This is the place for video games!
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Unpopular game opinions

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:58 am

Remember when I said that the Bandai game development division should've gone bankrupt for making Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde on the (Nintendo Entertainment System), and everyone yelled at me? Well lemme rephrase that unpopular opinion:

Freaking Bandai AND Toho should've been ashamed of themselves for even publishing that hard and dreadful (NES) game in the first place (In both Japan and US) in the late 1980's! Is that better?

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:34 am

Here's a good unpopular gaming opinion based off the mini systems:

The Sega Mega Drive/Genesis mini is the GREATEST mini classic system ever made for one excellent reason, Sega put more effort than the rest of the mini consoles, as they put 2 experimental games* in their line up of 42 games that later become very memorable. Don't :?: me!

*For those who don't know, the 2 experimental games are:
  • Mega Man The Wily Wars
  • Monster World IV

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:45 pm

The Mega Man 2 robot master, Airman*, is NOT really that hard to defeat like the song, "Airman Ga Taosenai", explains it imo! You just have to be lucky enough with the tornado projectile placement! I should know, I recently defeated him WITHOUT using a single E tank! Quickman is harder imo :roll:

*In the Japanese & Wily Wars versions to be speific.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: just cool

Postby Uranus » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:43 am

I will never care about Pokemon. The series bores me and I refuse to care about it. The games are good at the best. But not something I would be addicted to.

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Postby cato » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Uranus wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:43 am
I will never care about Pokemon. The series bores me and I refuse to care about it. The games are good at best. But not something I would be addicted to.
I agree. I would be that type of guy who would literally Google all the Pokemon's type effectiveness just to find a way to defeat them.

It amazes me that people would spend so much time catching 1000+ Pokemon across different games and consoles, as well as grinding for experience points to level them up.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:02 pm

cato wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 pm
Uranus wrote:
I will never care about Pokemon. The series bores me and I refuse to care about it. The games are good at best. But not something I would be addicted to.
I agree. I would be that type of guy who would literally Google all the Pokemon's type effectiveness just to find a way to defeat them.

It amazes me that people would spend so much time catching 1000+ Pokemon across different games and consoles, as well as grinding for experience points to level them up.
It's because there's a lot of competetiveness to the Pokemon games, like how there is with Smash Bros.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:35 pm

The very beloved 1997 Rareware Nintendo64 game, Diddy Kong Racing is better than the 1999 PS1 game, Crash Tag Racing!

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: just cool

Postby Uranus » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:25 am

The Boost Gameplay from Sonic Unleashed up to Sonic Forces is not a good game style. The camera is one way most of the time and doesn't have a lot of stretching room while the Adventure Style could do a lot more.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby PdizzleParker » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:18 pm

The Sonic series peaked at Generations.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Ever since I expanded my interest in handheld gaming from just mostly the members from the (Nintendo) Gameboy family to all Gameboy systems AND the SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color, I got this unpopular gaming opinion to share:

The Neo Geo Pocket Color should've never have been discontinued in the new millennium that early in it's lifespan! As the handheld is better than the Game Gear, Lynx, and any of the Shitty Tiger handhelds!

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:46 pm

cato wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 pm
Uranus wrote:

I had mild interest in the series at some point, but it quickly diminished when I discovered the Mario series

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Here's 3 unpopular gaming opinions I'm gonna share with y'all:
  • All of the SEGA AGES & 3DS ports of Sega classics (Sega X M2) < any of the SEGA Genesis collection/ports games.

• I liked The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past equally.

• I did mention this, but screw it! I find Final Fantasy 7 to be the most boring FF game. And I had the freaking patience to 100% freaking Paper Mario Sticker Star. :roll:

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX.
Pronouns: He/him/

Postby Lucario » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:21 am

• Mario Kart Wii is better than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe;
    Pokémon Rumble Rush shouldn't have been shut down;
    New Super Mario Bros Wii is better than Super Mario 3D World;
    New Super Mario Bros U is as good as its prequel: New Super Mario Bros. Wii;
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is better than Super Mario World;
    Super Mario Bros. 2 is better than Super Mario Bros. 3;
    New Super Mario Bros DS is better than New Super Mario Bros. 3DS;
    Maractus and Lopunny are on my Top 3 Pokémon (Lucario - Maractus - Lopunny);
    Pokémon Shuffle is better than Mario Kart Tour;
    New Super Mario Bros series shouldn't have stopped making more sequels (and NOT REMAKES LIKE NSMBU DELUXE! :x);
    Wii was the best console worldwide. :D
Added in 3 minutes 2 seconds:
Uranus wrote:
I will never care about Pokemon. The series bores me and I refuse to care about it. The games are good at the best. But not something I would be addicted to.
OK, you don't know what you are missing them :lol: But seriously, Pokémon is great! Except for the newest games, they suck. It isn't as hard and mysterious as before. No exciting battles like VS Cynthia, the Champion, REALLY NARROW routes (looking at XY)... Ugh, the only good thing these games have are no HMs and new species.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 am

It’s good that the nsmb Series stopped cause it got really tiring after wii. It’s basically just different levels but the same lame koopaling kid battles

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby PdizzleParker » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:02 pm

New Super Mario Bros. U was the best in the series for me. The world map was really good and reminded me a lot of Super Mario World, the levels in that game were some of the best designed in the whole series, and they at least TRIED to break out of the bog-standard world structure and try a couple of more creative themes.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:51 am

Idunn wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:28 am
It’s good that the nsmb Series stopped cause it got really tiring after wii. It’s basically just different levels but the same lame koopaling kid battles
Somehow, I agree that the Koopaling Fights should stop being repetitive. They should add more bosses like in the original NSMBDS. I'm not saying that I don't like the Koopalings, but the series' bosses options should vary more. Aside from that and the lack of hard levels (Except for NSMBWII because after 9-7 I learned the definition of "hard" lol), I think NSMBWII have a lot more benefits that offset those factors. So, I still think the NSMB series should come back, but I stand corrected saying that it is a perfect game (I said it once). But, no game is perfect and NSMBWII and the rest of NSMB series are still my favorite Mario games. But, great point, Idunn. Not a lot of people make me suddenly turn into a critic :lol:

Added in 3 minutes 8 seconds:
Also, the NSMB series should have more worlds in my opinion for longer gameplay (like, if possible, 50 distinct worlds), enemies as varied as our NPCs, comeback of OG bosses, new bosses, new enemies, and more... The one game who got the closest to make the dream game come true is NewerSMBWII, a fangame by the Newer Team.
Last edited by Lucario on Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:40 am

Lucario wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:54 am
Y.
Yeah, also they made one for the ds as well, and I heard newer is still getting it’s update newer plus.

I agree on nsmb with it’s bosses they were more fun to fight since it’s always a neat thing when a standard enemie turns into a bigger baddy.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:11 am

Lucario wrote:
Idunn wrote:
Somehow, I agree that the Koopaling Fights should stop being repetitive. They should add more bosses like in the original NSMBDS. I'm not saying that I don't like the Koopalings, but the series' bosses options should vary more. Aside from that and the lack of hard levels (Except for NSMBWII because after 9-7 I learned the definition of "hard" lol), I think NSMBWII have a lot more benefits that offset those factors. So, I still think the NSMB series should come back, but I stand corrected saying that it is a perfect game (I said it once). But, no game is perfect and NSMBWII and the rest of NSMB series are still my favorite Mario games. But, great point, Idunn. Not a lot of people make me suddenly turn into a critic :lol:

Also, the NSMB series should have more worlds in my opinion for longer gameplay (like, if possible, 50 distinct worlds), enemies as varied as our NPCs, comeback of OG bosses, new bosses, new enemies, and more... The one game who got the closest to make the dream game come true is NewerSMBWII, a fangame by the Newer Team.
I agree on this. I'm also bored of the bosses limited to Koopalings and Bowser. Yoshi's Island series had such great bosses, same with the NSMBDS. NewerSMBWII and NewerSMBDS have brought back variety on bosses.

And not just the bosses from YI or NSMBDS, bosses from Paper Mario series should return. I'd give my money if Nintendo brings back Koopa Bros, Crystal King etc. to a new game.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:06 am

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:11 am
Lucario wrote:
Idunn wrote:

I agree on this. I'm also bored of the bosses limited to Koopalings and Bowser. Yoshi's Island series had such great bosses, same with the NSMBDS. NewerSMBWII and NewerSMBDS have brought back variety on bosses.

And not just the bosses from YI or NSMBDS, bosses from Paper Mario series should return. I'd give my money if Nintendo brings back Koopa Bros, Crystal King etc. to a new game.
Same, I'd really love seeing the Koopa Bros., the Tutankoopa and even the Hooktail's family (the dragons you kill Paper Mario: TTYD) in a 2D format. Also, I searched who is Crystal King cuz' I never finished the original (nor the sequel, yet I'm really next to do so, I used glitches to get Ms. Mowz early), but I finished SPM, which had the BEST lore of every Nintendo game! Not to count the enemies that have potential on 2D formats like, Longator/Longadile, Cherbil and bosses like Mimi's (disturbing) True Form. I'd pay only too convince Nintendo! :mrgreen: (lol now I am a Bob-Omb rank :D )

Added in 3 minutes 14 seconds:
This dream game (a lot of bosses, varied enemies, comeback of OGs, a lot of worlds, Paper Mario in 2Ds, our favorite powerups, and other features) would might take a while, but the game would be worth the wait, unlike games like Pokémon Sword and Shield. Sakurai (from Smash Brothers) said himself: A rushed game is never a good game.

TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything

Postby TheNightingale » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Among Us gets really boring after some time.

Return to “Video Games”