Luigi's Fight For Love [Updated]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Nadav
Spike
Spike

Luigi's Fight For Love [Updated]

Postby Nadav » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello, I'm new here and I want to share with you an episode I created that called- ''Luigi's Fight For Love''. I would be very happy if you play it and show it on youtube :D

Plot
Spoiler: show
Bowser kidnaps Daisy, and Luigi goes to save her and passes some amazing worlds.

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Download here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10PmgBG ... sp=sharing
enjoy! :D
Last edited by Nadav on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 17 times in total.

CyanFruit
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Luigi's Fight For Love

Postby CyanFruit » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:10 pm

This is a good effort for a first episode, keep it up, I hope to see more content from you in the future, also welcome to the fourms :mrgreen:

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:10 am

Thank you! :D :D
(And I'm jewish)

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:32 am

Wow this looks great! My only critisms are that the smw graphics in the first screenshot seem to clash a bit and in a few of the screenshots it looks a bit bare. Maybe you could add some coins? I'll give it a shot if I get the chance, it looks nice. :)

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 am

can you give a few further specifics? such as e.g.: world / level count, playable characters, version (which I assume is 1.3.0.1), custom graphics credits

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:12 am

Cedur wrote:can you give a few further specifics? such as e.g.: world / level count, playable characters, version (which I assume is 1.3.0.1), custom graphics credits

Well.. there are 6 worlds in this episode.
The only playble character is just Luigi.
In this episode there are 29 levels.
The custom graphics are from anothet episodes like The Restoration, lfftmk, New Great Castle Adventure, Tower Of Biassed 3 and 7...

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: ???

Postby Super Luigi! » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:51 pm

This certainly looks interesting, Nadav. If it supports 1.3 or 2.0, then I'll definitely try it out.

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:This certainly looks interesting, Nadav. If it supports 1.3 or 2.0, then I'll definitely try it out.
Yeah, I forgot to say that this episode supports version 1.3.0.1 so you can play it.
I hope you will enjoy ;)
Cedur wrote:can you give a few further specifics? such as e.g.: world / level count, playable characters, version (which I assume is 1.3.0.1), custom graphics credits
I forgot to say, My version is 1.3.0.1 too, So you can play it. :)

ADMAndrew
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby ADMAndrew » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:23 pm

The screenshots look great and there is conceptual variety in the levels :D
I see it as a good episode with a lot of work invested. It was already Luigi's turn to save Daisy XD

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Super Luigi! » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Nadav wrote:Yeah, I forgot to say that this episode supports version 1.3.0.1 so you can play it.
In that case, I will definitely try it out soon. If you want, I can try to give you a detailed review. Otherwise, I'll simply play it and tell you my general thoughts.

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am

Super Luigi! wrote:
Nadav wrote:Yeah, I forgot to say that this episode supports version 1.3.0.1 so you can play it.
In that case, I will definitely try it out soon. If you want, I can try to give you a detailed review. Otherwise, I'll simply play it and tell you my general thoughts.
Sure, I will be happy if you do these things. :)

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Super Luigi! » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Alright then. I'll play through your game at a later date and give you my general thoughts. If they are not enough, or if I really like certain parts, I'll provide more detail.

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheNewGuy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:10 pm

In the 4th screenshot you could have used coins instead of arrows to guide the player.

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:44 am

TheNewGuy wrote:In the 4th screenshot you could have used coins instead of arrows to guide the player.
I know but I prefered the arrows instead of coins, I think the arrows are a better idea.

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: they/them

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Nadav wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:In the 4th screenshot you could have used coins instead of arrows to guide the player.
I know but I prefered the arrows instead of coins, I think the arrows are a better idea.
I agree, I think that in this scenario the arrows work better than coins. Although I would personally make/find a custom arrow graphic rather than using the line guide BGOS, just to give them a better look, although what you did works quite well. I really like the look of this episode and I've got to give it a try (when I can be bothered to download it) :roll:

Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Knux » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

what is this project's name

Ryuji231
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Ryuji231 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Great episode. I can't wait to see the next episode you come up with. You can tell for your first try that there's a few flaws. but could tell you took your time.

And I loved the fact that you incorporated CastleVania into this episode which made it even more cool. It'd be nice if we could add the belmont's to SMBX in the future. Open up some more possibilities.

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Super Luigi! » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm

After playing through the entire episode in almost one sitting, I am impressed. Well done, Sir Nadav. You truly have created a challenging masterpiece. Although your world map could be better, and some custom enemies still have the original death sprites, I still enjoyed playing this. Thank you.

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:47 am

Super Luigi! wrote:After playing through the entire episode in almost one sitting, I am impressed. Well done, Sir Nadav. You truly have created a challenging masterpiece. Although your world map could be better, and some custom enemies still have the original death sprites, I still enjoyed playing this. Thank you.
Thank you, Super Luigi, I can explain about that boring world map, I tried to make custom graphic at this world map but I couldn't because it caused an error so I gave up about that..
And also can you tell me your favorite parts and levels in this episode?
Last edited by Nadav on Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Super Luigi! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:52 am

Pros:
The mostly orchestrated soundtrack was very humorous and empowering.
Night Swimming was wonderful. As I was playing it, the music really spoke to me, and my eyes began to water.
Flying with Squawks was great as well.

Cons:
The desert and ghost worlds were very difficult. They usually lacked power-ups, but then something such as a Tanooki Suit would suddenly appear.
I didn't like the second airship invasion, as your usual lack of checkpoints and power-ups made this insanely difficult and tedious.
The stars could have had a greater purpose, and the story could have been fleshed out more.

There's probably more for me to talk about, but that's all I'll say for now. Please take care!

Return to “Episodes”