The Icon of Chaos - Main Game Thread

Participate in Mario-themed roleplays with the community!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The Icon of Chaos - Main Game Thread

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Sergeant Y feels as if he needs to speak to the red koopa. "Is that red-shelled koopa still nearby. I would like to see him? Also, any information of the colour of this Yoshi that was spotted last night? I don't remember being around the statue with a Noki, Koopa or Toad last night. I have only met you guys today when we were put into this predicament. Also I am Sergeant Y, but I honestly doubt that there is anyone who does not know me. I am quite well know on Yoshi Island and the Mushroom Kingdom. But I think the Yoshi's colour could prove critical to the investigation."

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:06 pm

"Nice to meet you, Lunaga and Sergeant Y. I am Darian. I will also be on my way to the pond to get some water to drink." Darian replied. "I am gonna talk to Goomlema after that." Finally, he asked the innkeeper if he saw the red koopa this day.
And so, the koopa went towards the pond, while telling Sergeant Y and Lunaga that they could ask some people about the red koopa, and agreed with Lunaga on asking around about any noise that they could have heard.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Shif was intrigued with this mystery, and so he wandered out to the statue after finishing a meal, hoping to find any clues around the statue, such as tracks or leftover tools of any sort.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Spinda wrote:Lunaga thanks the innkeeper for his explanation before facing the Koopa. "Thanks for the info! The rough texture makes me think that it might not have been magic after all, or something akin to an explosion as you suggested. Aside from talking to the witnesses, we should also ask others in the area around the town square if they heard that loud noise - it must've awoken some other people as well. I'll first head over to the pond near the mayor's house to soak myself with some water, you can come along and get some yourself if you want to. We should also be on the lookout for the red Koopa, assuming he hasn't left yet. After that, I'd personally like to talk to O'Napal - either of you are free to join me if you want to."
As Lunaga's halfway through the door, she adds "Oh, and my name's Lunaga Lassia - I think we should at least know each other's names if we're gonna investigate together."
She then heads over to the pond.
Lunaga arrives at the pond. There is a small stream branching off of it that leads off to the woods north of town, more-or-less directly toward the Koopish border. This is a residential area, several houses are nearby. The mayor's house seems to have silver plating around the roof, signifying its importance. There is a wooden sign pinned to its front wall: "Mayor Lou's Residence - Please Make an Appointment at the Sheriff's Office".
Electriking wrote:Sergeant Y feels as if he needs to speak to the red koopa. "Is that red-shelled koopa still nearby. I would like to see him? Also, any information of the colour of this Yoshi that was spotted last night? I don't remember being around the statue with a Noki, Koopa or Toad last night. I have only met you guys today when we were put into this predicament. Also I am Sergeant Y, but I honestly doubt that there is anyone who does not know me. I am quite well know on Yoshi Island and the Mushroom Kingdom. But I think the Yoshi's colour could prove critical to the investigation."
"Well," Sheriff Alessandro says gruffly. "Eyewitnesses described a Yoshi with a dark red skin tone - whole lot like you, kid. Look, I don't care how well-known you think you are. This is a pretty small town. I tell you I'm some kinda famous guy on Isle Delfino, you gonna believe me? Forget about it."

"Now, on the subject of that, uh, red-shelled Koopa, nah, I ain't seem him around before. I dunno where he went, exactly. Think I saw him heading off to the west side of town after he left the office, though."
thehelmetguy1 wrote:"Nice to meet you, Lunaga and Sergeant Y. I am Darian. I will also be on my way to the pond to get some water to drink." Darian replied. "I am gonna talk to Goomlema after that." Finally, he asked the innkeeper if he saw the red koopa this day.
And so, the koopa went towards the pond, while telling Sergeant Y and Lunaga that they could ask some people about the red koopa, and agreed with Lunaga on asking around about any noise that they could have heard.
"A-actually, yes, Mr. Darian, I did see the red Koopa - a red Koopa anyways, I can't say for sure he was the same one, but he was an unfamiliar red-shelled Koopa, alright," Mr. Stangoom replies nervously. "He came by yesterday morning asking to reserve a room at the inn for the night, a bit before any of you arrived in town. He never returned, though, which I thought was a little strange."
Danny wrote:Shif was intrigued with this mystery, and so he wandered out to the statue after finishing a meal, hoping to find any clues around the statue, such as tracks or leftover tools of any sort.
Shif investigates the remains of the statue. (Investigation: 5) He doesn't find anything unusual, though.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:45 am

Red koopa went to the west side after going to the sheriff's office.
Yesterday morning he reserved a room, but didn't come back.
Who was this red koopa? Darian wondered while he went to the pond

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 pm

"I would like to know at what time exactly was the statue last seen." Asked the Yoshi.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:46 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Red koopa went to the west side after going to the sheriff's office.
Yesterday morning he reserved a room, but didn't come back.
Who was this red koopa? Darian wondered while he went to the pond
Arriving at the pond, Darian sees the same thing as Lunaga - a stream and small pond in a residential area, and the lavish mayor's house with a wooden sign on its front.
Electriking wrote:"I would like to know at what time exactly was the statue last seen." Asked the Yoshi.
"Ehhh... It was still there when I made the final rounds last night. Probably around 10:30 or so," says Sheriff Alessandro. "I was pretty surprised when O'Napal came by this morning tellin' me it was gone - he was all bangin' on my door, sayin' there's trouble and all that. Guess he said he saw it being carried off at, uh, about 3 past midnight."

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Darian decided to drink some of the water of the pond

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Watching the Sheriff and the Yoshi walk by, Shif decided to follow behind them slowly before approaching them directly. Shif cleared his throat to get their attention. "Mister Sheriff, do you have a best guess on where the statue may have been hidden or taken to? Do you know of any local troublemakers or potential threats that may have done something like this? I'm sure if you asked that old innkeeper, he could confirm that I was asleep all through the night, so there's no way I would have been able to partake in such a crime. Not that I would."

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:03 pm

The Yoshi decided to take a drink and the responds with "Well the last time I was outside the inn was at 9:30 last night, an hour before you did your final rounds. I don't know when Darien, Lunaga and the Toad was out but I have a feeling the thief may have been the Koopa Kingdom. I know that the Mushroom Kingdom still recieves hate from a small group living in the Koopa Kingdom and they have a strong hate towards the hero this statue comemorates. Perhaps one of them, out of complete disrespect, decided to destroy the statue, knowing how much of an insult it would be to everyone living in the Mushroom Kingdom. I don't really have any other theories or know how to expand on it but maybe the others do?"

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Lunaga places her belongings near the pond and then enters it, submerging herself in the - rather shallow - depths. It's not much compared to the ocean, but it's better than drying out. After a few minutes she's already feeling way better and heads out of the pond.

"Now then, Darian, I've been thinking of visiting O'Napal first since he appears to have seen the most. Do you want to join me, or do you have plans yourself?"
At the same time, she scribbles a very rough map of the town, marking some points of interest: the pond, the town's square with the inn and the lumbermill nearby and Goomlena's residence.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:55 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Darian decided to drink some of the water of the pond
Darian drinks some water; nothing interesting happens as a result. He feels a bit more hydrated.
Danny wrote:Watching the Sheriff and the Yoshi walk by, Shif decided to follow behind them slowly before approaching them directly. Shif cleared his throat to get their attention. "Mister Sheriff, do you have a best guess on where the statue may have been hidden or taken to? Do you know of any local troublemakers or potential threats that may have done something like this? I'm sure if you asked that old innkeeper, he could confirm that I was asleep all through the night, so there's no way I would have been able to partake in such a crime. Not that I would."
"Hmmm, uh, west side of town, I suppose," the sheriff says. "If Goomlena is right about what she saw, anyways. Now, I don't know where it would've been taken, though. Aren't a lot of places to hide something in town, not really. Woulda had to have been taken outside of town, probably."

The innkeeper, hearing the second part of Shif's statement, perks up. "Uh-uh-uh!" He begins to almost tremble. "Please don't put me in the middle of this, Mr. T! I don't want to interfere with an active investigation! I myself was asleep at the supposed time of the crime, so I can't say whether or not any of the suspects were here at the time! And that's assuming none of them snuck out without using the front door. I just don't know..."

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:40 am

"Well, anyhow, if the statue would have had to have been taken out of the town to be hidden properly, wouldn't that have taken the thieves a while to figure and carry out their crime? You know, maybe there was some proper planning going into this heist, something that a couple of newcomers like ourselves wouldn't have been able to carry out in the span of a day." Shif looks out at the pond, his hands in his pockets. "I don't know about you, Mister Sheriff, but I'm a native to the Mushroom Kingdom, straight outta Toad Town, so there's no way I'd disrespect anyone or anything around these parts. You have my word, Mister Sheriff, I'll get to the bottom of whoever committed this heinous crime."

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 am

After drinking some water, Darian headed over to Goomlema's house to ask some questions. He wanted to know about two things in particular: The noise heard, and the red koopa

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Danny wrote:"Well, anyhow, if the statue would have had to have been taken out of the town to be hidden properly, wouldn't that have taken the thieves a while to figure and carry out their crime? You know, maybe there was some proper planning going into this heist, something that a couple of newcomers like ourselves wouldn't have been able to carry out in the span of a day." Shif looks out at the pond, his hands in his pockets. "I don't know about you, Mister Sheriff, but I'm a native to the Mushroom Kingdom, straight outta Toad Town, so there's no way I'd disrespect anyone or anything around these parts. You have my word, Mister Sheriff, I'll get to the bottom of whoever committed this heinous crime."
"Yeah, yeah," the sheriff grumbles. "Lotta talk you got there, huh, kid? You think you're some kinda big man around here just cause you come from the big city? Well, you've got somethin' to learn, kid - everyone around here is equal under the law. If you didn't do this, stop talkin' and start doin'." He waves Shif off.
thehelmetguy1 wrote:After drinking some water, Darian headed over to Goomlema's house to ask some questions. He wanted to know about two things in particular: The noise heard, and the red koopa
Darian arrives at a small cottage near the edge of town, right where Goomlena's house was described to be by the sheriff. He knocks on the door and she answers, a little old Goomba lady who adjusts her glasses and seems a little surprised when he sees the green Koopa.

"Oh, you're one of those scoundrels who made off with the statue of the hero last night, aren't you? Have you come to hurt a helpless old lady?"

"...No? You're not the thief at all? Well, hmmm, you look just like one of them. I don't know what noise you mean, really. It was more of a sight - I was sitting on my porch up to about 11 past noon last night, my son having just left after dropping off groceries and as I did, I saw several shady characters - a Noki, a Toad, a Yoshi, and a Koopa who looked just like you - speaking about something. I couldn't quite make it out, but they were talking about something related to the town square. When my son came by this morning telling me the statue was missing, I just had to let the sheriff know what I saw."

"I don't know what red Koopa you're talking about, by the way - but that's no surprise. Like I said, I don't leave my home much - my son Goomley brings the groceries by once a week."

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Shif had some bitter words he wished to exchange to the Sheriff, but he held back. He couldn't fathom how ignorant and cynical someone could possibly be about a seemingly serious situation, so he decided to head back into the center of town and check out the shops, hoping to get some clues out of the people there.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Sergeant Y starts feeling offended by the Alessandro is calling everyone a kid, despite that not being true. It seems as if he sees everyone as some sort of inferior and is refusing to listen correctly. He also is starting to get suspicious of Alessandro himself. He does not actually say anything though.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Darian decided to return to the pond to see if Lunaga was still there. Goomlena didn't hear any noise, but she could see a group talking about something to the town square(The statue?)
No news about the red koopa as well. Either the toad or Sergeant Y were hopefully close to the inn. The red koopa reserved a room, but he didn't return. Could he come back at some point? He was also leaving from a night in the pub when he saw the group acting suspiciously around the statue. The noise was heard about 3 at the morning. If Darian could find out when the red koopa left it could be helpful. Goomlena supposedly saw a group similar to them talking around 11 PM, and the noise was heard in 3 AM. Depending on the time the red koopa found the statue, they could learn about some events before the crime. If the times didn't match, then someone was either wrong about the time, or someone lied.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Danny wrote:Shif had some bitter words he wished to exchange to the Sheriff, but he held back. He couldn't fathom how ignorant and cynical someone could possibly be about a seemingly serious situation, so he decided to head back into the center of town and check out the shops, hoping to get some clues out of the people there.
Shif sees a few different stores in the town center - a blacksmith's shop selling armor and weapons, a general store, and a potion and magic shop.

Also, please welcome MECHDRAGON777 as Shina Essette the Yoshi Sorcerer.

Shina has her own reasons for staying in the Gentle Galoomba inn in Stompwood - whatever those might be are up to her player. She got up a little late this morning, but heads downstairs to find Sergeant Y., Sheriff Alessandro, and Mr. Stangoom all speaking to each other.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Oh also Darian returns to the pond to find Lunaga still there (I assume).

Return to “Roleplaying”