crazydev's Supa Graphics Pack (v1.1)

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

crazydev's Supa Graphics Pack (v1.1)

Postby crazydev » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:08 pm

A big ol collection of all my stuff, mostly tilesets.
It also contains some of my unreleased or old graphics.

All tilesets come with convenient PGE files (.ini).
changelog: show
v1.1
  • Custom Forest Tileset added.
  • Conveyor NPC added to Steel Construction Tileset.
content: show
  • Cumulus Clouds and Bricks Tileset
  • Custom Dungeon Tileset
  • Custom Forest Tileset
  • Custom Wood Tileset
  • Dark Grassy Tileset (Blue, Brown)
  • Dirty Plains Tileset
  • Grey Stone Tileset
  • Nighttime Bluegrass Tileset
  • Starry Crater Tileset (Asteroid, Desert)
  • Steel Construction Tileset
  • Special Blocks ('?' Block, Big Blocks, Switch Blocks, etc.)
  • Bouncy Block (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow)
  • Paper Mario Star Piece
  • SMB3-Styled Shy Guys
  • SMB3-Styled Snifits
screenshots (v1.1): show
screenshots: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hope you like it !
Last edited by crazydev on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: crazydev's Supa Graphics Pack

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Gosh darn it, why are all of your graphics so good!?

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Fuck me in the bum-hole (Not literally...), you deliver some outstanding graphics on this forums!

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: they/them

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Wow, these look amazing!
Also, on the steel tileset, could you have some sort of fill tile to go between the beams? I would really like to use that tileset for a factory level or something, and I think a fill tile would be good. Also, maybe you could make some conveyor belts in a similar style?

crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby crazydev » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:01 pm

IzIcy wrote:Fuck me in the bum-hole (Not literally...), you deliver some outstanding graphics on this forums!
Matt_The_Slime wrote:Gosh darn it, why are all of your graphics so good!?
Thanks guys ^^
The Dwarven Digger wrote:Wow, these look amazing!
Also, on the steel tileset, could you have some sort of fill tile to go between the beams? I would really like to use that tileset for a factory level or something, and I think a fill tile would be good. Also, maybe you could make some conveyor belts in a similar style?
Thanks ! And I did include a fill tile, actually. I will work on a conveyor belt soon.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm

I love this pack, but didn't you make some SML npcs?

crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby crazydev » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:20 pm

I did, but they were on my old, now fried PC. And my old download links dont exist. Wish i still had the files.

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:21 pm

crazydev wrote:
Thanks ! And I did include a fill tile, actually. I will work on a conveyor belt soon.
I see, It's just it didn't look like there was one from the screenshots. Is it the darkened one on the sort of vertical strip on the right of this screenshot? Or is it something else?

crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby crazydev » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:28 pm

The Dwarven Digger wrote:
crazydev wrote:
I see, It's just it didn't look like there was one from the screenshots. Is it the darkened one on the sort of vertical strip on the right of this screenshot? Or is it something else?
On the bottom of the screenshot yo can see the fill. The blocks on the right are a sizable

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:42 pm

crazydev wrote:
The Dwarven Digger wrote:
crazydev wrote: Thanks ! And I did include a fill tile, actually. I will work on a conveyor belt soon.
Spoiler: show
On the bottom of the screenshot yo can see the fill. The blocks on the right are a sizable
I see it now. Looks good! I especially like the chains, lanterns and hazard stripes. Your other tilesets are amazing as well, I like the grey rocky tileset and the effect on the bricks and special blocks. Really looking forward to any more graphics you plan on adding.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:57 pm

These are actually really good. I love the cloud/ruins tileset and the purple beach tileset. Most likely gonna use these in the future.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm

crazydev wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Most of this actually looks really good. I'm going to give feedback on every screenshot, so here is a spoiler.
Ok, I allready gave quite a lot of feedback on the cloud/bricks tileset and I see you have fixed the contrast and added some BGO's (which look awesome by the way). There are still some issues like the colour of the sizables and the lack of shading on the side of the bricks. But it looks quite good now.

The castle tileset looks fucking if you ask me. Unlike with the bricks in your cloud tileset you nailed the side-shading here. One thing that could make this even better might be an in-tile decoration of a window or a set of iron bars.

The wood tileset looks awesome! You could however add some screws/nails in the wood to make it look even cooler. A few wood-related bgo's also woulnd't hurt.

I don't really know what to say about the purple thing. I mean, nice fill and all but what is the green shit on top? It is way too bright to be anything natural however and it clashes with the rest of the tileset. If it's grass you should change the colours to a more natural shade of green. If its slime the color is fine but the shading isn't make it more smooth and gooey.

I allready expressed my thoughts for the dirt tileset in the WIP graphics thread, it looks dope but the walkable part is a bit weird.

The ruins tileset is fucking dope. Don't change anything about it.

The nighttime bluegrass tileset is pretty cool. It works perfectly with SMB1 night background and I'm guessing its intended to be used with it. I am really a fan of monocolouring the snifits because the blue npc's don't stand out from the background and tileset making them harder to notice during gameplay.

The asteroid/desert tileset looks pretty cool even though it's very simplistic, it would work great in a SMW styled environment. The desert's colours should however be changed into a more desatured shade of yellow/orange. It makes more sense as sand than bright orange. Look at PROX's deserts for example, they use the perfect colour and because of this, they look more realistic.

That factory looks super neat! Especially the chains and the way you incorporated the danger stripes pattern everywhere. You might want to make the background wall version of the stripes quite a bit darker, they look too similar to the solid ones now.

The special blocks look cool, especially the brick blocks. They seem very NSMB-ish to me, dont know why.
Anyways, if you keep improving like you are you will eventually become a great GFX artist. Keep it up!

crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby crazydev » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:23 pm

witchking666 wrote:
crazydev wrote:
Most of this actually looks really good. I'm going to give feedback on every screenshot, so here is a spoiler.
Ok, I allready gave quite a lot of feedback on the cloud/bricks tileset and I see you have fixed the contrast and added some BGO's (which look awesome by the way). There are still some issues like the colour of the sizables and the lack of shading on the side of the bricks. But it looks quite good now.

The castle tileset looks fucking if you ask me. Unlike with the bricks in your cloud tileset you nailed the side-shading here. One thing that could make this even better might be an in-tile decoration of a window or a set of iron bars.

The wood tileset looks awesome! You could however add some screws/nails in the wood to make it look even cooler. A few wood-related bgo's also woulnd't hurt.

I don't really know what to say about the purple thing. I mean, nice fill and all but what is the green shit on top? It is way too bright to be anything natural however and it clashes with the rest of the tileset. If it's grass you should change the colours to a more natural shade of green. If its slime the color is fine but the shading isn't make it more smooth and gooey.

I allready expressed my thoughts for the dirt tileset in the WIP graphics thread, it looks dope but the walkable part is a bit weird.

The ruins tileset is fucking dope. Don't change anything about it.

The nighttime bluegrass tileset is pretty cool. It works perfectly with SMB1 night background and I'm guessing its intended to be used with it. I am really a fan of monocolouring the snifits because the blue npc's don't stand out from the background and tileset making them harder to notice during gameplay.

The asteroid/desert tileset looks pretty cool even though it's very simplistic, it would work great in a SMW styled environment. The desert's colours should however be changed into a more desatured shade of yellow/orange. It makes more sense as sand than bright orange. Look at PROX's deserts for example, they use the perfect colour and because of this, they look more realistic.

That factory looks super neat! Especially the chains and the way you incorporated the danger stripes pattern everywhere. You might want to make the background wall version of the stripes quite a bit darker, they look too similar to the solid ones now.

The special blocks look cool, especially the brick blocks. They seem very NSMB-ish to me, dont know why.
Anyways, if you keep improving like you are you will eventually become a great GFX artist. Keep it up!
Thanks for all your criticisms! That was very helpful. And, yeah lol the purple tileset is my worst, i made that when i was really rusty and first came back to graphics-making; I can do better than that now.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:33 pm

crazydev wrote:Thanks for all your criticisms! That was very helpful. And, yeah lol the purple tileset is my worst, i made that when i was really rusty and first came back to graphics-making; I can do better than that now.
How 'bout remaking it then?

crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Re: crazydev's Supa Graphics Pack (v1.1) [Update]

Postby crazydev » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:51 pm

Updated to v1.1.
changelog: show
v1.1
  • Custom Forest Tileset added.
  • Conveyor NPC added to Steel Construction Tileset.

ivanmegafanboy
Blooper
Blooper

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:41 am

There is something unique about the palettes on this graphics. They all look cool.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 am

I don't think you realize how many times I've used your old SMB3 shy guys & snifits, hell they're basically a devkit for me. So glad you have a new set I can abuse!

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:23 pm

this is some impressive stuff I'm seeing.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:12 am

Oh wow the GFX look pawsome and detailed!(Especially the grass tileset wow just wow) Great job! ;)
Gonna use this later.

Eternia
Koopa
Koopa

Re: crazydev's Supa Graphics Pack (v1.1)

Postby Eternia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:06 am

Brilliant pack! May I suggest you do some custom backgrounds of the different tile sets you've made?

Return to “Graphics”