Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Nintendo may be good, but it is not one of the best game companies

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:03 pm

Lucario wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:02 am
Things they do right:
- Makes games better than some companies.
- Ok, I really can't think of nothing more...

Things they fail:
- Don't listen to their fans.
- Delete ROM Hacks.
- Make games tremendously easy without a Hard Mode.
- Makes incomplete games that you should give more money for the DLCs.
1. They make nice games that is right.
2. There are other things they do good.
3. That depends on what kind of thing we are talking about, if they wouldn't listen to their Fans why did they add Ridley finally into Smash?
4. That's the catch, they have to do this or they end up loosing their license and then anyone can make Mario, Zelda etc Games.
5. Most of their Games rather targed a younger audience by now, so I would understand not having a Hard Mode in a Game since Kids by now wouldn't even have the patience the older fans had.
6. Isn't this like most games by now? Buy this for a lot of bucks and this Season Pass so you get more content. And no you shouldn't you still can speak for yourself if you want to or not?

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Lucario wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf1tQSKBbEU
This video from ~13:20-20:00 explains how bosses are designed to be engaging to players of multiple skill levels by offering faster, but harder, methods to defeat them, effectively creating an in-game difficulty chooser, as well as perceived danger. Also, most games, while you can normally beat the story quite easily, 100%ing often gets very difficult as most Mario games normally hide very difficult levels in their post-games (I.E SMG2's The Perfect Run, SM3DL's Special 8-Crown or SM3DW's Champion's Road).
that you should give more money for the DLCs.
- Makes incomplete games
Can you name any examples?
didn't remove glitches that have no possibility ruin game experience
Can you name any examples WITHOUT online multiplayer. I know Nintendo has removed glitches that may come off as unnecessary to some, but I can only think of examples with some sort of online multiplayer. Online multiplayer, especially competitive multiplayer, exponentially increases the potential for a glitch to ruin the game experience.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX.
Pronouns: He/him/

Postby Lucario » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:09 am

Electriking wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:21 pm
Lucario wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf1tQSKBbEU
This video from ~13:20-20:00 explains how bosses are designed to be engaging to players of multiple skill levels by offering faster, but harder, methods to defeat them, effectively creating an in-game difficulty chooser, as well as perceived danger. Also, most games, while you can normally beat the story quite easily, 100%ing often gets very difficult as most Mario games normally hide very difficult levels in their post-games (I.E SMG2's The Perfect Run, SM3DL's Special 8-Crown or SM3DW's Champion's Road).
that you should give more money for the DLCs.
- Makes incomplete games
Can you name any examples?
didn't remove glitches that have no possibility ruin game experience
Can you name any examples WITHOUT online multiplayer. I know Nintendo has removed glitches that may come off as unnecessary to some, but I can only think of examples with some sort of online multiplayer. Online multiplayer, especially competitive multiplayer, exponentially increases the potential for a glitch to ruin the game experience.
Example of incomplete games:
Pokémon Sword
Pokémon Shield

Glitches:
Isabelle Trophy Cloning Glitch
Instakill Steve

Added in 1 minute 35 seconds:
Idunn wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:03 pm
Lucario wrote:
Things they do right:

Things they fail:
- Delete ROM Hacks.
3. That depends on what kind of thing we are talking about, if they wouldn't listen to their Fans why did they add Ridley finally into Smash?
4. That's the catch, they have to do this or they end up loosing their license and then anyone can make Mario, Zelda etc Games.
5. Most of their Games rather targed a younger audience by now, so I would understand not having a Hard Mode in a Game since Kids by now wouldn't even have the patience the older fans had.
6. Isn't this like most games by now? Buy this for a lot of bucks and this Season Pass so you get more content. And no you shouldn't you still can speak for yourself if you want to or not?
Idunn, just to clear, when I said I couldn't think of nothing more that Nintendo is great in, it's because I was lazy at this point :lol: I was anxious to do something else (my cousin arrived AFTER I written the Nintendo failures)

Added in 4 minutes 42 seconds:
Idunn wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:03 pm
Lucario wrote:
Things they do right:

Things they fail:
- Delete ROM Hacks.
1 - I agree.
2 - I know, read the previous post.
3 - Example: Fans want the NatDéx back, Poképark 3, Waluigi in Smash, Geno in Smash, more Mario RPGs, Pokémon DP Remakes...
4 - That's why we use disclaimers.
5 - I know but, for more experienced players, they should at least make a harder mode like in Pokémon no EXP Share and more difficult trainer battles or challenging Mario stages. Or make the game hard already and, for younger people, an easy mode like they did in Super Mario Odyssey.
6 - If we stop to think, yeah... Every company is doing that rn :lol: But they really should change that :?

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:34 am

I mean Waluigi and Geno is like a thing I doubt ever happens, yeah the natdex was a huge issue for a lot that even ended in people boycotting the company making the games. Tbh Pokepark 3 would be sick.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 pm

Glitches:
Isabelle Trophy Cloning Glitch
Instakill Steve
How are these glitches that don't ruin the game experience? Super Smash Bros is a competitive multiplayer game, so it is incumbent on Nintendo to fix glitches that may create an unfair advantage to exploit them.
3 - Example: Fans want the NatDéx back, Poképark 3, Waluigi in Smash, Geno in Smash, more Mario RPGs, Pokémon DP Remakes...
4 - That's why we use disclaimers.
6 - If we stop to think, yeah... Every company is doing that rn :lol: But they really should change that :?
3 - Pokémon, Mario RPGs and Super Smash Bros are not developed by Nintendo, so they are not directly responsible for what happens in them, so they are not exactly the best examples.
4 - Such disclaimers probably mean nothing from a legal standpoint.
6 - Video game prices will go up if companies stop doing DLCs or passes.

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:08 pm

are you lads seriously putting "their games are too easy" as a reason on why to hate nintendo

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:22 am

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:08 pm
are you lads seriously putting "their games are too easy" as a reason on why to hate nintendo
Let's go ahead and criticize a company who's like entire thing is making games that anyone can pick up and enjoy, for making games that are "too easy."

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:39 am

If you guys want a challenge in modern Nintendo games then do a self-imposed challenge or something. Also there are some newer games that have difficulty options (Link's Awakening's Hero Mode, for example).

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 am

TLtimelord wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:22 am
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
Let's go ahead and criticize a company who's like entire thing is making games that anyone can pick up and enjoy, for making games that are "too easy."
Not sure where you picked up I would hate Nintendo, cause I really don’t since I enjoy a lot of their games.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:14 am

Idunn wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 am
Not sure where you picked up I would hate Nintendo, cause I really don’t since I enjoy a lot of their games.
Yeah don't worry, I wasn't really referring to you. Mine and darko's statements were just general responses to anyone complaining their games were "too easy." Like yes, they handhold a little bit in later games and saying they're kid-friendly isn't an excuse, but it's not nearly as obtrusive as people think it is and they're still very well enjoyable games for the most part.

I would rather vouch their games are not as outright innovative as they used to be.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:00 am

TLtimelord wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:14 am

Yeah don't worry, I wasn't really referring to you. Mine and darko's statements were just general responses to anyone complaining their games were "too easy." Like yes, they handhold a little bit in later games and saying they're kid-friendly isn't an excuse, but it's not nearly as obtrusive as people think it is and they're still very well enjoyable games for the most part.

I would rather vouch their games are not as outright innovative as they used to be.
Ah okay sorry then, I misunderstood it then all good.

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: just cool

Postby Uranus » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:17 am

I don't think it's fair to bash Nintendo about DLC's. Only three big games (Breath of the Wild. Smash. Sword and Shield) have dlc's. But they are well crafted and not spammable.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:04 am

TLtimelord wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:22 am
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:
I don't HATE on a Nintendo because of the lack of difficulty, but they should at least make a hard mode. Don't get me wrong! I love their games, but I think more experienced players deserve a more challenging version of games.

Added in 3 minutes 49 seconds:
Uranus wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:17 am
I don't think it's fair to bash Nintendo about DLC's. Only three big games (Breath of the Wild. Smash. Sword and Shield) have dlc's. But they are well crafted and not spammable.
See? He gets it!

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 am

Well, he told us games that have dlc but are well done.

You said you don’t like it when they release incomplete games and then make you pay for dlcs to have the complete one.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:33 am

Yeah, the DLCs were well done, but they could come included with the original game...

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:44 am

Well some companies have free ones like The Witcher 3 did which expanded upon the story.
I mean this could be argument for almost any company today since dlc now are more bonus content than main game stuff.
And you can still decide if you wanna buy it or not by yourself.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:52 am

Lucario wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:33 am
Yeah, the DLCs were well done, but they could come included with the original game...
And also raising its price.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Electriking wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:52 am
Lucario wrote:
And delaying the finished base game's release.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:04 pm
This, and often then it happens that the game is even more delayed because another huge game is coming out at the same time.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Enjl wrote:
Electriking wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:52 am
Lucario wrote:
I'd pay (not literally :lol:) to Nintendo make us wait then making DLCs that include more stuff than DLCs should (like hundreds of original Pokémon specimens back, it should be something like, 25 OGs and maybe 2 or 5 new Pokémon).
Idunn wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 pm
Enjl wrote:
This, and often then it happens that the game is even more delayed because another huge game is coming out at the same time.
Great point... Maybe extra-long DLCs aren't such a bad idea... But maybe, they could only update the games you buyed. They could add something $5 or $10 plus the original price, because of the updates, but anyway, just saying. Let's stop with the topic of hating on Nintendo, no one is perfect and Nintendo is runned by humans like you and me. We all had our points and shared or dislikings (including me), but if we think again, we are being a bit (and by a bit I mean a lot) ungrateful by talking bad about the hard-working Nintendo behind their backs. Some mod please close this topic.
Last edited by ElectriKong on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

Return to “Sandbox”