What is happening in your country?

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Re: What is happening in your country?

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 am

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:47 am

Distribution of mass shootings across the "western" world

USA: 100%
rest: 0%

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:47 am

To be honest, I blame the mental lunatics to think reenacting violent shooting games just as CoD, and fortnite

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:08 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 am
Cedur wrote:

To be honest, I blame the mental lunatics to think reenacting violent shooting games just as CoD, and fortnite
Ah, the video games are to blame, I see.

CD20Superness
Snifit
Snifit

Postby CD20Superness » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:06 am

Electriking wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:08 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:40 am
Cedur wrote:

Ah, the video games are to blame, I see.
They shoudn't blame video games. :x

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:50 am

The roman senate stabbed Caesar because they lost a minecraft pvp game to him and got mad because of it.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:26 am

Bayern Munich only drew yesterday against Hertha BSC

EDIT: Dortmund 5:1

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm

The amazon rainforest is burning.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm
The amazon rainforest is burning.
I wonder what the right has to say about this...
How came both the center-right and the far-right are dead silent and the center-left is quiet about this?

Bolsonaro must be put in front of an international court for crimes against humanity... Sadly he won't be...

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Mass shootings happened under Obama with people of all colors.

In 2016 there was over 5,550 shootings in Chicago with over 4,000 people shot and over 700 dead. Mostly blacks killings blacks.

Mexico has full gun laws and 500% increase in shootings over America.

Mass shooters are like 1% of all death results in a year in America. The biggest killer in abortion resulting in more than 1 million babies every year.

Before anyone blames Trump the Dayton shooter was a Democrat.

Antifa is the biggest problem in America right now.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:39 pm
Antifa is a group of anti-rioters, aiming to migitate harm done by fascist movements across the country. Expand the term "antifa" into "anti-fascist" and you have basically every functioning citizen. Oh boy.
"What about their tendency to violence?"
There was this Portland thing a few weeks ago, which you probably heard of, where an antifa member used a hammer to attack someone in a bus. That happened at a rally of the Proud Boys neo-fascist group that was busing themselves across the country with their weapons etc etc. So, of course, anti-protesters come to the rally to make their stance against what these people stand for. The full video of the hammer incident is rarely shared in right-wing media because it would dismantle the image, easily seen by the token tweet that people tend to respond when it's mentioned: "Where did the hammer come from?" Inside the bus. The hand of the guy who ended up getting attacked by it. Who attacked first? The fascist inside the bus, who the hammer belonged to. Bit of a theme of counter-protest, counter-violence here.

Of course, violence is ultimately desired to be avoided, and this is just a token example showing the kind of violence going down there and the ways in which the truth is twisted by right-wing media. But it paints a picture: The antifa counter-protests are not at the root of the problem, but a consequence thereof. What if the country didn't have such a tendency to fascism and white supremacy? Well, less people would get (rightfully) upset about it!

Now, to that second point....
Abortion. Tricky topic. Many perspectives. First things first: Abortion happens wayyyy before birth, so there isn't actually a baby to be killed at that stage. It's a fetus a short while after conception. So. Why remove the fetus?
Well...
Spoiler: show
So even if you count abortion as a "killer", illegitimizing them can consequentially plummet 25+% of aborting women into unwanted situations. Noooooooot quite sure if this is really the "murder" statistic that should be pointed out. Something like "car accidents" sounds more ethically avoidable.

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:39 pm
Antifa is a group of anti-rioters, aiming to migitate harm done by fascist movements across the country. Expand the term "antifa" into "anti-fascist" and you have basically every functioning citizen. Oh boy.
"What about their tendency to violence?"
There was this Portland thing a few weeks ago, which you probably heard of, where an antifa member used a hammer to attack someone in a bus. That happened at a rally of the Proud Boys neo-fascist group that was busing themselves across the country with their weapons etc etc. So, of course, anti-protesters come to the rally to make their stance against what these people stand for. The full video of the hammer incident is rarely shared in right-wing media because it would dismantle the image, easily seen by the token tweet that people tend to respond when it's mentioned: "Where did the hammer come from?" Inside the bus. The hand of the guy who ended up getting attacked by it. Who attacked first? The fascist inside the bus, who the hammer belonged to. Bit of a theme of counter-protest, counter-violence here.

Of course, violence is ultimately desired to be avoided, and this is just a token example showing the kind of violence going down there and the ways in which the truth is twisted by right-wing media. But it paints a picture: The antifa counter-protests are not at the root of the problem, but a consequence thereof. What if the country didn't have such a tendency to fascism and white supremacy? Well, less people would get (rightfully) upset about it!

Now, to that second point....
Abortion. Tricky topic. Many perspectives. First things first: Abortion happens wayyyy before birth, so there isn't actually a baby to be killed at that stage. It's a fetus a short while after conception. So. Why remove the fetus?
Well...
Spoiler: show
So even if you count abortion as a "killer", illegitimizing them can consequentially plummet 25+% of aborting women into unwanted situations. Noooooooot quite sure if this is really the "murder" statistic that should be pointed out. Something like "car accidents" sounds more ethically avoidable.
I actually saw the full video of the bus and it's hard to tell who had the hammer first. I also saw the full unedited video if John turano and his 24 year old daughter Bianca who looks 12ish. He is also called spartan. In the video he was pushed to the ground and violently attacked by a large crowd kicking and punching him in front of his daughter. Another video showed another man lifeless on the ground with antifa surrounding him.

If you go to Twitter Andy ngo has many videos of Antifa. They attacked him kast month and caused brain damage. He was just filming them and did nothing wrong.

13 people arrested and all were Antifa. Per live feed the right wing groups were peaceful the entire time.

Patriot prayer is a Christian group and the leader told his follows not to start any violence.

Now everyone says proud boys are neo Nazis and white supremacists but the leaders are Cuban Hispanic and recently a African American proud boy was just on CNN for an interview. They welcome all races.

They were at Portland to protest Antifa and support Trump. After Trump was elected there was a video from Chicago where 2 blacks kids pulled a man out of his car and pushed him to the ground violently kicking him and screaming "you voted for Trump".

We never started the fire. The left did the day Trump won. I know African Americans who support trump. I work with them and they say if Trump is racist then so are they.

My point is Antifa is showing up to peaceful rally and being violent and the left won't condemn them.

They should be declared a terrorist group.

Added in 1 hour 19 minutes 43 seconds:
My last post did not show up so I will say this. Babies start to develop a heart beat at 3 weeks old and PP gets rich selling the body parts after it dies. Arms and legs. It's disgusting.

I don't mean to come off as rude or mean. I'm just stating my position. I don't like abortions and I don't like Antifa.

Kanye West said it best. 8 years of Obama and nothing changed in Chicago. Obama went from having 4 million dollars to 40 million after leaving the white house and his salary was not even close to that. Trump is donating his entire 4,0000 annual salary to good causes.

Also Russia was nothing but lies. Russia started meddling in 2014. Staffers warned Obama and he told them to do nothing. Hillary received millions in donation from Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Come 2016 Russia has hacked a dnc server and then tries to hack 10 polling stations and fails. A nsa analyst by the name of Reality winner blew the whistle and is sent to prison. Democrats should have seen her as a hero but don't defend her. Trump tweeted what she did (leaking evidence on Russia) was not that bad but does not pardon her.

Everyone freaks out. The dnc refuses to let the FBI investigate hacked server and instead hires crowdstrike, a foreign Intel agency owned by a Russian to investigate server. A top official in Ukraine denounces crowdstrike and later CS admitted to lying. They said lies to continue the investigation.

Then fusion GPS and their Russian lawyer make a fake dossier to try and frame Trump. It was all a bunch of lies by sore losers.

Trump won because ten million democrats who voted for Obama did not vote for Hillary and the blue collar worker force switched votes for Trump giving him Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and almost Minnesota and new Hampshire.

In pueblo county Colorado the people were suffering jobs. A Democratic stronghold for 45 years with almost 20,000 more registered democrats with a pop of almost 2000,000 people and Trump took over 90% of the dem voters there.

He promised jobs. Hillary did not really promise much. So the blue collar worker force sided with Trump.

These are the 2 reasons he won the electoral college. Trump took over 2,500 counties to Hillary's less then 500.

Now Hillary won the popular vote. It was proven in 2 states illegals voted but I still think Hillary would have won the pop vote without them. She did good in only 2 places. The district of Columbia where Washington DC is and California with a pop of 15 million Latinos and Hispanics. Now even though Trump won over most Cuban Hispanics he only took 29% of the Latino vote thus Hillary won in California. The rural counties were Republican while the big cities were Democratic.

California does not decide our president. The electoral college was set up so all states have a voice. The election was fair and this time it looks as if Trump may take 20-30% of the African American vote thanks to many black conservatives who were democrats before 2016. 2 black pastors even called Trump the first black president.

For a Democrat to beat Trump that person has to be aggressive in the debates, offer more than just free stiff and supporting illegals and most importantly that person must have the Democratic party United but the democrats lose voters every week and Trump has over 80% support with Republicans.

Last but not least 1 of the biggest Dem super pacs who donates millions in campaign funds has already announced they won't try for Ohio, Iowa or Texas. Now all but 1 president in history has taken Ohio. So less campaigning there is a mistake for dems. Now having Republican governors in Ohio and Iowa gives us an advantage but dems are also pushing the new green deal which is seen as unpopular because it has the potential to hurt jobs in some places including Ohio.

It's a long shot for the democrats but they could still win. I can say they have no chance with Biden so they need to pick a good candidate if they want any chance and Yang is the obe I consider a good candidate.

That's my opinion plus research and facts.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:19 am

the arch conservatist and right populist is back.

You can criticize antifa for their policy of fighting violence with violence, but at least they're fighting against violence and not for an abusive ideology full of ostracism and lies. The Democrats are no left extremists. Trump is a right extremist, a maniac, and a hypocrite. He shall never ever condemn any right terrorists if his hate speech and venom actually incites them. He shall never ever commiserate any victim of shootings when he keeps cuddling with the gun lobby. Every shooting is one too many.

Again, right extremism and right populism is the biggest poison to humanity and your cherrypicking and your awry comparisons don't change that.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:47 am

Teemster, if you are a Christian, why don't you follow this quote?
"There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus."

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 am

I was gonna reply to some of the points made but after half an hour of writing this post I decided that it'd take me weeks to put all the information into digestible paragraphcs that would only derail the thread further. I looked into that $400.000 claim first and found that it's from a facebook meme and that while he HAS been donating his salary, he did it while cutting way bigger funding from the departments he donated to ($100.000 in 2017 to DoE while cutting $9.200.000 from its budget). Then I went on a tangent on illegal immigrants, their importance to jobs around the country and how disgusting it is to just call illegal immigrants "illegals" since it's just 1 step away from calling them "aliens" which some people do. And then I stopped myself in the middle of researching the current border patrol scenario where people fall ill and false positives are held captive for weeks in some sort of modern holocaust scenario.
I was also gonna look into that "jobs" thing cause news are out that jobs are down ~500.000 from when Obama was president, but I really don't have the time to go into them all in detail.
I know that being unable to provide properly sourced claims is bad practice, but when bombarded with such sheer amounts of poorly sourced half-truths, it's impossible to keep up. Sorry.

LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: H E X
Pronouns: ask for pronouns

Postby LGLMAKING » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:51 am

"Prinsjesdag". Start of the next Dutch political season. Hasn't actually happened yet but the plans always leak out

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:07 pm

What kind of brainless trash supports antifa

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:19 am
the arch conservatist and right populist is back.

You can criticize antifa for their policy of fighting violence with violence, but at least they're fighting against violence and not for an abusive ideology full of ostracism and lies. The Democrats are no left extremists. Trump is a right extremist, a maniac, and a hypocrite. He shall never ever condemn any right terrorists if his hate speech and venom actually incites them. He shall never ever commiserate any victim of shootings when he keeps cuddling with the gun lobby. Every shooting is one too many.

Again, right extremism and right populism is the biggest poison to humanity and your cherrypicking and your awry comparisons don't change that.
Yet there was no violence from the right at the Portland rallies thus there was no violence for Antifa to fight against.

By law anyone can hold a peaceful rally.

Added in 3 minutes 47 seconds:
Enjl wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:23 am
I was gonna reply to some of the points made but after half an hour of writing this post I decided that it'd take me weeks to put all the information into digestible paragraphcs that would only derail the thread further. I looked into that $400.000 claim first and found that it's from a facebook meme and that while he HAS been donating his salary, he did it while cutting way bigger funding from the departments he donated to ($100.000 in 2017 to DoE while cutting $9.200.000 from its budget). Then I went on a tangent on illegal immigrants, their importance to jobs around the country and how disgusting it is to just call illegal immigrants "illegals" since it's just 1 step away from calling them "aliens" which some people do. And then I stopped myself in the middle of researching the current border patrol scenario where people fall ill and false positives are held captive for weeks in some sort of modern holocaust scenario.
I was also gonna look into that "jobs" thing cause news are out that jobs are down ~500.000 from when Obama was president, but I really don't have the time to go into them all in detail.
I know that being unable to provide properly sourced claims is bad practice, but when bombarded with such sheer amounts of poorly sourced half-truths, it's impossible to keep up. Sorry.
I respect your opinion and Thank you for your input. I'm not always right myself.

Added in 4 minutes 30 seconds:
glitch4 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:07 pm
What kind of brainless trash supports antifa
I have no problem with Antifa holding peaceful counter protests. They have a right to do so.

My problem is when they resort to violence and hate with people they don't like.

I'm sure there are some neo Nazis on the right that attend these rallies but not everyone is like that. Cubans and Africans are members of proud boys.

I also don't support the kkk, neo Nazis or violence from the right. I also don't support all Republicans. What I refuse to do is give anyone a free pass just because they are in my party.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Teemster2 wrote:I also don't support the kkk, neo Nazis or violence from the right. I also don't support all Republicans. What I refuse to do is give anyone a free pass just because they are in my party.

but you still support Trump, his enemy concepts, his lies and his attitude (in short, his narcissism)?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Trump's frequent twitter ramblings and distractions follow the trend of previous ramblings which were aimed at overwhelming the public so that the important news gets swept under the rug, covered by the "regular insanity". Some headlines from this week that didn't get enough attention:
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/23/whistl ... x-returns/
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 5944974336 (Direct links to sources [1] [2])

I yearn for the days when the US president was in favour of unity within the country rather than spewing hatred and dividing it, tbh.

Return to “Archives”