M50: Take It to the Limit - Mafia Wins

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

M50: Take It to the Limit - Mafia Wins

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Role PMs are sent, so let's get started!

The thrilling (and thematically unrelated) sequel.

Mafia 50: Take It To The Limit
Format: Role Upgrades / Cardflip - 17 Players

Mafia
Disguiser: Can disguise himself as one player each night, taking on the target's cardflip color (and role, to the Town Constable) if inspected on the same night.
- Shapeshifter: Disguises now apply on death as well; the disguise lasts until the next night.
Consort: Can block one player's ability each night. The target will be notified if it's successful.
- Madam: Roleblocking now also silences the target until the next night.
Mafia
- Consigliere: Can now inspect one player each night to learn their exact role (but not whether or not they are upgraded).
Mafia
- Juror: Vote now counts twice as much as other players'.

Townspeople
Sheriff: Can inspect one player each night to learn their cardflip color.
- Town Constable: Now learns the exact role of the inspected player (but not whether or not they are upgraded).
Doctor: Can protect one player each night to prevent them from being night killed. Can't protect self.
- Surgeon: Protecting a player now also prevents mafia abilities from working on them for the night.
Vigilante: Can kill one player each night.
- Hero: The Hero's night kill attempts against innocents now automatically fail.
Veteran: Twice throughout the whole game, can go on alert during the night, killing anyone who visits him. Immune to night kills while on alert.
- General: Gains an extra two alerts upon being upgraded.
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
- Doublevoter: Vote now counts twice as much as other players'.
Miller
Millwright
- Townsperson: Now cardflips green, and knows that they were once a Miller/Millwright.

Weapon Master: Must upgrade one non-upgraded player's role each night; if they fail to do so they will be killed instantly. Upgraded players will be notified. When they die their powers (and requirements) are transferred to a specified heir, or a random player if no heir is specified. Heirs are notified and receive a list of upgraded players. The original Weapon Master wins either by surviving to the end of the game OR by upgrading every living player in either the town or mafia; heirs retain their original win conditions (and cardflip color).

- Darker colors indicate upgraded roles, and will appear as the standard color in-game (just used for clarity here).
- If the Doctor saves someone, it will be mentioned that an attempt was made on the player's life.
- Doublevoters lose their double votes if roleblocked on the previous night.
- If a Weapon Master heir has their own ability, they may use their main ability on a separate player than the upgrade target.
- The original Weapon Master may not upgrade their own role.
- Weapon Master heirs have their roles automatically upgraded when they become the Weapon Master.
- The Veteran does not kill the Weapon Master when targeted for an upgrade.
- The Veteran kills the Consort if visited while on alert.
- Weapon Masters no longer need to upgrade a player each night if all living players have been upgraded.
- The original Weapon Master steals victory from other teams and ends the game upon achieving a win condition.
- The original Weapon Master cannot win after dying (by upgrading every player on a particular team).
- The lowest-ranked living mafioso carries out the Mafia's kills, for the purposes of visitation.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
You are the Disguiser! You are a sneaky and deceptive mafioso who creates false identities. Each night, you may disguise yourself as one player, and will appear to be them if you are inspected on the same night. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player each night.
Your role has been upgraded to Shapeshifter! Your disguises are now so convincing that you will appear as the player you're disguised as when you die as well. Your disguises will wear off on the next night.
You are the Consort! Although your husband, the Godfather, is away this game, you're still taking care of business. Each night, you may block one player's ability. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player each night.
Your role has been upgraded to Madam! Your distraction abilities are now more potent than ever, and they will now leave your target in a daze that prevents them from speaking on the next day.
You are a member of the Mafia! You are a gangster working for the local crime family with aspirations of greatness. Each night, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player.
Your role has been upgraded to Consigliere! Each night, you may conduct reconnaissance on one player to learn their exact role.
You are a member of the Mafia! You are a gangster working for the local crime family with aspirations of greatness. Each night, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player - and as of now, you're the one doing the killing.
Your role has been upgraded to Juror! Having worked your way into a position of power in the town, your vote now counts twice as much as the other players'.
You are the Sheriff! You are the only law enforcement officer in this small town. Each night, you may inspect one player to learn their cardflip color.
Your role has been upgraded to Town Constable! With better investigative resources at your disposal, your inspections now allow you to learn your target's exact role. You won't know if they've been upgraded, though.
You are the Doctor! You are a well-trained emergency room physician. Each night, you can heal one player (not yourself; self-medication is dangerous) to prevent them from being night killed.
Your role has been upgraded to Surgeon! Now sporting a renewed medical license, your healing ability will also protect the target from any other mafia abilities affecting them on the same night.
You are the Vigilante! You take justice into your own hands to protect the town. Each night, you can kill one player.
Your role has been upgraded to Hero! More law-conscious than before, you'll think twice about killing an innocent, so if you attempt to kill an innocent your ability will automatically fail on that night.
You are the Veteran! Although you left the army years ago, you still pack quite a punch if threatened. Twice throughout the whole game, you may go on alert during the night, killing anyone who visits you - friend or foe.
Your role has been upgraded to General! Having re-joined the army, your increased military resources have granted you an extra two alerts to use during the night.
You are a Townsperson! You're just a regular townsperson with no special abilities.

You might be the Miller or Millwright, but you can't say for sure.
Your role has been upgraded to Doublevoter! Your charismatic style now grants you votes that count twice as much as the other players'.
Your role has been upgraded to Townsperson! Although you were previously the <Miller/Millwright>, you now cardflip green as a recognized member of the community.
You are the Weapon Master! You've come to town to sell your weapons, and the townspeople's conflict with the mafia is sure to be lucrative. Each night, you must visit one player to sell them weapons and upgrade their role - if you fail to do so, you'll be so anxious about your shaky profit margins that you'll have a heart attack and die. Before you die, you may specify an heir to leave your weapons and responsibilities to when you die (you may update your choice of heir at any time) - otherwise, a random player will stumble upon your warehouse and take on your responsibilities themselves.

You win either by surviving to see every player in either the town or mafia upgraded, or by surviving to the natural end of the game. Either way, you'll steal victory from the opposition.
You are the new Weapon Master! The old Weapon Master left you their wares when they died, and you're now responsible for upgrading one player's role each night.
If you fail to upgrade someone's role each night, you'll stay awake all night, anxious about your enemies learning your secrets and you'll die of sleep deprivation. Before you die, you may specify an heir to leave your weapons and responsibilities to when you die (you may update your choice of heir at any time) - otherwise, a random player will stumble upon your warehouse and take on your responsibilities themselves.

The following players have been upgraded so far:
Changelog: show
Version 1.1
- Replaced one Miller with a Millwright.
- Clarified that the Disguiser can still fool the Town Constable.
- Clarified that the Doctor can't protect itself.
- Clarified that new Weapon Master heirs receive a list of upgraded players as opposed to the upgraded players themselves; this was an error.
- Clarified that Weapon Masters must upgrade players who have not already been upgraded.
- Clarified that Weapon Masters need not upgrade once all other players have been upgraded.
- Clarified that Weapon Master heirs keep upgrades if they were upgraded beforehand.
- Clarified that the Veteran kills the Consort if visited while on alert.

Version 1.2
- The Consigliere now learns exact roles.
- Weapon Master heirs now have their roles upgraded when they are promoted.
- Clarified that the Hero's upgraded ability only affects their own night kills.
Players (6/17 remain)
1. Electriking (died Night 3)
2. SAStar777
3. Cedur (died Night 4)
4. glitch4
5. xDestroy (died Night 4)
6. 116taj (died Day 3)
7. Warlock
8. Danny (died Night 4)
9. Taycamgame (died Night 1)
10. Musicaliy_Minister45 (died Day 2)
11. TheDinoKing
12. thehelmetguy1 (died Night 1)
13. MECHDRAGON777 (died Day 1)
14. Eclipsed (died Night 2)
15. GforGoomba (died Night 2)
16. Zeldamaster12
17. ShadowStarX

Backups
1. TheDinoKing (replaced Radiance on Night 1)
2. ShadowStarX (replaced Witchking666 on Night 2)

Death Messages
Spoiler: show
Night 1
thehelmetguy1 found himself on the receiving end of a blow to the head.
thehelmetguy1 has died!

Taycamgame was shot last night.
Taycamgame has died!

Day 1
It's an insta!

MECHDRAGON777 was drawn and quartered, then hanged in the town square without remorse.
MECHDRAGON777 has died!

Night 2
Eclipsed was murdered in his own home during a solar eclipse.
Eclipsed has died!

GforGoomba was found dead in a back alley, having been stabbed.
GforGoomba has died!

Day 2
It's a knife in the box!

The townspeople couldn't decide whether to lynch Electriking or Musicality_Minister45, but eventually decided on Musicality_Minister45.
Musicality_Minister45 has died!

Night 3
Electriking was found choked to death in his home this morning.
Electriking has died!

Day 3
It's an insta!

The townspeople took a long time to decide on their next course of action, but eventually agreed to hang 116taj.
116taj has died!

Night 4
xDestroy was found dead in his home this morning. His throat was sliced.
xDestroy has died!

Cedur faced the guillotine last night, in his own home.
Cedur has died!

Danny stayed up late last night, afraid that someone would spill his secrets, and died of sleep deprivation.
Danny has died!

The mafia stepped out of the shadows, their dark deeds complete. ShadowStarX, the Consort, cackled along with his associates, Warlock the corrupt investigator and TheDinoKing, the short-of-speech mafioso.

THE MAFIA WINS!
THE MAFIA WINS!

116taj
Spike
Spike

Re: M50: Take It to the Limit - Night 1

Postby 116taj » Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 am

welp here we go

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Radiance » Fri May 18, 2018 12:21 am

Good luck to everyone!

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 am

I am here

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:51 am

This is a thing!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 am

I really do not like making night posts, but I guess I can make an exception seeing who all is playing. Not sure if Sadistic tendencies or if the opposite helps more in a mafia game after playing for about three or four years, but we will see.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 am

Second game! Here we go!

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Fri May 18, 2018 5:12 am

The mafia has some pretty strong roles. The only person who can reasonably out themselves for an alliance is the veteran.

Warlock
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Warlock » Fri May 18, 2018 5:49 am

Yes hello I am a good person

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri May 18, 2018 6:22 am

also doc, pls heal me so I can partake at the day 1 voting.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:33 am

i exist

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:41 am

A wild Night 1 post appeared!

xDestroy
Nipper
Nipper

Postby xDestroy » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 am

oof

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==

Postby Oshi » Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 am

Eeeeeeeeeeeee

It's night one so I post a random comment.

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am

Just a headsup to everybody. Someone claimed dancer to me. If there are any counterclaims let me know

Warlock
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Warlock » Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am
Just a headsup to everybody. Someone claimed dancer to me. If there are any counterclaims let me know
Erm, last time I checked the Dancer is not on the role list.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Fri May 18, 2018 10:29 am

Back from bed and ready to play!

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:22 am
I claim Doctor. Just wanted to let you know that I healed you.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:35 am
Cedur wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:22 am
I claim Doctor. Just wanted to let you know that I healed you.
Why did you claim doctor Night 1?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

Eclipse claims doctor too. Barring the fact that I only wanted the doc to heal me without exposing themselves, I don't see any reason for one of them to fakeclaim without being scum. The real one will be dead at the latest night 2 anyway, they don't have a self-heal.

This game starts really well lol, expect more talk from me as the situation develops

Return to “Mafia”