Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Overrated Video Games?

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:31 am

kirbyhasn wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:40 am
Added in 22 minutes 4 seconds:
i am stuck with games i dont like the modern generation is a lot of FPS,MMO,battle royale type games,3D games/open world games.
Maybe get games that aren't made in the modern generation then if you don't like them?There's plenty of older games which are pretty cheat to get also.
I would argue with the Genre stuff as those have been around way before the modern era of games.
kirbyhasn wrote: as 14y/o gamer i dont even like other gamers who re boys
I don't think age or gender really matters what games you like or not lol

kirbyhasn
Bit
Bit
Pronouns: kirbyhasn

Postby kirbyhasn » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:36 am

Sonya Sanchez wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:31 am
kirbyhasn wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:40 am
Added in 22 minutes 4 seconds:
i am stuck with games i dont like the modern generation is a lot of FPS,MMO,battle royale type games,3D games/open world games.
Maybe get games that aren't made in the modern generation then if you don't like them?There's plenty of older games which are pretty cheat to get also.
I would argue with the Genre stuff as those have been around way before the modern era of games.
kirbyhasn wrote: as 14y/o gamer i dont even like other gamers who re boys
I don't think age or gender really matters what games you like or not lol
to me its like what the person think the avarage gamer play

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:38 am

Then that person is wrong, this is pretty much people who never really played games before and therefore they usually stereotype others into a single group.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:12 pm

Why do people think Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is the best Mario game? It has a lot of problems and it's not perfect.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:34 pm

thegameseum wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:12 pm
Why do people think Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is the best Mario game? It has a lot of problems and it's not perfect.
It's probably due to its story and the memorable characters
Also I feel like FNaF: Security Breach is a bit overrated, but it's probably just me because I've had negative experiences with the franchise and fanbase as a whole

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:40 pm

FNaF: Security Breach is actually pretty divisive from what I've seen. There seems to be about an equal amount of people who like it and people who don't like it.

kirbyhasn
Bit
Bit
Pronouns: kirbyhasn

Postby kirbyhasn » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:24 am

thegameseum wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:40 pm
FNaF: Security Breach is actually pretty divisive from what I've seen. There seems to be about an equal amount of people who like it and people who don't like it.
i can agree its overrated but still new but anyone gonna play it because its popular.

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Popular games you don’t like

Postby ShadowXeldron » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:01 pm

kirbyhasn wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:24 am
i can agree its overrated but still new but anyone gonna play it because its popular.
I for one won't be. In fact, I totally forgot it even existed. The only way I even knew about it in the first place was from an Nvidia stream; specifically one showing off all the fancy ray tracing nonsense.

Which brings me to my next point that ray tracing itself is inherently a gimmick, since it harms performance (I believe that FPS is more important than visuals since it has a direct effect on gameplay) and requires a high resolution to make the most of. At least however RT is encouraging more colourful graphics than "realistic" brown. In Nvidia's cards at least theres DLSS, although for me thats a moot point because DLSS isn't even fully supported on Linux.
Last edited by ShadowXeldron on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:28 pm

I love how most of this thread are just games that became popular after they got released or after some while, because of course they are being looked as overrated since that’s what a huge stream of people is gonna play and then you have all the youtubers and streamers also play it!

Like ofc Security Breach is going to be super popular, it’s literally a fnaf game and fnaf is still one of many beloved franchises.

The thread name should rather be: Popular games you don’t like

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 pm

I like how Security Breach is open world compared to most of the other games in the series, but I still think FNaF is overrated as a whole. Most popular games aren't even that good, and some are just passing fads, like Pokemon Go and Super Mario Run.

smoke40
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: smoke40!!!
Pronouns: he/they

Postby smoke40 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:05 pm

From what I've seen Security Breach has actually gotten the most criticism out of any FNAF game, and I think it's pretty fair. The most interesting parts of the game are copied from a fangame called The Joy of Creation anyway and, well...the rest is just a buggy mess. I do have a soft spot for FNAF generally though, I think the first game is still really scary, and FNAF 4 and FFPS are also very good for the most part.

Oktavia
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: 10 percent action and 90 percent reaction
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Oktavia » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm

I've heard plenty of bad things about Fortnite going around. A ton of bugs and server issues and iirc something called an aimbot? I don't know, but I don't understand how people can still play a game with problems like this.

Andy1q
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Andy1q » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:23 pm

I agree that Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door has too many problems.....

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards

Postby ShadowXeldron » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:15 pm

Oktavia wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:43 pm
I've heard plenty of bad things about Fortnite going around. A ton of bugs and server issues and iirc something called an aimbot? I don't know, but I don't understand how people can still play a game with problems like this.
I don't know anything about Fortnite, let alone play it, but Aimbot is basically a cheat that basically makes it so you always hit with perfect accuracy. I think this only makes Tim Sweeney's recent tweet about not supporting the Steam Deck because of cheaters all the more hilarious. (although the main reason appears to be the fact that Linux is too secure for the anti-cheat to function correctly; although some of the less strict versions of EAC will be supported).

Actually, the game seems to have always had a rather negative stigma surrounding it. I remember that I refused to play it because I felt like my friends dropped me for it; although it probably wouldn't have ran on my potato laptop anyway. It was also frequently called a Minecraft clone, and then there was the whole Apple fiasco (although I'm admittedly on Epic's side with that).

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:50 am

Fortnite isn’t even that bad at all, it’s just that there’s a lot of kids playing it (same with basically any game) and people find it really hilarious and funny to dunk on the game and the kids playing it.

Same happened years ago with Minecraft and other games.

Also Hacker and cheaters are in almost any multiplayer but they shouldn’t be a reason to not play a game.
If they don’t wanna improve their skills and rather buy themselves those crappy cheat programs let them.

Oktavia
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: 10 percent action and 90 percent reaction
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Oktavia » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:29 pm

I don't understand the hype with security breach, it was unfinished and there's plenty of bugs. The plot doesn't even make sense, why is Gregory at the Pizzaplex to begin with? Why is he homeless?

Mal8rk
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: English Speaking Spanish Speaker

Postby Mal8rk » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:56 pm

smoke40 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:05 pm
From what I've seen Security Breach has actually gotten the most criticism out of any FNAF game, and I think it's pretty fair. The most interesting parts of the game are copied from a fangame called The Joy of Creation anyway and, well...the rest is just a buggy mess. I do have a soft spot for FNAF generally though, I think the first game is still really scary, and FNAF 4 and FFPS are also very good for the most part.
Now prove me wrong, but in my opinion, I think that The Joy of Creation is also overrated

From my experience, it's a good fangame with amazing visuals and an amazing story. But the problem is that it's way too difficult, the furthest that I got into the game was with the basement part, and that was when I quit the game

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: any

Postby Saltlord » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:16 am

Never really got much out of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy. The games are fairly basic 3D platformers that can be mild fun to blast through - less so when you're aiming to 100% complete them - but I honestly expected more of a series this highly regarded.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:49 pm

I think that Minecraft is pretty overrated. Sure you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, but if you aren't really creative like me, this game can get boring since you have nothing to do after the Ender Dragon.

Tetri
Rex
Rex
Flair: Glory to Jesus our Lord and Savior

Re: Overrated Video Games / Games that you don't like while everyone else likes

Postby Tetri » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:35 am

lethal company
fortnite
brawl stars
overwatch 2
people playground
melon playground
scp containment breach (i like scp but this one game is kinda too overrated)
vivid/statis (its not well known but still overrated)
gpop.io (overrated by people addicted to it)
roblox
genshin impact
project sekai
league of legends

Return to “Video Games”