Re: Level Contest 7

Postby deadfish » Sat May 03, 2014 4:34 am

Four days left! Mooth!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:37 am

deadfish wrote:Four days left!
Specificly, only 4 Days until everything is ready to go on. Problem is I can't check the forums very well during Weeks but rarely (if I am Lucky) I have access to it.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 am

More like 3 days and 13 hours left.

Also, In May 6th , my body will be ready. Well, open up tier 1 soon!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 03, 2014 8:56 am

LitDude wrote:More like 3 days and 13 hours left.

Also, In May 6th , my body will be ready. Well, open up tier 1 soon!
I find it funny how all your posts on this topic can leave the reader thinking about whether or not you think that you actually have direct influence on the contest's progression.
It's not even clear if we get Tier 1 on the specified date. Maybe a judge is not ready yet? Maybe Valtteri won't be finished with calculating the placements?
You're far too excited.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Sat May 03, 2014 9:17 am

bossedit8 wrote:
castlewars wrote:I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.
I think it is best to not reveal thoughts about who made the Level or else it contains spoilers to everyone here.
Yes, I agree with bossedit and others, while normally I would comment on your thoughts castlewars; for the sakes of preventing further exposition on my own level I won't.
deadfish wrote:
Blueoak wrote:didn't deadfish submit a proper level (albeit small) last contest
True. It's name was a joke though. Knuksisaaimeahevosenkullia (means= knux can suck horse's dick)
BEST LEVEL NAME EVER

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat May 03, 2014 9:21 am

ElTipsta wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
castlewars wrote:I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.
I think it is best to not reveal thoughts about who made the Level or else it contains spoilers to everyone here.
Yes, I agree with bossedit and others, while normally I would comment on your thoughts castlewars; for the sakes of preventing further exposition on my own level I won't.
I agree with you. Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 am

Emral wrote:Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat May 03, 2014 9:31 am

castlewars wrote:
Emral wrote:Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
... or anyone who played Harley's levels.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sat May 03, 2014 9:33 am

Emral wrote:Maybe a judge is not ready yet? Maybe Valtteri won't be finished with calculating the placements?
If some judges fail to make the date I'll just leave them out / use the reviews they were able to write in time.
Emral wrote:I agree with you. Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
Only SuperMario7 did that. I'm not requiring the judges to do it.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 9:41 am

Valtteri wrote:Only SuperMario7 did that. I'm not requiring the judges to do it.
It has happened in some of the reviews in CC3 as well - one judge (can't remember the name) guessed correctly that NameUser had made a certain level that was in one of the top tiers. Also, I guessed a few level designers in the Revived contest as well.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ElTipsta » Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

castlewars wrote:
Each level designer leaves their mark on their level. Valtteri's is very vanilla, Kyo's is very orderly and structured, deadfish's is usually very silly, Ignoritus hides phantos in his levels, reghrhre's style is very unique, and Sux's levels are known for their length. These are just a few examples of this.
Valtteri wrote:
Emral wrote:I agree with you. Besides, don't the judges leave level creator predictions in their short reviews anyways?
Only SuperMario7 did that. I'm not requiring the judges to do it.
I reckon it'd be fun for a laugh if the judges placed their bets :)

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am

ElTipsta wrote:
castlewars wrote:
Each level designer leaves their mark on their level. Valtteri's is very vanilla, Kyo's is very orderly and structured, deadfish's is usually very silly, Ignoritus hides phantos in his levels, reghrhre's style is very unique, and Sux's levels are known for their length. These are just a few examples of this.
So...I think than you will be surprised with my level....

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

ElTipsta wrote:Each level designer leaves their mark on their level. Valtteri's is very vanilla, Kyo's is very orderly and structured, deadfish's is usually very silly, Ignoritus hides phantos in his levels, reghrhre's style is very unique, and Sux's levels are known for their length. These are just a few examples of this.
Sakke's are short but clever ideas. Nien's are also short and lazily made. Bossedit's levels usually tend to be long and contain a lot of difficult puzzles. Mine always have one long section and several shorter sections. Chad makes very long levels that tend to contain some sort of switch.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:46 am

I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:49 am

bossedit8 wrote:I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).
Like 20-minute levels getting boring, even if you die , you come back at the midpoing and do more 10 minutes again.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 11:31 am

TNTtimelord wrote:Nien's are also short and lazily made.
Also a lot of them seem to contain some form of swearing and at least two Mouser bosses, like Dunes of the Past.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat May 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Nien has a fetish for Mouser don't you remember our Mouser GOD?????

Also swearing is pretty good a must have in a level. Wait this doesn't reveal anything on this contest or?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:14 pm

GrätselBüchner wrote:Swearing is pretty good a must have in a level.
Originally, for a Nintendo Standards, there is no swear words in a Mario Game what so ever. Some random Game does have that but not in a Mario Game...

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat May 03, 2014 1:16 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Nien's are also short and lazily made.
nah

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ElTipsta » Sat May 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Sux wrote:
ElTipsta wrote:
castlewars wrote:It's mainly based on the design and characteristics and seasoned community members can pick out who made the levels from these factors. Like, for example, if there's a level that has "100 is important because it is after 99" in it, then Snow Luigi Revamped will have made it.
So...I think than you will be surprised with my level....
Lemme guess....You're shortened your level. I hope so, because while your levels are nicely made, they are so long that they become a bit boring.
TNTtimelord wrote:Nien's are also short and lazily made
Castle of the Galactic Darkness in a nutshell, and perhaps Dunes from the Past as well.

Return to “Level Contests”