This is the place for video games!
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

The Crappiest Item(s) in a Video Game

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:00 pm

*sigh* There are some good items in video games, and there are items that are so fucking crappy, I wonder why the game designers even wanted to put the pointless crap in their game! So let's discuss the most crappy items in any video game, shall we?
  • Rotten Flesh (Minecraft), all it does is poison you when you try to eat it. Why do fucking zombies in the game kept dropping this shit when slain anyways?!?
  • Fire Pop (Paper Mario 64), why is that shit item in the game anyways? It drains 1 HP when you use it! :|

aero
Palom
Palom

Re: The Crappiest Item(s) in a Video Game

Postby aero » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:06 pm

• Bananas (Mario Kart Series), so annoying because they don't do anything ever.
  • Mini-mushroom (New Super Mario Bros.), it makes the you smaller and the controls are floaty. I'm glad Nintendo stopped this! What were they thinking?! :roll:

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:20 pm

The spring from SMG is pure garbage. Why do they add a power up when it will only be a burden to you?

Turnip
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Turnip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Super Mario Galaxy 2's Dash Pepper. The concept is cool, but the controls for it aggravate me to a bitter end. I had trouble on literally every part that required it, making simple levels like Hightail Falls a living nightmare. It's definitely one of my least favorite aspects of the game.

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The Worst Item(s) in a Video Game

Postby Oshi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Poison Sludge from the Pokemon games, it barely has a practical use and poisons you when you hold it. I don't know what's up with the trend with this in RPGs, it doesn't make any sense.

erkyp3rky
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Postby erkyp3rky » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Turnip wrote:Super Mario Galaxy 2's Dash Pepper. The concept is cool, but the controls for it aggravate me to a bitter end. I had trouble on literally every part that required it, making simple levels like Hightail Falls a living nightmare. It's definitely one of my least favorite aspects of the game.
I really liked the Dash Pepper, in my opinion. The controls were, I admit, annoying. I died a few times there.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Zero's Buster shot in Megaman X5. When you start the game gives you two choices, the fourth armor for X which makes platforming a breeze, or a pathetic buster shot for Zero that barely does any damage and stops you in place when you use it. Not to mention you can lose Zero as a playable character half way through the game, which is the biggest fuck you in the series. To add insult to injury, the game doesn't tell you to pick between the weapons but the characters themselves meaning you could full well accidentally pick the Z Buster and unknowingly fuck yourself over.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: The Worst Item(s) in a Video Game

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 am

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:Poison Sludge from the Pokemon games, it barely has a practical use and poisons you when you hold it. I don't know what's up with the trend with this in RPGs, it doesn't make any sense.
It heals all poison pokemon, making it extremely useful on them. Don't see why you'd use it on any other type.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe

Postby MacDuckBeat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 am

Sleep copy essences or ability, what are the points of sleeping in most Kirby games anyway? Well at least in Squeak Squad - if you get the Sleep Ability Scroll, the ability itself will heal you. And so as quick sleep (or wake... I think) but haven't tried it.

RPG_Magician
Snifit
Snifit

Postby RPG_Magician » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:12 am

RSupertheGreat wrote:Sleep copy essences or ability, what are the points of sleeping in most Kirby games anyway?

So they can do things like this.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 am

don't know if minecraft mods counts, but in one called ''divine rpg'', there is a sword called ''palavnce'' that deal LESS THEN THE PLAYER'S FIST! Can you fucking imagine that?!

this weapon is a joke, it can't be possible

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:25 am

arcade999 wrote:don't know if minecraft mods counts, but in one called ''divine rpg'', there is a sword called ''palavnce'' that deal LESS THEN THE PLAYER'S FIST! Can you fucking imagine that?!

this weapon is a joke, it can't be possible
Sure, I'll allow Minecraft mods! :)

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:41 pm

GhostHawk wrote:
  • Mini-mushroom (New Super Mario Bros.), it makes the you smaller and the controls are floaty. I'm glad Nintendo stopped this! What were they thinking?! :roll:
Bananas are good for stopping shells, specifically red shells.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:24 pm

GhostHawk wrote:
Do you always get hit by red shells? Because holding bananas behind you will stop them. Also if you are good at aiming, then banana sniping exists which when successful, will give a person in front of you a nasty surprise when they can't really avoid the banana that just dropped in from of them.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 pm

GhostHawk wrote:
The bananas in Mario Kart games are just use to slow down players. And can also be use as a shield against shells! ;)

MrPunchia
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: muncher moment
Pronouns: any

Postby MrPunchia » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:33 pm

It's not really an item, it's a spell, but you can purchase it, so...

Vox from the original Final Fantasy is supposed to cure silence, but is nigh useless since barely any monsters are able to inflict silence upon the party members.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 am

MrPunchia wrote:It's not really an item, it's a spell, but you can purchase it, so...

Vox from the original Final Fantasy is supposed to cure silence, but is nigh useless since barely any monsters are able to inflict silence upon the party members.
I'll allow spells from rpgs. ;)

thunderlakitu
Blooper
Blooper

Postby thunderlakitu » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:30 am

GhostHawk wrote:
I find more useless the feather in the original mario kart (SNES).

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Fake item boxes in Mario Kart Wii. They are basically inferior versions of bananas. They basically function the same except they can't be used to defend yourself and when placed, they are simply banana reskins, because they look too different from real item boxes to achieve their purpose. They should look like real item boxes but with a subtle difference so that you can tell them from the real boxes, but people that don't understand those differences will deliberately hit them thinking they are real (or hoping they are anyway).

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Electriking wrote:Fake item boxes in Mario Kart Wii. They are basically inferior versions of bananas. They basically function the same except they can't be used to defend yourself and when placed, they are simply banana reskins, because they look too different from real item boxes to achieve their purpose. They should look like real item boxes but with a subtle difference so that you can tell them from the real boxes, but people that don't understand those differences will deliberately hit them thinking they are real (or hoping they are anyway).
I always put them right in front of an actual item box, because that's the only way to really disguise them. Even then it only really works on the ai.

Return to “Video Games”