Let me try drawing your SMBX levels?

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Let me try drawing your SMBX levels?

Postby HealthyMario » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 am

Basically you send me a video of you (or other people) playing one of your own custom levels that wanted to be drawn by me. (aka I'll use a drawing to represent a custom level of yours.)
If you can't provide a video that's okay too, just send me a level file instead.
sounds fun? then hit me up with those requests.
(just be noted that I am sometimes lazy and won't be able to get the drawings done quickly)
Last edited by HealthyMario on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Let me try drawing your SMBX levels?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:33 am

What drawing software are you gonna use to draw others' SMBX levels with? :?:

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:46 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote: What drawing software are you gonna use to draw others' SMBX levels with? :?:
oh, i just draw traditional art because drawing digital art usually requires a drawing tablet and i don't have one. (i can rarely draw well when doing digital art)

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Why do you need videos exactly?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Drawing digital art does not require a drawing tablet. A mouse and any drawing freeware is plenty. It just requires experience, just like traditional art does.
As an example, here's an image drawn with a mouse in GIMP:
https://bolero-lief.deviantart.com/art/ ... -748050271

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Electriking wrote:Why do you need videos exactly?
mainly because i'm lazy to open the level editor :P (though if you can't provide one you can send me the level file)
Enjl wrote: Drawing digital art does not require a drawing tablet. A mouse and any drawing freeware is plenty. It just requires experience, just like traditional art does.
As an example, here's an image drawn with a mouse in GIMP:
https://bolero-lief.deviantart.com/art/ ... -748050271
well, i am aware of that, i just want to do some traditional art for practice purposes before jumping in doing digital art.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am

You are? A post ago you claimed that digital art usually requires a tablet, which is a misconception I aimed to correct in my post. Maybe I misread the sentence "i just draw traditional art because drawing digital art usually requires a drawing tablet and i don't have one". Apologies if that's the case.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:01 am

HealthyMario wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:26 pm
mainly because i'm lazy to open the level editor :P (though if you can't provide one you can send me the level file)
Dude, really? You can't just take the time to download a custom level to the level editor, just to examine it and draw it... o_0

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:33 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
HealthyMario wrote:
Dude, really? You can't just take the time to download a custom level to the level editor, just to examine it and draw it... o_0
well, the thing is my PC malfunctioned back in 2015 and i have a laptop now as a replacement. though using smbx level editor / pge causes my laptop to be very laggy so therefore i rarely use it now.
Thus, I recommend people to send me videos of their custom levels instead of sending me a level file. (Though if you really can't it's still ok. I just need to take a longer time to examine your custom level(s) on the level editor)

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 pm

It is easier to draw a level if you can see all of it in the editor. Videos don't usually show a level in it's entirty.

GianaSistersfan64
Bit
Bit

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm

HealthyMario wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:33 am
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
HealthyMario wrote:

well, the thing is my PC malfunctioned back in 2015 and i have a laptop now as a replacement. though using smbx level editor / pge causes my laptop to be very laggy so therefore i rarely use it now.
Thus, I recommend people to send me videos of their custom levels instead of sending me a level file. (Though if you really can't it's still ok. I just need to take a longer time to examine your custom level(s) on the level editor)
Maybe a full level in one screenshot can be enough. Like this by example :
Spoiler: show

smbx GaMERDoG
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: SCP-2973 (ihctogamaT)

Postby smbx GaMERDoG » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 pm

HealthyMario wrote: my PC malfunctioned and i have a laptop now as a replacement.

Same thing. Though its RAM is 1GB, my laptop - i don't know how, but - perfectly runs phpBB.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 am

GianaSistersfan64 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm
HealthyMario wrote:
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:

this works too. so do you want me to draw a picture for you based on this level you got GianaSistersfan64?

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:26 pm

HealthyMario wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 am
Basically you send me a video of you (or other people) playing one of your own custom levels that wanted to be drawn by me. (aka I'll use a drawing to represent a custom level of yours.)
If you can't provide a video that's okay too, just send me a level file instead.
sounds fun? then hit me up with those requests.
(just be noted that I am sometimes lazy and won't be able to get the drawings done quickly)
Here's a playlist of my publicly released SMBX levels.
You can choose which level you want to draw, (if you're unsure then just choose grassy level, as that's the simplest).
Download link is provided in the video description.

GianaSistersfan64
Bit
Bit

Postby GianaSistersfan64 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:49 pm

HealthyMario wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:21 am
GianaSistersfan64 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:55 pm
HealthyMario wrote:

this works too. so do you want me to draw a picture for you based on this level you got GianaSistersfan64?
Of course :) I would like ^^

Return to “Art Board”