Easy LunaLua (NPC Code-style System; 1.1--1/1/2018)

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: Easy LunaLua (NPC Code-style System; 1.0)

Postby PixelPest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:17 pm

Taycamgame wrote:So i'm pretty sure that the timer is broken. When i use either the "time" or "galaxytime", they seem to work fine, until the timer reaches 0. The player is killed, but an error message does come up saying something like "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'currtime'", or "bad argument #1 to 'ceil' (number expected, got nil)". How do i fix this? The code i put in, as an example, was "time=10", or "galaxytime=10". I get the error either way.
EDIT: Also, another problem: The fog works except no matter what colour i try to change it to, it is always white. Example, i put "fogcolour=#B0171F" expecting it to go a tint of red, but it was still white. "fogcolour=B0171F" does the same thing (white).
The timer reaching zero was an issue before but I thought I had fixed it. Must've only patched the upload for clock.lua alone. Will do that ASAP. It's not a problem with something you're doing but the base code. In terms of the colour, try 0xB0171F.

EDIT: Try downloading it now and see if there's a difference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzky8pjhscq1z ... a.zip?dl=0

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:So i'm pretty sure that the timer is broken. When i use either the "time" or "galaxytime", they seem to work fine, until the timer reaches 0. The player is killed, but an error message does come up saying something like "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'currtime'", or "bad argument #1 to 'ceil' (number expected, got nil)". How do i fix this? The code i put in, as an example, was "time=10", or "galaxytime=10". I get the error either way.
EDIT: Also, another problem: The fog works except no matter what colour i try to change it to, it is always white. Example, i put "fogcolour=#B0171F" expecting it to go a tint of red, but it was still white. "fogcolour=B0171F" does the same thing (white).
The timer reaching zero was an issue before but I thought I had fixed it. Must've only patched the upload for clock.lua alone. Will do that ASAP. It's not a problem with something you're doing but the base code. In terms of the colour, try 0xB0171F.

EDIT: Try downloading it now and see if there's a difference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzky8pjhscq1z ... a.zip?dl=0
I tested some different values for the fog code, it seems that if a letter is used then it automatically goes white. Numbers alone work, are they definitely hex codes? Because it seems there will be many unusable colors due to this.
I will download the new one you posted.
EDIT: The codes work when inputting that 0x before it, don't get why though. And the clock doesn't seem to function still, but i'll just wait till beta 4 so a timer could come built in. I wasn't intending to use the timer much anyway.

Hoeloe
Foo
Foo
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 am

Taycamgame wrote: EDIT: The codes work when inputting that 0x before it, don't get why though. And the clock doesn't seem to function still, but i'll just wait till beta 4 so a timer could come built in. I wasn't intending to use the timer much anyway.
0x is a universal marker for a hexadecimal number. It looks like the system is treating the fog colour parameter as a number, so you can either use the decimal representation, or use 0x to mark it as a hexadecimal value.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:16 am

Taycamgame wrote:EDIT: The codes work when inputting that 0x before it, don't get why though. And the clock doesn't seem to function still, but i'll just wait till beta 4 so a timer could come built in. I wasn't intending to use the timer much anyway.
What part of the timer isn't working?

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:54 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:EDIT: The codes work when inputting that 0x before it, don't get why though. And the clock doesn't seem to function still, but i'll just wait till beta 4 so a timer could come built in. I wasn't intending to use the timer much anyway.
What part of the timer isn't working?
I downloaded the new version you sent, but the timer still has an error when it hits 0. It does work, but it does come up with a debug window.
I'll just wait till beta 4 to see if a new timer comes with it, but thanks for making this.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:45 pm

I just uploaded the wrong file so I can easily fix it since Beta 4 is a while off still

CoinKillerL
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby CoinKillerL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 pm

-deleted-
Last edited by CoinKillerL on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoinKillerL
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby CoinKillerL » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 am

fog color functionality is broken... instead of making pink fog it makes a green one!

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:23 am

CoinKillerL wrote:fog color functionality is broken... instead of making pink fog it makes a green one!
What hex colour are you using? Also that would be a problem with particles.lua if so, however I expect not

CoinKillerL
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby CoinKillerL » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 am

PixelPest wrote:
CoinKillerL wrote:fog color functionality is broken... instead of making pink fog it makes a green one!
What hex colour are you using? Also that would be a problem with particles.lua if so, however I expect not
I don't remember. I'm gonna retry and let you know

CoinKillerL
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby CoinKillerL » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:40 am

i'm using FFD700 and it's only making white fog

Hoeloe
Foo
Foo
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 am

Be sure to write 0xFFD700, not just FFD700, otherwise it tries to interpret the value as a decimal number, which doesn't have the symbols F or D, so it just defaults to white.

CoinKillerL
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby CoinKillerL » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 am

Hoeloe wrote:Be sure to write 0xFFD700, not just FFD700, otherwise it tries to interpret the value as a decimal number, which doesn't have the symbols F or D, so it just defaults to white.
Ok,i'll try it and i let you know

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Radiance » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:44 am

Can I somehow disable run button through this? If not, does runspeed=0 prevents the player to run?

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 am

Mr Briney wrote:Can I somehow disable run button through this? If not, does runspeed=0 prevents the player to run?
Try setting it to 3 (equal to the walk speed)

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:58 am

Sorry for the bump, but a question involving autoscroll and events:
Pseudocode:
(Check to see if EventA is triggered)
(If EventA is triggered then do:)
(scroll1right=0.5)
How would I do this? So basically an event triggers an autoscroll section when it happens.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

Taycamgame wrote:Sorry for the bump, but a question involving autoscroll and events:
Pseudocode:
(Check to see if EventA is triggered)
(If EventA is triggered then do:)
(scroll1right=0.5)
How would I do this? So basically an event triggers an autoscroll section when it happens.
You can't do that via easyLuna.lua, but can via normal LunaLua

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:20 pm

If you could provide the lua code for that, it would be helpful and much appreciated.

WhatDoYouThinks
Koopa
Koopa

Postby WhatDoYouThinks » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

This looks amazing! I am going to have to use this in my episode.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Re: Easy LunaLua (NPC Code-style System; 1.1--1/1/2018)

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:56 pm

There was an issue regarding an error that occurred when the clock ran out. That should be fixed as of now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzky8pjhscq1z ... a.zip?dl=0. Sorry for the inconvenience

Return to “LunaLua”