The Emoji Movie

Off-topic discussion.
timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

The Emoji Movie

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:16 pm

The emoji move is dumb. It feels unnecessary.
what do you think?

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Emoji Movie

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun May 28, 2017 5:34 pm

I think the Emoji movie (If it was made) is equally as worst as the freaking Super Mario Bros. Movie & The fucking Live-action movie of Fairly Odd Parents!!! :twisted:

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:38 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:I think the Emoji movie (If it was made) is equally as worst as the freaking Super Mario Bros. Movie & The fucking Live-action movie of Fairly Odd Parents!!! :twisted:
The Emoji Movie is REAL!!!! Sony Pictures Animation is working on one right now; the real reason it exists is for profit reasons. here's the official trailer:

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun May 28, 2017 5:41 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:I think the Emoji movie (If it was made) is equally as worst as the freaking Super Mario Bros. Movie & The fucking Live-action movie of Fairly Odd Parents!!! :twisted:
The Emoji Movie is REAL!!!! Sony Pictures Animation is working on one right now; the real reason it exists is for profit reasons. here's the official trailer:
Oh fuck no! WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US SONY?!?

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:43 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Oh fuck no! WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US SONY?!?
money

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:14 pm

I think it's, wait, what is the world already? Oh yeah: CANCEROUS! Like, WTF? Why? What happened to cinema? Before, it was great! Now, mass capitalisme took the main objective.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright

Postby DJFMHD » Sun May 28, 2017 8:40 pm

One thing I learned is that of there is something popular Hollywood WILL cash in (Grumpy Cats Worst Cristmas Ever...)Oh dear god help us all.

But there will be 2 outcomes
That movie will bomb and it will bomb HARD. (Universe with people who have sense)
The movie will be VERY successful (Universe where children rule and parents don't want to stay with there children for 24 hrs because it's summer)
In both universes reviews will be critical and the movie will suck.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Sun May 28, 2017 8:57 pm

I think the Emoji Movie will most definitely bomb hard

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sun May 28, 2017 9:14 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:I think the Emoji Movie will most definitely bomb hard

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:16 pm

please, if i see it, I WILL MAKE FUN OF IT
здуфыу ша ш ыуу ше Ш ЦШДД ЬФЛУ АГТ ЩА ШЕ

MrPunchia
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: muncher moment
Pronouns: any

Postby MrPunchia » Sun May 28, 2017 9:27 pm

I would have given this movie a pass if it were some incredibly meta adult movie and not just the kind made to shock for the sake of shocking

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Mon May 29, 2017 10:59 am

Why are people critisizing the movie even though it isn't even out yet?

Personally, I'd wait until it gets released to see if it's really shit or actually good.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon May 29, 2017 12:02 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:please, if i see it, I WILL MAKE FUN OF IT
здуфыу ша ш ыуу ше Ш ЦШДД ЬФЛУ АГТ ЩА ШЕ
Making fun of movies that ended bad is 1932. And mostly youtubers do it for their fame.

And nice akward language there.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon May 29, 2017 12:46 pm

This is why I stopped having faith in Sony Pictures Animation (Not like if it was really big).
Before they made a decent film and the year afterwards, Surf's Up became one of their best so far, after Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.... Ugh!
Sony, why did you let this happen to your animation studio?

But the chances are it will most likely bomb more than how Smurfs: The lost Village did.

The only audiences that will probably watch this are the 5-10% people who like emojis and that's against an entire quantity of people with good taste.
I mean, I can't even stand how many bad points I marked when I saw the trailer which makes me have quite negative thoughts on what can come up in the final film.
.noitacav remmuS eht gnirud diova ot eivom eno evah I woN

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:32 pm

The movie isn't out yet, please give it a chance and don't dislike it yet.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:11 pm

glitch4 wrote:The movie isn't out yet, please give it a chance and don't dislike it yet.
It's one of those movies where you just know its gonna bomb. Like that Assassins Creed movie nobody remembers.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
glitch4 wrote:The movie isn't out yet, please give it a chance and don't dislike it yet.
It's one of those movies where you just know its gonna bomb. Like that Assassins Creed movie nobody remembers.
"Hey so far we only saw pictures and a trailer but hey, this movie already looks bad even tho we haven't seen the whole one yet"

Also some people actually like the AC one, why talk for everyone when it's not even like that.

Just cause you guys don't like it doesn't mean no one is gonna like it. This is pretty much bandwagoning now.

It somehow a thing in here to call something bad immediatly and not even give it a chance specially reffering to Colour Splash again even tho it's not a movie.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
How do you know it's gonna bomb? Did your friends told you they will not see it?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Okay, I think no one understood what I was saying.
I have quite negative thoughts on what can come up in the final film.
Sure, I do have some vibe on what they've could've done to make it good, but I don't understand what people have against AC even though it was forgotten after 2017 began, at least it had something.
Indeed, people have different types of taste but the literature would have to be the fact that the trailer doesn't represent much which can explain why it's already getting massive hate before it's release two months from now.

But comparing it to a video game (or a video game film), is basically comparing 2003 to 2016.
Although I've seen some gameplay of it, the hate of the game mostly came from the concept of it.
This however can be a close minded thought, I mean it's Paper Mario, the way paint was used in the game was quite clever.
But it can also come up from the previous rants towards Sticker Star and SPM (sure I can understand SPM but I thought it had lots of great events and characters, thus Sticker Star did have some nice gimmicks).
They'll think "Oh hey this one sucked so the next game/film will suck as well," and that's what happened before Color Splash was released.

The same goes for the exact reason why people on the internet (especially from the animation industry) are hating this film.
Most people in public have been treating animated films like they're only meant for kids (which is probably one of if not the most ridiculous things I've heard in cinema history).
This is why (although there are some obvious exceptions especially Chicken Run and Shark Tale) we sometimes get creative films from animation studios like Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks animation.
But underneath the top studios are the ones who fail to give us truly great films like Lionsgate, Open Road films and the Weinstein company, and sadly Sony Pictures Animation fails to keep itself away from this.

Now look at Shaw from Open Season, the detail on him looks pretty good and even though it isn't 100% accurate (not that every animated films has to show real humans ew) at least it's not terrifyingly crazy like their current designs.
Spoiler: show
And in Surf's Up, the characters don't flop about and they had what they could've done in general today, learn how to correctly execute a concept.
Sure the characters may look bland, but at least the story makes them develop and interact like how a documentary film would do, thus the camera's interactions are very creative as sometimes it will move about and pretend like if the movie was actually a real event that took place in the artic or on an island (like an sports game).
You can see how the water reflects towards the camera's axis and how the lighting and shading is done correctly do most of it doesn't blend in.

However, the real fall started when they released Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, although despite some people giving it acclaim because of it's story, some critics weren't pleased about this as the animation was really sloppy and cartoony, despite it having minor gags and colorful food animation the characters and execution were ruining the film overall.
I mean, sure it does look really goofy but how did they forget how to design humans?
I don't recall anyone I know who has a potato like nose that was big as Flint Lockwood's.

At least when they worked on both of their Collaborative films Arthur Christmas and Pirates band of misfits with Aardman they did have some creative and nice ideas into them.
But from Hotel Transylvania, this one I have major and mixed thoughts on as the animation is very cartoony and sometimes there are these kid-friendly moments that make the film feel dated.
I respect anyone who likes this film, but what came from most of the community was basically a lot of hate towards this film.
However, the destruction didn't get worse until Cloudy 2 came out, in fact this is their current "style" as of today.
Despite the food animals being well developed and the film being very colorful, the story only repeats itself but changes some parts of the film, and most of the characters were left to become a useless unfortunately now forgettable filler.
And this continued on with their films until Smurfs: the Lost Village, even though it bombed because of the failure of the two Smurfs hybrid films, it had a story that was better than their previously animated films since Cloudy 2 even though it had some mocked parts, and was almost perfectly animated and colored with the only part that the animation doesn't work would be the backgrounds.

With the Emoji Movie, people are hating it this early because the story was quite obvious (heck, it's literally not a story), people are stating it that it's a rip off of Pixar's Inside Out by having the emojis interacting with the human world but instead it shoves this in the viewer's face rather than properly presenting it through the entire film.
They're also upset towards the style the animation only gets a bit of shading and decrease in hue thus making it darker, and the product placements aren't used like in the way it's gene would do, the way Wreck-it-Ralph done it was by reflecting it towards the film and that it's gene/fact had to do with video games.
What you get with the Emoji movie is really just, "Oh hey, this is an i/smartphone we're talking about so we can pretend that advertisement is right in this part" really, what do emojis have to do with YouTube and Candy Crush?
Also, the usage of the poop emoji is a major mess up as references, humor, and/or usage of potty humor have been dying due to them being overused.
It also shows off why memes in a movie being released into theaters are always a bad idea, if that wasn't enough.

That's pretty much the reason why most of the people on the internet are hating the trailers and (so far) the movie itself.

BTB
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby BTB » Mon May 29, 2017 3:55 pm

i think its gonna be really fun to see with my family. i use emojis every day, and it will be fun to recognize familiar faces. i hope they focus on the fruit emojis, as those are my favorite.

Return to “Sandbox”