Cult Leader is the leader of the Ku Klux Klanonymous. Can convert anyone to the KKKA each phase.
Cultist is a member of the Ku Klux Klanonymous. There is only 1 at the start of the game, but cults spread...

Specials
Persuasive Guy/Girl can convert 1 player back to the Town as a Millwright each night.
Spy can find leaks of info each phase.

Town
Townie is a normal townie. There are 8 at the start of the game, but cults spread...
Townie is a normal townie. There are 8 at the start of the game, but cults spread...
Millwright is a normal townie colored as a KKKA member. There is 1 at the start of the game, but people can be converted back as cults spread...
PixelPest wrote:Some major specifications need to be made. What are the win conditions? Do the Cultists need to outnumber the Town, all remaining players converted, etc.? Also does someone inherit by some means the Cult Leader role if that player dies? If they're Lynched on the first Day the game is basically over. You also need to provide a little more information on what you mean by "leaks" in the Spy's role; are they chat logs? What action players used? Also it seems a little off that they wouldn't even have to target anyone but still just get useful information. Also how useful can the information be. Like the alignment of a player?
Warlock wrote:You haven't provided much information about the game whatsoever, but judging by the information you've provided so far the Cult is incredibly underpowered, since it loses its conversion power once the Cult Leader is killed. The role should definitely pass on to a random cultist once the Cult Master dies. You also need to make a lot of clarifications regarding win conditions and how certain roles work, as PixelPest has already said.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 am

Also, who is l?

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 am
Also, who is l?
ShadowStarX

116taj
Spike
Spike

Postby 116taj » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:01 am

Upgrades And Downgrades: Better Edition

18 Players
4v13v1
[+] beside role means it's upgraded
[-] beside role means it's downgraded
Players are notified if they have been downgraded/upgraded

Mafia
Bartender[+]
Now cardflips blue on inspection and death.
Godfather
The leader of the mafia. Cardflips green on inspection and death.
Inexperienced Godfather[-]
Cardflips red on inspection but green on death.

Kidnapper[+]
Now silences the person they inspected as well.
Consigliere
The brains of the mafia. Can inspect one player to find out their exact role.
Crooked Cop[-]
Can now only find out the cardflip color.

Rainbow Painter[+]
Can now can use red, blue, and green paint. Gains one more paint use as well.
Painter
An artistic mafioso that expresses himself onto other people. Can paint someone black twice throughout the game.
Confused Painter[-]
Now paints someone randomly and is forced to paint.

Charismatic Nightrider[+]
Has intimidated the government so his votes are now worth double.
Nightrider
The tough yet new member of the mafia. Cannot be nightkilled.
Mafioso[-]
Disrespected the godfather so got beaten so badly he can be nightkilled.

Town
Upgrader
The guy that brings powerful upgrades. Can choose a heir that will gain his powers once he dies. Can additionally inspect someone to find their upgrade level during the night( [+],[.], [-])
Forgetful Upgrader [-]
Can no longer choose a heir because he forgot to choose someone

Multitasking Sheriff[+]
Can now inspect two people at once.
Sheriff
Inspects a player every night.
Unsure Sheriff[-]
Is given two colors upon inspection, one of which is the real color and the other is a random one. The random color cannot be pink or purple.

Surgeon[+]
Heals a player. If attacked, the surgeon makes them harder, better, faster, and stronger. Meaning they will be immune to the next nightkill attempt.
Doctor
The local doctor. Can heal a player every night.
Terrible Doctor[-]
If the player is attacked, the doctor does a temporary patch up, but the player will die at the end of the next day.

Street Hero[+]
Kill attempts fail against innocents. (Millers are not innocent until upgraded)
Vigilante
The man that takes action into his own hands. Can kill a player every night.
Guilty Vigilante[-]
If he kills an innocent, he will commit suicide at the end of the next day due to guilt. (Godfathers count as innocent)

Overtime Dissector[+]
Can now use his ability during the day and night.
Dissector
The local dead bodied obsessed man. He has a license though. Can dissect one dead player during the day to find their exact role.
Unlicensed Dissector[-]
Lost his license, so now everyone finds him more unusual.

Honor Roll[+]
Can now become an upgraded role starting Day 3.
Student
Graduates on Day 4. Can become a special role he chooses.
Dropout[-]
If not upgraded back to a Student before Day 4, becomes a regular townie.

Doublevoter[+]
Townie
Zerovoter[-]

Doublevoter[+]
Townie
Zerovoter[-]

Doublevoter[+]
Townie
Zerovoter[-]

Doublevoter[+]
Townie
Zerovoter[-]

Doublevoter[+]
Townie
Zerovoter[-]

Townie[+]
Miller
Purple Miller[-]

Townie[+]
Millwright
Downgrader Heir[-]
Joins the downgrader and will become the new one if the original dies. Will be announced publicly

Third Parties
-Downgrader steals the win by downgrading everyone or surviving to the end.

Doubled Downgrader[+]
Can now downgrade two people at once. Talk about efficiency.
Downgrader
The man that takes away. Can downgrade someone every night. Immune to nightkills. Can additionally inspect someone to find their upgrade level during the night ( [+],[.], [-])
PixelPest wrote:A very complex yet interesting game. I'd suggest buffing the Downgrader a bit, giving them Nightkill immunity or some means of staying alive since they don't actually have a killing ability like many TPs, who would also have Night immunity too. Also might by with specifying that he wins by having every player alive downgraded (instead of all player's downgraded). If he survives until the end, does he steal the win or win alongside the winning team? Also if the Downgrader downgrades someone and they're upgraded again back to normal, does that count towards them winning since that person was downgraded once or do all surviving players need to be in a downgraded state? If it's the latter, this could prove very difficult for the Downgrader. I'd suggest giving the Downgrader the ability to in addition inspect one player each Night to determine their state (in terms of downgraded, normal, or upgraded) or something along those lines. The Upgrader wouldn't necessarily need this since their allied with the Town and it appears (correct me if I'm wrong and probably specify this just be 100% clear) that people are made aware of having been upgraded/downgraded. I'd also just suggest a slight tweak to the Godfather's downgrade; I personally think it would make more sense if it was the opposite with the downgraded Godfather flipping red upon inspection and green upon death, as if they stay green upon inspection their role is still pretty much just as useful. Looks much better now
Warlock wrote:Very interesting take on the role upgrading mechanic, approved!
ShadowStarX wrote:I like how you've taken the upgrade mechanic one step further. It's interesting and quite complex too. The sides seem balanced now due to having fixed the issues PixelPest had mentioned above before you tweaked the game.Though fix the playes' team ratio since it's supposed to be 4v13v1 if you intend it to have 18 players.
Last edited by 116taj on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am

I've reviewed everyone's games so far. Interesting stuff this round.
Radiance wrote:
GforGoomba wrote:
116taj wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:37 am

Forgot I had this game in my pocket and decided to tweak it a little. Placed second in the last sign-ups...so close! Ended up simplifying a few things just slightly.

M52?: O, My Reputation
(Cardflip / 16 Players)

The Mafia
Spokesman: Can make a player lose or gain two reputation each Night (but not their own). Can collaborate with the other Mafia members to kill one player each Night. Starts with +1 reputation.
Dumpster Diver: Can choose a player to hang out with each Night. If anyone visits that player, or they visit anyone, that player, anyone who visits them, and anyone who they visit loses one reputation. Can collaborate with the other Mafia members to kill one player each Night. Starts with -1 reputation.
Chemist: Can roleblock a player each Night. That player's colour will also be black for that Night and the following Day. Can collaborate with the other Mafia members to kill one player each Night. Starts with zero reputation.

The Town
Spokesman: Can make a player lose or gain two reputation each Night (but not their own). Starts with +1 reputation.
Sheriff: Can inspect a player to find out their colour each Night. Starts with +1 reputation.
Bounty Hunter: Can kill one player each Night. Starts with -1 reputation and will lose three reputation for killing a Town special, one for killing another Town member, and gain two reputation for killing any other player. If their reputation is zero or less they will flip red. Cannot be killed by having low (-5) reputation.
Narcissist: Starts with 0 reputation and will gain one reputation per Night, however any losses to reputation will be doubled.
Reputable Townie: Starts with +1 reputation. Thinks that they are a normal Townie.
Townie: Starts with zero reputation.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Slob: Starts with -1 reputation. Knows that they're the slob.

Third Party
Media Master: Can increase a player's reputation by three each Night (but not their own). Immune to Nightkills. Chooses a player on the first Night and steals victory if that player's team wins at the end of the game, given that each remaining player on that team has +2 or more reputation.

Mechanics
Reputation: Each player starts with a reputation which can be increased and decreased by various things.
  • If their reputation is -2 or lower and they have an ability, they will be unable to use it.
  • If their reputation is -5 they will be automatically killed.
  • If their reputation is +2 or higher their vote will count for 2 instead of 1
  • If their reputation is +5 or higher they will be able to perform one additional action on a following Night (even if their reputation drops), once per game, either (1) inspect a player at Night to find their colour or (2) protect a player at Night from any Nightkills (including themselves). Each player only gets one use of one chosen additional ability per game, even if their reputation hits +5 or higher more than once.
The following will increase a player's reputation:
  • Voting for a player during the Day that is successfully Lynched at the end of the phase, given that the Lynched player is Mafia or Third Party. (+1)
  • Being the first one to vote for a player during the Day that is successfully Lynched at the end of the phase, given that the Lynched player is Mafia or Third Party. (+3)
The following will decrease a player's reputation:
  • Not voting during the Day. (-1)
  • Not using an ability during the Night if the player has one (with the exception of the Bounty Hunter). (-2)
  • Voting for a player during the Day that is successfully Lynched at the end of the phase, given that the Lynched player is of the same team of the voter. Mafia members will not lose reputation for voting for another Mafia member. (-1)
At the end of each phase, all players will be individually sent a PM stating their current reputation.
ShadowStarX wrote:Man I'm digging this mechanic, it's so good. It's an interesting way to encourage activity without blatantly forcing it on people.
However, I'd personally buff the Alleyrat since the mafia is quite small compared to the town. Perhaps make it a stalker (checks who their target visits during the night, but a different role would do just as fine) In addition, I'd like you to clarify how precisely a player knows their reputation? Also does mislynching the Bounty Hunter with a negative reputation count as a mislynch when it comes to taking away reputation?
As long as you buff the Mafia's Alleyrat minorly and give off a better explanation regarding the concerns I've listed above, I'd say this game is good to go and definitely a fun-looking ride.

Awesome concept with a great execution. This would definitely be a fun ride.
Warlock wrote:I love this mechanic.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 am

Mafia, Mantises, and Madness REWORKED
- 18 Players
- Mandatory Lynching
- Mandatory Role Usage Unless Stated Otherwise
- 4 Mafia, 13 Town, 1 TP
- Oppressor made by Max and SSX

Mafia
Bartender: Cardflips blue.
Consigliere: Can either inspect or roleblock a player each night.
Nightrider: Immune to nightkills.
Bomber: Can strap a bomb to a player each night, if this player is killed that night or lynched next day phase, they’ll come up black instead of their normal color, bomb defuses after the day phase ends. Can’t select mafia kill.

Town
Sheriff: Can inspect a player each night to learn their color. Can inspect a player again to learn their role.
Protector: Can protect a player from both nightkills and abilities each night. Can self heal once.
Vigilante: Can kill a player each night. isn't required.
Dissector: Can dissect a dead player each day phase to learn their role.
Graduate: Takes on the role of the first special to die, if multiple die in one night, can choose which to become. Color stays green after gaining ability. thinks their a townsperson before a special is killed.
Immune Townsperson: immune to nightkills, thinks their a townsperson.
Townsperson: can cast a lynch vote each day phase.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Miller
Lycanthrope

Monster Arthropod
Mantis: A mantis-like monster. Can kill a player each night, immune to nightkills and roleblocking. At night can disguise self to cardflip green upon inspection that night, can use twice. Flips orange upon death.

Extra Notes
- Heals are NOT announced.
- Kill attempts failing due to nightkill immunity are not announced and if one with night immunity is attacked will be PM’d privately.
- Immune Townsperson ISN’T notified if their attacked and the kill fails due to nightkill immunity.
ShadowStarX wrote:The game looks balanced to me. I also like how you made the graduate and the immune townie be unaware of their exact identity so that they wouldn't be an obvious way to make an alliance. Approved from my side.Though may I know why the lycanthrope is self-aware. I do not mind it but if the miller is self-unaware then why isn't the millwright as well?
Warlock wrote:Looks good, approved! I would however make it so that the Lycanthrope isn't self-aware, for the sake of consistency.
PixelPest wrote:Looks good.
Last edited by PersonNamedUser on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:52 pm

I would like to submit a Mystery game ShadowStarX has privately approved some time ago. I need to retype it up after I finish my chores, but still, the game was pre-approved on February 25th of this year. (I only have a screenshot of the game since my backup was deleted, but I have a screenshot so I can retype it.)
ShadowStarX wrote:Due to having to have hosted a mafia game before submitting a mystery game, please submit a different game if you want to host.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:23 pm

M52: Disco Inferno!

(revisioned for the third time)

Format: cardflip, 17 players, arsonists vs town

The Arsonists

They don't know each other, but they still win together if at least one of them makes it until the end.

The active night abilities of all arsonists are as follows; only one ability can be chosen.
  • douse one player with gasoline.
  • ignite all previously doused players, including those doused by other arsonists (which can also end up with yourself or an other arsonist getting burnt)
  • clean yourself from gasoline if you previously have some. You could still be doused the same night.
Nobody will know about getting doused, with the only exceptions being the sensitive arsonist and the pyrotechnics expert.

Smart Arsonist: when dousing a person, they also simultaneously learn their color.
Sly Arsonist: anyone they're dousing will cardflip orange upon inspection.
Sensitive Arsonist: will know about dousing another arsonist or getting doused himself by another arsonist.

The Townsfolk

Firefighter: Can protect anyone but himself and the pyro expect from ignition. Alternatively, once in the game, he can try to protect self and nominate a volunteer firefighter simultaneously. If they target a townie, they'll make them a VF and the VF becomes the new firefighter if the firefighter dies.
Sheriff: investigates a player at night. The first townsperson investigated by them will become a deputy (becoming the sheriff once the sheriff dies).
Spy: can watch a townsperson at night to check if they're getting doused.
Pyrotechnics Expert: can visit someone at night to protect them from dousing. Will be notified about getting doused himself, and can clean self once in the game. His knowledge makes him appear suspicious though. But even worse, if he visits the firefighter or his target, he'll tamper around so much that the firefighter's protection fails.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson

Ability recap:
If the firefighter targets
  • himself: that's not of any use. Self-protection is only in place when making the nomination attempt.
  • the pyro expert: no protection either.
  • anyone else: this person will survive ignition, but can still be doused.
If the pyro expert targets:
  • himself: he cleans himself from gasoline, which also means he can't be ignited. Can still be doused the same night. This can only be done once.
  • the firefighter or their target: no protection happens and he'll void the firefighter's action.
  • anyone else: he'll save the target from being doused. If previously doused, the target won't be cleaned.
Extra notes: The firefighter does not know at first if their nomination was successful. Neither does the volunteer firefighter learn who the firefighter is.
If the firefighter and sheriff get the same townsperson as their successor (pretty unlikely obvsly), then the second green person inspected by the sheriff will become deputy.
ShadowStarX wrote:The game looks a tad bit chaotic to my taste but it still looks fun and balanced and I'd say it's good to go and definitely an interesting game to have been submitted.
Warlock wrote:I like this one, approved.
PixelPest wrote:Complex yet intriguing.
Last edited by Cedur on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:25 pm

ok
I'll try

M5?: Shot in the dark
15 players. cardflip.

After the days of ship accident, people are living in the island. suddendly, kill after kill is happening and the people are in danger. Without any security, they have to survive themselves. Later after, they have found that there are 4 suspects in this island, but later to decide which of the people are scum.......

hunters
Leader: Discusses with assistants for a nightkill. If one of the Assistants die, the Leader can use a mutant potion on dead body and revive the person as their mutant, making an extrakill. On the following nights, the Leader can use mutant as a second nightkill or third, if a second mutant is obtained. The leader, alongside with mutants, are immune to nightkills.
Assistant: Discusses with Leader for a nightkill. Upon Leader's death, one of the assistants can take its lead, including its role, mutants and immunity.
Assistant

Town
Townie: Just a regular townperson. Each time after the night phase ends, two random townies get an item, which can be used for the following night. Random item givings will be no longer since night 4. They can also trade the item to others, whenever its the day or night.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Items townspeople get:
Bullet gun: Can use it for a nightkill or as protection. Can be used once. If one player gets an item from the other in the night phase then it can only use it as protection in the same phase.
Shield: Can use it as a protection from mutant or Assitant/Leader OR townie. Can be used once. Like the bullet gun, the player automaticlly gets its effect in the same night phase.

Notes:
- item trades are done by sending a pm/dm to the host.
- the player, who got the item from other, will be notified, but it won't reveal the name of the player who gave an item.
- mutants are abilities, not revived players.
- Leader gets notificated if potion is used.
- Townsperson gets notificated, if uses his item.
- If townie trades a item to someone that is Leader or Assistant, they can't use items.
- the victim's name, is revealed if targeted and got survived using a shield.
ShadowStarX wrote:Seems good to me.However it may turn out to be unclear whether the mutants are revived players or just extra nightkills, so clarifying that they are just used abilities is recommended, since revival roles are forbidden.
Warlock wrote:Seems good to go.
PixelPest wrote:Very interesting concept, but with immunity and the ability to Nightkill multiple times and pass down the abilities, the Mafia is definitely overpowered and I'd drop it down to 3 Mafia members and suggest that the mutants be instead of from dead Town members, automatically gained by a Mafia member dying, either by Lynch or Nightkill, and give it some kind of detrimental effect on the Mafia for using, such as no Nightkill immunity. Also need some specifications about how items are traded as that was briefly mentioned but I think it needs a little more clarification. Much better now!
Last edited by glitch4 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MSomething: Passive-Aggressive

18 players
Cardflip
Town VS. TP
Ability usage is optional
Mechanics you may be unfamiliar with: show
Town VS. TP
In a Town VS. TP game, there is no mafia. Instead, the town is up against a bunch of third party roles, with some being bloodthirsty. The objective of the town in a game like this is to eliminate all of the evil TPs. None of the TPs start out in contact with any other ones unless two or more are treated as part Mason, and usually, only one evil TP can win.
Win Conditions: show
The Passive TPs
Angel
: Keep the target alive until the end.
Survivor: Live until the end.
Fool: Get lynched.
All Passive TPs that complete their win condition will share the victory with the other winner(s) at the end.

The Aggressive TPs
All
: Kill the entire town and the other the Aggressive TPs.
Yes, this means that all of the Aggressive TPs are for themselves.

The Town
Kill all of the Aggressive TPs.

The Passive TPs
Angel
: At the start of the game, they're randomly assigned one person to protect. At night, they can opt to protect their protege from dying (two uses) or self-protect (one use).
Survivor: At night, they can protect themselves from dying. Can only do so twice.
Fool: If lynched, they can choose which of their voters will go down with them. If nightkilled, nobody goes down with them. The revenge kill happens at the end of the night after they get lynched (that is, IF they get lynched) and bypasses all forms of protection.

The Aggressive TPs
Pyromaniac: Can kill someone with fire each night. On even-numbered nights, the fire will be so intense, the target will be burned black as well.
Crooked Politician: Each night, they can make a prediction on who will have at least one vote by the time a lynch happens. If their prediction is correct, they can choose who among the ones that voted for the player they chose to kill the night after...unless the Crooked Politician themselves was lynched. Night-immune. (Role created by Mosaic.)
Voodoo Lady: Each night, they can lay a curse on one person (two on even-numbered nights) using a word of at least 7 letters. (Only one word can be used even if twp targets can be chosen.) If, during the next day, a target says the word they were cursed with, an abbreviation of the word, or tries to say the word but makes a typo, they will die once the day ends, regardless if the word was said in the thread or in Discord. Players won't know if they've been cursed. Cannot choose certain words as killing words (see the "7+ letter words that the VL cannot use to kill" spoiler tag for which ones).

The Town
Sheriff: Can inspect someone each night to learn the target's color.
Doctor: Can protect someone from dying each night. Can self-protect once.
Executioner: Once throughout the game during the day, they can call for a second lynching that will happen after the first one.
Doublevoter: Lynch votes count as two.
Townsperson: No special abilities.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Miller: Thinks they're a normal Townsperson, unaware that they'll cardflip red.
Night Owl: Thinks they're a normal Townsperson, unaware that they'll cardflip orange. Night-immune.
Weirdo: Thinks they're a normal Townsperson, unaware that they'll cardflip purple. Lynch votes count as zero.

How Executioner Ability Usage Works
Day start → Executioner decides during the day on whether or not two lynches will happen (lynches don't happen simultaneously) → Voting for who will die in the second lynching begins after the first lynch happens if the Executioner decides that a day will have two lynches and doesn't change their mind.

Extra notes: show
  • The Angel will not be able to find themselves having to protect the Fool because, in that scenario, for one of them to win, one of them has to lose, which I feel is pretty unfair.
  • If the Executioner calls for a second lynching, any successful kills pulled off by the Voodoo Lady before the end of the first lynch will happen before votes for the second lynching starts.
  • Executioner ability usage also gives the Crooked Politician more time to see if the person they chose will get voted on if their target wasn't voted for before the first lynch and the Voodoo Lady more time to see if their target says the word they were cursed with if they didn't before.
  • Survivals resulting from the Doctor's ability are announced, but survivals resulting from any other way of surviving an attack (night-immunity, the Angel protecting their protege or themselves, or the Survivor protecting themselves) are not.
  • The Crooked Politician is the ONLY Aggressive TP that's night-immune.
7+ letter words that the VL cannot use to kill: show
  • Player names
  • Role names
  • Suspicious
  • Lynching
  • Special

Role PMs: show
Angel wrote:You are the Angel!

You were sent down to this land to help a resident of this town, {insert name here}, live through this crisis. (Telling you now so you won't worry later...THEY'RE NOT THE LOCAL FOOL.) You were also given enough power to use during the night to prevent your protege's death twice as well as your own once (you can't protect your protege and yourself simultaneously, however). Unfortunately, because your healing magic is a bit...firey, you aren't very welcome to this town to a bunch of people.

If you keep {insert name here} alive until the end, you'll be rewarded for your efforts...and win with the other winner(s). Good luck!
Survivor wrote:You are the Survivor!

You've been through a lot, and you owe it to some vests that keep you from dying. The shop that sells them has closed up because the local Doctor, who owns the shop, is too busy helping people survive this crisis, but you at least have two. At night, you can choose to wear one and render yourself invulnerable to most attacks, but one's power disappears once dawn comes. However, people think that the power is too close to night-immunity, so, guess what? You're suspicious.

If you live until everything's over, (which is a personal victory to you), you'll win with the other winner(s). Good luck!
Fool wrote:You are the Fool!

You're constantly being made fun of, and now, you wanna kill someone. The problem is...your method of killing someone is so strong (powerful enough to pierce through the Doctor's medicine, night-immunity, etc), it requires you to die first. On top of that, your method of death has to be a public execution. If the conditions are met, you can choose which of your voters will be inexplicably murdered the night after. Your personality makes you one of the strangest people in town, but, considering your win condition, I guess it's a good thing?

If you can get lynched (which allows you to pull off your kill from the grave), you'll be celebrating victory with the other winner(s) despite not being alive. Good luck!
Pyromaniac wrote:You are the Pyromaniac!

As an avid arsonist, you want to burn stuff down, mainly the stuff owned by people that despise you (nearly everyone). A few people decided that it's best to not deal with you, but some, like the Sheriff that's been tracking you down since the day you started committing arson, really want you dead. Each night, you can proceed with your next burning job and kill someone with fire. Somehow, on even-numbered nights, the fire is hotter than normal, and those flames burn your targets up so bad, nobody will be able to tell who they could've been.

If you can burn up this entire town and the aggressive TPs that also want to do their own thing to this town, you win. Good luck!
Crooked Politician wrote:You are the Crooked Politician!

Obviously corrupt, you want full power over the town, especially since you can get rid of that Executioner so you can call out for public executions yourself. Each night, you can make a guess on who will be someone that'll get at least one vote the day after. If your prediction is correct, you can kill one of that person's voters the following night (assuming you weren't the one lynched, of course). Also, you've learned the secret of night-immunity, so unless some shenanigans happen, you cannot die during the night.

If you can take control of the town (by killing its residents) and get rid of the Aggressive TP opposition, you win. Good luck!
Voodoo Lady wrote:You are the Voodoo Lady!

Having voodoo dolls of everyone in town, you're able to place curses on a variety of people. Having people die from these curses sounds very good to you, especially since even those that are slightly stronger than a normal Townsperson are powerless against them. Each night, you can lay a curse on someone using a word that has at least 7 letters. Should your target say this word during the voting time for a lynch, they'll die after the execution is finished. This curse seems to completely fail if you try using certain words, however.

If you can curse this town and the other aggressive TPs to death, you win. Good luck!
Sheriff wrote:You are the Sheriff!

You came to this town to (hopefully) finally apprehend a Pyromaniac that has been committing arson across the county. But, now that you're here, you realize what kind of crisis this town is going through. To assist, you can do some investigations on someone each night. You'll learn so much about your targets that you'll even learn their color.

If this town's themselves able to say "Good riddance!" to the aggressive TPs, you win. Good luck!
Doctor wrote:You are the Doctor!

As the towns most trusted medic (and the owner of the shop that sells the Survivor's favorite vests), your specialty is keeping people alive. Each night, you can give someone some medicine that will keep the target alive should they get attacked the night they take some. Unfortunately for you, however, only one specific medication works on you, and there's only one dose of it left.

If the town outlives all of the aggressive TPs, you win. Good luck!
Executioner wrote:You are the Executioner!

When a public execution needs to be done, people usually turn to you (which is why you're the Crooked Politician's least favorite person). Since the town is going through a crisis, during the day, if you find it necessary, you can call for a second lynching that will happen soon after the first one. However, because your equipment is badly damaged, you feel that you can only do this once.

If all of the aggressive TPs die, regardless if it's by the hands of the public or not, you win. Good luck
Doublevoter wrote:You are the Doublevoter!

The most charismatic person in town, your votes aren't normal at all (which the Sheriff sees as a good thing). In fact, your votes count as two instead of one. ...That's really all there is to ya, though.

If all of the aggressive TPs get erased from existence. Good luck!
Townsperson/Miller/Night Owl/Weirdo wrote:You are a Townsperson!

...Wait, oof. That means you have no special powers whatsoever. Though, then again, what if you're NOT a normal Townsperson? What if you're the Miller, who always seems to be nearby, but out of harm's way, when the mill gets set on fire? What if you're the Night Owl, who never seems to die when attacked at night due to always staying up late? What if you're the Weirdo, who people consider too weird to have their vote counted? ...I'm fairly confident that you're a normal Townsperson, but if you aren't then...you're a suspect of something.

If the removal of the aggressive TPs is successful, you win. Good luck!
Warlock wrote:Very interesting and unique take on a double-mafia game, this one seems good to go.
ShadowStarX wrote:Looks balanced and fun to play, but the Voodoo Lady is a bit off for me. You should also prohibit in-game terminology to be used, make her have a 7 letter minimum but on the other side, perhaps make the VL able to target two players per night or two players on even nights, depends on what you find a better choice.As long as you tweak the Voodoo Lady, I'd say the game is balanced. This game has been approved.
PixelPest wrote:At first I was worried about all of the kills that can happen however you've worked this out quite nicely.
Last edited by SAStar777 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:52 pm
I would like to submit a Mystery game ShadowStarX has privately approved some time ago. I need to retype it up after I finish my chores, but still, the game was pre-approved on February 25th of this year. (I only have a screenshot of the game since my backup was deleted, but I have a screenshot so I can retype it.)
Uh...before you attempt...

I think at some point in the past, the gms at the time didn't let you submit a mystery game due to you having not hosted some other kind of game from start to finish. (M24A was cancelled.) I doubt the current ones will let you submit one now...

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm

quick word of warning, I have not hosted or designed a game in a while. I had to dig back to find something I had already made and make some changes, so it's probably super broken.

Mafia 52: Colorful Catastrophe
The game where cardflips meet chaos!

fanart creator / Artist - Starts with one paint usage. Gains another paint usage for every unsuccessful kill by the Mafia (via Doctor heal or night immunity). Paint can be used to change any player's cardflip color to red, blue, green, or orange. Paint is permanent unless the Janitor cleans that person.
bad person / Mafioso - Decide on one collective kill each night. Cannot kill a person the same night that person is painted.
bad person / Mafioso - Decide on one collective kill each night. Cannot kill a person the same night that person is painted.

forensicc scientist / Sheriff - Can inspect one player per night to learn their cardflip color.
medical school wasn't worth it / Doctor - Can save one player from death each night. Has contact with the Nurse.
was medical school worth it? / Nurse - If the Doctor is killed, the Nurse gains the role, but not cardflip color, of the Doctor. Has contact with the Doctor.
mr clean / Janitor - Can clean one person each night. This restores their original cardflip color, and can be used on dead players or alive players. An announcement will be made at the start of the day if a dead person is cleaned, regardless of if the cardflip color changed upon cleaning.
normie / Townsperson - does townie stuff
aaaaaa / Germophobe - Thinks they are a normal townsperson. Cannot be painted.

confusement boi / Jester 2 - On death, cardflips orange. On inspection, may appear to be any color. Their goal is to be lynched. If lynched, they win along with the eventual winning party/parties.
cereal killer lol get it because serial and cereal sound the same hahahaha / Serial Killer - May kill one person per night. Immune to nightkills.
ShadowStarX wrote:Seems like a nice and simple game, however I'd like you to change/clarify the painter when the paint affects the target. (how long and from when to when) Also make it so that the painter cannot target the mafia kill target. (if it was already like that, you should just clarify it)Looks much better now, approved from my end.
Warlock wrote:The Artist is overpowered since it appears he can target the Mafia's kill target which gives the Mafia a significant advantage against the town. Make some clarifications as ShadowStar suggested, and nerf the Artist. Looks better now.
PixelPest wrote:Would've been nice to see some custom roles catering to this specific focus of a game, however this works and looks like it would be a pretty solid play.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 pm

SAStar777 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

I think at some point in the past, the gms at the time didn't let you submit a mystery game due to you having not hosted some other kind of game from start to finish. (M24A was cancelled.) I doubt the current ones will let you submit one now...
I am only doing so becuase it was pre-approved on a different site by a Game Master who is also a Game Master here.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 am

SaStar777 wrote:

The pyromaniac is by far the strongest of the aggressive TPs (guaranteed nightkill, no delay, night-immunity). He should be nerfed as well to make this game work.

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 am
SaStar777 wrote:

The pyromaniac is by far the strongest of the aggressive TPs (guaranteed nightkill, no delay, night-immunity). He should be nerfed as well to make this game work.
I took the Pyromaniac role straight from Minigame Plaza...except made it so that only those killed by them will only come up black if they were killed on an even-numbered night and, actually, dropped the night-immunity. (Though I guess I should make that clearer.)

...Idk how to nerf it further without making it seem too weak, tbh.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 pm
SAStar777 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

I am only doing so becuase it was pre-approved on a different site by a Game Master who is also a Game Master here.
1) The ruleset of SMBX's mafia and that site differ, thus you cannot submit a mystery game anytime before you host a non-mystery game here
2) There is a reason why there are multiple game masters (though that site also has multiple of those), which would be that a decision has to be made regarding SMBX.org's mafia as a whole, we'd discuss it and come to a conclusion in order to benefit from it in the long term

Return to “Mafia”