Super Mario Bros. X - Grand Extravaganza! (AWARDS!)

Official community level contests.
Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: Super Mario Bros. X - Grand Extravaganza! (AWARDS!)

Postby Mable » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:37 pm

"the Rinka-dodging sections is one of them. While they were a little redundant and out-of-place, it served as a humorous parody of Touhou levels, although the first one drags on for a bit."

So does that mean any rinka dodging thing is a parody of touhou? Is super metroid endgame touhou parody?

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Turning on my laptop is a pain so consistently saving when I ended up getting about 7 blue screens didn't really help that much. Sometimes it doesn't even turn on properly.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:41 pm

RoundPiplup wrote:Turning on my laptop is a pain so consistently saving didn't really help that much. Sometimes it doesn't even turn on properly.
That truly sucks then... are you in consideration of getting a new PC in the future?

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:44 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
RoundPiplup wrote:Turning on my laptop is a pain so consistently saving didn't really help that much. Sometimes it doesn't even turn on properly.
That truly sucks then... are you in consideration of getting a new PC in the future?
That's unlikely to happen anytime soon for me. That's the only windows laptop that I can use.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Come the fuck on, i was SOOO close to top 20, also, i hate harsh judges, so the fact that you can sum up Jupihornet's review as "you suck" Upsets me,
why the fucking fuck do i suck at anything level design. Or i get insulted by the judges, etc. To be honest, i feel this WAS NOT worth the wait, i'm just
disappointed, you know, like i always am when i see the results of a level contest.

snoruntpyro
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: she/her

Postby snoruntpyro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:50 pm

:thinking:

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Radiance » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:50 pm

JupiHornet is not that harsh when he hosted his third music contest lol

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

MosaicMario wrote:Come the fuck on, i was SOOO close to top 20, also, i hate harsh judges, so the fact that you can sum up Jupihornet's review as "you suck" Upsets me,
why the fucking fuck do i suck at anything level design. Or i get insulted by the judges, etc. To be honest, i feel this WAS NOT worth the wait, i'm just
disappointed, you know, like i always am when i see the results of a level contest.
well, maybe the judges thought that the level sucked because it did?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Uzendayo wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:Come the fuck on, i was SOOO close to top 20, also, i hate harsh judges, so the fact that you can sum up Jupihornet's review as "you suck" Upsets me,
look at your signature

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
Uzendayo wrote:
look at your signature
pointing out the fact that I have a BTB joke in my sig proves nothing. The judges didn't like your level. instead of getting mad over it, learn from it and get better. Thats how most creators start out.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Can you seriously stop getting so worked up when things don't go your way? Jeez.

snoruntpyro
Snifit
Snifit
Pronouns: she/her

Postby snoruntpyro » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm

honestly i find it the funniest thing that the contest host gives so little of a shit that he didn't even include the individual scores and just dumped the reviews in generic quotes

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Uzendayo wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:
Uzendayo wrote:
look at your signature
pointing out the fact that I have a BTB joke in my sig proves nothing. The judges didn't like your level. instead of getting mad over it, learn from it and get better. Thats how most creators start out.
I've gotten awful scores when i thought the level was more than decent like 8 times now, how can you expect me to do that
Zeldamaster12 wrote:
Can you seriously stop getting so worked up when things don't go your way? Jeez.
I'm a stupid designer who thinks they make good levels that are only decent or flat out suck, how do you expect me to not complain?
Last edited by Quill on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Get testers. Critics who can review your level before submission.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Congratulations to Ace and KoopaTheQuick. They made a great level. :)

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:09 pm

MosaicMario wrote:I'm a stupid designer who thinks they make good levels that are only decent or flat out suck, how do you expect me to not complain?
You see this? This is the kind of attitude that I'm talking about. You put yourself down way too hard when things don't go your way, and it's really not healthy.

You may think a level is good, but others might not. That doesn't mean you should get super angry over it, but rather take the criticism and improve. When I submitted my CC9 level, I expected top 30 at least and I thought I genuinely did a good job on it. Do you know where it placed? Fifth from last. The judges simply didn't like the level and turns out it had loads of flaws. Sure I was disappointed with my placement, but rather than raging over it, I listened to the criticism I was given and strived to improve. You should do the same.

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:10 pm

i gave you advice and even said you can do better but okay

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
MosaicMario wrote:I'm a stupid designer who thinks they make good levels that are only decent or flat out suck, how do you expect me to not complain?
You see this? This is the kind of attitude that I'm talking about. You put yourself down way too hard when things don't go your way, and it's really not healthy.

You may think a level is good, but others might not. That doesn't mean you should get super angry over it, but rather take the criticism and improve. When I submitted my CC9 level, I expected top 30 at least and I thought I genuinely did a good job on it. Do you know where it placed? Fifth from last. The judges simply didn't like the level and turns out it had loads of flaws. Sure I was disappointed with my placement, but rather than raging over it, I listened to the criticism I was given and strived to improve. You should do the same.
That's true? Well, alright then i guess.

Mivixion
Panser
Panser

Postby Mivixion » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:13 pm

snoruntpyro wrote:honestly i find it the funniest thing that the contest host gives so little of a shit that he didn't even include the individual scores and just dumped the reviews in generic quotes
if you want them, they're on the spreadsheet. I didn't really find putting them there necessary as the reviews say everything imo

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:14 pm

they don't

Return to “Level Contests”