The NES Project - A Super Mario Bros Remake

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
HeroOfTime
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

The NES Project - A Super Mario Bros Remake

Postby HeroOfTime » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Hello everyone! Let me introduce you to The NES Project, a full Super Mario Bros Remake! That's right! Not a port like everyone else does, but a remake! New areas, new items, and so on! But the classic feel is still there, don't worry!
Basicly, I'm taking every level from Super Mario Brothers and I'm expanding it totally. New areas, new items, new exits and so on. My deadline is March 2017. It may seem long, but I'm not even sure that I can finish it until that date! Anyway, here are some screenshots:
Image Image
Image Image
I also think that it will be a good idea to give each world a style.
World 1: Standard
World 2: Grass
World 3: Snow
World 4: Desert
World 5: Retro
World 6: Scary
World 7: Beach
World 8: Volcano/Lava
I also have some problems, help me here please :( : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17436
Also, if you want to support me and give me motivation, please use this on your signature: Image
Until next time, see ya!

AlphaFenix
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: The NES Project - A Super Mario Bros Remake

Postby AlphaFenix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:33 pm

So this is like a SMB1 Expanded? With custom GFX, expanded levels, more levels and exits?
Well, at least this have a differential, unlike the 67218271839 SMB1 remakes that's a SMBX "import" from the All-Stars version.

HeroOfTime
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby HeroOfTime » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:45 am

AlphaFenix wrote:So this is like a SMB1 Expanded? With custom GFX, expanded levels, more levels and exits?
Well, at least this have a differential, unlike the 67218271839 SMB1 remakes that's a SMBX "import" from the All-Stars version.
That's my target. A full remake of SMB, not just a port.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:46 am

You should have 4 more screens. Otherwise great project. You should try to use SMB style Yoshi's and checkpoints. Also you should try to remaster the main levels, otherwise it won't feel like a full remake.

HeroOfTime
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby HeroOfTime » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:06 am

King of Eterity wrote:You should have 4 more screens. Otherwise great project. You should try to use SMB style Yoshi's and checkpoints. Also you should try to remaster the main levels, otherwise it won't feel like a full remake.
Well, I just started yesterday and when I posted this I only had 2 levels, I can't post 8 screens from 2 levels.
I'm going to change the graphics, it's still in alpha, not even in beta.
What do you mean by main levels? I am remastering the whole Super Mario Brothers game.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:44 am

HeroOfTime wrote:What do you mean by main levels? I am remastering the whole Super Mario Brothers game.
The main levels are things like World 1-1, World 2-3 and so on, those that originally were in the original SMB.

HeroOfTime
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby HeroOfTime » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:45 am

HeroLinik wrote:
HeroOfTime wrote:What do you mean by main levels? I am remastering the whole Super Mario Brothers game.
The main levels are things like World 1-1, World 2-3 and so on, those that originally were in the original SMB.
That's what I'm doing, remaking the main levels :)

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:39 pm

This thread has been locked for the lack of the minimum required screenshots. Once enough screenshots have been provided to any member of the staff this thread will be unlocked.

Return to “Projects”