The Emoji Movie

Off-topic discussion.
timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Re: The Emoji Movie

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Well, since I'm seeing commercials about the Emoji movie, i might as well forget every opinion that i've read and see the movie for myself and see how it is.

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Flair: ==> cool text! <==
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Oshi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 am

Stupid cashgrab trap, but I guess ill give it one chance

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:01 pm

(I don't know wether if this topic will get locked since the op's permabanned or will it stay so I'm just leaving out this warning to everyone.)
Anyways, I think it's safe to say that it's officially, the movie we should all avoid this year, I'm not saying that I've seen this movie but with every review being a warning or a rant, this was the mess that I exactly feared. :ugeek:

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:10 pm

I kind of think it will be worse than people believe it'll be

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:20 pm

You guys'll have to remember that they canceled a fucking Popeye movie for this.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:You guys'll have to remember that they canceled a fucking Popeye movie for this.
And that Popeye movie looked so fucking cool

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:36 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:You guys'll have to remember that they canceled a fucking Popeye movie for this.
I rather have there be a freaking Popeye the sailor man movie than this fucked-up mess of an animated movie! GOSH!!!!

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:
I rather have there be a freaking Popeye the sailor man movie than this fucked-up mess of an animated movie! GOSH!!!!
Not even spinach can save the emoji movie now

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:06 am

I just looked at Rotten Tomatoes. At this point, there are a few critics that have given the movie a positive rating...

...but maybe that's not too bad. Someone suggested to my brother that the rating of any bad movie should be just low enough. If it's too low, more people will watch just because they're curious how bad it is (meaning more money at the box office).

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:00 am

Actually, Popeye was never cancelled.
It was truly a bit of a mix-up because Sony Pictures animation won the bidding war shortly after the film got delayed due to Genndy Tartakovsky's departure from the project.
As of now, the last bit of news was revealed on January 2016, and the information was left dead afterwards.
Someone suggested to my brother that the rating of any bad movie should be just low enough. If it's too low, more people will watch just because they're curious how bad it is (meaning more money at the box office).
I understand where are going with this, and it is a very good point.
But alas, I do wonder how many people will be saying not to watch it, or in other words thankfully it is still in no way, a movie that everyone hates so this can affect how it will do at the box office.

Quantix
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantix » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:37 am

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright

Postby DJFMHD » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:28 pm

It's just delayed actually which is a relief but it would be funny if it was worse than the emoji movie (which probably is not possible
----------------------------------------------
The emoji movie has 6% on rotten tomatoes and at one point it had 0% at one point. And the audience grade is a surprising 40 something %.

It has so far made 10 million out of it's 50 million budget to that 20%!

It's funny that if you look at the emoji Movie trailer now it says it's hands down the perfect family film but you know that pretty much all trailers have little small reviews to back it up. Well this has none

Anyways I'm going to try to predict the movie and I probably won't get it all right but I think I will get some points right. People are comparing this movie to inside out and wreck-it-ralph (in the bad way) so I think I will have a basic understanding of it.

So it is going to probably going to start in the human world with some narrator talking about the main kid while he's on his way to school and then it's going to introduce us to the emoji world introducing the main emoji character and talks about him having more than one emotion the emoji character interacts with the world for a little while then he rushes to his job because he's late and runs into emoticons and then theres a joke about them being old then he gets to his job and because he was not ready he messes up and that scene where the kid sends the girl he like that weird emoji. And meh emoji gets sad because he feels like he will never make the right face and he talks to his parents to try to cheer him up but they fail. And becomes rejected so he meets James Corden and he joins the regect club and later meets Jailbreak (which is a terrible name by the way). And then they to escape and the evil cliche president who I'm gonna call kim jong un doesn't like it because she likes everybody to act like what there supposed to be so during the whole movie she tries to kill them so Jailbreak meh and James Corden go to change the code so meh can have more Than one emotion while kim jong un tries to stop them. (To be continued I'm tired)

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:13 am

Seems to be even worse than expected. Impressive?

Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Knux » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 pm

it's sad that this movie gets as much attention as it does, while really good films slip under the radar :(

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby Oshi » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:58 pm

I think this movie proves that our society is going down the drain. Why was this even an idea?

It's the Bee Movie all over again.

Aidanete
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Aidanete » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 pm

I think the human's intelligence dissappeared few years ago. :lol:

PD: And that film is the best prove of that theory.

FebruaryDracaena
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby FebruaryDracaena » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:04 pm

but boy is it getting low scores
lte me quote from tvtropes
The film is also noted for its abysmally low scores on film rating websites. Initially, it boasted a rare Rotten Tomatoes score of 0% at the time of release, which gave it further unwanted attention. It's now at 6%, but still qualifies as one of the lowest-scored animated films in the site's history. Similarly, it has a 10 out of 100 on Metacritic, becoming the lowest-scored animated film on that site, and in that case it scored lower than Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie (15 out of 100). On the Internet Movie Database, users have given the movie 1.7 out of 10 stars, which is just barely lower than Foodfight!, and has even ended up on the IMDb Bottom 100 list (it's at #7 as of this writing).
its even worse than foodfight thats how hecking horrible it is

Oshi
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby Oshi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:12 pm

FebruaryDracaena wrote:but boy is it getting low scores
lte me quote from tvtropes
The film is also noted for its abysmally low scores on film rating websites. Initially, it boasted a rare Rotten Tomatoes score of 0% at the time of release, which gave it further unwanted attention. It's now at 6%, but still qualifies as one of the lowest-scored animated films in the site's history. Similarly, it has a 10 out of 100 on Metacritic, becoming the lowest-scored animated film on that site, and in that case it scored lower than Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie (15 out of 100). On the Internet Movie Database, users have given the movie 1.7 out of 10 stars, which is just barely lower than Foodfight!, and has even ended up on the IMDb Bottom 100 list (it's at #7 as of this writing).
its even worse than foodfight thats how hecking horrible it is
Wow. You have to work HARD for your movie to be worse than that monstrosity that is Foodfight!

Now that I think about it I don't think that The Emoji Movie could possibly be worse than Foodfight, but I don't have the eyes of a movie critic so this part is completely pointless. I'l just put a strike through it.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:49 pm

can't wait till the fidget spinner movie
https://me.me/i/creators-of-moji-movie- ... e-14558826

TheMockeryMitten
Banned

Postby TheMockeryMitten » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Return to “Sandbox”