Right, so about the YouTube profile field...

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Right, so about the YouTube profile field...

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:18 pm

This was brought up back in August last year, with the topic about it being here, but it's been buried under all the other discussion topics and nothing has been done to rectify the issue. Therefore, I'm going to bring it up again, and hope that something is done to fix this issue.

The issue I'm talking about, it's about the field in your profile that allows you to enter your YouTube channel. The problem here is that the field for the YouTube channel assumes that it's a username and not a channel ID. This is shown when I try to add the channel name itself (and nothing more) to the profile. When I do that, it automatically prefixes the string "http://www.youtube.com/user/" onto the name. While it will work for YouTube channels that have been created before the Google+ integration, the problem is that quite a lot of us, me included, have created YouTube channels after the integration took place and so we go by a channel ID rather than a name. Entering the ID itself into the field will still prefix it with the same string, and thus clicking on the link will lead to a page on YouTube stating the channel doesn't exist.

Is there a way of fixing this bug so it will allow for both channel IDs and channel usernames to work? If not, I would probably recommend deleting this field altogether because not many people really use it for this reason.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Re: Right, so about the YouTube profile field...

Postby Valentine » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:55 pm

Just use the website field

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Sanct wrote:Just use the website field
Well yeah, that's a viable alternative along with putting it in your signature, but it doesn't fix the problem.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Sanct wrote:Just use the website field
And what if you have a website? As Linik said, your sig is probably the best place to put your YT channel.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”