The Icon of Chaos - Main Game Thread

Participate in Mario-themed roleplays with the community!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Re: The Icon of Chaos - Main Game Thread

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:11 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:"If that is the case, it appears I did not sleep long enough;" trying to joke around with her nocturnal nature based of the type of magic she uses. "I doubt the Sergent would do such a thing, but people change. I would like to see if he really did such a thing. I have to ask, how do you steal a statue, that Thing looked pretty massive when I saw it last night at <insert a valid time past midnight> before checking in here." She finishes her meal and goes to investigate what she can from the statue's original place. (Persuasion Check?) Hoping to find Foot prints and other signs of erosion, explosion, or carry on. (Investigation Check?)
Shina inspects the pedestal of the missing statue. (Perception: 12) She makes out the same inscription as Darian did, but can't read it due to being written in Mushroomish (this was a mistake on my part to show it before, sorry).

She then investigates the ground around the statue. (Investigation: 11) She notices that there seem to be some footprints on the west side of the statue, but can't tell where they lead.

By the way, Mech, please don't say things like "<insert a valid time past midnight>". This is roleplaying, it's OK (and encouraged) to be specific and it looks really unnatural when you do it like this.

(also I think you meant Perception, not Persuasion lol)
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Darian also remembers something. "On another note, Shif, if you see a red koopa around, tell me. He is one of the witnesses, and I want to see if I can talk to him about the crime." He says. After that, he enters the inn and asks the sheriff if the red koopa told him which was the pub he came from when he supposedly saw the group around the statue
"Well, uh, there's only one pub in town, so that's an easy answer. The Prancing Podoboo, across the town square from this inn. Can't miss it," the sheriff says, pointing out the window.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:59 am

"I see. Thanks for the info." Darian replied. After asking, he saw Sergeant Y there, and decided to tell him about the shopkeeper as well as reminding him not to tell it to the sheriff, since he wouldn't believe it. Darian then went to the Prancing Podoboo and asked about the red koopa and when he left the pub last night.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Tue May 01, 2018 9:44 am

Lunaga crouches down near the footprints and sketches their shapes onto a sheet of paper in order to preserve them for further reference. She then heads into the woods, following the footprints while trying not to be too obvious - the culprits might still be in the area.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Shif, still in the center of town, watches Darian go to the pub and decides to follow along.

(Approximately how much time has passed in our searches so far?)

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue May 01, 2018 7:44 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:"I see. Thanks for the info." Darian replied. After asking, he saw Sergeant Y there, and decided to tell him about the shopkeeper as well as reminding him not to tell it to the sheriff, since he wouldn't believe it. Darian then went to the Prancing Podoboo and asked about the red koopa and when he left the pub last night.
Danny wrote:Shif, still in the center of town, watches Darian go to the pub and decides to follow along.

(Approximately how much time has passed in our searches so far?)
It's been about an hour since the party first left the inn.

Darian walks into the Prancing Podoboo with Shif following. The interior of the pub is small and dark. A Beanish woman is standing behind the bar, washing some dishes in a basin.

"Good morning!" she says. "The place doesn't open until sunset, you know."

"Oh, a red-shelled Koopa, you say? Hmm... I guess there might've been someone like that in here last night. Said he didn't want to chat much, and that he just wanted a quick drink to get a survey of the town. Sounded kinda strange, if you ask me, but you didn't - and it's not my job to judge!"
Spinda wrote:Lunaga crouches down near the footprints and sketches their shapes onto a sheet of paper in order to preserve them for further reference. She then heads into the woods, following the footprints while trying not to be too obvious - the culprits might still be in the area.
Lunaga attempts to follow the footprints all the way to their source. The woods are a bit dark and the footprints are covered in leaves, (Survival: 4) and she loses track of where they led to, instead coming face to face with a hungry-looking Piranha Plant!

Lunaga is standing about 10 feet away from the Piranha Plant, and she gets the jump on it.

Battle Status
Lunaga, init: 9
Piranha Plant, init: 3

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Darian decided to ask the woman if she knew the exact time the red koopa left the inn.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:00 am

She tries to follow the footsteps to the best of her ability. She ends up fumbling by following the crew's footsteps instead. (Unknown check?)

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Wed May 02, 2018 3:13 am

Sergeant Y decides that he wants to see O'Nepal to see if he can get some information from him.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Wed May 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Shif leans on the counter, examining the pub. "We're in pursuit of a group of thieves that are bearing ours, and some other newcomers' likenesses. I had a little chat with the general store shopkeep, that green Koopa, and he seemed pretty... suspicious. I have a feeling that there's some greater scheme going on here, and I want to get to the bottom of it. Do you know anything about the shopkeeper?"

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Being so busy trying to find the footprints, Lunaga is startled by the piranha plant and instinctively reels back 10 feet. She then regains her composure and concentrates on an Eldritch Blast cantrip, sending a dark purple beam of energy towards the Piranha Plant.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed May 02, 2018 11:48 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Darian decided to ask the woman if she knew the exact time the red koopa left the inn.
"The inn? Couldn't tell you. I can tell you, though, he didn't stay too late. Probably left only, hmm, 2, 3 hours before midnight at most?" she explains. "Did he stand you up or something?" She chuckles a little. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not judging. Hope you find whoever you're looking for."
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:She tries to follow the footsteps to the best of her ability. She ends up fumbling by following the crew's footsteps instead. (Unknown check?)
Shina follows the footsteps to the best of her ability. (Survival: 14) She tracks them to the entrance of the woods. She notices another set of footprints meeting them here in the muddy dirt near the entrance to the forest; (Nature: 8) They belong to a humanoid creature, but Shina's not sure what race exactly.
Electriking wrote:Sergeant Y decides that he wants to see O'Nepal to see if he can get some information from him.
Sergeant Y. walks to the lumbermill to find O'Napal hauling logs as usual.

"You!" he says, squinting as he spots Sergeant Y. What are ye doing here? Are all ye statue thieves here to taunt me? To intimidate an old Bob-omb about his perceptive tendencies? Is that it? Or are ye all just here to gloat? Oh yes, your Noki friend came by earlier, she did, asking for information. Is that what you're going to tell me you want to?"
Danny wrote:Shif leans on the counter, examining the pub. "We're in pursuit of a group of thieves that are bearing ours, and some other newcomers' likenesses. I had a little chat with the general store shopkeep, that green Koopa, and he seemed pretty... suspicious. I have a feeling that there's some greater scheme going on here, and I want to get to the bottom of it. Do you know anything about the shopkeeper?"
"Oh, you mean Koonder!" she says, laughing to herself. "Oh, he can be a wild one, alright, always acting shady around the sheriff. I even hear he vandalized the statue of the hero a few years ago with... well, let's say an inappropriate symbol or two. Stealing it, though? I doubt he'd be involved in that. He's just loyal to his home country - he's always telling me stories about how he grew up on the shores of Lake Ludwig back when tensions with this kingdom were much worse. I guess I get what he means - moving here from my home in Teehee Valley was quite a culture shock."

"I doubt he's your culprit, though - that red-shelled Koopa your friend was speaking about seems much more likely. I've known Koonder for 10 years - if he was going to do something like this, he would've done it a long time ago. And I don't think he'd risk compromising his business like that, anyways."
Spinda wrote:Being so busy trying to find the footprints, Lunaga is startled by the piranha plant and instinctively reels back 10 feet. She then regains her composure and concentrates on an Eldritch Blast cantrip, sending a dark purple beam of energy towards the Piranha Plant.
Lunaga shoots her Eldritch Blast toward the Piranha Plant. (Eldritch Blast: 17 to hit) She strikes the Piranha Plant's head. ZAP! It takes 1 force damage.

The Piranha Plant burrows through the dirt toward Lunaga, then pokes its head about and attempts to chomp on her. (Bite: 23 to hit) It bites Lunaga right in her arm. OUCH! She takes 3 piercing damage.

Battle Status
Lunaga, init: 9. 7/10 hit points
Piranha Plant, init: 3. -1 hit points

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:50 am

She finds the forest and bewildered why tracks would go from the statue to a forest and desides to enter the forest looking for anything to help.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:02 am

So the red koopa likely reserved a room about 2 or 3 hours before midnight, maybe a bit earlier. "How about here? Do you know the exact time he left this pub?"

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri May 04, 2018 3:26 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:She finds the forest and bewildered why tracks would go from the statue to a forest and desides to enter the forest looking for anything to help.
Shina continues to follow the tracks to the best of her ability. (Survival: 2) She gets lost as well, and runs into a couple of black Fuzzies. They begin growling in the Fuzzy language, and jump toward her menacingly.

Battle Status
Shina, init: 11
Fuzzy 2, init: 10
Fuzzy 1, init: 8
thehelmetguy1 wrote:So the red koopa likely reserved a room about 2 or 3 hours before midnight, maybe a bit earlier. "How about here? Do you know the exact time he left this pub?"
"Ah, that's what I meant, actually - he left here a few hours before midnight. I'm not sure what he was doing at the inn. I'm sorry," she shakes her head.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Beanish Woman: Red Koopa left the pub a few hours before midnight. Maximum of 2 or 3 hours before the time. Therefore, he saw the culprits around the statue at 9-10 PM or earlier
Goomlena: Saw the culprits talking about something related to the town hall. 11 PM.
O'Napal: Heard a knocking like noise at 3 AM. Saw the thieves making off with the statue
Couple: Heard the noise as well.
Koonder: Seemed satisfied with the missing statue.
Darian just needed to know more about this. The culprits were around the statue at 9-10 PM. But they decided to talk about it after that. In 3 AM there was a knocking sound. The statue was crudely removed. Unlikely to be magic. O'Napal was an important witness, however the red koopa was also pretty important in the case. The koopa thanked the woman in the pub and left it. He also decided to talk to Alessandro about the couple to see if they had indeed reported to the sheriff, and took the opportunity to ask if the red koopa told him which time saw the culprits close to the statue.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri May 04, 2018 6:08 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Darian just needed to know more about this. The culprits were around the statue at 9-10 PM. But they decided to talk about it after that. In 3 AM there was a knocking sound. The statue was crudely removed. Unlikely to be magic. O'Napal was an important witness, however the red koopa was also pretty important in the case. The koopa thanked the woman in the pub and left it. He also decided to talk to Alessandro about the couple to see if they had indeed reported to the sheriff, and took the opportunity to ask if the red koopa told him which time saw the culprits close to the statue.
"What time he saw the culprits?" Sheriff Alessandro pushes his hand up under his nose in thought. "Hmmm... He said it was in the early morning last night. Maybe 1, 2, 3 hours after midnight? Don't think he was any more specific than that."

"And nah, that couple didn't say anythin' about this to me. I know the two of them, though. They're a bit scared, like to stay out of trouble. Doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't say anythin' about this, especially since a couple of other witnesses had already been by this morning."

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Lunaga disengages from the Piranha plant, 30 feet backwards, while keeping an eye on the ground where it appeared from, checking to see if there's anything notable about it.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat May 05, 2018 1:49 pm

"Odd. Unless the red koopa for some reason stayed there for a while. The beanish woman at the pub said that he left before midnight." Darian said, but he decided not to say that the couple told him that they reported. But the contradicions were very odd. The koopa wasn't sure if the sheriff would believe him, but he had to try.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Spinda wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:28 pm
Lunaga disengages from the Piranha plant, 30 feet backwards, while keeping an eye on the ground where it appeared from, checking to see if there's anything notable about it.
Lunaga disengages from the Piranha Plant. It snarls menacingly as it realizes that its prey has moved away, its teeth dripping with liquid, but it burrows away, seemingly uninterested in pursuing her further. Lunaga observes the ground as she walks away (Perception: 18) and notices that the dirt in this area appears to be overturned, suggesting that there is a fair amount of Piranha Plant activity in the area.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:25 pm

She draws her dagers from her robe so she can prepare to strike at the fuzzies. (The fact they are in the same square make me think they both would get hit.)

Return to “Roleplaying”