Board Requests for forum

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Eggs
Goomba
Goomba

Board Requests for forum

Postby Eggs » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:40 am

Heya. [egg]egg's second brother here.
So, here's my requests on boards:

Deep Discussion - Politics, Religion, Past, Present, and Future. I feel like we need a board for more mature stuff going on.
Spam and drama - Shitstorm threads go there. Posts put in there won't increase your total post count to prevent mass post harvesting.
Tech Talk - Practically, what do you think it is?
And also: Merge the art board into one megaboard: Media Board (video, pictures, music, poetry, stories)

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Board Requests for forum

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:34 am

Eggs wrote:Spam and drama - Shitstorm threads go there. Posts put in there won't increase your total post count to prevent mass post harvesting.
That isn't happening. Having a dedicated forum just for shitposting won't encourage good discussion, and may encourage more shitposting outside of that forum, thus damaging the reputation of the community. Same reason why forum games aren't allowed.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:08 am

Your art board ''merge'' is literally just a name change, because not only are all the things you listed art, but you can also already post all of them there.

Also forum games aren't bad (not for reputation either) but the spam forum idea is actually kinda horrible.

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Amine Retro » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:03 am

...a spam forum, really? from all the stuff you want... a spam forum...? i mean what's the point?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 am

The point of a spam subforum would be the vibes that are normally let out on the chat or sometimes in "joke" topics. When #backtobasics happened I suggested something like a subforum that would be invisible from the outside and people would have ask staff to gain access into.

Sandbox already covers deep discussion.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:35 am

Supershroom wrote:The point of a spam subforum would be the vibes that are normally let out on the chat or sometimes in "joke" topics. When #backtobasics happened I suggested something like a subforum that would be invisible from the outside and people would have ask staff to gain access into.

Sandbox already covers deep discussion.
Oh no, don't bring up #btb again, you'll bring up bad vibes of what happened last summer. And as for the deep discussion thing, what the OP means is something like the Serious Discussion board that was on NSMBX before the merger happened, that has stricter moderation and pertains for more informative topics like politics and what life really means to people. It might be a good idea in hindsight, but as you said, it's still redundant because it requires more work from the staff.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 am

#backtobasics just proves how bad the idea of a spam forum is

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:33 am

Here's my opinion on your board requests:
  • Deep Discussions: I'm not sure that's what the forums need...
  • Spam & Drama: Oh god no!
  • Tech Talk: You mean talk about all technology?
  • Media Board: I'm not sure about this also....

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:47 am

The Tech Talk could just be a topic in the Sandbox forum, you can make Deep Discussions in the Sandbox, the Media Board is just a name change as Enjl said, and the Spam & Drama forum is a terrible idea.

StrikeForcer
Spike
Spike

Postby StrikeForcer » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:39 pm

#backtobasics was only bad because the people not part of the joke got hurr durr buttmad over the movement's presentation that somehow conflicts with your own understanding of Mario canon. Some of you acted like social justice warriors, in no uncertain terms just because you disagreed with their fun. Though on the movement itself, the only major fault I can find is their raid on Discordhaus (let's be honest, inviting a group of people without approval to come speak on your behalf when you are called out on something regarding that topic constitutes as raiding, doesnt matter if you have good arguments), that's about it.

As for the others, with the exception of "Tech Talk" because talking about technology does have applications seen in like many other forums that could get lost in a general discussion forum as a catch-all forum for off-topic things, the others are bad ideas because 1. Politics and religion can be discussed in general discussion because they are the other aspect of what general discussion is, to talk what is on your mind, and politics and religion definitely allow such things. 2. Having a dedicated shitposting, no, spam forum is a bad idea because not only it directly conflicts with the forum rules on top of being hardly discussable save for those invested into shitposting and drama, it doesn't stop someone from shitposting elsewhere if he/she has the bright idea to do so.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 pm

shitposting is a great activity and i for one would enjoy a section devoted entirely to it

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:44 pm

I was also wondering why in the Mario world he couldn't ask a mod or admin, it'd just be weird for someone to actually POST it in a forum instead of a private message. I also found out that he's actually [Egg]Egg, he said that he forgot his email account, and I cleared it up to him in a PM that he should tell a board admin about, which he did, so I hope he'll be back on his old account soon. That out of the way, nobody should really be making a post about a board request, and I hope he learned his lesson.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:47 pm

what's wrong with encouraging discussion? you won't get much out of a one on one chat with an admin than you would asking others what they think

that said
i still only support the shitposting board as i said like ten minutes ago
the rest of them serve no practical purposes existing boards can't

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Megar wrote:what's wrong with encouraging discussion? you won't get much out of a one on one chat with an admin than you would asking others what they think

that said
i still only support the shitposting board as i said like ten minutes ago
the rest of them serve no practical purposes existing boards can't
What about the offensive shitposts? Offending memes? Things that can and possibly will trigger people. Don't get me wrong, I love to shitpost a lot on Google+, but I don't think it'll work the same on a forum.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:33 pm

idk man, if someone gets offended by shitposts then can't they just not go on the section? if anything, that's just a reason TO have a shitpost section

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Megar wrote:idk man, if someone gets offended by shitposts then can't they just not go on the section? if anything, that's just a reason TO have a shitpost section
I've always experienced a burning desire to get salty over a Google+ post that I take offense to. And a sudden urge to cuss out anybody who had an opinion. But I act differently here, because this is a forum and not a cringe infested media site, also because there are enforcers around. I'd have know idea how an admin or mod would take care of such offensive posts, or potty-mouthed users.

[Egg]Egg
Blooper
Blooper

Postby [Egg]Egg » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:34 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:I was also wondering why in the Mario world he couldn't ask a mod or admin, it'd just be weird for someone to actually POST it in a forum instead of a private message. I also found out that he's actually [Egg]Egg, he said that he forgot his email account, and I cleared it up to him in a PM that he should tell a board admin about, which he did, so I hope he'll be back on his old account soon. That out of the way, nobody should really be making a post about a board request, and I hope he learned his lesson.
I'm a yes

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:54 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:That out of the way, nobody should really be making a post about a board request, and I hope he learned his lesson.
wait is this not the subforum for feedback and suggestions?

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Enjl wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:That out of the way, nobody should really be making a post about a board request, and I hope he learned his lesson.
wait is this not the subforum for feedback and suggestions?
*Nervous Laugh Intensifies* Yeah, I think I read that wrong, but still, there are people who don't like these suggestions, and I'm just curious why this topic hasn't been locked yet.
Edit:He should still PM an admin if he has any big suggestions, because I think that would be a waste to make a topic about it.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:09 pm

If it's a big suggestion then it specifically SHOULD be a topic, because it's important to see what the community thinks.

Your logic is completely backwards

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”