Level Contest 7

Official community level contests.
bossedit8
Banned

Re: Level Contest 7

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:29 pm

ElTipsta wrote:
Sux wrote:So...I think than you will be surprised with my level....
Lemme guess....You're shortened your level. I hope so, because while your levels are nicely made, they are so long that they become a bit boring.
Yeah, because that level we had before was extremely long, has a lot of elements in it which is a bit too much for a single level and it does not even work on a regular SMBX Episode which is a real problem to have.

I am getting prepared for the whole results on the first Tier or at least before that...

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm

If everyone forms theories about people's level design specs I'd like to hear my own specs, habits and flaws in my level design.

Ah, btw, Valtteri. I didn't mean to imply that the judges' assumptions on who was the creator of each level should be neccessary or ever were.
It's just a nice thing to have and both amusing to the participants and to the judges themselves.

icez
Spike
Spike

Postby icez » Sat May 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah I like to hear some speculation on my design style, I feel my contest level is a lot different then what I made in the past.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:28 pm

icez wrote:Yeah I like to hear some speculation on my design style, I feel my contest level is a lot different then what I made in the past.
Yeah, especially how big this collection we have currently. Wish the Judges and everyone who submitted a Level Luck...

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Emral wrote:If everyone forms theories about people's level design specs I'd like to hear my own specs, habits and flaws in my level design.

Ah, btw, Valtteri. I didn't mean to imply that the judges' assumptions on who was the creator of each level should be neccessary or ever were.
It's just a nice thing to have and both amusing to the participants and to the judges themselves.
I wonder if I made enoughlevels for people to figure mine out! Can anyone tell me what mine are currently?

deadfish

Postby deadfish » Sat May 03, 2014 3:48 pm

ElTipsta wrote:deadfish's is usually very silly
Jeswhat agree.
TNTtimelord wrote: Sakke's are short but clever ideas.
Look at his last contest level. I think it was pretty long. But yah I guess.
Mooth.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat May 03, 2014 4:32 pm

bossedit8 wrote:I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).
Well, you're technically calling your own levels annoying since typically they're long.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Wizard wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:I will be not surprised if there are Levels that are insanely long, again... because that is just annoying, like seriously. Also I hope there will be no levels that are not working (you know, crashing during the loading time).
Well, you're technically calling your own levels annoying since typically they're long.
That was unnecessarily rude Kep.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Sat May 03, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm kinda excited to see the judges' guesses on who made my level... since it's the first level I ever submitted and thus the judges know no characteristic elements of my levels.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Wizard wrote:
No need for that, Kep.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sat May 03, 2014 9:05 pm

smwforever45 wrote:I'm kinda excited to see the judges' guesses on who made my level... since it's the first level I ever submitted and thus the judges know no characteristic elements of my levels.
They've been spying on you in your basement day and night. They've been watching your behaviour when using SMBX, your flaws, your strengths, your sleeping schedule and your breathing cycle. I didn't want to believe it myself until I foumd the little camera installed in my Logitech Controller which clearly said "Biased Corp" on it.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Wizard wrote:
That's unnecessary. My Levels are not insanely huge. Well, except for the last contest by Useage Abilities, that was a long level but after a little surprisings there are no levels that are just annoyingly made.

XuticX
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby XuticX » Sun May 04, 2014 12:30 am

eh your levels take usually 7 to 9 minutes to complete. not bad but it is a bit long

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:44 am

I am just curious to see all the judge's ideas on who made what once the deadline has been made. I knew long ago about a person's tendency to put certain things into their levels and style, so I submitted a level that went away from my usual design style. :>

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:09 am

as303298 wrote:I am just curious to see all the judge's ideas on who made what once the deadline has been made. I knew long ago about a person's tendency to put certain things into their levels and style, so I submitted a level that went away from my usual design style. :>
What do you mean by "Style" and can you explain in detail? Does that mean keeping details a secret will be no more in future come?

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:10 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
as303298 wrote:I am just curious to see all the judge's ideas on who made what once the deadline has been made. I knew long ago about a person's tendency to put certain things into their levels and style, so I submitted a level that went away from my usual design style. :>
What do you mean by "Style" and can you explain in detail? Does that mean keeping details a secret will be no more in future come?
Like someone said, people put certain things to their levels either on purpose or accident. Best example is NameUser and his Phanto fetish.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sun May 04, 2014 3:41 am

Snow Luigi Revamped was the easiest one to sniff out. He appears to have hidden his name inside the level's design, which doesn't give away any ideas that he made this level, but there is one NPC in the level that gives the level creator away.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Sun May 04, 2014 3:50 am

you love revealing details don't you

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 am

What the helll firespak33's judged level count is the same as castlewars's.

Oh well, 2 days and 13 hours left to tier 1. Get excited.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Sun May 04, 2014 6:19 am

LitDude wrote:What the helll firespak33's judged level count is the same as castlewars's.

Oh well, 2 days and 13 hours left to tier 1. Get excited.
This time is inaccurate for reasons being miscoordination and human capabilities when it comes to calculating quickly.
as303298 wrote: Like someone said, people put certain things to their levels either on purpose or accident. Best example is NameUser and his Phanto fetish.
Funnily I did the same as you and experimented a bit with my level. I think it's still distinguishable, but it's not easy to find out that I made it.
I think I know the things I put in my levels, usually. I prefer certain coin formations and have npc placement which is often the same throughout my levels. I don't think I have a certain graphic or npc, like NameUser, though.

Return to “Level Contests”