Level Contest 7

Official community level contests.
sezixor
Blooper
Blooper

Re: Official Level Contest 7

Postby sezixor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:24 pm

I was beginning to wonder when the next contest would happen. It's great to see it has started again. I am not sure if I will be able to finish a level this time because of how busy I have been, but I'll see if I can make something before the deadline and win it again. But anyway, good luck to everyone.

S.N.N.

Postby S.N.N. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Came over here from SMW Central. Let's see if I have some motivation to pump out a level for this.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:36 pm

I will join this contest.

EDIT:What if you don't have a steam?
Last edited by glitch4 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimono

Postby Nimono » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 pm

I also came from SMW Central, and would love to try my hand at this! Hopefully I'll be able to keep myself motivated for this.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Welcome to the forums, SMWC guys! It's great to see this much interest in the contest.

Kyo
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Kyo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Valtteri wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:The judge list is finished? Can I still enter into the Judge or not?
We have enough judges at this point.
Not like I want to become a judge, but I consider picking the judges by yourself and then post the topic instead of giving other users the chance to apply as extremely unfair towards other users who also want to judge.

Quill
Rydia
Rydia

Postby Quill » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Kyo wrote:
Valtteri wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:The judge list is finished? Can I still enter into the Judge or not?
We have enough judges at this point.
Not like I want to become a judge, but I consider picking the judges by yourself and then post the topic instead of giving other users the chance to apply as extremely unfair towards other users who also want to judge.
Completely agree.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:09 pm

I actually kind of like the concept of having Level Judges be the contest judges.

Gives people more of an incentive to be a Level Judge, among other things.

Kyo
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Kyo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:14 pm

That would indeed be a good idea, but the current level judges aren't judges. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kep is not on the list.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:27 pm

I honestly didn't find the previous judge polls successful enough, and decided to pick a judge team myself to ensure they indeed know what they're doing. I'm sorry if some feel offended by my decision. That was not my intention. Over 20 people signed up for the contest in a very short time anyway so obviously most people are okay with the current set of judges.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm certainly in.

If it's possible, I'd also like to be a judge, though I understand if someone wants to select them themselves.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Just a question: What is the prize?

as303298
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby as303298 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Christian07 wrote:Just a question: What is the prize?
Achknowledgment

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Christian07 wrote:Just a question: What is the prize?
I edited the first post half an hour ago adding "About the prize, for now it's the same old fame and glory, but there's a chance Drluigi could donate a couple of Sonic games on Steam as the first and second prizes."

Also, for those who are concerned about the judge choices, I have hired Quill as the seventh judge and before you get too hectic about it, it was because we will be designing the episode around the level submissions together and it only seemed fair to have him as a judge as well. The number of judges is growing because I don't have the heart to kick out the original people who signed up for judges. I hate to reject any further requests, but that's what I have to do.

Kyo
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Kyo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Valtteri wrote:I honestly didn't find the previous judge polls successful enough, and decided to pick a judge team myself to ensure they indeed know what they're doing. I'm sorry if some feel offended by my decision. That was not my intention. Over 20 people signed up for the contest in a very short time anyway so obviously most people are okay with the current set of judges.
I see what you mean. In public polls there's often a sign of bias which can sometimes heavily influence the result, but there is no way you can prevent bias. Many people just vote for people they consider as most responsible as well. There is bias, but the result is what the community wants. But look, what's the proof that you are not biased? Don't get me wrong, I trust you, but many others don't. You are the host, but it's still not your contest. To my knowledge, this is still a community contest. If it was yours, it would be fine. Please, could you let us pick the judges next time like we did in the previous contests? I really think the community should decide, even though a responsible person could pick better ones. It's for the sake of fairness.

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:59 pm

As usual I will participate. This time I will not make a long and tedious level, how in previous contest, on this time I hope to reach the top 10.
And I have a certain nostalgia of reviewing / judging levels, since unfortunately The Invasion 3 was canceled.
If possible, apply me to be judge, using my skills I had acquired how TI3 Moderator, but without long reviews.
And good luck to all who wish to participate in this competition! :D

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Joining Chad in the club "we-already-submitted-our-levels". Gonna chill for a while now and see how everything goes. Good luck and have fun, everyone!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:09 pm

You know. A inactive/new member likes to post on this topic which is weird to me.

By the Judge, I can understand that but I still kinda want it to be one.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:23 pm

I will participate in the competition.
Last edited by Lx Xzit on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm in, as this may be the first time I ever get into such contest, or mostly any kind of contest.

Return to “Level Contests”