There are 2 types of joke levels:
Zero-effort parody levels
Subtile Joke Levels with great design

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Level Contest 7

Postby HeroLinik » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 am

deadfish wrote:I hope there is lot of good joke levels.
Your argument is invalid as I know you've submitted one.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri May 02, 2014 11:20 am

smwforever45 wrote:Wait what, ALL joke levels go to Tier 1? Even if they're good joke levels?
In ToB5, all the joke levels went in a place apart the tiers, but the good joke levels went to some tiers (like ElTIpsa's level). May it will be like this in ToB6.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

I think your argument is invalid, you're kinda stereotyping deadfish due to him submitting joke levels in the past. I mean who knows, maybe he will submit a joke level, but he has submitted a normal one in the past so...

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 am

Castlewars, please do not reveal any details about any level.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 am

didn't deadfish submit a proper level (albeit small) last contest

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:53 am

Syndrilevosse wrote:
Natsu wrote:But hey, if they want to keep rising their post count with such worthless topics so be it, there are tons of ways to raise it in this precise forum. =P
So we've degraded to saying that making posts instantly means somebody is trying to raise their post count? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. They're talking about the contest, that's what this thread is for in the first place, post count isn't even relevant to anything, I don't see why everybody bothers mentioning it.
What people are trying to do and what people are thinking they could manage to do are totally diferent things. Also, if that's the case I can easly make tons of nonsensical posts regarding the contests, and following your statement it should be okay, which clearly isn't.
Syndrilevosse wrote:"Oh, this guy is posting a lot, he must be trying to raise his post count!" What do you even accomplish by saying that, and what does it even mean? Post count is meaningless, it means nothing to anybody. Why bother mentioning it if it's not even relevant?
I'd like you ask you to calm down, you're making a scene out of a single post. And I mention it because it's worth keeping in mind, at least for me. If it isn't for many of you so be it, but let me keep my own opinion for myself if you don't mind.

Presicely because of this I think the thread should be locked till results are ready, because this thread is filling with posts regarding others levels and how reviews are going. What's the point of keep posting about them exactly? People will see their scores and others' in no time, so what's the point?
Blueoak wrote:didn't deadfish submit a proper level (albeit small) last contest
Yeah, that's why we won't know till results are given. Deadfish did certainly submit many joke levels in the past, but in the last contest he submitted a serious level and managed to get to tier 3, so waiting is all we have left.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Uh, double post.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Fri May 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Christian07 wrote:Uh, double post.
No. He clicked Submit twice by accident. I'll delete the other one.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri May 02, 2014 1:35 pm

castlewars wrote:
Christian07 wrote:Uh, double post.
No. He clicked Submit twice by accident. I'll delete the other one.
ok, sorry.

Warlock
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Warlock » Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Well, as long as we're not getting levels where the only enemies are big fat whales and peices of poo, this contest is gonna be interesting. (Of course, I loved that level. I'm sure everyone looking at that level would have laughed like fuck because it's so bad. That's the thing about joke levels. But I'm sure that guy was actually SERIOUS. :P

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Fri May 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Natsu wrote: Presicely because of this I think the thread should be locked till results are ready, because this thread is filling with posts regarding others levels and how reviews are going. What's the point of keep posting about them exactly? People will see their scores and others' in no time, so what's the point?
You can basically say the same thing with this logic, if we're getting our scores in no time, what's the harm in knowing the scores earlier?

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Yes, please don't spoil the level placements, especially for somebody like deadfish (even though I think he has submitted a joke level) and hopefully I will enjoy playing whatever he has made and if it is a joke level, be something different from this:
Fabman650 wrote:levels where the only enemies are big fat whales and peices of poo

deadfish

Postby deadfish » Fri May 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Blueoak wrote:didn't deadfish submit a proper level (albeit small) last contest
True. It's name was a joke though. Knuksisaaimeahevosenkullia (means= knux can suck horse's dick)

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Fri May 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Nien wrote:
Natsu wrote: Presicely because of this I think the thread should be locked till results are ready, because this thread is filling with posts regarding others levels and how reviews are going. What's the point of keep posting about them exactly? People will see their scores and others' in no time, so what's the point?
You can basically say the same thing with this logic, if we're getting our scores in no time, what's the harm in knowing the scores earlier?
There's no harm if you think it that way, I'll give you that. Besides, what I'm saying it's only my opinion, so those who don't agree with my statements shouldn't bother on trying to change it, sorry if any of you weren't trying to.

Also, I did not click Submit twice, the problem is that I wanted my post to be viewable as fast as possible, but I searched this thread by clicking the "View unread posts" link, so I had to wait for approval. So instead of waiting I searched this thread going to General and posted it, but it seems someone approved my post making it like I double-posted.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Natsu wrote:
Nien wrote:
There's no harm if you think it that way, I'll give you that. Besides, what I'm saying it's only my opinion, so those who don't agree with my statements shouldn't bother on trying to change it, sorry if any of you weren't trying to.

Also, I did not click Submit twice, the problem is that I wanted my post to be viewable as fast as possible, but I searched this thread by clicking the "View unread posts" link, so I had to wait for approval. So instead of waiting I searched this thread going to General and posted it, but it seems someone approved my post making it like I double-posted.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
You do know that happens to every one, rght?

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Natsu wrote: Also, if that's the case I can easly make tons of nonsensical posts regarding the contests
>implying posts were nonsensical
>implying

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Fri May 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Ace wrote:
Natsu wrote: Also, if that's the case I can easly make tons of nonsensical posts regarding the contests
>implying posts were nonsensical
>implying
I never said posts made up to now were nonsensical, I was giving a mere example.

Also, I'd like to stop here because I can see things will probably get worse.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat May 03, 2014 3:03 am

ElTipsta wrote:Yes, please don't spoil the level placements, especially for somebody like deadfish (even though I think he has submitted a joke level) and hopefully I will enjoy playing whatever he has made and if it is a joke level, be something different from this:
Fabman650 wrote:levels where the only enemies are big fat whales and peices of poo
ElTipsta, as you're the king of nonlinearity, I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:29 am

castlewars wrote:I think you've probably submitted a super-nonlinear level with a lot of nonlinear exploration and backtracking, with secrets.
I think it is best to not reveal thoughts about who made the Level or else it contains spoilers to everyone here.

Return to “Level Contests”