Off-topic discussion.
Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Diet and fasting

Postby Cedur » Sun May 05, 2019 5:45 am

My mum does 8-16 on weekends, it helped her to get rid of abdominal fat. I'm not in need of any diet or fasting, I just need to watch over my sugar consumption

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun May 05, 2019 6:50 am

I may've made a topic about dieting before, but it was locked by Quill. But I'll explain my diet again just for this, I'll tell ya my diet again:
  • 1 Fast food meal once a week
  • Eat some high-protein & high fiber snacks and etc. once a day
  • At least 1 Asian food meal once a month
  • I maxed out the usage of energy drinks in a range of 1-3 energy drinks per week

I don't even know how "fasting" works for me tbh

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun May 05, 2019 8:08 am

i eat once per day and only drink water. canned ravioli is my life force. it's been keeping me alive for a year and reduced time wasted eating significantly.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sun May 05, 2019 3:45 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:50 am
I don't even know how "fasting" works for me tbh
There's different types, fasting is about when you eat instead of what you eat. With intermittent fasting you can only eat within a certain amount of hours every day. In an 16:8 fast you can only eat during 8 hours of the day (people usually go for 12pm-8pm), and there's more traditional fasts where you don't eat anything for days at a time or even longer. Plenty of sites and forums are available for advice about starting and ending a fast.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast

Postby krakin » Wed May 08, 2019 8:44 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:50 am
  • I maxed out the usage of energy drinks in a range of 1-3 energy drinks per week
A couple years ago I used to drink energy drinks every day, but my uncle caught me, and I never touched one ever again. He also said that they're bad for the heart.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 am

I don't seem to have much reason to other than it's healthy, but i always try to eat fruit and vegetables every day, and get some sort of exercise, to stay fit.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu May 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Just finished another 16:8 fast. Water is good, water is great.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Thu May 09, 2019 4:05 pm

I’m barely out of underweight range, my current ideal diet is probably just “eat more”

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu May 09, 2019 5:51 pm

I originally was gonna go for a Asian food diet for 1 month* to see if I'll lower my weight of 59 kg to at least 55 kg.... But my mom wouldn't lemme go for due to sodium. So I had the limit my craving for Asian food to once a month. :roll:

*A diet plan for me to eat Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and other Asian country food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for one whole month

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu May 09, 2019 8:03 pm

zioy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 4:05 pm
I’m barely out of underweight range, my current ideal diet is probably just “eat more”
Caloric dense foods makes it easier to gain weight. Liver and meatloaf are pretty good for that, and carbs can help.
FireyPaperMario wrote: I originally was gonna go for a Asian food diet for 1 month* to see if I'll lower my weight of 59 kg to at least 55 kg.... But my mom wouldn't lemme go for due to sodium. So I had the limit my craving for Asian food to once a month. :roll:

*A diet plan for me to eat Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and other Asian country food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for one whole month
Nothing wrong with sodium. What exact foods were you going to try?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:I originally was gonna go for a Asian food diet for 1 month* to see if I'll lower my weight of 59 kg to at least 55 kg

why would you need to be this low, how tall are you, are you sure this isn't already in the range of underweight

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri May 10, 2019 6:19 am

Cedur wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:I originally was gonna go for a Asian food diet for 1 month* to see if I'll lower my weight of 59 kg to at least 55 kg

how tall are you,
I'm 5'4" (160 cm). And I fell a-bit overweight imo

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri May 10, 2019 6:35 am

Ok. This gives you a current BMI of about 23, which is already the normal range, but 55 kg is also acceptable. Abdominal fat is the most dangerous, so trying to get rid of it would be worthy if that's the case with you

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sat May 11, 2019 9:21 pm

I'm around 6 ft tall and 150 pounds

HelixByte
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: boi

Postby HelixByte » Mon May 13, 2019 2:18 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:34 am
I eat whatever, but limit my drinks to water and unsweetened tea. Sometimes I try out intermittent fasting; I'm doing an 16:8 fast right now. I've lost extra weight and it feels good really. Replacing soda with sparkling water made it really easy to quick drinking calories and go water/tea only. Keto sounds cool, and so does the Mediterranean diet for all the health benefits but like I enjoy basically having no restrictions on food groups. Might try 18:6 fasting eventually but overall I'm pretty content with occasional 16:8 fasting. I'm at a 23 BMI and aiming for somewhere between 21-22 so it really would just be a matter of preference than health needs to do any particular diet.

Does anyone here have a special diet or do any type of fasting?
i'm fasting right now!

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 pm

HelixByte wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:18 pm
i'm fasting right now!
How long have you been fasting for?

HelixByte
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: boi

Postby HelixByte » Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Eureka wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 pm
HelixByte wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:18 pm
i'm fasting right now!
How long have you been fasting for?
I started on monday (not in a row just like consecutive fasts)

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Re: Depression. (Please act mature)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:18 pm

I don't know how come I didn't see this thread until today, but I'll share my story.

I had become depressed as far back as middle school in late 2012. At the time, I couldn't see anything intriguing or "good" after dealing with oodles of bullying, blackmailing, and even poor treatment by some of the staff. It even became severe when I would occasionally get violent with anyone. When I joined the forums, I joined in hope to find a community. Within the span of 2015-early 2018, I was stressed and started having more anxiety attacks and felt like nothing would change and there was nothing I could do. I did see three different clinics, but they only wanted to know why I was there and nothing in depth (not even how I felt). I got hospitalized four times, attempted suicide six times, and nearly ran away from my borough after such a disastrous school year. It wasn't until last year where I finally met a counselor elsewhere who was very supportive, and I have been gaining more confidence recently. The past 6 years and 11 months before September were so dark and rough I nearly constantly felt like I was at fault for everything around me. I nearly went into a goth phase because I felt my life had completely been destroyed. As I'm slowly returning to my original self, I still have some rare moments where I deeply feel downhearted [usually thinking about someone empathetically, or about the possible future]. From the counselor and onward, I have been more careful on who I put my trust on because some of the situations that I've experienced: Blackmailing, manipulation, and even one time I got raped (Won't describe it because of gag order, but I already reported it). I left the SMBX community for 16 months despite a few logons because the state of it at the time was mentally bad for me. I even completely scrapped Shadow Kracko as a whole because the more I continued, the more I felt like it was only making people look bad, hence the sequel's stuck on Chapter 3.

Through those years, looking back, I understand now that I took everything way too seriously or idiotically. I was scared, traumatized, and even thought being autistic was a reason I shouldn't exist. Plus, 10 months after I discovered I was bisexual, I started blaming my identities. I was always putting pressure on myself because that was how I saw "normal" people. Just because you want to be seen as normal, doesn't mean should actually think anyone is. That only causes more depression because it can make you think you're a runt out of everyone. Don't be afraid. Remember, things can only get better. If you are someone who is struggling through depression, talk to anyone who reaches out to you the most, whether it's your parents, therapist, teachers, or even a counselor you may see if you go to a public school. You have a reason to live, and it can be found wherever, and whenever your heart truly loves you. :>

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:35 am

I personally feel that due to school causing so much stress in students, especially at later years, that it causes significant anxiety and depression in a lot of people. Schools really need to do more about this situation, and though they already are, I feel they can do much better.

Locus
Rex
Rex

Postby Locus » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:03 am

I am facing several roadblocks in my life at the moment. I have been dealing with depression for three years now and it's as if I don't see the light through the tunnel at all. I've had suicidal thoughts and have contacted a therapist which will (hopefully) soon contact me back for an appointment. Waking up every day feels like a living nightmare filled with anxiety and stress. Not to mention my parent's issues weighing down on me heavily. I am doing my very best to manage but sometimes I am just drained of every ounce of energy I have. I keep believing that eventually, things will get better and I gotta keep hanging on. Because I have seen some of my friends getting into a better mental state over time so I am convinced I can do it too. But, well, it sucks to on top of my depression be a high sensitive person because it is incredibly easy for me to take things to wrong way, especially now.

Return to “Sandbox”