The Emoji Movie

Off-topic discussion.
Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: The Emoji Movie

Postby Mable » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

That was one touching story to the heart.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright

Postby DJFMHD » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:26 pm

I didn't feel like reading it fully so can someone summaize.

Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Okay, I'm sorry that I went a bit overboard on my thoughts, so I'll summarize it in one sentence.

The Emoji Movie shows how some companies try to be hip and relevant to either kids or the internet, but end up making everyone else question their competence in film making.

Also, yes, my favorite movie is Zootopia.

And, just to reiterate. :D / something similar = disease

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Zootopia was a decent movie with some stock plot twists and some pretty normal life lessons. It was one of the better animated kids films from the past few years.

Emoji Movie (from what it looks like right now) will be fairly similar to the past four or five years of animated kids movies. Stock cliché morals, some decent characters, and some expected plot twists.
Despite the idea of making a movie about emojis being a weird one at best, I highly doubt the movie will suck or be terrible. It will most likely be a completely run-of-the-mill animated kids movie that people will probably forget about after 6 months.

Just my two cents after watching the trailer.

Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Mivixion wrote:Zootopia was a decent movie with some stock plot twists and some pretty normal life lessons. It was one of the better animated kids films from the past few years.

Emoji Movie (from what it looks like right now) will be fairly similar to the past four or five years of animated kids movies. Stock cliché morals, some decent characters, and some expected plot twists.
Despite the idea of making a movie about emojis being a weird one at best, I highly doubt the movie will suck or be terrible. It will most likely be a completely run-of-the-mill animated kids movie that people will probably forget about after 6 months.

Just my two cents after watching the trailer.
Mmm...don't be surprised when 2018 rolls right around the corner and Sony Animations goes bankrupt because of the Emoji Movie. I feel like the years after the movie is released can be summed up by one of Dennis Hoppers quotes. "It's like a terd that won't flush."

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna believe that a giant company is going to go bankrupt because of a completely average mediocre animated film.

Because that's definitely how the economy works.

Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Mivixion wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely gonna believe that a giant company is going to go bankrupt because of a completely average mediocre animated film.

Because that's definitely how the economy works.
What I'm saying is, the company will soon lose profit after the movie is released because if they put as much money into production as possible, then when the movie flops terribly, they'll be in debt and soon won't be able to pay it off because no one will see their movies from that point on since by that time the memories of the film will flood the media and people will then bandwagon into an Anti-Sony Animations groups, thus essentially boycotting the company all together.

Btw, this is just my vision on how this will turn out. If you think this will just fly by, more power to ya'. I just think things differently.
Also, I haven't learned how the economy really works. I thought it was based around the stock market and the people of America, where if people think a company is crap, then faith for that company soon diminishes, thus loosing profit for that company.
Tell me if I'm wrong on that...

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Sup3rM4r10Br0s wrote:Mmm...don't be surprised when 2018 rolls right around the corner and Sony Animations goes bankrupt because of the Emoji Movie. I feel like the years after the movie is released can be summed up by one of Dennis Hoppers quotes. "It's like a terd that won't flush."
I have a feeling the Emoji movie was made very cheaply. Believe me, one relatively bad stinker isn't going to bring down a super big company like Sony.

Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:22 am

Well, not by itself, but possibly overtime, less people will watch any of their other movies after the Emoji Movie. Possibly is the key word, so don't think that my vision is the only one.
The reason why I think this is look what happened to MacAfee and AOL. AOL went overboard with their marketing of the program by including it with every other program made, giving people the sense that they waste money. MacAfee went downhill by making the program less and less reliable, thus again giving the sense of wasting money. Both of those companies were huge at the time, so maybe Sony Animations will suffer as well.

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Sup3rM4r10Br0s wrote:Well, not by itself, but possibly overtime, less people will watch any of their other movies after the Emoji Movie. Possibly is the key word, so don't think that my vision is the only one.
The reason why I think this is look what happened to MacAfee and AOL. AOL went overboard with their marketing of the program by including it with every other program made, giving people the sense that they waste money. MacAfee went downhill by making the program less and less reliable, thus again giving the sense of wasting money. Both of those companies were huge at the time, so maybe Sony Animations will suffer as well.
Well, I didn't know that happened until now.

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 pm

I agree with Mivixion on this.
The movie just seems to be a generic mediocre movie, nothing more and nothing less.
Just because the movie is about emojis doesn't mean it's going to be the worst movie of all time.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:51 pm

At least it's not singing animals again

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:02 pm

i wonder how long this thread is gonna go on for. . . .

Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Yeah, its just where I think Emojis are the worst possible way to ever express yourself in, let alone base a movie around them.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:i wonder how long this thread is gonna go on for. . . .
Uhm why do you even make threads and then ask stuff like that? Seriously sometimes ur posts make no sense at all.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright

Postby DJFMHD » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:06 pm

As long as people saying it's crap other people will oppose. So I think that this thread will end up in the pit of 100 pages.
Also is James Corden the big new thing? They do realize that there are other late show host right?

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Mable wrote:
Uhm why do you even make threads and then ask stuff like that? Seriously sometimes ur posts make no sense at all.
sometimes nobodys posts make sense ar all

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:55 pm

TLtimelord wrote:
Sup3rM4r10Br0s wrote:Mmm...don't be surprised when 2018 rolls right around the corner and Sony Animations goes bankrupt because of the Emoji Movie. I feel like the years after the movie is released can be summed up by one of Dennis Hoppers quotes. "It's like a terd that won't flush."
I have a feeling the Emoji movie was made very cheaply. Believe me, one relatively bad stinker isn't going to bring down a super big company like Sony.
Especially since they've been mostly making them cheap, the budgets would usually be $60 million, but even though their most expensive is $110 million, they can't seem to go any lower nor further with the lack of notice or likes.
The amount of money they make is somewhat a profitable amount and the reason why they've managed to make it after some of their releases bombed/were flamed by some critics.
2018 is also a year where they decided to flood the cinemas with their work from their animation studio (so far) so if the Emoji movie does flop horribly, there may be a few changes to what could be expected from SPA.

So just like their modern films after 2013, it's obviously made cheaply, but with this film I wouldn't be surprised if it was below $60 million.
Although a budget wouldn't mean it will make a movie 100% good, so it's really just a current "trend" going on in the animation industry.

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:58 pm

it just rags on, doesn't it?

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him