Banned from the VG Resource

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
LTIan
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Banned from the VG Resource

Postby LTIan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm

I have been permanently banned from the VG Resource. :(

And when you're banned from the VG Resource forever, you no longer gain access to the site or any of its sprites, models, textures, sounds or even your own uploads. :(

I've uploaded over 100 Looney Tunes-related sprites and rips, and now I have been officially been banned forever, I can no longer gain access to them.

Maybe I should just give up sprites all together. Since I can't help any of my friends without gaining access to the VG Resource's sprites, sounds and other stuff, I'm useless now.

Not just useless, but TOTALLY USELESS.

BTW, LTIan is short for LooneyTunerIan, which is the username of my account on the VG Resource, but now that I have been banned forever, I no longer have an account there.

xDestroy
Nipper
Nipper

Re: Banned from the VG Resource

Postby xDestroy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:43 pm

How exactly did you get banned?

Reiuji Utsuho
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Time to make myself disappear

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Giving it up just because you got banned from a site sounds ridiculous. If you like doing it, then wouldn't it be enough to keep going with it?

Next, you could simply send your friends stuff and help them that way. It's not like there aren't any options available for you, unless you can't contact them other than through the site..

Lastly, why not try contacting someone there to ask why you got banned and if there's a way they'd let you back on? Surely it would be worth a try if you don't act badly about it and if you're really upset about being banned.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:11 pm

along with what Reiuji Utsuho has said, even though your sad to be banned from there, you obviously did something to get yourself banned, so you may just have to deal with it, though not really as Reiuji Utsuho has explained what you could do about it.

LTIan
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby LTIan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 am

Ask Petie, the admin of the VG Resource, he'll explain everything.

Reiuji Utsuho
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Time to make myself disappear

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:26 am

That is your business though. If you're able to contact any of the staff, I was just saying it would probably be worth trying as long as you don't act badly. Unless it was something egregious, I'm sure somebody would give you a chance.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:51 am

You can still access the site without being logged in, right? Also tbh I don't think this deserves it's own thread.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 am

Question: Does this have to be a thread in another forums?

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:00 am

1) If you're banned then that is probably your fault. If you feel you did not deserve the ban then try to appeal to it.
2) So you have to be logged in to access the content of the forum? Sounds like pretty abnormal forum if that is the case.
3) Do you have them stored on your PC or a download site? If they are only accessible via an account on the forums, then that is your own stupidity again really
4) Being banned from a forum sounds like the most ridiculous reason to give up on sprites
5) I don't think you are totally useless actually. If you have made backups of your files to prepare for a situation like this, then you will be reletively OK, otherwise, it was most likey your fault you got yourselft in this position
6) If you have been banned there, then you should probably try to correct your behavoir for this forum, just so you don't suffer the same fate here. And maybe while you are here, make a few sprites for SMBX, then submit those to the GFX forums
Finally: Why did you have to create a thread here?

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 am

This topic really doesn't belong here; your ban, be it rightful or not should be sorted with the admins/moderators of the VG Resource, not here.

Return to “Archives”