The Icon of Chaos - Main Game Thread

Participate in Mario-themed roleplays with the community!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Re: The Icon of Chaos - Main Game Thread

Postby underFlo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:37 pm

"Ah, thanks for the info, Darian." Lunaga adds some more notes:
Goomlema saw culprits at 11 PM - 4 hour time gap before loud noise
"You know, up until now I've been under the assumption that Goomlema saw the culprits running away, but this sounds more like they came from the west. Either way, I wanna head back to the town square to ask O'Napals about what he saw and also ask a few of the other residents if they heard said noise at 3 AM - it'd be weird if only he heard it. Maybe you could interrogate some of them while I talk to O'Napals?"

And with that, Lunaga heads towards the town square and into the lumbermill, looking for the old Bob-Omb.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Darian added that it could be a good idea to go around pubs and ask when the red koopa left in the night of the crime. He, however, agreed to Lunaga's plan and started asking around the town about any noise that could have been possibly heard.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Shif wandered into the general store casually, making sure no one strange was following him.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:28 am

Spinda wrote:"Ah, thanks for the info, Darian." Lunaga adds some more notes:
"You know, up until now I've been under the assumption that Goomlema saw the culprits running away, but this sounds more like they came from the west. Either way, I wanna head back to the town square to ask O'Napals about what he saw and also ask a few of the other residents if they heard said noise at 3 AM - it'd be weird if only he heard it. Maybe you could interrogate some of them while I talk to O'Napals?"

And with that, Lunaga heads towards the town square and into the lumbermill, looking for the old Bob-Omb.
Lunaga arrives at the lumbermill around the south end of town; various people are hauling wood and such. She sees a tough-looking, mustachioed Bob-omb debarking the trunk a large oak tree.

"Ah! You're new to town," he says, his eyes narrowing. "Aren't you the Noki who stole that statue last night? I saw it with my own eyes! O'Napal is my name, and I never forget a face. I saw you and your friends haul that statue off to the west side of town, I did! If I were 10 years younger, I would've knocked some sense into you myself!" He storms off angrily, but seemingly too engaged in his work to actually engage with Lunaga further.
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Darian added that it could be a good idea to go around pubs and ask when the red koopa left in the night of the crime. He, however, agreed to Lunaga's plan and started asking around the town about any noise that could have been possibly heard.
Darian makes an effort to talk to as many townsfolk as possible, strategically making his way around town (Performance: 15) While most townsfolk seem generally indifferent or at most a bit worried about the crime that has occurred in the usually peaceful village but not letting it affect their daily lives, he does find a young Goomba who seem genuinely shocked.

"It was terrible!" she says excitedly. "My girlfriend and I were fast asleep, and then there was this loud knocking sound! It must've been in the dead of night, I don't know exactly when, but it certainly was a shock! I told the sheriff this morning, but he didn't put much stock in it since he said old O'Napal already had told him about the statue's theft, and I didn't really have detailed information." She sighs. "Oh - we live right over there, by the way." She points with her head to a cottage near the town square.
Danny wrote:Shif wandered into the general store casually, making sure no one strange was following him.
Shif slinks into the general store shifty-eyed, peeking behind him to see if anyone's following. (Perception: 21) As he walks through the store's front door, he thinks he sees a red-shelled Koopa Troopa peering at him from behind a house on the other side of the town square.

A green-shelled Koopa Troopa greets Shif from behind the counter. "Hm hm hm... I feel like I've seen you somewhere before..." he says, putting his hand on his chin. "Oh yes, that's right! You were one of the people who made off with the statue last night, weren't you!" He stares at Shif, expecting an answer.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:37 am

Shif doesn't seem at all surprised by the accusation, and he simply shakes his head. "No, actually, I wasn't one of the ones who made off with the statue, despite what that sheriff keeps saying. In fact, I actually came in here to ask a few questions about that whole thing, I was wondering if you might have any clues or leads on who may have done it." Shif browses the store's wares inconspicuously. "Some of the other newcomers, the other supposed thieves, have also been quite confused and concerned as to why they're being blamed for a crime they didn't commit, so I have the feeling that whoever did this is framing us for some reason. I'd just like to get to the bottom of it."

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:03 am

Darian decided to head over to the town square to speak to Sergeant Y and the toad. He wanted to report to the others about everything he found out, although she didn't have an idea of when. This new witness likely confirmed the noise. However, he still had no idea of where the red koopa was, and Darian planned to ask around pubs.
Last edited by Thehelmetguy1 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:17 am

As O'Napals heads back to his work, Lunaga asks, "I'm sorry for the intrusion, but when when would I be able to talk to you? I believe I have been framed in this act, so I'd like to get more information on what happened. If there's anything I could do to help you at this point, I would be glad to do so."

O'Napals seems to have seen the most out of all the witnesses, so getting his account in full is of utmost importance to Lunaga.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Danny wrote:Shif doesn't seem at all surprised by the accusation, and he simply shakes his head. "No, actually, I wasn't one of the ones who made off with the statue, despite what that sheriff keeps saying. In fact, I actually came in here to ask a few questions about that whole thing, I was wondering if you might have any clues or leads on who may have done it." Shif browses the store's wares inconspicuously. "Some of the other newcomers, the other supposed thieves, have also been quite confused and concerned as to why they're being blamed for a crime they didn't commit, so I have the feeling that whoever did this is framing us for some reason. I'd just like to get to the bottom of it."
"Listen, you don't need to be so secretive about this!" the shopkeeper says, waving Shif over. "I get why you don't want old Alessandro thinking you did it. I wouldn't either," he whispers. "But you don't have to pretend for me! I've been waiting for someone to tear down that statue for years."

"This town used to belong to the Koopa Kingdom, you know. My homeland. I can't believe they're still putting statues of Overalls Man up everywhere! It's about time someone finally did something about it! And I've gotta say, I wasn't expecting a Toad to be among their ranks. I really appreciate it."

"And really, no need to deny it. I was cleaning up the stock room early this morning, when it was still dark, you know, gotta handle that before the place opens, when I heard a loud knock. I came outside to see what was up when I saw you and three others carrying the statue toward the west side of town. Don't worry, I didn't tell nothing to old Alessandro." He winks at Shif. "Frankly, I'm just surprised you all stayed in town after that. I wouldn't have been that brave."
Spinda wrote:As O'Napals heads back to his work, Lunaga asks, "I'm sorry for the intrusion, but when when would I be able to talk to you? I believe I have been framed in this act, so I'd like to get more information on what happened. If there's anything I could do to help you at this point, I would be glad to do so."

O'Napals seems to have seen the most out of all the witnesses, so getting his account in full is of utmost importance to Lunaga.
Lunaga voices her pleas for O'Napal's attention. (Persuasion: 9) He gruffly turns around to face Lunaga, rolling his eyes. "Hasn't Sheriff Alessandro already spoken to you about this! No point in denying it any longer, I saw this with me own eyes!" He sighs. "On the off chance I'm wrong about this, I'm sorry. My vision isn't as good as it used to be, I must admit. But it 'twas you, it 'twas! What other Noki would be traipsing around Stompwood? I haven't seen a Noki in this town in thirty years. And this one surely had a shell just like yours, she did. I followed the thieves as far as old lady Goomlena's house and saw them walk into the forest. I don't know what happened after that! Now let me get back to work!"

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Shif gives the shopkeeper an incredibly stern look, and then nods and leaves. He knew for certain that he couldn't tell the sheriff anything about this, he wouldn't believe Shif, so he looked for the others instead. Spotting Darian in the town square, he made his way over. "Hey there, I believe we've sort of met before, I'm Shif. I've got some interesting info about the thievery that we might want to share with the others."

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Sergeant Y notices Shina, who he happens to know. "Oh hi Shina. Did not realise you were also coming here. We are in a bit of a situation here. Please can you help us with this crime? We are.. uh.. being falsely accused right now."

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Upon hearing Shif's words, Darian was quite interested in hearing what the toad had to say. "Go ahead. All info helps." The koopa replied

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Seeing how agitated the Bob-Omb has gotten, Lunaga decides to let it rest for now and leaves the lumbermill.
She adds the following to her notes:
culprits entered forest near Goomlema's house after O'Napals saw them
rough list of events:
11 PM: Goomlema sees culprits near her house
???: Statue gets stolen
3 AM: loud noise that awakes O'Napals, culprits escape near Goomlema's house
Of course, this means that the forest is a point of interest. However, since she's not allowed to leave town, investigating said area would be difficult. She decides to head back to the inn, looking for sheriff Alessandro in order to ask for permission to investigate.
Previous notes: show
statue vanished - nagic?
three witnesses:
O'Napal, bob-omb, lumbermill - heard loud knock at 3 am - was it not magic at all? or was that sound caused with the intention of attracting people's attention? did anyone else hear it? if he saw us making off with the statue, was it not magic?
red-shelled koopa - not from around here? did he not hear that sound?
Goomlema, goomba, west end - when did she see us? what were we doing at that time? did the culprit escape westward?
probably best to split up to cover more ground

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Shif relays to Darian what the shopkeeper had told him.
Relayed Information: show
"Listen, you don't need to be so secretive about this!" the shopkeeper says, waving Shif over. "I get why you don't want old Alessandro thinking you did it. I wouldn't either," he whispers. "But you don't have to pretend for me! I've been waiting for someone to tear down that statue for years."

"This town used to belong to the Koopa Kingdom, you know. My homeland. I can't believe they're still putting statues of Overalls Man up everywhere! It's about time someone finally did something about it! And I've gotta say, I wasn't expecting a Toad to be among their ranks. I really appreciate it."

"And really, no need to deny it. I was cleaning up the stock room early this morning, when it was still dark, you know, gotta handle that before the place opens, when I heard a loud knock. I came outside to see what was up when I saw you and three others carrying the statue toward the west side of town. Don't worry, I didn't tell nothing to old Alessandro." He winks at Shif. "Frankly, I'm just surprised you all stayed in town after that. I wouldn't have been that brave."
"I think we should tell the others about this, since it does concern them. Just don't tell the sheriff."

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:05 pm

"The shopkeeper said that? Do you think we should suspect him?" Darian answered. He didn't know what to think of that. But he agreed about not telling the sheriff, since he wouldn't believe the story. However, Darian did think on tricking the shopkeeper into telling Darian something like that while the sheriff could hear it. However, he didn't really know how he could do this.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:35 am

Spinda wrote:Of course, this means that the forest is a point of interest. However, since she's not allowed to leave town, investigating said area would be difficult. She decides to head back to the inn, looking for sheriff Alessandro in order to ask for permission to investigate.
"You wanna go to the forest?" the sheriff says, still talking with Mr. Stangoom at the inn when Lunaga walks back into the lobby. "Hmmm... You know what? Alright. You're obviously putting in some work on investigating this. Starting to think you might not have done this after all. I'll tell you what, though. Report back to my office tomorrow morning with some kinda material evidence, even if you don't get the statue itself, and I'll call all this off. On the other hand, if I don't see you back here tomorrow morning, I might have to call in some of my investigator friends from the Village of Shy to look for you. And you're not gonna like that. Capiche?"

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:10 pm

She notices the Sergeant and is a bit shocked. "Surprised you recognize me after all this time." she thinks for a second. "Who would accuse a war hero such as your self?, I was passing through town looking for a place to learn more about Necromancy myself. Mind telling me what kind of Crime was placed on your head as bounty then?" She then looks at the innkeeper asking "Got anything for Breakfast;" assuming it was closer to 15:00 or 16:00 when she woke up.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 pm

"Thank you very much for allowing me to investigate further." After thanking the sheriff, Lunaga heads to Goomlema's house.

Seeing the nearby forest, she is reminded that she didn't get any research done the entire day. "Indeed, but I recognize that the current takes precedence over research, so do not worry yourself over this and continue the investigation."
After she stayed quiet for such a long time, Lunaga was afraid that perhaps she had angered the Mother of the Stars, but it seems that is not the case. As such, she focuses her efforts on investigating the entrance to the forest for footprints or other pieces of evidence.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:41 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:She notices the Sergeant and is a bit shocked. "Surprised you recognize me after all this time." she thinks for a second. "Who would accuse a war hero such as your self?, I was passing through town looking for a place to learn more about Necromancy myself. Mind telling me what kind of Crime was placed on your head as bounty then?" She then looks at the innkeeper asking "Got anything for Breakfast;" assuming it was closer to 15:00 or 16:00 when she woke up.
The innkeeper nods to Shina. "Oh yes, Ms., er, Essette! And don't worry about breakfast - you didn't sleep in that late! It's only 2 hours before noon." He retreats into the kitchen for a moment and brings out a plate of grilled mushrooms. "You'll forgive me if these aren't quite as warm as what I got for Ms. Lassia and friends earlier." He leans in to whisper to Shina. "By the way, the other four guests apparently stole the statue of the hero from the town square. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's certainly the strangest thing that's happened around here for quite a while."
Spinda wrote:Seeing the nearby forest, she is reminded that she didn't get any research done the entire day. "Indeed, but I recognize that the current takes precedence over research, so do not worry yourself over this and continue the investigation."
After she stayed quiet for such a long time, Lunaga was afraid that perhaps she had angered the Mother of the Stars, but it seems that is not the case. As such, she focuses her efforts on investigating the entrance to the forest for footprints or other pieces of evidence.
Lunaga investigates the area around the entrance to the forest. (Investigation: 21) She finds somewhat faint footprints leading both in and out of the woods, perhaps heading due west - but it's hard to tell without entering.

EDIT: There are four sets of footprints.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:53 pm

"If that is the case, it appears I did not sleep long enough;" trying to joke around with her nocturnal nature based of the type of magic she uses. "I doubt the Sergent would do such a thing, but people change. I would like to see if he really did such a thing. I have to ask, how do you steal a statue, that Thing looked pretty massive when I saw it last night at <insert a valid time past midnight> before checking in here." She finishes her meal and goes to investigate what she can from the statue's original place. (Persuasion Check?) Hoping to find Foot prints and other signs of erosion, explosion, or carry on. (Investigation Check?)

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Darian also remembers something. "On another note, Shif, if you see a red koopa around, tell me. He is one of the witnesses, and I want to see if I can talk to him about the crime." He says. After that, he enters the inn and asks the sheriff if the red koopa told him which was the pub he came from when he supposedly saw the group around the statue

Return to “Roleplaying”