WIP Graphics Showcase III

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
SuperAlex
Snifit
Snifit

Re: WIP Graphics Showcase III

Postby SuperAlex » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi, I'm being inspired by the graphics in this next video. But do not worry about the remaining black graphics that I work for it but the problem is that the skull pile (the ? orb tapes this graphic) in this video KLDC 2021appears in the game. from what game appears this? Because I didn't found

Jumper
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Jumper » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:08 am

Well, it's been a hot minute since I was last in the forums (let alone this topic), so hey guys.
While I was away, I've been trying to make hand-made assets for use in other games (not just SMBX), and so far I think I did pretty decently.

One of my first tilesets made is called "8-Bit Grassland".
The name is a Prototype; most likely won't stick around for long.

In case the name isn't obvious, the tiles follow the NES color rule (3 colors + 1 transparent).

Besides from the Grassland Tiles, I also made a "Hard Block" and "Ladder" for use outside of the tilesets.

But I've talked for too long, here's some pictures to show what I'm talking about:
Spoiler: show

I've not made anything else (like NPCs, BGOs, etc.), so this is what I have atm.
I plan on adding slopes (and in fact made some), however they are...strange.

I'll post later when I get more time on the slopes, as it's ~5 am where I live, and assembling the tiles took long enough..

Regardless, hope it's decent enough for use.

If this is in the wrong topic, do let me know so I can change it to the appropriate topic.

Mushroom King
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am

Looking nice. Very fitting for a 8-Bit platformer.

Jumper
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Jumper » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:12 am

So, it's been about a week since I last posted, and within that time I've made a few more 8x tiles for the tileset.

I'm not going to delve much deeper into this, so here's a Sample Level I've made using said tiles:
Sample Level: show
I have made (a little) more tiles than just those shown, but I'm still working on the slopes, amongst other tiles.

Any feedback is welcome, as it helps with improving the tiles.
Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am
Looking nice. Very fitting for a 8-Bit platformer.
Thanks; tried to at least make it accurate to NES limits.

Abashi76
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Abashi76 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:23 pm

kojimkj wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm
Making this for no reason : Image
That looks good actually.

KnownStranger
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby KnownStranger » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:22 pm

This place was dead for two months.
For now I'm working in my own gfx pack. This is an expansion of the smb1 bridge...
...and this is a daytime ghost house background.
Can anybody tell me if the shading of this background it's perfect?

SkidMarc25
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: Mr

Postby SkidMarc25 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:27 pm

Hello, I'm working on making as many Mario Assets as I can into a psudo Super Mario World Beta style.

Here's my work so far!

First are the basic Walking enemies.

Next come the water dwellers, near the bottom we get some Wario Land guests. Jellidrift would swim up and down slowly in a circle, Toadpole Jumps up to try and attack you from the water's surface, Flooper swims 3 tiles left then back (then 3 tiles up and back, then right, then down, etc), Keroroll is mainly a blockade, Maway Eel acts like an underwater Piranha Plant.

Plant base NPCs, the green Pokey can be stepped on.

Shell Heads, Bowser's Koopa Troop and other Shelled foes.

Artillery based enemies, Thwomp and Thwimp are here because they don't really fit in elsewhere. Wario Land 3's little Robots fire projectiles here (Fire Ball, A Snifit Shell, whatever!)

Enemies that are spooky! Lantern Ghosts light up areas in Dark places too. The Candle Enemy (From Chip N Dale NES) would look like a Candle until you walk past them, then they'd come to life and chase you, and you can't stomp on them.

Miscellaneous stuff like the remaining Subconians, Toad, and Message Board n Box. The WL3 Polar Bears are now a patrolling enemy for icy areas.

Items, the Garlic is for Wario (instead of a Mushroom), a 5up Shroom, A new look for the Mushroom Block, a throwable barrel, and a floating barrel (floats on water, lava, or quicksand, sinks when stood on).

Blocks, the reinforced blocks from Wario Land take 2 hits to break. The Face Block is just a reskin of the ? Block. The ! Block turns on the red blocks.

Working on making Mario for the style.

And Wario too!

A First Boss Idea too!

Gourmet Goomba, a food critic Bowser listens to (because he recommends lots of meat and junk food), he commands an Airship that's been converted into a flying bistro. A Boom Boom reskin, when jumped on, he covers himself with a serving platter to protect himself. Alongside Gourmet are some unique NPCs, Goomba Waiter often have food on their platters you can collect for points (or the occasional Power up!) you can stand on their platters. Fork Guy carry a large fork, they cannot be jumped on. Cherry Bob-Omb detonate into 4 cherry pits that shoot out in the 4 cardinal directions.
Last edited by SkidMarc25 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Homu
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Homu » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:05 pm

I making a SMAS SMB1 powerup sheet. Can't Sleep for Hammer Mario sprites. Lavks skidding sprites, had a optional second swim idle frame. Standing pose for Luigi i made.
Last edited by Homu on Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Homu
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Homu » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:13 pm

I trying making a sprite of King Toadstool (SMAS SMB1). Here is the test sprite I edited from Princess Peach's sprite but looks too weird, and the sprite and palettes next fixing.

Based on artwork from comics.

Return to “Art Board”