A question about the old SMBX site

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

A question about the old SMBX site

Postby Ecruteak » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm

When I was younger, I used to visit a site that looked like this one, with similar pipes at the top of the page and SMB3 environments. I remember one of the pages (I think it was the front page) had MIDIs of SMB3 songs that you could listen to, and one of the pipes at the top of the screen took you to a page with a fortress theme and it had Mario-related videos and things. I also partially remember it having levels and stuff, and at the time, I was confused.

So can anyone confirm? Was what I described the old SMBX, or was it just some other website?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: A question about the old SMBX site

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:48 pm

Yep - you're thinking of SuperMarioBrothers.org, commonly referred to as SMB.org, which was Redigit's Mario website and the original home of SMBX.

Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Ecruteak » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Ahhhh, that's right. I remember the site wasn't called SuperMarioBrosX, but I'd forgotten what it was called. Thanks for the help.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:02 am

Joey wrote:Yep - you're thinking of SuperMarioBrothers.org, commonly referred to as SMB.org, which was Redigit's Mario website and the original home of SMBX.
I'm looking at that same site too, it's giving me the creeps that it's sort of stuck in time, that it just everything stopped at 2009. Can't really do much there, but it's cool to see what the old site was about.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:20 am

The old site has been taken down and you can only visit it through webarchive (Wayback Machine), that's why it's frozen in time.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:58 am

Also a reminder that http://www.supermariobrothers.org in 2011 or so has been taken down by Nintendo and whenever you access that website it redirects you to the Nintendo's Mario homepage.

Hawkeyeone
Spike
Spike

Postby Hawkeyeone » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:28 am

Joey wrote:Yep - you're thinking of SuperMarioBrothers.org, commonly referred to as SMB.org, which was Redigit's Mario website and the original home of SMBX.
Yeah this is the site. Pretty advanced for 2009 when most Mario fan websites had pretty blank backgrounds and text everywhere.
bossedit8 wrote:Also a reminder that http://www.supermariobrothers.org in 2011 or so has been taken down by Nintendo and whenever you access that website it redirects you to the Nintendo's Mario homepage.
Actually I think it was taken down around 2012-2013. It was still up for a while even after Nintendo took down the program download for SMBX.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Hawkeyeone wrote:
Yeah this is the site. Pretty advanced for 2009 when most Mario fan websites had pretty blank backgrounds and text everywhere.
bossedit8 wrote:Also a reminder that http://www.supermariobrothers.org in 2011 or so has been taken down by Nintendo and whenever you access that website it redirects you to the Nintendo's Mario homepage.
Actually I think it was taken down around 2012-2013. It was still up for a while even after Nintendo took down the program download for SMBX.
This is true, the site wasn't taken down because I was still able to get on it a bit after SMBX was taken down.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe

Postby MacDuckBeat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Lost level in a nutshell aka The Lost Forum.

Erm.. I still be able to register it ?

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:06 am

The Register and Login buttons are always there when you're logged out, yeah. They shouldn't appear while you're logged in though.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no

Postby AirSeus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Pseudo wrote:The Register and Login buttons are always there when you're logged out, yeah. They shouldn't appear while you're logged in though.
I think he/she means through the old website.

If that was the case, then no you can't.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast

Postby krakin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 pm

RSuper wrote:Lost level in a nutshell aka The Lost Forum.

Erm.. I still be able to register it ?
Since this is on the Wayback Machine, and there's no snapshot of the webpage that tells you to check your email for a confirmation link, you'll be redirected to Nintendo's archived website from the same date
Spoiler: show
You'll get this same redirect page if you try to login.
Long answer short, no you cannot.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Oh, so I've read one of Kyasarin's posts and I can see how he/she can be ... err ... abrasively open on his/her ideas. Cute avatar, though.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”