Site Discussion Thread

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
erkyp3rky
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly theloaflord

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby erkyp3rky » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:27 am

How about this:

Make a new sub-category called "Adoption Centre". Basically, people who have given up on their project can put it up there (Of course, with their own full consent and possibly even a rule set for the adopters.) and others can 'adopt' their failed project and finish it off.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Just an idea.

Akromaly
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Flair: anemoia

Re: Forum Themes

Postby Akromaly » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am

Okay guys, I've started a SMB1 8-bit theme. If someone else is making it, tell me

Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Forum Themes

Postby Turret 3471 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:17 pm

If it's alright, would a SMW Night Theme be ok? (based on Vanilla Dome 4, one of my all time favorite levels)

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 am

People could technically do that now, but they don't because that's not a practical idea.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Alright, so I know that the issue of the cutoff in the pipes has been brought up many times before, and I'm not going to bring it up now, but...
Spoiler: show
The carrots not having cutoff is just inconsistent, like come on either both have cutoff or neither have cutoff, you can't have both.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:13 pm

^
I second this. You admins have to add a cutoff to the carrots. Also, for the style designers out there, remember to add a cutoff in the top of the screen.

WildWEEGEE
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: C# more like Db
Pronouns: he/him

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Sancles-Chan wrote:Alright, so I know that the issue of the cutoff in the pipes has been brought up many times before, and I'm not going to bring it up now, but...
The carrots not having cutoff is just inconsistent, like come on either both have cutoff or neither have cutoff, you can't have both.
thehelmetguy1 wrote:^
I second this. You admins have to add a cutoff to the carrots. Also, for the style designers out there, remember to add a cutoff in the top of the screen.
I would remove cutoff rather than add it.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 pm

WildWEEGEE wrote:
Sancles-Chan wrote:Alright, so I know that the issue of the cutoff in the pipes has been brought up many times before, and I'm not going to bring it up now, but...
thehelmetguy1 wrote:^
I would remove cutoff rather than add it.
No, cutoff is what makes this place what it is
Last edited by Thehelmetguy1 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Imagine being concerned about this.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Here I even made an example for how you could do it

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:48 pm

I noticed that several hundred posts (probably from hidden forums) got deleted recently. Are there occasional post deletings due to us running out of free space?

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:57 pm

I think that's just default for the forum software

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:29 am

A staff member deleted some questionable posts and threads.

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Tue May 01, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm referencing my suggestion that was recently implemented in the SMBX Projects Discord, but is there any chance that both the Episodes and Projects subforums can have sub-categories for 1.4.4 and 2.0. Some of the projects aren't labeled what version there are and there are people here who are interested in only 1.4.4 or interested In only 2.0 and it'd make the forums a lot more organized and easier to find what they want.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue May 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Eclipsed wrote:I'm referencing my suggestion that was recently implemented in the SMBX Projects Discord, but is there any chance that both the Episodes and Projects subforums can have sub-categories for 1.4.4 and 2.0. Some of the projects aren't labeled what version there are and there are people here who are interested in only 1.4.4 or interested In only 2.0 and it'd make the forums a lot more organized and easier to find what they want.
Fyi the SMBX Projects Discord is not associated with any forum. This was discussed at some point but topics are usually marked in some way as using a certain version in the OP (and requested to do so if it isn't apparent). Really don't think it's necessary tbh

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Tue May 01, 2018 4:11 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Eclipsed wrote:I'm referencing my suggestion that was recently implemented in the SMBX Projects Discord, but is there any chance that both the Episodes and Projects subforums can have sub-categories for 1.4.4 and 2.0. Some of the projects aren't labeled what version there are and there are people here who are interested in only 1.4.4 or interested In only 2.0 and it'd make the forums a lot more organized and easier to find what they want.
Fyi the SMBX Projects Discord is not associated with any forum. This was discussed at some point but topics are usually marked in some way as using a certain version in the OP (and requested to do so if it isn't apparent). Really don't think it's necessary tbh
Yeah, if that's the case then I guess it's really not necessary then.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Wed May 02, 2018 4:26 am

what SMBX Projects Discord are you referring to?

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Thu May 03, 2018 12:31 pm

So i noticed my new rank, the Golden Yoshi egg, i'm quite glad and proud to have this :)
However i did realise that now my Level Reviewer rank is gone, am i still a level reviewer? I know i haven't really been doing reviews lately but i have been busy irl with exams.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Thu May 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Just leave a note in your sig saying that you're a level reviewer and people will still recognize you as such.

generally Level Reviewers are supposed to be go-to persons rather than regular reviewers

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm

How inconvenient would it be if the Levels, Projects, and Episodes forum required topic approval before threads go up?

Return to “Archives”